Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,921 comments
"It's not a mistake.... and don't call me Shirley." :lol:

That's how it typically is with a standing start in GT2/3. GT1 will have the false start check and GT2/3 won't.
1708948562690.png

shame, the 'real'start is so much more fun...

Attachments

• 1708948492434.png
    1708948492434.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I know Nations is up first but here is my Manu for this season.
I wanted something new so if my randomisation process landed on a manu I had already done I would restart the process.
There was no need and I got a new manu first time.
I am with Porsche for the 4 rounds.
fd0d2e094d709fe4b44b42f76cbc988e_photo.webp

Using the offical GTWS finals livery and my take at it on the Cayman with the limited tools they have in the game.

Tested a few cars for Suzuka and sadly the Mazda is still significantly faster than anything else. Not sure yet if I’ll even be able to race tomorrow but that’ll be my ride.

EDIT - faster for me down at the bottom of GT2, I know it's not top of the leaderboards

Last edited:
Tested a few cars for Suzuka and sadly the Mazda is still significantly faster than anything else. Not sure yet if I’ll even be able to race tomorrow but that’ll be my ride.
That doesn't seem to match the top players, which are all using the Supra or the McLaren.

So, you're staying with your choice, good for you.
I'm still hesitating.

My Ferrari heart wants me to stay loyal with the marque, but the brain wouldn't mind trying something else...
I think just for this year. I'm still somewhat new to the online races, only participating in the championships since last year. As uncompetitive as the Cayman is, I'm pretty comfortable with it. And the RSR is pretty good.

Grid starts in the Cayman are bad though. 1st gear is useless in that thing.

That doesn't seem to match the top players, which are all using the Supra or the McLaren.
I am far from a top player. Way down at my level the Mazda will probably still be competitive.
Other option was the Citroen but that was about 6 tenths slower. It does get a bonus for being an absolute tank, no one is squeezing past that wideboy.

I'm going to wait and see if there is rain in the earlier timezones. If it's totally clear, I'm going with the Mclaren. If there is a mix of sun and rain, the Bugatti. If it is completely soaked for the whole race, the G70.

I am far from a top player. Way down at my level the Mazda will probably still be competitive.
Other option was the Citroen but that was about 6 tenths slower. It does get a bonus for being an absolute tank, no one is squeezing past that wideboy.
Go with whatever makes you most comfortable. I know the McLaren and the Toyota are the META's but for some reason I can not find the speed in both the McLaren and the Supra. But I can in the Ferrari, so that's the one I am going with.

To many people are just going for whatever is topping the chart without considering if the car actually soothes them.

For the Mazda, I really do not like the way it drives, I did about two practice laps with it at the Fuji event recently and found it so horrid to handle I called it a day. But if you can be competitive in it then why not use it...

Go with whatever makes you most comfortable. I know the McLaren and the Toyota are the META's but for some reason I can not find the speed in both the McLaren and the Supra. But I can in the Ferrari, so that's the one I am going with.

To many people are just going for whatever is topping the chart without considering if the car actually soothes them.

For the Mazda, I really do not like the way it drives, I did about two practice laps with it at the Fuji event recently and found it so horrid to handle I called it a day. But if you can be competitive in it then why not use it...
I tried the Ferrari yesterday and found the brakes to be atrocious, but still set my best time in it. The Supra was better except through the highspeed and it gave me no confidence through 130R. I then tried the 155. It did everything I wanted it to do and was only 2 tenths off my Ferrari time in the limited running I did, so I'm going with it tomorrow.

I haven't liked it previously but on this track it seems to fit my driving style (ie very slow & steady in sector 1, then POWER! the rest of the lap). Practice times seemed about right for my DR, mostly low Bs around me on the leaderboard.

Not expecting rain in a Gr4 race so should just be a straight sprint. As I usually qualify near the back the grid start will actually be quite nice, I won't be released in the middle of the chicane!

Only chance of racing is the last couple of slots so I should have lots of reports from here to guide me.

I think just for this year. I'm still somewhat new to the online races, only participating in the championships since last year. As uncompetitive as the Cayman is, I'm pretty comfortable with it. And the RSR is pretty good.

Grid starts in the Cayman are bad though. 1st gear is useless in that thing.
Just to clarify, tomorrow's race is a Nations even so you're not tied to your Manu pick. You can pick Porsche as your Manu and still use the Supra/McLaren/any Gr4 car for the Nations race.

I assume you know this but the bolded was throwing me a bit.

Just to clarify, tomorrow's race is a Nations even so you're not tied to your Manu pick. You can pick Porsche as your Manu and still use the Supra/McLaren/any Gr4 car for the Nations race.

I assume you know this but the bolded was throwing me a bit.
Thanks for clearing that up. I just saw Gr.4 and thought Manu.

I recommend you try the McLaren some more. It's not FF but it still understeers almost as much as the Mazda. The key to making it fast is to short-shift.

What’s a good race time for Suzuka tomorrow, ideally lower end GT1(50k-60k DR)?
Can’t give you an accurate estimate, but I’m in GT1 league for the first time ever just about scraping an A DR rating… scanning the leaderboards around the 2:10.00 - 2:11.00 times and that seems to be mostly A DR drivers with the occasional A+ and B’s

So I would say a rough estimate at the moment would be mid 2:10s? I could be wrong though. I’m on the slower end of that time so I could be coping abit too 😂

Edit: 2:10 quali lap that is and I’m usually a second behind my quali lap on race time so I’m not sure of total race time! I’m might do a run of it now to see how I fare

Last edited:
Can’t give you an accurate estimate, but I’m in GT1 league for the first time ever just about scraping an A DR rating… scanning the leaderboards around the 2:10.00 - 2:11.00 times and that seems to be mostly A DR drivers with the occasional A+ and B’s

So I would say a rough estimate at the moment would be mid 2:10s? I could be wrong though. I’m on the slower end of that time so I could be coping abit too 😂

Edit: 2:10 quali lap that is and I’m usually a second behind my quali lap on race time so I’m not sure of total race time! I’m might do a run of it now to see how I fare
Sorry, I meant like a full race time for 10 laps. I ran a practice race earlier, and a race comes out somewhere around 22 minutes, depending one pace and variable. It will be closer to 21 minutes at the upper DR lobbies. I was curious as to how close to the 21 minute mark those lobbies are going to be running.

Lap time wise, my optimal is a 9.5 if I can stop making stupid mistakes, 10.1 FL so far.

Went back and fourth between a few manufacturers for this season. Mainly Honda, Ford for the '18 GT, Mazda for the RX-V and VW. All manufacturers I've driven/drive regularly, but in the end I've stuck with VW and my trusty Beetle.

18ded1ead2137-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ded1ec68598-screenshotUrl.jpg

Whilst last season was only a very small exhibition, I do want to right some poor performances. As out of the 3 races, I missed my favourite and the only got to enter one, which I bottled horribly when the Beetle was one for a decent result.

Overall this season looks alright, I personally would have liked tuning to be open again. Perhaps something different this time and have diff tuning only. But I appreciate I'm in the minority of those who want it, which is fair enough so each to their own :cheers: .

Otherwise I'll be that pleb in a Beetle, knocking around the bottom end of GT1, often the lone VW in my lobbies if you see me 😅👋.

Last edited:
The following regulation changes have been made to the ‘Penalty Settings’ for Round 1 of the ‘GTWS’ Manufacturers Cup 2023/24 Exhibition Series - Season 3, due to be held on 13 March.

■ Penalty Settings Changes

- Wall Collision Penalty: Weak
- Wall Collision Detection: Strict

Due to these changes, the practice time rankings for this round have now been reset.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

were people abusing the walls again? :irked:

Last edited:
The following regulation changes have been made to the ‘Penalty Settings’ for Round 1 of the ‘GTWS’ Manufacturers Cup 2023/24 Exhibition Series - Season 3, due to be held on 13 March.

■ Penalty Settings Changes

- Wall Collision Penalty: Weak
- Wall Collision Detection: Strict
At first I thought this was for Rd.3 at Bathurst. That would have been awful with RH tires on that track. Not too bothered that they turned it on at GVH, though.
Had a quick skim through an Aussie stream of Nations Rd1 - as expected it was completely dry throughout. Pure sprint race.
Same on the streams that I checked. Looks like I'll be driving the McLaren today.

I recommend you try the McLaren some more. It's not FF but it still understeers almost as much as the Mazda. The key to making it fast is to short-shift.
I don't like the Gr4 650S, not really for the way it drives, more for the way it sounds. The exhaust note (in chase mode) is too much of a drone, it drives me round the bend.

I know this sounds very odd but I am a very odd person.

Jumped in at the first slot, B/S lobby.

Qualyifing went okayish, messed up my first lap and played it safe a bit for the second one. Did a 2.11.9 and that gave me third place. First place was a Supra from a German Youtuber, second place also a Supra, this one from Norway. Grid consisted of several Supra's and Ferrari's, one Mazda, one McLaren and one Genesis.

Start went okay for me, but not for the guy on Pole and I managed to get in the middle of the Supras and gained a position. Tried to keep up with the Norwegian Supra who went from seconf to first place but he was just faster and the German Supra that dropped from pole to third caught up with me and after a few laps he overtook me. During the race it felt like a bit of a forcefull move but just saw the replay and it his overtake was actually okay with just a bit of contact. I left to much of an opening for him...

So then tried to stay behind him but he also was to fast. The fastest lap in the race was actually faster then my best practice time so I think I really was up against some very good drivers. But I did not do so bad either I think, my fastest lap was better then my qualifying lap!

Behind me an Italian in a Ferrari was getting closer and when I made a small mistake about halfway through the race he overtook me too. I managed to stay close behind him but never had any chance to actually threaten him, so till the end of the race I stayed close but had to settle for fourth place in the end.

1709117635607.png

So a simple conclusion: three competitors were just (much) faster then me and fourth was the best I could do. Had fun though and I am concidering going again later today, just for the heck of it.....

Last edited:
Started 3rd, slightly bogged down at the start but still made turn 1 in 3rd thanks to 4th place backing out of the corner.

First place ran wide at Turn 1, promoting me to second where I stayed until Lap 6. I took the lead when the leader ran wide at the hairpin. We made contact on his re-join but fortunately no damage. Slowly pulled away through the rest of the race to win by three seconds.

Never the most eventful races at Suzuka, but the Supra is fun enough to drive, and a win is a win. One and done.

Last edited:
Back