Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,908 comments
I discovered that the Citreon has a secret -- though probably useless -- superpower last night in some lobby races at Autopolis. @fardoche was there too, btw, and we had some great fun racing each other. Anyways, back to the superpower: It is a rocket off the line in a grid start race. The lobby was doing short 5-lap practice races with a grid start. I did 5 or 6 of them and every time I blasted way ahead of the rest of the field to turn 1. I'd have a full second on the next car by the time I got to the corner.

It is probably useless, though, because in the history of Manu Cup on GT7 there has never been a grid start. According to the GT-Engine archives, every Manu Cup race has been a rolling start.
in Gran Turismo Sport there was one; there was a grid start at a Gt3 race on the Tokyo Expressway in the Manufacturers series.
Hope they will do a grid start in manufacturers in GT7 once in a while...

Last edited:
in Gran Turismo Sport there was one; there was a grid start at a Gt3 race on the Tokyo Expressway in the Manufacturers series.
Hope they will do a grid start in GT7 once in a while...
I mean they have for sure. Not a lot of times, but they definitely have. This TGR has more grid starts than rolling (five and two, respectfully); Nations had one this season and two last season. Manu races seem to have less, though.

I mean they have for sure. Not a lot of times, but they definitely have. This TGR has more grid starts than rolling (five and two, respectfully); Nations had one this season and two last season. Manu races seem to have less, though.
I was only speaking of the Manufacturs series, and hoping they would add some grid starts in that particular series. I know they have some in TGR and nations, should have been more exact in my last sentence, sorry...

How many races will be counted towards points in this exhibition GTWS? I usually know this info but this time, I don't. And I can't find this info anywhere either. I am assuming two?

Short races with no strategy is not really for me.

Same question for the ongoing Gazoo cup as well. Thank you in advance. :)

How many races will be counted towards points in this exhibition GTWS? I usually know this info but this time, I don't. And I can't find this info anywhere either. I am assuming two?

Short races with no strategy is not really for me.

Same question for the ongoing Gazoo cup as well. Thank you in advance. :)
From the Manufacturers Cup announcement:
At the end of Round 4, the scores from your two best rounds will be counted.
From the TGR GT Cup announcement:
Following Round 7, scores from your three best rounds will be tallied.
You can find those announcements on the GT7 news page, but you might have to click back a page or two to find the original TGR one.

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - The behavioural models for the suspensions and the steering have been adjusted:
  ・Calculation of suspension geometry has been improved, resulting in more natural cornering physics and acceleration/deceleration stability levels;
  ・Calculation of steering geometry has been improved, resulting in more accurate simulation of steering forces;
  ・Damper attenuation behaviour have been adjusted, resulting in more natural physics on road bumps and kerbs.

- The tyre physics simulation model has been adjusted:
  ・Turning stability on low speed corners and kerbs has been improved;
  ・Surface resistance (rolling resistance) has been optimised;
  ・Heat and wear behaviour have been adjusted on Racing tyres;
  ・Grip reduction on the racing line in wet conditions, and hydroplaning physics have been adjusted.

- Default settings have been adjusted:
  ・Initial suspension and aerodynamics settings have been changed on all race cars and certain road cars.

- Performance Points (PP) for all featured cars have been updated;

- The wireless controller steering algorithm has been updated:
  ・The steering algorithm when using the analogue sticks or the directional pad has been improved, resulting in better handling.

- Controller behaviour for steering wheels have been updated:
  ・The force feedback algorithm has been adjusted, allowing devices to use their full torque range;
  ・The steering geometry calculation have improved, resulting in better force feedback feeling.

- The effects of the following driving assists have been updated:
  ・The Traction Control (TCS) assist intervention has been optimised;
  ・Corner braking control for ABS (anti-lock brakes) has been optimised.

Alot of changes - i wonder if the BOP changed

It was mentioned in some other thread that there are indeed some BoP changes. Between those, physics changes, and setup changes, there's gonna be a loot of new stuff to get used to.

So it seems like group C is dead in group 1 now? Around 100 hp less now, while the most dominant car (919) remains unchanged.

Well, Autopolis just got nicer to drive, at least in the Porsche! Did about 10 laps and really like the new physics! Was 0.2 behind my previous best time with lots more on the table.

Slower corners like the first hairpin have more grip and feeling, and the final sweeping section of the lap can be hustled harder over the kerbs and catching slides is easier. The whole track is just more engaging to drive and not so much on a knife edge.

I didn't play much with the BB but for sure it's more effective, the uphill hairpin was a little easier to lock up and miss the apex. Changing BB during a lap might be a useful skill now, F1 style.

Really impressed so far :)

Things are looking worse for me at Autopolis in the Citreon after the update, by quite a lot. I'm significantly slower -- by a full second per lap, I'd estimate -- after the physics update and BoP nerf of the car [Edit: Taking a second look at the BoP changes, it seems the BoP settings haven't changed at all for the car. Only the PP has dropped.] In my practice custom races before the update I'd been consistently getting best laps in the high 1:46s on RS tires. Today, I couldn't even break into the 1:47s.

I managed to run some test races at Autopolis with both the RS and RM tires first thing this morning. In general, it looks like tires are wearing faster than they were prior to the update. Lap times appear to gradually increase with the tire wear, too. Interestingly, it looks like only the front tires were affected by the update in the Citreon. The rear tread levels are exactly the same.

Here are the numbers:
Tire strategy (GT7 version)Opt timeBest timeAvg timeAvg devTotal time
10RM (v1.48)1:46.1591:48.3241:48.6560:00.49518:06.559
10RM (v1.49)1:48.0951:48.3711:48.5650:00.46518:05.650
10RS (v1.48)1:45.2591:47.3031:47.9190:00.56317:59.194
10RS (v1.49)1:45.1731:48.0611:48.6420:00.91618:06.421

pubchart

Tread levels at finish:
Tire strategy (GT7 version)Front leftFront rightRear leftRear right
10RM (v1.48)70%80%70%75%
10RM (v1.49)65%75%70%75%
10RS (v1.48)55%70%50%60%
10RS (v1.49)30%50%50%60%

I'm glad I had decent results in the first couple rounds of this season because the next two look like they might be write-offs.

Last edited:
My initial subjective impression based on the new events and this Autopolis practice in my Alfa Romeo Gr3 using the DualSense controller (I might be wrong about everything):
1. The ice skating feeling is gone. Now the cars lose grip a bit more gradually, like in other simcade games. Which is nice!
2. There is more noticeable weight transfer. The game feels closer in direction to ACC (Assetto Corsa Competizione). The cars are now always bouncing around just like in ACC.
3. Stomping and quickly releasing brakes now upsets the car more. I gotta learn how to brake smoothly.
4. The perpetual understeer is gone. Now the car understeers and oversteers more like it should, instead of almost constantly understeering.
5. Understeering is killing front tires significantly. We controller players are in danger.
6. Kerbs feel more slippery.

They have not reset Autopolis best times, which is frustrating since I want to see others' times post the update.

Before the update, I had best 1:47.9 which is 2 second slower than ideal time to be competitive at my DR level.
After the update, I have best 1:48.1 so far. No idea yet how much faster I need to be, in order to be competitive.

Done a bit of rough testing in the Huracan last night and today around Autopolis. My lap times are little bit slower and there is a little bit more tyre wear with the new physics even though the Huracan lost a little bit of weight with the new BOP.

Note - Im a controller user and i was using neutral brake balance.

V1.48 (Old Physics)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240725030243.jpg

V1.49 (New Physics)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240725170607.jpg

Last edited:
I did a race at Tokyo with @F4H Super GT in it and appeared in the video, but this was not exactly the apperance I would like to make (I am in the Renault). Looks terrible in hindsight but in the moment I really thought we can make it with Alfa through the narrowing part intact. Got to learn from (this time my own) mistakes.

I discovered that the Citreon has a secret -- though probably useless -- superpower last night in some lobby races at Autopolis. @fardoche was there too, btw, and we had some great fun racing each other. Anyways, back to the superpower: It is a rocket off the line in a grid start race. The lobby was doing short 5-lap practice races with a grid start. I did 5 or 6 of them and every time I blasted way ahead of the rest of the field to turn 1. I'd have a full second on the next car by the time I got to the corner.

It is probably useless, though, because in the history of Manu Cup on GT7 there has never been a grid start. According to the GT-Engine archives, every Manu Cup race has been a rolling start.
That was super fun racing.
Most of not all races, we were starting in front row and @Moose78 was just flying off the start. It feels like some thing might be wrong with my starts... Or it has something to do with NSX 500gt. The Porsches were passing me by the first turn. I will do more tests when I get a chance.

I found your Citroen massive on the track! Felt like racing against a space ship.

Last edited:
I tried a custom race and I started hating softs at just 6th lap. They don't like to turn right when halfway depleted!

The mediums felt pretty stable throughout (I tried till 8th lap) but at the same time, it is quite a struggle not to lose grip frequently and dance around, heating up the tires, and dance around even more due to low grip. Overall, I still liked mediums more. I just need to learn to release brakes more gradually. Mediums is my strategy so far this weekend if I get chance to take part.

Usually I would set BB all way back to preserve front tires, but can't really do that here as I lose grip on corner entries due to steering while still braking.

Btw, the AI/bots spun a lot in my custom races. When they tried to recover, they spun even more.

So it's looking like, per your guys' reports, that the RS will last the whole race. However, they fall off quicker so it may be a case of some will run RS and some will run RM in hopes the RMs will come to life towards the end of the race.

IMO, most will run the RS and try to save tires. I do like how the wear seems more even now; MRs for example will still wear more on the rears but it's not a 10:1 ratio like it used to be. I've not done any testing yet. Obviously the race is tomorrow and I will have very limited chances to do one, if any.

Last edited:
Round 2 info for the Prague live event is out

Manufacturers is Red Bull Ring, Nations is Dragon Trail Seaside with a sprint race in the RA272 at Eiger (that sounds like controversy waiting to happen!).

Stream viewing rewards are the Skoda and new Genesis VGTs, so effectively ~1 million credits at the UCD.
No need to log on for a second then with those rewards. Just catch it direct on YT.

Crazy that they nerfed the R8 Evo and boosted the older NSX. Always thought that NSX was the stronger car. Feeling a bit jaded.. they nerfed ma baby! /endrant.

Not sure if I'll compete this weekend as I won't be home most of Saturday and don't anticipate having the energy at the end of the day. If I do, it'll be on my GT2 account to get a quick taste of racing with the update.

Good luck to everyone who will be giving it a go.

IMO, most will run the RS and try to save tires. I do like how the wear seems more even now; MRs for example will still wear more on the rears but it's not a 10:1 ratio like it used to be. I've not done any testing yet. Obviously the race is tomorrow and I will have very limited chances to do one, if any.
Given the testing that I've done so far -- which isn't all that much -- I'm feeling like I will only run the RSs for qualifying and go with RMs for the race. For me, the benefit of RSs was small and dropped off quite dramatically at the end. I might be slightly slower on RMs for the first half of the race, but given how hard it is to overtake on this track when the cars are of similar speed, I feel like I should be able to hold off most attempts or at least not fall off too badly. In the latter half of the race, when the RS drivers are struggling, is when I hope to make some moves.

I did a full-length lobby race on Wednesday night and even then -- before the update -- many of the drivers on RSs were really struggling toward the end and I was able to pick up a bunch of spots in the last couple laps. I'm expecting with the new tire wear model, that RS drivers will struggle even more. Since I'm not all that fast on the track -- and even slower after the update -- I figure my best bet is to bide my time in the back and pick up whatever I can towards the end.

Hopefully, I'll get some time tonight to try that out in some lobby races.

Back