Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,940 comments
What have the lap times been in GT2? If I may ask?
At the sharp end QT lap 1 (hot) 2:07-2:11 give or take

Lap 2 2:05-2:08

GT1 is a lot quicker take 2 seconds off those at my level even more in the upper A/A+ lobbies

GT2 (in the last quarter of the race) In race 2:02s again give or take half a second.

I'd imagine that some peeps are easily in to the 2:00-2:01 range in GT 1

Last edited:
At the sharp end QT lap 1 (hot) 2:07-2:11 give or take

Lap 2 2:05-2:08

GT1 is a lot quicker take 2 seconds off those at my level even more in the upper A/A+ lobbies

GT2 (in the last quarter of the race) In race 2:02s again give or take half a second.

I'd imagine that some peeps are easily in to the 2:00-2:01 range in GT 1
Yeah. OK. I might have a blind shot at top 8 finish. My best lap in the practices I've done is an 02.064. Thanks for the information.

Oh man what could have been……

Decided why not and ended up doing the 3pm slot.

Points 157 for P1, I was door number 6 in the Chevy

Qualifying - well made a mess of that! So I crossed the line in 2.04 knowing I had the last lap at the end and hopefully the best track conditions…well I totally forgot that the lap is longer than 2.04 in the wet. 1 lap and P12

Race - Got a great start! Made a few places and unintentionally sent it into T1. Luckily I got away with no damage but they was a slight door bang. Lap 2 the green Porsche pushed me into the wall as I was slipstreaming and I dropped a few places. Lap 3 I make an error and clip the wall to get 0.5 and damage. As I was still in the slipstream I didn’t lose too much time, and lap 4 is when I boxed. The grip was ok but I was cautious. Then lap 6 the Porsche who pushed me into the wall, decided at T1 to run into the wall and I followed them. Left from damage but no penalty luckily. I decided to stay in my P6 and just hold on. Not sure if I should have boxed or not? In the end I brought it home for P8. P6 should on been on the cards, maybe higher?

One shot a done for me. Took 111 points which don’t actually matter to me I think that’s my only race.

That was a fun race in the end. The weather was just right and I feel PD made the correct call in extending the rain, even though I didn’t test the weather before the change.

Edit: I’ve been told if you get damage, it’s quicker to pit and fix it (lap dependent)

Last edited:
Q7 to P6 in Americas GT2 slot 1, mixed A/S B/S lobby worth 154 points, door #12 in the trusty Supra

Not much to report, really. Decent qualy, decent race. P1 and P2 walked away from everyone by 10 seconds at the end, while P3 through 7 were basically a train of cars throughout waiting (hoping) someone ahead made a mistake which never happened. Pit at the end of 5 laps to switch from IM to RH. Beat a bunch of A/S guys for a nice DR boost and can almost touch DR-A

Happy enough with 122 points to call it a day, and go enjoy a drive in my real life brand new Toyota Corolla Hatch (non-GR model :()

Last edited:
Slot 1 - ruined by someone couldn't drive following a line in the road

Slot 2 - I got 11s of damage in P5 from someone who was in p12

These are A/S lobbies "apparently" one guy didn't have wet tires, another tried to QT on RHs the rest are like feral children trying to win the first corner in a 12 lap/25 min race. Jesus.

No offence to anyone but I get in the splits further down a bit of accidents and clumsiness etc that's how we learn but in A/S lobbies you'd think people could make the first f something corner. :/

I really didn't want to do the last slot. Sigh.

Edit:

It's definitely worse in the A lobbies sometimes where a bit of hubris and ambition outweighs talent comes in to play

Last edited:
Q7 to P6 in Americas slot 1, mixed A/S B/S lobby worth 154 points, door #12 in the trusty Supra

Not much to report, really. Decent qualy, decent race. P1 and P2 walked away from everyone by 10 seconds at the end, while P3 through 7 were basically a train of cars throughout waiting (hoping) someone ahead made a mistake which never happened. Pit at the end of 5 laps to switch from IM to RH. Beat a bunch of A/S guys for a nice DR boost and can almost touch DR-A

Happy enough with 122 points to call it a day, and go enjoy a drive in my real life brand new Toyota Corolla (non-GR model :()
congrats with your new car, have fun with it!! And you can't do better then a Toyota.

(except with a Lexus offcourse ; ))

I still have a few hours to wait until the first GT1 slot in the Americas. I've had the day to think through some of the likely race scenarios and have come up with this plan for dealing with damage:

No damage: Pit on lap 4 for slicks. Go fast.
Light damage (1 component; expected ~3s loss per lap): If it comes before lap 4, ride it out to lap 3 to pit for repairs and slicks. Take it easy on the first lap out to avoid getting damage again. If damage is after tire change and before lap 7, pit immediately for repairs.
Moderate to heavy damage (2 or more components; expected 5s loss or more): Ride it out to lap 3, as above, if it comes early. If it comes after the tire change and before lap 10, pit immediately for repairs.

Well that first America GT2 slot was well. Didn't Q, started last, finished 7th. I swapped out to the RHs on L5 and had a good battle with three other cars for 7th place at the line. Front 2 runners ran IM all the way, were running 2:06 for most of the race. The pack was catching them the last 2 laps. This race oughta' be a few laps more, enough to toast those running IMs by the last 2 laps, would encourage a little stategy parity.

Last edited:
One last comment is the whole you need to be driving count down.

Has anyone at PD ever tried to recover a car facing the wrong way off the dry line with slicks on. Just moaning and venting 😝

Race 1, GT1 3pm. Good qualifying lap to start 4th. My Beetle isn't the greatest down the straight, by turn 1 I was being slipstreamed past. From there it got a bit crowded, whacked a couple of times in the following corners to end up with damaged front, rear & suspension. Struggled onto to the end of lap 4, pitted for RH and repairs, which cost an extra 9 seconds!

Race was as good as over from here, still finished 10th, so others where having it even worse.

Race 2, GT1 5pm. Good banker on the first qualy lap, unfortunately caught a slow car on the second lap, ended up 8th, could have been 3rd without Mr Slow getting in the way.

Maybe starting only 8th was a good thing, by more luck than judgement dodge all the first lap madness and ended up fighting for 4th over the following laps until pitting at the end of lap 4.

Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_.jpeg

As I came out I was dragged past by a Suzuki that hadn't stopped yet. This lead to a frustrating three or so laps trying to get passed and stay ahead. Got past once, then was easily outdragged down the start finish stretch. Thankfully next time I passed him it was early in the lap, so could build up enough of a lead to keep ahead on the next blast down the start finish straight.

Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise__1.jpeg

From here it was a good clean battle with a French Porsche for 4th. The start of lap 10 he pulled off a nice pass into turn 1, down the inside on the wet line!He made is stick, followed by a fast enough lap to pull a little clear. From here on I couldn't catch him, all I could do was keep up the pressure, but he ran a good clean final few laps to take 4th.

Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise__5.jpeg

The last lap I could see we were closing fast on 2nd & 3rd, turns out they were no stopping, and made it work, sort of. They were already ahead when I pitted, so I'd say they took 2nd & 3rd despite the no stop strategy, rather than because of it.

Overall very pleased with the result, I don't think anything more was possible. Loved driving this track in the drying conditions, it always feels great when you're going faster and faster with each lap and the fast turns flow nicely.

Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise__3.jpeg

Last edited:
My fingers were itching to go again and so i did.

GT2, mid B, 92pts for the win, door #7

Quali went really really bad. Stuck in traffic and could only manage 1 lap. Got pushed into the wall in my 2nd flying lap so i decided to go back into the pit. Started on P8.

Race started really good though. The expected carnage in T1 played out as I thought and after the first 2 corners i was in P4. really good and clean racing overall. Fought with 3 different people over the whole race and only one incident.

Misjudged the speed and bumped the guy in front of me into turn 1. I made room to let him pass and resumed racing.

Pitted after lap 6 this time and had some great battles to the end. Finished in P3 for 85points. 7 points more then before so happy about that.

190d13b885611-screenshotUrl.jpg

190d13ba2aa29-screenshotUrl.jpg

Ran my GT2 account in slot 1. Qualified first and finished first. Managed a 2:05 pole time and pitted at the end of lap 5.

2nd place finisher was 10 seconds back and ran a no-stop strategy. Will need to up my pace for the GT1 races later. Pitting a lap earlier will be entirely possible because I know I won't be at the top of the field in the upcoming rounds.

Last edited:
My rage has no boundaries at the moment.

Heavy damage, lap 1 one what's the strat....follow everyone round and don't hit them....seems reasonable.

Nope in my luck of the draw lobby the last f ing one we have 4 hero's that because the can out brake decide to do just that, while they are on the wet part of the circuit.

I can't make this stuff up. It genuinely beggars belief and I will reiterate this is A/S lobbies.

Might just skip the rest of them now, 4 people have quit already.

Breathe Glen,

Good luck to all my American racers. Go fast and safe and bring it home (better than I could)

Edit:

All 4 of the morons quit ffs like really is that how people roll.

Sigh just sigh.

Last edited:
ran two races this morning in GT2.

If you want to qualify well, you need to get two flyinig laps and should pit leave by about 4:30. I am a 'waiter' and didn't get two laps in, Qd P12 in the frist.

Noticed it was drying up faster and pitted lap 4, (I think it might have even been after 3?). Ran clean finished P8.

Both of my mid-B races were pretty well behaved through turn 1. Just sayin.

Second race tried a no-stop. It's doable but you need to be on the very sharp end of things. I started P6. Late in the race, RHers started gaining on me in the middle sectors and they won't have any patience with you. I could do 205s and 206s if left to myself but a lot of laps were just trying to not get tangled up with them. I would let them go by when I could. Finished P9(?). I pretty sure P5 was on a no-stop.

Bike ride now... not sure I will go again this evening on either account. Good luck

f you want to qualify well, you need to get two flyinig laps and should pit leave by about 4:30. I am a 'waiter' and didn't get two laps in, Qd P12 in the frist
I said this, go out early and make space if you need to but you need a banker lap.

I waited on my first GT2 race and got a hot second lap with 1 second to go.

Don't try to out think it or be clever. Go out, clear the track and be aware enough to make the space you need.

If you are following a sensible driver just follow for the tow.

If they are a bit awful wait before the straight/hairpin to get a gap.

I made the mistake of following a few slow peeps (relative)

That was a race!

I started 15th because of factors (I was having too much fun drifting) so took it easy the first few laps to keep the car in a good condition and picked off the places as they came, at the end of lap 3 it looked a bit messy ahead so I stopped for slicks which in hindsight was a lap too soon. Still the Audi felt like it had some pace here so it eventually made it to the front, the only issue was the straight line speed, it just didn't have enough to pass the old NSXs on the main straight.

I uploaded the full race if anybody is interested:

Gave it a try (GT2 DR B, 90 something points for the win), only qualified for P8. At least my race pace is better so was 4th after pitting at end of Lap 5.
Everything went fine as I was closing on P3 when suddenly in Round 6 or so my steering angle was different than before, realized it in the hairpin before start. So I missed the turn and dropped to P8.
Well I adapted to it (now had to turn the wheel all around for turning the car in) and drove back to P3 for 85 points (it would have been P2 without the steering problem, P1 was like 20 seconds in front). In the end it was a fun race.

I recently got a DD Pro, so anyone who had a similar problem or the solution for that steering thing? I use the Automatic steering lock. Would be happy if someone could help me.

I think I might be done for this round. First race in GT2 league today I didn't bother to qualify, started 15/15 and finished 7th in a fairly clean race. Second race I did, I forgot to swap in the IMs, dove for the pit at the start of the race, since I didn't qualify in this one either, and discovered, much to my dismay, the game won't let you actually pit for anything until you've done at least 1 lap:(. Tiptoed around lap 1 on those slicks, pit for IMs and drove those for the rest of the race. My fast lap was an 04.xxx in that race and finished 12th. Queued up for the 2pm race, after I went to my garage and set the tires to IM, and did the same no qualify strat, excepting this time I intended to run the entire race on those IMs. It worked out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Started 15/16 and managed to squiggle my way to the top 10 by lap 4. Most of the front runners dove for RHs on L6 and I inherited 2nd behind a GTR. I caught the GTR by lap 10 and we traded 1st a couple times before I made it stick and started pulling away. Pretty sure I had this race in the bag, but let my nerves get the better of me on lap 12, when another 'Vette got past the GTR and was hauling me in. If I hadn't made the mistake at the esses under the bridge in L12 I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have caught me at the line. He caught me shortly after that and stayed right on my bumper until the drag to the line.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240720152622.png

It can be closer.

Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_.jpeg

Not by bloody much though.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240720143942.png

I'm fairly pleased, what's the word, "chuffed", with this result and, since PD, in their infinite wisdom, thinks we should only get to count our last race and not our best race for the day, think I'll call it good for this round. Got 2 fingernails now, instead of the one I had after last weekend, into DR-B. Bring on next weekend.

Last edited:
At the start of the day I hated this race. Now I love it 😂

Raced on my canadian alt with the old NSX. What a car. Crazy fast.

GT2, Mid B, 95points for the win, door #16 (high door means usually a great race for me 😅)

Quali went good. Got 2 laps in and qualified on P3. The first couple of players were called out here for sandbagging. Don't know about the other drivers but on my main I'm mid B too so... 🤷‍♂️

Quali.jpg

Race started bad for some because a Ferrari decided to use others for breaking. The Supra ahead of me and myself pretty quickly opened up a gap to P3. Had a great and clean fight over the whole race with them. The NSX is just a rocket on the straight.
Mostly I was quicker in the first 1 and a half sectors but the Supra was way better in the last corners.

P1 pitted after lap 5 and I took the lead. Pitted in Lap 6 but lost P1 into turn 1.

Finished the race in P2 for 92points. 2 points more then in Brazil.

Race.jpg

After.jpg

Last edited:
You guys were right for saying that switching to RHs is the best strategy. And that the 5th lap is the best for pitting, for the tradeoff between being fast vs being safe.

After over a year, I was happily paired with PHG_Papa.

I pleasantly surprised myself by putting the car on 5th in the wet qualifying. Surprised because I'm still mid-B fast in GT3, as pointed out by my lap times being the same as other mid-B folks here, including in this very event. It was kinda obvious that my #2 door helped as traffic is a big issue here. I had free air to myself during qualifying.

Lap 1 turn 1 was surprisingly clean, just small contacts among others. Just before lap 2, PHG_Papa was unfortunately denied the space and he crashed into the pit wall divider.
YIuSpzG.jpeg

I got my front bumper damaged attempting to overtake the same Porsche on the same straight. I need to remember that I am now in GT1 where damage is permanent, I can't just let myself bump the person in front hard if they heavily block me from overtaking on the straight.

That damage made me pit on 5th lap as I was losing 4km/h on the main straight. Most folks pit on 4th lap, and that gave me overcut advantage over a few folks as they likely struggled to stay within the dry line on the 5th lap.

I chilled pretty much throughout the race. The same Porsche would frequently catch up to my rear bumper in the last turn only to lose 1.5 seconds by T2 exit (Alfa Romeo's top speed advantage, braking advantage, and -5BB). The Porsche finally overtook me when I got stuck behind a non-stopper guy and I had to patiently wait for the main straight.
Yog4uQn.jpeg

Unfortunately for the Porsche, I overtook him back on the very same straight. :D

An easy peasy 2nd thanks to misfortune of PHG_Papa (maybe more folks as well) and the perfect pit strategy. The winner was half a minute away. I'm now at 40% DR-A, with my GT3 performance still still stuck at mid-B. I've been witnessing more and more that a lot of DR-A folks are not really faster than DR-B folks. They are just consistent and know how to avoid an incident. I've been observing that since I was DR-B.

Last edited:
I ran the first GT1 slot in the Americas (6PM EDT), driving the Citroen GT from door #16 in a low A/S lobby with 174 points up for grabs. I felt confident going in that I could have a good race here if I could just avoid any carnage. Reading all of horror stories from other GTPers, though, I was worried that wasn't going to happen.

Qualifying went fairly well. My first hot lap was the the fastest on the board for that lap. That isn't the one that matters, though. The second lap was feeling fast until I ran into traffic towards the end of the esses and had to ease off. I ended up with at 2:05.886, which was still good enough for a Q2 start. Nice!

gtws-mc-rd2-lap1-t1.jpg

The race got off to a good start. I had the inside line going into turn 1. By some miracle, I not only survived, but came out in front. I ran the esses as clean and smoothly as I could and built up a bit of a gap to the cars behind. I got through the hairpin fine, but that's more than I can say for the cars immediately behind me.

gtws-mc-rd2-running.jpg

By the time I got to the end of the lap, I had a 2.9s second lead. It grew over the next few laps.

I pitted on lap 4 for slicks, came out in P3, with a 5 seconds buffer ahead and behind. The two cars ahead of me pitted on the next lap, handing the lead back to me.

From there, I just focused on running my fastest laps. The lead grew even more.

Another miracle: I posted the race's fastest lap on lap 9, with a time of 2:01.227. Not bad for a tired old moose, if I do say so myself.

Ended up winning by a 21.3s margin, for 174 points.
gtws-mc-rd2-victory.jpg

I couldn't be happier with that result. It is a big boost to my point total and DR.

Wins are rare for me -- this marks my 14th in sports mode -- so this feels really special. Off to have a drink to celebrate...

I ran the first GT1 slot in the Americas (6PM EDT), driving the Citroen GT from door #16 in a low A/S lobby with 174 points up for grabs. I felt confident going in that I could have a good race here if I could just avoid any carnage. Reading all of horror stories from other GTPers, though, I was worried that wasn't going to happen.

Qualifying went fairly well. My first hot lap was the the fastest on the board for that lap. That isn't the one that matters, though. The second lap was feeling fast until I ran into traffic towards the end of the esses and had to ease off. I ended up with at 2:05.886, which was still good enough for a Q2 start. Nice!

View attachment 1374191

The race got off to a good start. I had the inside line going into turn 1. By some miracle, I not only survived, but came out in front. I ran the esses as clean and smoothly as I could and built up a bit of a gap to the cars behind. I got through the hairpin fine, but that's more than I can say for the cars immediately behind me.

View attachment 1374196

By the time I got to the end of the lap, I had a 2.9s second lead. It grew over the next few laps.

I pitted on lap 4 for slicks, came out in P3, with a 5 seconds buffer ahead and behind. The two cars ahead of me pitted on the next lap, handing the lead back to me.

From there, I just focused on running my fastest laps. The lead grew even more.

Another miracle: I posted the race's fastest lap on lap 9, with a time of 2:01.227. Not bad for a tired old moose, if I do say so myself.

Ended up winning by a 21.3s margin, for 174 points.
View attachment 1374199

I couldn't be happier with that result. It is a big boost to my point total and DR.

Wins are rare for me -- this marks my 14th in sports mode -- so this feels really special. Off to have a drink to celebrate...
I think I was in your race. Congratulations on the win.

I’ve been away from GT for a while but have been looking forward to some more GTWS and the next update, that being said I was very rusty tonight but I had a lot of fun.

Race 1 I ran a rough qually lap and didn’t get chance for a second. Qualified mid pack, endured the chaos, had some good racing and finished mid pack.

Race 2 waited and waited and waited, went for 1 flyer and qualified p2.
But then my eagerness got the better of me and I put it in the wall more times than I can remember and decided to quit in the end after picking up damage again following a second stop.

Poor results but a fun combo. Shame it wasn’t a longer race, and maybe a 2 stop, it might’ve helped calm things down a little.

I really enjoyed this round. I practiced earlier in the week and these type of conditions suit me to a tee.

Managed to get my time down to 2:01:160 which i was really happy with in the Porsche 911 RSR. I'm happy I went back to Porsche this season as the balance just fits my style so much more these days.

1000007626.jpg

DR:A & SR:S / GT1 - I only had time to enter one round today and that was the last slot of the day. As we were starting on IM's that reduced the need for a pit stop at all providing i could break free early into the race and control the pace up front.

Qualified P6 which i was satisfied enough with after encountering a block from someone at the end of my last hot lap which was a bummer. Felt super quick!

1000007589.jpg

First lap went well we all managed turn one unscathed bumper to bumper until the last corner where it all went a bit wild... Car in P5 punted P4 out and I slid up the inside and nabbed P4 slight touch of contact but free with no damage or penalties. I could concentrate to push on for P3.

Had some excellent pace and caught P3 & P2 over the next few laps. Unfortunately P1 was around 5 seconds up the road and free of any drama's whilst I continued to catch i managed to secure two switchback moves one for P3 on the last corner and one for P2 on the first corner.

Once in P2 it was a nice comfortable cruise to the end and increasing pace every lap. Some people pitted for hards however the Top 3 stayed out on IM's for the entire race without much threat from the pitters.

1000007587.jpg

1000007588.jpg

Wish I could have done the other two slots but banked a nice healthy 148 Points and looking forward to the next two rounds in this lovely machine. 🏁

Qualified with a 'meh' time and figured that's where I stack up in A+ anyways. These guys were seconds quicker than the GT2 B drivers - especially the Brazilians in P1 and P2.
190d2fa5dcd94-screenshotUrl.jpg

First lap went well with a pass in the first two corners. First lap saw a literal train of cars until the main straight where some doofus decided that bump drafting what a smart thing to do. I lifted to avoid but they ended up swerving into my line and having a sudden loss of speed leading me to rear end them. For the next 3 laps I was with front damage and down about 10 mph on the main straight (ugh). Lost my position to the driver who finished fourth (woulda coulda shoulda been mine).

I pitted end of lap 4 and risked it for the undercut - which worked out! Ended up coming out of the pits in 7th and found myself in 6th by lap 8. A driver ahead was slow from possible damage and I made a final lap pass to take my first top five in A+! 217 points on the board - my largest haul yet!

190d2fa476445-screenshotUrl.jpg

190d2fa376128-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Moose78 well done on your race and result! I'll see you in lobbies again soon I'm sure.

@Dragonwhisky congrats on your 2nd place - well earned! I still think your pace is quick enough for GT1!

Last edited:
Back