Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,202 comments
So lap 6 for GT1 class is when you want to be going onto dry tyres. Only thing to watch out for is the standing water. I crashed on T1 after pit exit.
tried lap 6 to pit, hit the wall at turn one and crashed the car going down the ramp when i started accelerating. hit the wall a few turns later. I will be doing the saver option and pit lap 7.

I'm thinking of staying out a little bit longer.
Firstly in GT2 it'll be chaos. People will try to either overtake you or push you out of the way. So I can imagine if everyone pits at once it's going to be a royal rumble out there on a semi wet track.
Secondly I do not trust myself to hit the dry line on this track constantly. So waiting until it's a little drier might benefit me despite the tyre disadvantage.

tried lap 6 to pit, hit the wall at turn one and crashed the car going down the ramp when i started accelerating. hit the wall a few turns later. I will be doing the saver option and pit lap 7.
I ran a couple a sessions in Free Practice yesterday to get used to the new moisture levels.

In the first, I made a stupid mistake on lap 4 (still on IMs) and ran into the wall, picking up damage. Since the moisture level was just slightly above the first tick mark, I decided to see if I could make the RHs work from from there. I had a similar experience to @MCL1974, sliding into the wall on T1 and picking up damage again. Gave up at that point and started over.

In the second, I had no incidents so I just stayed out until moisture gauge was below the first tick, which was at the end of lap 5. No issues for me driving on RHs from that point.

For me, it is going to be lap 5 at the latest. I'm going to give lap 4 another go, too, because I feel like I should at least be able to get around the track at that level. Not sure if it will be any faster than waiting another, though. We'll see.

As an aside, lap 4 on IMs is deceptive. This seems to be the point where the IMs are losing their grip because the track is too dry. I notice this especially in the first chicane since the part under the bridge is already completely dry. It is easy to take it too fast through there and end up in the wall.

Last edited:
Yeah Lap 7 definitely safer. Depends how much time you lose though pit lap 7 compared to lap 6.

Sounds like you did the same as me 😂 Corner exit the front just understeered into the wall

Yeah Lap 7 definitely safer. Depends how much time you lose though pit lap 7 compared to lap 6.

Sounds like you did the same as me 😂 Corner exit the front just understeered into the wall
Makes me wonder what the pit delta is and what the loss would be if you ran IM for 6 extra laps to the end...

@Moose78 get on that science grind!

Last edited:
I think it's about 15-16 seconds total. My super scientific data is when racing the AI, I was up by four seconds; the AI pits. When the AI car hit T1 I was up by ~19-20 seconds.
Hmm, without being restricted to a dry line I think RH would be best then. Those on IMs will be a few seconds a lap slower than the RH runners. Dry line should be much bigger by the time they're caught too. But, this is racing and anything can happen...

Last edited:
I practiced in a online lobby Wednesday, the road was wet on the first marker, If you can manage longer breaking distance and tight cornering with RH, driving with TC 2 was working fine, you tune it down as it dries up.

I don't know yet if I am going with this strategy, the safe responsible way is going IM first.

If it was real life racing event, with the concrete walls and my life at stake. IM for sure :)

I practiced in a online lobby Wednesday, the road was wet on the first marker
That's old now. See previous posts here. The track now starts wetter than this and RH is now impossible, even for aliens.

Hmm, without being restricted to a dry line I think RH would be best then. Those on IMs will be a few seconds a lap slower than the RH runners. Dry line should be much bigger by the time they're caught too. But, this is racing and anything can happen...
I am not convinced about RHs. Even if we take out the uncertainties of the race, let's assume that you're 3 sec faster on RH than IM (but are you?), you need 5/6 laps to make up 15/18 seconds. And you will only catch up folks like me who is running IMs till the end. Now you gotta overtake me with 0-1 laps left. Also, I am not gonna be as cautious as the RH runners.

Last edited:
. Also, I am not gonna be as cautious as the RH runners.
But maybe after 6 laps of wear and tear on your IMs you may be? They will be difficult to defend with on such a wide track too. Let's so how this plays out..
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Makes me wonder what the pit delta is and what the loss would be if you ran IM for 6 extra laps to the end...

@Moose78 get on that science grind!
Not exactly science, but I was in a lobby earlier against an A+ driver who tried this strategy. I qualified Q2, back by ~0.7s. They were obviously quicker than me on the track.

I pitted for slicks when the moisture gauge dropped below the first tick, on lap 4 or 5. They stayed out the entire race on their IMs.

They had about a 17s lead on me after I came out the pits. I chipped away at it, lap-by-lap. Finally, I caught them on lap 11 and easily got by to run out the final lap for the win.

I'd recommend you don't try this strategy. It is slower than a moose.

Edit: Okay, that might be stated a bit stronger than it deserves. The driver running the no-pit strategy still managed to finish P2, so it is definitely workable. Still, not the strategy I'd go with.

Last edited:
Tried the other 2 Nissans this morning and found I was quicker in the GT500, so I liveried it up and jumped into the 9am slot.
My first lap was P2 and I crossed the line with 2 seconds to spare for my 2nd run which I used to full advantage to grab pole!

First lap was as expected and I was swamped in the run to T1.

a0cd48f1710892b30949e1d9a922660a_photo.webp

However it was clean and I only lost 2 places as I understeered off in T2. And another car got me eventually. However the 2 directly ahead kept getting 0.5 second penalties and so I was able to get P2 back. One pitted on lap 2. We were pulling away and P1 was gone! During lap 4 I could see the track was drying very well and as the leader hadn't pit I decided to go in myself and try and undercut. I came out in some space in P12. I did get past some inter drivers across the next few laps but I was being held up at times. A few pit. Eventually I caught up to those refusing to pit in the closing laps. On the final lap I could see P3 ahead who was battling with P4. It all came to a head into the hairpin. P4 went around the outside of P3. I looked up the inside of them but they decided to defend against me. P6 had also rapidly caught up in the old NSX. I was in the middle of a sandwich going into the kink and then I spin. Looking at the replay the Porsche who had briefly got P3 just drove into the side of me across the kerb (and out of play) to pit me.
aac49d6af4668469fa7028ad9f06ef35_photo.webp

As both the Merc and NSX had a 0.5 penalty I would surely have had my podium if not for this Frenchman.
By the time I got it back round the right way I just about held off another car to the line for P7.
Not the best result in the end but I still gained points and DR. Just another case to put in the what could have been files.
I doubt I would have been able to keep the inters going like those ahead so pitting for me seemed the better strat, but who knows.

Just ran a practice GT2 race.

Door 1
QT 7
Finished 6th 84 point.

Things I noted.

Less carnage than you'd imagine

Pitted 4 in to 5 and this didn't feel dangerous but going another lap would be probably best.

Be careful in the tunnel I had someone try and barge me down the pits...

Will run another one and should be good to go for my GT1 account this afternoon

Especially if there's runners staying on intermediates who can defend, there are going to be lots of races today decided by people trying to overtake into the final corner, overshooting it, and getting embroiled in the flooded tarmac runoff there - that bit of runoff dries really slowly, so if you get that wrong on the RH things aren't going to end well.

Tried the other 2 Nissans this morning and found I was quicker in the GT500, so I liveried it up and jumped into the 9am slot.
My first lap was P2 and I crossed the line with 2 seconds to spare for my 2nd run which I used to full advantage to grab pole!

First lap was as expected and I was swamped in the run to T1.

a0cd48f1710892b30949e1d9a922660a_photo.webp

However it was clean and I only lost 2 places as I understeered off in T2. And another car got me eventually. However the 2 directly ahead kept getting 0.5 second penalties and so I was able to get P2 back. One pitted on lap 2. We were pulling away and P1 was gone! During lap 4 I could see the track was drying very well and as the leader hadn't pit I decided to go in myself and try and undercut. I came out in some space in P12. I did get past some inter drivers across the next few laps but I was being held up at times. A few pit. Eventually I caught up to those refusing to pit in the closing laps. On the final lap I could see P3 ahead who was battling with P4. It all came to a head into the hairpin. P4 went around the outside of P3. I looked up the inside of them but they decided to defend against me. P6 had also rapidly caught up in the old NSX. I was in the middle of a sandwich going into the kink and then I spin. Looking at the replay the Porsche who had briefly got P3 just drove into the side of me across the kerb (and out of play) to pit me.
aac49d6af4668469fa7028ad9f06ef35_photo.webp

As both the Merc and NSX had a 0.5 penalty I would surely have had my podium if not for this Frenchman.
By the time I got it back round the right way I just about held off another car to the line for P7.
Not the best result in the end but I still gained points and DR. Just another case to put in the what could have been files.
I doubt I would have been able to keep the inters going like those ahead so pitting for me seemed the better strat, but who knows.
How were the track barrier limits? Also sounds like you have a fairly clean race apart from that little issues in P4.

I’m still sceptical about racing today… also it’s very muggy were I am and not sure I want to be in a box room in the rig. I’ll see how a few other do

I’m still sceptical about racing today… also it’s very muggy were I am and not sure I want to be in a box room in the rig. I’ll see how a few other do
I said I was only going to do 2 practices and 1 main account. I'm going in for my 4th 🤣

The dynamic of the race is really really good if you avoid any accidents.

They are going to be tougher in GT1 though this afternoon because the pace is gonna be a lot higher I think. That said I am 2 points behind 1st place for Cambridgeshire I think and I want that first place! 🤣

You are right about it being seriously muggy my back is soaked and the fan is on full blast!

Edit: also check your oil peeps! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Another crappy raceday 😂

First race I was in P2 on lap 5 when I got a .5s penalty for meeting Barry so I thought let's pit. Spun 3 times in my out lap and quit.

Second race was only 85points for first but a frenchman was 3s faster then P2 so P2 would be the limit. Started on P4 and got to P2 after Turn 1 when 2 people in front hit Barry.

After that I had a fight with another german only he didn't want to fight, just push me into the wall to get by. In total he hit me 4 or 5 times and pushed me into the wall twice. Absolut clown that guy.

Lots of ramming and pushing behind me but was lucky enough to stay out of all that. Finished P3 for dissapointing 78points 💩💩

Thought about going again but the chances of getting hit and pushed again is not worth it for me.

GT2 low B - only one run
74c558fb68561ee07aa59f70b9ffc6b3_photo.webp

Qualified P6 , i could have done better time but ran into a small traffic eh
9608b108d8f95f05051a2bebf6606b29_photo.webp

Race started good as i managed get into P5 before first corner but as i was in P4 for 3 laps i managed to hit the wall and not to mention some hit my rear multiple times ... so i dropped to P6 , after lap 6 went to the pits got lucky mananged to get into P4 since some drivers started to crash and hit walls and then on the last lap P3 got 1second penalty thus getting the podium in P3
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240720123921.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240720123945.jpg

Pretty solid race while i got lucky in the end :D - have fun out there 👍

btw not looking forward to the Autopolis race xD

Last edited:
Really like this track, but man can it be rough sometimes..

Race 1, qualy P2, showed wide T1, get swarmed, finish P-whatever.
IMG_8189.jpeg

Race 2. Qualy P1, showed out of the way T1, get swarmed. Recoverydrive to p5, until moronic frenchy in a mazda ruins all. Rage quit.
IMG_8190.jpeg

Race 3. Now, seething with anger, qualy badly.
IMG_8191.jpeg

Get to P1 after dirty driving/mistakes by people at front. All is going well, until…

IMG_8193.jpeg

I need a drink..

Had a very eventful Race in GT2 league slots, B S Ranking, and for some reason the 11pm slot never happened due to he game doing a network timeout so great fudgesticks, then waited for the 12pm slot, ate somw breakky and then attacked it. Was the better option.

Qualified 11th and vattled up 6 positions, finished 5th after a hefty wet soft wet battle with the NSX & the 911 RSR.
Managed to fend them off to get a solid 5th postion and 72 points COME ON!

Enjoy pics folks!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240720104635.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720120025.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720121150.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720121020.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720121245.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720124720.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720124416.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720125036.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720125351.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720125449.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720123937.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240720124030.jpg

EDIT: FYI - I did the whole race on IM Tyres, one guy went on RH halfway thru but I dont think he did well. More Race!

Last edited:
Last GT race bought home 100pts not that it matters on that account.

There are 2 corners you really have to be careful on when you switch to RH the first right hander and essess under the road.

The first is a lap killer and the 2nd one mentioned if you get that wrong has wall penalties on.

Nothing other than throwing away a P3 in said corners to note other than I was hit so hard by a Bosnian guy at the hairpin. I was able to stamp on the brakes to the stop just after hit me to avoid the run off in to the wet area that Nank mentioned. 2s pen for him and aero damage all the way down the long straight.

It might be a placebo but even in GT2 the damage takes an age to clear compared to dailies?

GT1 - DNF

All A/S lobby where half hadn't practiced. Was p4 pitted with 5s of damage at lap 4 in to 5, along with a Spanish dude who jumped me while I repaired damage.

He Killed us both by not knowing to stay on the dry line on the slicks.

Fuming if I'm honest. Right off to the shops to get dinner now I have to wait another 1 1/2 hours.

Grrrr

Last edited:
Back