Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,922 comments
GT1 Slot 1,why o why did I try? Qualified P7 on RM and it seemed the pushy RS racers couldn't wait to pass. I recieved rear aero and suspension damage on lap four. I tried to nurse the car home from there.. The first 4 laps after being damaged went okay but once the tyres reached 50% wear it was game over. Even with TCS on the car would not stay planted around any corner. I spun out multiple times just trying to limp the thing home.

P14 and the worst experience I've had in GTWS so far.

Going for the last slot. Can only go up from there.

Primary account. I knew I didn't have the pace here to fight for people of my DR level, but this was proof! Q14 (ouch) where Q1 was a 43.8. Like, what? Just no. P1 worth 349 points.

Since I was starting so far back, as tempting as it was to try for an RS race I decided to stick to what I'd done and just go RMs.

L1, T1 we're all in line like a train. I bump the car in front and get bumped from the car behind. The car behind spins and I have front damage. Great. Car in front didn't even miss the apex or go wide or anything (so at least the person I bumped didn't get messed up, and after seeing the replay she didn't have damage so that's good), but was enough to give me damage. In that mini melee an NSX behind got a run and would eventually get by.

de64dc2b9ea5211a71e4268944d3c8c1_photo.webp

My only on-track fight for a pass (lap 3).

5a2e9a935b5fe3c876d34111578622c0_photo.webp

From here it was pretty straight forward: ~.500-.750 in front of the car behind and ~.500-.750 behind the car in front. That was basically all she wrote until late into lap nine when we began to catch up to some of the RS runners who had dead tires. Three easy passes; thankfully they were all clean about it.

09c2d863e1ec1001e3683ed813d0468e_photo.webp

f8362205e57be5190e99d3d02452d1f5_photo.webp

16261028b949e180928a17496a98d3d5_photo.webp

Finished P9 for a whopping 232 points and somehow gained DR. Q14 to P9 is good... I guess.

Honestly, I think the tire model is broken. It's so bs that some cars can run RS tires in this race and some can't. It's such a big difference it's much more than just driver. Like, the McLaren's/GT-R's RS looked marginally worse than my RMs at the end of the race. And, a handfull of people (AMG, RX-V, Porsche) didn't even make it before the LF was full red. Like, it's not even close and people running cars that aren't great on tires just can't be competitive. How are you supposed to keep up with another car in a sprint race where they have RS and you have RM, or your tires wear twice as fast as theirs? I dunno, the more of these I do the more lame it seems this is the case. Round four is going to be the same with RS and RMs available. I really think there is more work to do here from PD.

Last edited:
GT1 8pm slot.
Door #1.

I lacked practice with the new physics and tire wear.

Q14
A intense race bumper to bumper, got front damage, I don't even know where it happened...there was so much contacts.
Climbed up to 7, did not even look at the RS tire wear ,until I started under steering a bit more then usual, lost 2 positions on one corner going to wide.
P9
Not interested in trying again.

Last edited:

Honestly, I think the tire model is broken. It's so bs that some cars can run RS tires in this race and some can't. It's such a big difference it's much more than just driver. Like, the McLaren's RS looked marginally worse than my RMs at the end of the race. And, a handfull of people (AMG, RX-V, Porsche) didn't even make it before the LF was full red. Like, it's not even close and people running cars that aren't great on tires just can't be competitive. How are you supposed to keep up with another car in a sprint race where they have RS and you have RM, or your tires wear twice as fast as theirs? I dunno, the more of these I do the more lame it seems this is the case. Round four is going to be the same with RS and RMs available. I really think there is more work to do here from PD.
I wondered this throughout the day too. Glad I'm not the only one. The guy who won in my slot was using RS on the Huracan. They were 25% - 45% worn by the end of the race. Some of the RM runners were around the same.

Not sure if it's a me problem or a PD problem just yet..

Primary account. I knew I didn't have the pace here to fight for people of my DR level, but this was proof! Q14 (ouch) where Q1 was a 43.8. Like, what? Just no.

Since I was starting so far back, as tempting as it was to try for an RS race I decided to stick to what I'd done and just go RMs.

L1, T1 we're all in line like a train. I bump the car in front and get bumped from the car behind. The car behind spins and I have front damage. Great. Car in front didn't even miss the apex or go wide or anything (so at least the person I bumped didn't get messed up, and after seeing the replay she didn't have damage so that's good), but was enough to give me damage. In that mini melee an NSX behind got a run and would eventually get by.

de64dc2b9ea5211a71e4268944d3c8c1_photo.webp

My only on-track fight for a pass (lap 3).

5a2e9a935b5fe3c876d34111578622c0_photo.webp

From here it was pretty straight forward: ~.500-.750 in front of the car behind and ~.500-.750 behind the car in front. That was basically all she wrote until late into lap nine when we began to catch up to some of the RS runners who had dead tires. Three easy passes; thankfully they were all clean about it.

09c2d863e1ec1001e3683ed813d0468e_photo.webp

f8362205e57be5190e99d3d02452d1f5_photo.webp

16261028b949e180928a17496a98d3d5_photo.webp

Finished P9 for a whopping 232 points and somehow gained DR. Q14 to P9 is good... I guess.

Honestly, I think the tire model is broken. It's so bs that some cars can run RS tires in this race and some can't. It's such a big difference it's much more than just driver. Like, the McLaren's/GT-R's RS looked marginally worse than my RMs at the end of the race. And, a handfull of people (AMG, RX-V, Porsche) didn't even make it before the LF was full red. Like, it's not even close and people running cars that aren't great on tires just can't be competitive. How are you supposed to keep up with another car in a sprint race where they have RS and you have RM, or your tires wear twice as fast as theirs? I dunno, the more of these I do the more lame it seems this is the case. Round four is going to be the same with RS and RMs available. I really think there is more work to do here from PD.

I wondered this throughout the day too. Glad I'm not the only one. The guy who won in my slot was using RS on the Huracan. They were 25% - 45% worn by the end of the race. Some of the RM runners were around the same.

Not sure if it's a me problem or a PD problem just yet..
PD have re-broken the BoP. Whatever process they use for measuring and setting up BoP is irretrievably wrong so this will happen with every change to physics.

It’s honestly very dispiriting to see it become so poor over and over again.

GT1 Slot 3 - Boy'o'boy am I glad I ran again!

Qualified P4 -> Finished P4. RMs with a no-stop. Made a sleek move down the inside of T1 on the first lap and played defense until the end. A faster Vette got by me at some point and I couldn't keep up with a Lambo and Ferrari breathing down my neck. The Lambo tapped me wide on lap 2 at the top of the hill/hairpin and I swear I almost had an aneurysm until I saw I didn't have any damage... steady as she goes...

Lap 7 comes around the Ferrari is hot on my tail with RS tyres. Managed to hold him at 0.3 - 0.8 seconds behind until lap 9 where he dropped my slipstream. It seems that going RM worked enough to outlive his RS tyre charge.

243 points bagged and my highest point-scoring run in a GTWS event yet! Really happy with that turn-around.

Last edited:
Wow what a crazy day for me… I haven’t raced all three slots in a minute… Today might of been the best driving experience I’ve had with this game…

1st race was the worst race I have ever had in my life… When I tell you I used RS tires and they burned out on me lap 7… I was shocked and after doing my other slot races it was definitely my driving styles… You HAVE to look after the tires… I didn’t even finish the race guys my tires where gone like if the were flat I couldn’t even drive straight…

Second race I used Medium for the race… This was way better for my confidence the tires felt great and I had decent pace… I was in a race with @A_Higher_Place but the same guy who took him out took me out also… he was extremely dirty IMo… finished second to last…

3rd race I knew if I took care of my tires I could pace really good and keep up with the fast guys on mediums… after practice I figured out how to save my tires and run a decent pace… @A_Higher_Place was in my race again… and I owe him a beer! He towed me all the way to 5th place… all I had to do was take care of my tires.. which I did! That 5th place was the best race I’ve done.. to suck like I did first race and kill my tires… 3rd race bringing the Softs home was a true pleasure!

I am loving the new physics and tire physics.. before the race everyone would have just taken soft and they would just out perform the mediums… this was not the case @A_Higher_Place was on mediums and when I tell yall he was blazing fast lol! Very good day for me!!

I will post pics of my tires in the 1st race and 3rd in which I ran softs.

This is My first race
IMG_8451.jpeg

3rd Race
IMG_8452.jpeg

IMG_8450.jpeg

Last edited:
Was unable to race until the last two slots of GT2 tonight. First race I went with RMs and no qualy. Started you know where and finished 8th for 42pts on the board. I'd told myself before starting, anything 8th or better and I'd not do the last slot. I caved however, and ran it anyway. This time I went with RS and qualified. Started P2 and discovered perhaps I should've just attempted to qualify and run the mediums again. After lap 4 I was losing a second a lap and my left front was completely gone by the middle of lap 10, like, all the way red. I got swamped by a couple others coming out of the last 3 turns on the last lap and finish 8th again. Oddly, this race netted me 45pts so it'll go up on the board, for now, as the second best of my three.

GT1 Autopolis 3pm

Racing the VW Beetle. Sat for almost a minute in the pits to get a nice clear couple of laps. The second one was my faster ever! Disappointingly that only put me 11th. Looks not going to be that competitive today.

As qualified a long way back I started on Mediums. At the end of the first lap got into a tank slapper on the long right handler. This also lead to a hit up the back. So time lost, and carrying damage, down to last.

Just kept plugging away and rose to 10th as the soft runners faltered, but not good enough.

GT1 Autopolis 5pm

Not such a fast qualifying lap as before, but good enough 9th this time.

I was seriously considering softs, but went for mediums again. Just ahead on the grid was another Beetle. Briefly battled for position with him, but he kept the place and started to pull clear. A couple of fast runners come through dropping me to 11th.

Autopolis International Racing Course_.jpeg

Autopolis International Racing Course__1.jpeg

Half way up to 9th as a couple of soft runners pit. Two to three laps to go, another soft runner in trouble slowing down and easy pickings. Start of the last lap another soft runner bites the dust losing it at turn 1. So up to 7th at the flag.

Autopolis International Racing Course__2.jpeg

Not a dramatic race, pleased with the result, 7th was the best I could have done on the day.

Second GT1 slot (8PM EDT) in the Americas. I was in door #1 -- nowhere to go but down -- in a low-A/S lobby, driving the Citreon GT. There were 173 points up for grabs. I needed a P7 or better finish to improve my total.

Qualifying was uneventful. I posted a time of 1:46.834, which was not far off my best laps in FP since the update. That landed me Q11.

I threw on RMs and took to the track.

gtws-mc-rd3-t1.jpg

The race got off to a clean start. No troubles at T1. Those would come at T3-T5, where I found myself in this situation.

gtws-mc-rd3-3wide.jpg

The Porsche and I had gone into the complex side-by-side. The Audi squeezed in on the left, and there was some contact between the two of us that sent me drifting towards the Porsche. Try as I might, I couldn't avoid making contact with the Porsche. At the same time, the Audi driver tried to back out by slamming on the brakes. That caused the Peugeot behind to bump into the Audi, turning it into a cue ball, bouncing off me on its way off the track, sending me hard into the Porsche again, and the Porsche into the wall.

gtws-mc-rd3-inevitable.jpg

Miraculously, I somehow stayed on the track, but I'd picked up front left suspension damage. The Audi and Porsche both had much more damage. I didn't feel like any of that was my fault, so I kept on driving.

Annoyed, I soon found myself at the back of a pack with three other cars, two of which were also damaged. We picked up a few positions from other cars crashing and taking penalties. By lap 5, I was sitting in P9.

gtws-mc-rd3-t1-again.jpg

On lap 6 at turn 1, the McLaren ahead of me bumped into the AMG ahead of them, sending them back into me. I picked up front aero damage, and a 2-second penalty. Dropped a position to P10, too.

At that point, I just gave up.

I figured I owed the driver ahead an apology for rear-ending them. While I fumbled to find the auto-drive button on the controller, I didn't realize I was getting close to the next corner.

gtws-mc-rd3-spin.jpg

I went for spin into the sand.

I drove out the rest of the race annoyed and alone in P10, where I finished for 108 points. That's about where I expected to finish -- maybe even a little better -- so I didn't bother trying again.

I did not enjoy this race at all. I wasn't expecting to do well, of course. I knew my pace here was terrible. But the incidents and damage just spoiled it for me.

Not sure if I'll be able to run the round 4, so that might be it for me for this season.

Last edited:
Wow what a crazy day for me… I haven’t raced all three slots in a minute… Today might of been the best driving experience I’ve had with this game…

1st race was the worst race I have ever had in my life… When I tell you I used RS tires and they burned out on me lap 7… I was shocked and after doing my other slot races it was definitely my driving styles… You HAVE to look after the tires… I didn’t even finish the race guys my tires where gone like if the were flat I couldn’t even drive straight…

Second race I used Medium for the race… This was way better for my confidence the tires felt great and I had decent pace… I was in a race with @A_Higher_Place but the same guy who took him out took me out also… he was extremely dirty IMo… finished second to last…

3rd race I knew if I took care of my tires I could pace really good and keep up with the fast guys on mediums… after practice I figured out how to save my tires and run a decent pace… @A_Higher_Place was in my race again… and I owe him a beer! He towed me all the way to 5th place… all I had to do was take care of my tires.. which I did! That 5th place was the best race I’ve done.. to suck like I did first race and kill my tires… 3rd race bringing the Softs home was a true pleasure!

I am loving the new physics and tire physics.. before the race everyone would have just taken soft and they would just out perform the mediums… this was not the case @A_Higher_Place was on mediums and when I tell yall he was blazing fast lol! Very good day for me!!

I will post pics of my tires in the 1st race and 3rd in which I ran softs.

This is My first race

View attachment 1376221
Great racing with you! You had me sweatin' for a few laps there. Look forward to sharing the track again soon 👍🏻

GT1 slot 2 high A/S lobby. Door 10. 225 points available.
I quali p10 with 46.179 , about 3 tenths off my best FP time and same as I could muster pre race practice
IMG_2935.jpeg

I swap to med for the race. Survive turn 1. But lose a place turn 4. Trying to keep it clean. A few have contact and spin on lap 1 and I gain some places. End up in 8 after lap 1. My goal is p7. Another person runs off and an RS driver get pass near the end and I end up in p6. Overall points improvement and DR add.

IMG_2933.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if I'll be able to run the round 4, so that might be it for me for this season.
Might be a good one to miss. Some very preliminary testing and the Citroen is WAY off pace. Again. Thing is, it feels good around the track. It's not a handful, it's not sliding around, it just has a good feel... until I cross the line. I did the most laps in it and am a second+ off the other two cars. I don't know what they did to this car but it's a POS now.

1722184547726.png

The Porsche feels horrid. It wants to slide all over the place. The lap time was okay, but it was a fight. Especially the last chicane. Another car that sure seems to be hurt by 1.49.

The Renault on the other hand was very pleasant to drive. It sticks well, handles well, and the lap times are good. I put the least about of laps in with it (4ish) but put in the best time. Wish I'd have picked them on my primary account lol.

Might be a good one to miss. Some very preliminary testing and the Citroen is WAY off pace. Again. Thing is, it feels good around the track. It's not a handful, it's not sliding around, it just has a good feel... until I cross the line. I did the most laps in it and am a second+ off the other two cars. I don't know what they did to this car but it's a POS now.

View attachment 1376383

The Porsche feels horrid. It wants to slide all over the place. The lap time was okay, but it was a fight. Especially the last chicane. Another car that sure seems to be hurt by 1.49.

The Renault on the other hand was very pleasant to drive. It sticks well, handles well, and the lap times are good. I put the least about of laps in with it (4ish) but put in the best time. Wish I'd have picked them on my primary account lol.
What's your tyre verdict?

I only did some TTing so no tire wear.

@Moose78 ?
I did get some tests in today. Driving the Citreon GT.

Let me just say off the top that I am really struggling with these new physics, especially on RS tires. Even when they are fresh, I can't control the car with any consistency. Every corner is a guessing game for me. I never know for sure what the car is going to do. I'm amazed you were able to get a 1:55.7 out of the car. I was feeling pretty good when I booked my 1:57.9 -- at least until I looked at the global ranking boards. What can I say? I suck.

Did some basic tests -- just running the car as long as I could on each tire compound to get an idea of how the wear affects lap times. The RSs was a challenge, to say the least, but I did manage to eek out 14 laps on them. Lap times are all over the place because I was struggling to get the car to go where I wanted it. The first tire made it to lap 14, though.

I'm including the pre-update test results from when I was selecting a manufacturer, mostly just to remind myself that I didn't always suck this much.

It looked to me like the balance is going to be somewhere around 8RM-7RS, so I ran that test too. Notice that my best lap in that race was on the RM tires.

Anyways, enough preamble. Here are the numbers (from this spreadsheet):
StrategyOpt timeBest timeAvg time Avg devTotal time
14RS-1RM (pre-update)1:55.0331:57.1851:59.6630:02.55929:54.943
14RS-1RM1:55.8171:58.9092:04.3660:05.42731:05.494
14RM-1RS1:56.6851:59.5312:02.0120:02.59830:30.186
8RM-7RS1:55.6401:59.0822:00.7450:02.42430:11.169

pubchart

Tire tread levels at pit:
StrategyFront leftFront rightRear leftRear right
14RS-1RM (pre-update)50%55%30%35%
14RS-1RM20%25%0%5%
14RM-1RS55%60%50%55%
8RM-7RS70%75%70%70%

Tire tread levels at finish:
StrategyFront leftFront rightRear leftRear right
14RS-1RM (pre-update)100%100%100%100%
14RS-1RM95%95%95%95%
14RM-1RS95%95%95%95%
8RM-7RS60%65%50%55%

All tests conducted in custom races against one other car using the race multipliers. Weather set to S04 at sunset. Brake balance 0. Traction control 1.

I did a quick custom race in the Porsche to get an idea. Good news is the car drove much better in the custom race than it did in the TT. Not sure why (fuel load helping balance?) but since the TT is the 'official' race criteria, I am still leery. I got my custom race setup here.

I ran BB at +3 and after half the race, the tires were basically half worn all around, and all evenly so. That was crazy. I did find that running RS first, that the lap times really started to fall off after eight laps. So my one test, I am thinking RS eight then RM to the end.

That being said, I want to try a race starting on RMs and see if I can eek out one more lap on the RSs due to the less weight. I honestly don't see myself starting high on the grid anyway, so it'll likely be an RM start.

Let me just say off the top that I am really struggling with these new physics, especially on RS tires. Even when they are fresh, I can't control the car with any consistency.
Fortunately, I've been able to adjust to the new physics okay. I still don't think I am at the level I was before, but I am getting to the point where I have some confidence in the car. What I have no confidence in is the tires and how to not kill them in a car that's not good on tires (using the previous race as my only example). I really don't know why PD decided to drop this new BoP and physics update right in the middle of the WS races.

Last edited:
My practise for the Autopolis race didn't went well at all. I couldn't match my pre update speed and i spun in places i never had any problem before. So my optimism for the race was almost non existent.

GT2, 94 pts
My qualy was a safe but slow P9.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240727130833.jpg

The race:
Porsche 911 RSR, Tires: RS

As always i don't know when to break for turn 1 after the start. This time i was a bit late, went wide and lost one position.
Autopolis International Racing Course__1.jpeg

I've never seen so many cars on the gras in one single race! I can't tell if this was due to Autopolis or the new physics. But i guess the latter.
One guy almost killed me as he reentered the tarmac.
Autopolis International Racing Course__2.jpeg

All that rally-cross driving put me from P10 to P6. I struggeled a bit to keep up with the guys in front of me. But that wasn't so bad, because behind me there was a gap that grew from 2 to more than 5 sec.
The fight oft he 3 guys in front of me helped with closing my gap to them.
Lap 6, the double right hander had a nice surprise (for me) to offer, the 911 from P2 and the Lambo from P4 independently took a break from racing and i found myself in P4!
Autopolis International Racing Course__3.jpeg

Now i was hoping for another mistake, this time from the other Martini livery 911 and the Aston in front of me. But they refused to do so.
From lap 8 my soft tires started to loose more and more grip. I gave up on trying to hunt them and started the mision to bring P4 home.
I could see the gap to P5 shrinking pretty quick. One or 2 laps later and i wouldn't have made it, but luckily after lap 10 i saw the b/w flag!
Autopolis International Racing Course_.jpeg

After all a surprising P4 finish that added 82 pts on my list.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240727133111.jpg

I did a couple of Manu practices in the Porsche, I quite liked the feeling and had decent speed. Second session was easier, still a learning curve for new physics.

The main difference in practice seems to be tyre temps, at Autopolis they shot up to 90 and things got slippy after 3-4 hot laps on RS, this time they stay lower (I'm using the free iPhone app Race Dash).

The Porsche slides a bit but feels good and stable to slide on-throttle (using BB 0 and ABS weak). My son chose Citroen so might do a session and compare...

I really don't know why PD decided to drop this new BoP and physics update right in the middle of the WS races.
Yeah. If they were set on releasing a huge BoP-affecting physics change in the July update, it would have made more sense to do a Nations season now, instead of Manu. If all the races were one-makes, at least everybody would be on a level playing field adjusting to the changes.

I can only imagine how the Manu Cup finalists feel about this. I would have to think the BoP changes have affected some teams substantially.

Live events use a custom BOP, so it's not relevant.
That's fascinating. So all the drivers qualify under the same BoP settings that the rest of us plebs do, but when they get to the finals their cars get buffed or nerfed further by PD? How does PD ensure that is done fairly? Does PD document that process at all? Or the BoP adjustments that are made to the cars? Do the cars get rebalanced for each race or are the same ones used across all the live events? I've got so many questions about this.

I did a quick custom race in the Porsche to get an idea. Good news is the car drove much better in the custom race than it did in the TT. Not sure why (fuel load helping balance?) but since the TT is the 'official' race criteria, I am still leery. I got my custom race setup here.

I ran BB at +3 and after half the race, the tires were basically half worn all around, and all evenly so. That was crazy. I did find that running RS first, that the lap times really started to fall off after eight laps. So my one test, I am thinking RS eight then RM to the end.

That being said, I want to try a race starting on RMs and see if I can eek out one more lap on the RSs due to the less weight. I honestly don't see myself starting high on the grid anyway, so it'll likely be an RM start.

Fortunately, I've been able to adjust to the new physics okay. I still don't think I am at the level I was before, but I am getting to the point where I have some confidence in the car. What I have no confidence in is the tires and how to not kill them in a car that's not good on tires (using the previous race as my only example). I really don't know why PD decided to drop this new BoP and physics update right in the middle of the WS races.

Although the cars seem to be more lively with these new physics, that doesn’t really bother us Ferrari drivers. Our car has always moved around a lot 😂

Might try to get a race in for this last round. 15 laps at NBGP sounds fun

Last edited:
Although the cars seem to be more lively with these new physics, that doesn’t really seem to bother us Ferrari drivers. Our car has always moved around a lot 😂

Might try to get a race in for this last round. 15 laps at NBGP sounds fun
I agree!! I just had to get used to driving a lot more smoother and really being conscious about treating the tires with care.. I am actually faster with this update!

That ManuCup race was the 1st time ever since GT7 been out, in which it was a sprint race and the whole field had different tires It was beautiful!

Last edited:
Do the cars get rebalanced for each race or are the same ones used across all the live events?
It's a custom BOP for each individual live event.
How does PD ensure that is done fairly?
I think the aim is to make sure that it is fair. Or at least close. The one-size fits all approach for Sport Mode would result in the usual dominance we see online, which really sucks for a live event.
Does PD document that process at all? Or the BoP adjustments that are made to the cars?
Hahahahaha, no. Except in the driver briefing documents which... I occasionally get my hands on. I've got the Monaco 2022 and Barcelona 2023 BOPs somewhere.

Back