Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
Have you guys seen this mod yet?
Seems R* was holding back on the graphics. Lots of changes made to the game with this mod. Changes how NPC act, including gangs and police. Also changes some physics, making cars behave a little more realistically, looks like you can actually drift cars using the mod! and lots of other things. I am copying my game and going to give it a try today.
More info can be found a www.thepinnacleofv.com

Amazing. Sims jaw dropping.

But I must know one thing, anybody know the name of that song?

Amazing. Sims jaw dropping.

But I must know one thing, anybody know the name of that song?
The song is made by the person that made that video according to the description:
"Gameplay, video, mod, and music, are all original, made by yours truly, Josh Romito.

Oh dear. Nevermind all of the racing sims on PC; it's the modding opportunities of GTAV that is the most tempting part for me. Not that I'll waver from the current iMac plan, but an open world with licensed vehicles is a seriously strong draw.

Some of these look fantastic!

Speaking of racing sims...

7f9b1d-2015-12-01_00005.jpg

This Thread makes me want to get rid of my PS4 & my horrible Laptop and just buy & build a Gaming PC...
One of the reasons why i love GTA on PC is the mods...

Good Thing that Steam didn't block GTA V and San Andreas in my region, compared to some other games...

Oh dear. Nevermind all of the racing sims on PC; it's the modding opportunities of GTAV that is the most tempting part for me. Not that I'll waver from the current iMac plan, but an open world with licensed vehicles is a seriously strong draw.

Some of these look fantastic!
Indeed. I'm almost tempted to buy it for the PC & play through the game a 3rd time. However, seems like a few of these mods may demand a lot more out of my PC than it can give. So, I'm happy for the time being looking at all the screenshots here. :)

Do you hate having to go online to find others to play with?
Tired of griefers?
And the lack of a crazy, chaotic sandbox that you want that supposedly gets you ban hammered online?

Here's a mod that lets you run your own server that's independent from GTA Online!

0202f5-coop.PNG

I've about given up trying to get GTA IV to work without crashing through that stupid memory leak, so I think I'm going to move to V now once it goes on sale for the Steam one. Already saw that there is a mod for GTA IV handling in V, so I should be good tweaking from there.

Last edited:
I've about given up trying to get GTA IV to work without crashing through that stupid memory leak, so I think I'm going to move to V now once it goes on sale for the Steam one. Already saw that there is a mod for GTA IV handling in V, so I should be good tweaking from there.
V has a memory leak too. There is a solution for it though.

Could you give me the link to that mod, if you don't mind.

What is this memory leak y'all are talking about?
The amount of memory the game takes to run just keeps climbing until it locks up and/or shuts down the game. I think it has something to do with the launcher continuing to run while you are playing when it shouldn't be. Creating a .bat file will fix the problem and help the game run smoother by setting the launcher to low priority after the game has booted up.

What is this memory leak y'all are talking about?
In regards to GTA IV, what essentially happens is that the game runs fantastic (at least as fantastic as a GTA IV on PC can be considered to run even on a computer dramatically more powerful than anything out when the game released) for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, and then it starts slowing down and ultimately just stops loading things (especially textures) at all before crashing. Certain things made it far more likely to crash than others (getting taxi rides or subway rides in particular), but it never works. The only GTA IV game I've ever been able to get to work flawlessly is Lost and Damned (BoGT has it's own problems that I could never figure out), which I hate; so I just am limping GTA IV along until I can get V on sale.

Could you give me the link to that mod, if you don't mind.
This is the one I found:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/gta-iv-style-handling-mod-for-gta-v

No idea how well it works, but it will be the first thing I do when I get V. Then I'll almost certainly tweak it further from there.

In regards to GTA IV, what essentially happens is that the game runs fantastic (at least as fantastic as a GTA IV on PC can be considered to run even on a computer dramatically more powerful than anything out when the game released) for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, and then it starts slowing down and ultimately just stops loading things (especially textures) at all before crashing. Certain things made it far more likely to crash than others (getting taxi rides or subway rides in particular), but it never works. The only GTA IV game I've ever been able to get to work flawlessly is Lost and Damned (BoGT has it's own problems that I could never figure out), which I hate; so I just am limping GTA IV along until I can get V on sale.

This is the one I found:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/gta-iv-style-handling-mod-for-gta-v

No idea how well it works, but it will be the first thing I do when I get V. Then I'll almost certainly tweak it further from there.

Thank you. I myself have Gta IV and it was a pain to get it to work properly, 2 reinstalls and a ton of command lines to even run it but after that I was able to play it for hours and only lags when in high traffic groups. To definitely have a working Gta IV I had to downgrade it to update 1.0.4.0 as this patch doesn't require an amazingly fast computer to run the game. When in patch 1.0.7.0 I get all of the common errors and therefore becomes unplayable. (Run the game on an Intel HD Graphics card laptop with 3.0Ghz so it's not the best in the world)

Since we're on the subject of GTA IV, could someone tell me if you are able to repaint the Super Drop Diamond in TBoGT with a trainer?

Back