Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
Rockstar are just embarrassed that a few guys can make a much better version of GTA Online than they can.

Well, so far, Take 2 has been the one sending out C&D's to the mod makers. This is still a pathetic move for T2.

Well, so far, Take 2 has been the one sending out C&D's to the mod makers. This is still a pathetic move for T2.
It's a little more pathetic that Modders feel so hard done to when the company did actually tell them it wouldn't support their mods.

That's a lot like feeding the lions at the zoo and trying argue that the zoo itself is to blame for you losing a limb.

Do you hate having to go online to find others to play with?
Tired of griefers?
And the lack of a crazy, chaotic sandbox that you want that supposedly gets you ban hammered online?

Here's a mod that lets you run your own server that's independent from GTA Online!

0202f5-coop.PNG

Here's a demo of said mod in action (WARNING: THERE'S A STRIP CLUB SCENE WITH HOGS)

I say we try this :D

It's a little more pathetic that Modders feel so hard done to when the company did actually tell them it wouldn't support their mods.

That's a lot like feeding the lions at the zoo and trying argue that the zoo itself is to blame for you losing a limb.

The company doesn't need to support them, but they shouldn't be threatening people with legal action for providing players with a better experience than the base game.

The company doesn't need to support them, but they shouldn't be threatening people with legal action for providing players with a better experience than the base game.
I'm not saying they should, I'm saying people should not expect them to be happy about mod makers messing with their games when they've said they do not want that to happen at all.

I'm not saying they should, I'm saying people should not expect them to be happy about mod makers messing with their games when they've said they do not want that to happen at all.

Mods extend the life of games, and can help with sales once the interest in the base game is lost. Just look at ArmA II and how the DayZ mod got people to notice it. I'm sure that most of us here would have never known about A2 if it weren't for DayZ.

Mods extend the life of games, and can help with sales once the interest in the base game is lost. Just look at ArmA II and how the DayZ mod got people to notice it. I'm sure that most of us here would have never known about A2 if it weren't for DayZ.
I know all that, but that doesn't in any way mean T2 are pathetic for telling people that mods won't happen for GTA V and then actually following through with that statement.

I have no sympathy for the creators of GTA MP when they pull a stunt like this

Yesterday, 2 developers of the remaining FiveM mod, who decided to continue it’s development and do not follow Take2’s request to shut their project down, got visited by private investigators again. This time, they had a C&D (cease & desist) letter and one of two developers signed it.

They went against Take2's request to shut down servers, so what did they think would happen? Take2 had already told them to stop, they refused, Take2 actually had every right to get a C&D order after that had happened. My opinion would be different if they went straight for the cease and desist order, but the Modders knew what they were doing was never going to end well.

????

If anything this is more of a reason for them to. No one's playing the product they spent years developing!

I can understand people wanting tk mod the game, but it's not like it's under creative commons. It's someone elses product. If they want people to play their game without mods, then it's completely fine for them to say so.

I'm not at all against mods, I love some of the things that have come out, but there's a limit to what can and can't be done with them.

I can understand people wanting tk mod the game, but it's not like it's under creative commons. It's someone elses product. If they want people to play their game without mods, then it's completely fine for them to say so.

Hence why people spend plenty of time developing solutions that don't require us to use their multiplayer if we want to mod the game while we play with friends.

SVX
I wonder when modders are going to evolve from lazily 'converting' models from other games.

There's been some awesome mods out there, like a first generation Mustang with a massive amount of customization, but I don't know if it's from another game. Somebody posted it here not long ago.

Back