GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,541 comments
I’d rather be playing GT7 ………well maybe not. Did the infamous Million dollar highway yesterday, a little intense.

Attachments

• 01E5A5E2-EECC-49FE-94A0-089F1280DCF5.jpeg
    01E5A5E2-EECC-49FE-94A0-089F1280DCF5.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 12
So I have an idea for a race. Road/Tuned Car vs Race Car. Here's the rules:

Race car must have a real street car cousin

No VGT cars

No added or larger TB or SC on race cars outside of the "OE" parts. Anti Lag is ok.

Engine Swaps, including bore/stroke are okay

No nitrous

No turning the power down on the engine.
(I.E. no crazy hp car that is just dogging it's way around. Run it flat out!)

Tuning is open within the "No turning it down" rule. (You can actually see what that BOP car can do.)

Race Medum tires

720 pp

I will be in a 701pp* car myself but 720pp gives room for a Gr4 on Race Medums. A fair comparison realistically. This also gives you a chance to see how your 700pp Grinding car stacks up in a real field. Assuming you don't have some crazy hp car turned way down to make life easier for you. 😆

Thoughts, like track? The spec races my car would be running on are real US race tracks as a starting point. I'm not dead set on that however.

Maybe run it Wednesday July 5th, you can call it my birthday present 🎁 😉

*Spec Race built one make car that doesn't quite fit into the 700pp Le Mans Race that I would like to see how it actually stacks up to the Gr4 and other prepped cars with real people. No, I don't expect to win, just a fun test.

Last edited:
Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Laguna
Laps: 6
Car: Radical - BoP - No Tune
Tires: SS

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

Saturday Geezer Races

Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)

1st Race
Laguna
Car: Radical - BoP - No Tune
Tires: SS

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.
'Morning ☕️
188ed2bcf6160-ea5ff4aa228faae1c053b31abd3ddecd6e9bfedc-773_message_432027123092652_1687605949580.jpg

Last edited:
Honest question, why is there so much animosity towards engine swapped cars here? The stupid HP ones I get however, a Cappuccino against the bigger cars for example could be fun.
Or right now I 2JZ swapped a Yaris and put dirt tires on it. A 550pp dirt race with road cars not GR.B or trucks could be fun too.

Just saying 😌

So now that I have the open wheel car, can there be more races with it so I can use it? Also, will tuning be allowed?

Again, I just don't like cars like that. I not mad at anyone about it being ran. Or having to sell a hard car to get to buy it. I should have it anyway to do that Menu book. Lack of sleep does things to a person. Sorry for taking it out on you guys.😮‍💨

Helloooo Geezers, here’s the line up of races for Wednesday Night Geezer Racing

RACE1) @ GOODWOOD MOTOR CIRCUIT
8 LAPS
1960-1969 ROAD CARS 550PP
any sport tire
No Engine Swap Cars

RACE 2) @ WATKINS GLEN LONG COURSE
6 LAPS
1970-1979 ROAD CARS 600PP
any sport tire
No Engine Swap Cars

RACE 3) @ SARDEGNA ROAD TRACK A
6 LAPS
1980 AND UP ROAD CARS 700PP
RH tires
No Engine Swap cars

ALL 3 RACES TIRE WEAR X 5 FUEL X 5

IF POSSIBLE HAVE THE CORRECT YEAR CAR FOR EACH RACE. IF NOT YOU CAN STILL RACE

STANDARD GEEZER RULES AND SETTINGS APPLY

GEEZER LOBBIES REQUIRE A HEADSET

LOBBY / CHAT OPEN @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM

Send friend request to viper9-al_

SEE EVERYONE WEDNESDAY NIGHT 🤡

Last edited:
Remember that time there was Porsche 959 racing in a Wednesday night GR.B race?
20230626_210712.jpg

I finally got around to cleaning up my replay stock. So it is shared with the world now.

Okay, I got Mono. Umm, I mean I bought the Mono. 😅 Also, the little Toyota racing concept and the KTM. That should cover me for most of the track day cars I've seen ran.

I also did the engine swap to a Toyota Crown. Just added tires to make it a very fun but lively car to drive. I suggest others try it as there's no real turning needed.

I have a surprise car for the first race tomorrow night. Hint, it's open wheel. Just hope I can make it.

Crown swapped was fun for a few laps. It’ll be trashed soon and replaced with a regular one.

BAC Mono is a touchy car. I like it. KTM too. Honda 2x4, too.

70961450377__ADD1D594-D58E-42FA-AE8F-F2C5BC7B753E.jpeg

Last edited:
If you have any of those weird transmission tunes on your cars, I believe this is going to kill it
Screenshot_20230629_152439_Gallery.jpg

I have wonderings about why there are two transmission settings. I wonder if one locks the individual gears but let's the final be adjusted and vis versa.
There is/was a transmission glitch that has been exploded for decades now. This has to be PDs way of killing it. Even if I lose the ability to make a wheel standing car, I I'm in favor of this. I just hope I can still put real transmission gearing in my cars.
Also, with any luck, it will mean being able to do BOP race with GR.X cars while being able to adjust for the track.

Silly to tune stuff when every update changes everything.

And the Valkyrie TT proves there’s zero need to buy the crappiest car in the game. Saved me 4 million. Serious piece of crap.

Aaaand, internet guy is here. So, from bottom to top, or pole to modem, all trash. My 100g plan is actually a 300g plan. PS4 limits. Router limits. He actually clocked my router at 4. Four. Nah no way. Goes to the LAN, 309 or something. PS4 says 35, which I’ve heard is the limit?
100 down and 30 up

Saturday Geezer Races

1st Race
Gran Valley
Car: Gr.4 - BoP - No Tune
Tires: RH

See ya there!

Back