GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
I run my ffb on my dfgt at 9, so I can get smoother steering, and so when I drift, the wheel spins strongly enough that I can just let it spin on transitions, rather than spinning the wheel like a busdriver. The pedals on dfgt are also pretty terrible though, I wouldn't know the difference compared to a t500rs, but compared to a real car, its really bad. Does the t500rs use a 2 or 3 pedal setup?

Its a 3 pedal setup like a G25/G27, all 3 pedals are the same (hardware wise) so that they can be inverted. However a T500rs doesn't come with a shifter, it is an extra module that you have to buy in addition. Because of this I'm guessing the finals will just be using the paddles without the clutch.

Kind of glad I bought a G27 instead of a DFGT then. It's probably a little closer in feel at least. I guess on the fun side this kind of throws advantages out the window though, maybe the aggressive drivers will get punished with this wheel.

Kind of glad I bought a G27 instead of a DFGT then. It's probably a little closer in feel at least. I guess on the fun side this kind of throws advantages out the window though, maybe the aggressive drivers will get punished with this wheel.

The weak wristed certainly will. :sly:

The Force strength on the T500 reminded me of my old Act Labs Force RS which routinely tried to break my wrists in Viper Racing and GP Legends.

i think i'm showing my age again :guilty:

I will second this, I've had mine T500rs for over a year and Ive simply stopped using it any time I need to run fast because I just can't match my G25 times. And as you say, catching oversteer is very different, and much more difficult in my experience. This is because it gives big resistance to any counter steering, even when FF is set low.

It is nice that it has very little deadzone in the steering though. However the pedals have very large dead zones. This is due to the poor design in pedals not having a spring on the pot, so they had to program in deadzone to deal with the gear lash between the pot and pedal. the Logitech pedals (DFGT/G25/G27) generally have no dead zone at all.

Would be cool if they at least let you set the FF because it is very strong even at 5, much higher than a DFGT or G25/G27 at 5.

this was my first academy and i finished 53 in uk :grumpy: etc I used the t500rs i feel i wasted the first 8 days playing round with setting i found the fastest way to go was ps on ff down to 1 was getting faster every session with these setting ie set my time with 15 mins to go

5 is heavy i started @ 10 my left hand is ripped as if i ve been in a real high powered shifter kart

about the pedals yes i agree when i race on the pc i used the t500rs with pedals from Brdsim think its brdsim/.com (google away)
love to test all pedals wheel back to back find the fastest @ this level tiny things count.
$$$$$$$$$$ buy speed even in your bed room 💡💡💡

one more point If the ff is high its not just arm strength but wrist pain and fingers that take the pain so good luck guys hope this helps good luck

JerseyDriverSS
Can anyone help me out with cars. I'm level 0 with only the money you start out with.

Hey there JerseyDriverSS, send me a friend request and I can help you out. PSN: gatordaryl

I assume you need a 370z and a GT-R for practicing.

z06fun
I will second this, I've had mine T500rs for over a year and Ive simply stopped using it any time I need to run fast because I just can't match my G25 times. And as you say, catching oversteer is very different, and much more difficult in my experience. This is because it gives big resistance to any counter steering, even when FF is set low.

It is nice that it has very little deadzone in the steering though. However the pedals have very large dead zones. This is due to the poor design in pedals not having a spring on the pot, so they had to program in deadzone to deal with the gear lash between the pot and pedal. the Logitech pedals (DFGT/G25/G27) generally have no dead zone at all.

Would be cool if they at least let you set the FF because it is very strong even at 5, much higher than a DFGT or G25/G27 at 5.

You should look into the wheel in my signature.

Hmm, very interesting, thanks for posting, but I needed to ask: did you try it with power steering on? I'd imagine that may make catching oversteer easier 'cause the power steering in GT5 lightens the FFB when the car's under a lot of strain. Just curious, doesn't apply much to the nationals since we can't change settings.

Last edited:
I put the global top 3 guys synced in one video like I do with every WRS Week.
Gives a good opportunity to compare their lines, shiftpoints, etc. Drivingstyle basically.

Cool that's what I'm doing right now.
GO buy a spec V GTR and mod it to 650 PP and do the 1 lap ring seasonal event (Aspec challenge #4 I think). You can make 1 million dollars (say it like dr evil) in 6 minutes when you have the full login bonus. You can up the login bonus every hour by changing the time zone on your PS3, it updates at midnight PS3 time (rather than network time).

On a side note, if anyone is some what near me in the Northeast and looking to buy a T500rs, I could probably be convinced to sell mine since it never gets used. I really wouldn't want to ship it though as it would be at least $50 UPS. Very heavy!

If I didn't register for GT Academy but rather just downloaded it and played will I still receive the cars in GT5? I really hope so because didn't register since I had no chance at making top 32 and am not of legal age.

So im noticing that we have a few people from the Northwest in the top 32!
maybe Ill see some of you this weekend at P.I.R. for some autocross?

I'd go to PIR just to meet other GTPrs, whether or not they were in the top 32.

No 4 on Rons' list of reason to play GT5: To meet like minded people.

I'd go to PIR just to meet other GTPrs, whether or not they were in the top 32.

No 4 on Rons' list of reason to play GT5: To meet like minded people.

You bet buddy:) couldnt have said it better myself. are there any GT players going this weekend?

Just got my email :)

EDIT: They want the affidavit returned by Tuesday, June 2nd.... Someone must have a faulty calendar over there.

Last edited:
Like Eddie(Wardez) posted before

MP3sh.gif

Yes, got my E-mail at 8 am Pacific, such a nice thing to wake up to :D

Congrats again guys! I'm getting mine notarized and sent tonight!

Back