GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
Just got my email :)

EDIT: They want the affidavit returned by Tuesday, June 2nd.... Someone must have a faulty calendar over there.

I'm guessing someone was supposed to send them out Tuesday, but who knows. It's e-mailed and mailed, and now I wait for the reply... must chug more Pepto :lol:

Looking more and more like I won't be able to make the finals. Camp sites are booked up, what's left of the hotel rooms are borderline robbery. I think the only way at this point I'll be able to make it is to just drive there and find somewhere to sleep in the car on Saturday night. :lol:

Edit: Room booked for 1 night at a hotel 30 minutes from San Diego for $80. It's a drive, but at least it's something.

Last edited:
Looking more and more like I won't be able to make the finals. Camp sites are booked up, what's left of the hotel rooms are borderline robbery. I think the only way at this point I'll be able to make it is to just drive there and find somewhere to sleep in the car on Saturday night. :lol:

Edit: Room booked for 1 night at a hotel 30 minutes from San Diego for $80. It's a drive, but at least it's something.

👍

Awesome Jason, it's going to be great to finally shake your hand to thank you for all the great fun we've had and with all the other class drivers you attract 👍

Yep, Motel 6 to the rescue. :lol:

So this now means that I will not be headed there Friday night, but instead really early Saturday morning. I'll have to drive to and check into the hotel after Saturdays activities.

R1600Turbo

So this now means that I will not be headed there Friday night, but instead really early Saturday morning. I'll have to drive to and check into the hotel after Saturdays activities.

Jason, why don't you bunk up with one of the finalists? I'm sure one of us will end up with a room with two beds or a pullout couch. You're more than welcome to share a room with me ... Just not in the same bed. :)

Good news, look forward to meeting you Jason :)

Finally home after vacation. Lol @my ranking doubling during the last week of trials.
Congrats to everyone who made it.

Jason, why don't you bunk up with one of the finalists? I'm sure one of us will end up with a room with two beds or a pullout couch. You're more than welcome to share a room with me ... Just not in the same bed. :)

So you guys are staying in Carlsbad?

Now I don't feel so bad driving ~35 minutes to San Diego from my hotel. You guys have to as well. :D

Edit: Just found out the competition is Friday and Saturday, not Saturday and Sunday. I'll have to make some changes to my scheduling... :indiff:

Last edited:
The Europeans did physical activities in their finals last year too. Thankfully we had two months to train before having to get active.

I might have had a heart attack at the finals if they made us do anything active. It would be interesting if they switched it up on you guys this year; best of luck if they do!

I'm ok with physical activities, can't be much worse than yogax. 1 1/2 hours of contorting your body into positions you thought it should never be in, haha. On that note, they were weeding 32 down to 3, so I think they were being a bit more stringent...well see though :)

Will be touching down in San Diego at little before 5 PM local time on Thursday. 10 hours of travel is not going to be fun, but the excitement of knowing where I am going and for what reason will surely make up for it. :)

Say hi at the airport if you see me there. Some apparel I will be wearing will be a dead giveaway to who I am-

Will be touching down in San Diego at little before 5 PM local time on Thursday. 10 hours of travel is not going to be fun, but the excitement of knowing where I am going and for what reason will surely make up for it. :)

Say hi at the airport if you see me there. Some apparel I will be wearing will be a dead giveaway to who I am-

You have a long flight just like me. I wont arrive till 4:40 there time. See ya in San Diego.

Back