GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
Yeah, I'm coming from Hartford, CT. Us east coasters got the shaft :)

PM Sent.

Nick

Part of me wishes i got an earlier flight so i can get there earlier, but it is what it is and no reason to complain about a great oppurtunity and something i will never forget. Wish i didnt have to fly though never have and never planned on it lol. :scared:

Yeah, I'm coming from Hartford, CT. Us east coasters got the shaft :)

PM Sent.

Nick

Yeah, you're going diagonally across the continent from the Canadian border to the Mexican border. Unless someone from Maine qualified you probably have the longest travel.
Think of it this way, you're prize package is a higher value than everyone else. ;)

Yeah, you're going diagonally across the continent from the Canadian border to the Mexican border. Unless someone from Maine qualified you probably have the longest travel.
Think of it this way, you're prize package is a higher value than everyone else. ;)

I actually think one of us did qualify from maine, i remember someone talking about flying from maine.

Part of me wishes i got an earlier flight so i can get there earlier, but it is what it is and no reason to complain about a great oppurtunity and something i will never forget. Wish i didnt have to fly though never have and never planned on it lol. :scared:

Yeah, me too, I wanted to get in a lot earlier but I'm cool with it. I still get in with time to chill out and relax, maybe take a run in the gym or something and get my mind right. I'm ready to rock.

Lol, yeah I hope they don't bang me alot on the tax for it! :)

If it helps, I flew from California to Florida for last year's national finals and did OK. :) IIRC I was one of the last to arrive in Florida, other than the one guy who had flight delays (again IIRC - so much to remember from that weekend!).

Not sure if this belongs, but I'm in vacation and I also was yesterday, meaning I wasn't and am not able to sign in to GT5. Will I not receive the car? I won't be too sad, all it is is a Leaf with a sticker on it, but I do want it.

Dr_Watson

That would be me! I'm coming from Maine! I leave at 6am on Thurs morning. I get to SD just before 11am. Plus I'm an hour from the airport. Going to be a long day but well worth it! See you guys in SD!

Forcednduckshn
Will be touching down in San Diego at little before 5 PM local time on Thursday. 10 hours of travel is not going to be fun, but the excitement of knowing where I am going and for what reason will surely make up for it. :)

Say hi at the airport if you see me there. Some apparel I will be wearing will be a dead giveaway to who I am-

I will also be easy to spot - going to have my Gator apparel on! I connect in Chicago on the way out. Anyone flying from Chi town?

Sorry about the double post. The multiple quote function doesn't work on my iPad.

I will also be easy to spot - going to have my Gator apparel on! I connect in Chicago on the way out. Anyone flying from Chi town?

Sorry about the double post. The multiple quote function doesn't work on my iPad.

on my way home i have layover in chicago, but on way there i have layover in washington along with forced, looks like me and him will both have same flight to san diego. :)

I gotta get on my second flight in chicago, but it leaves at about 12:30 and est arrival for SD is 2:30.

You guys can also ask for later flights if you want to look around some places. Last year I asked for a later flight out of Florida and was able to rent a car for the morning and drive out to the Kennedy Space Center to have a look around. Same when I returned from Silverstone, I got a flight out of Atlanta the day after I arrived back in the states and was able to stay there for the night and check out the aquarium, etc. downtown. 👍

BICDRIVER49
I'm leaving out of chicago. about 10am, doesn't sound like we are quite on the same flight though.

Actually - I just realized my mistake. I arrive in Chicago at 7:36am and depart at 8:22am. Not much time for a frosty beverage :(

I arrive in SD at 10:35 local time.

R1600Turbo

You can room with me I don't care. Just be prepared to sleep on the floor. I don't mind your presence. I don't know were I'm staying yet though hotel wise. Rich hasn't gave me all that info.

I see you like baseball and are a Diamondbacks fan. We could at least talk about baseball and how disappointed I've been with Paul Goldschmidt.

we are all staying in the same hotel in carlsbad (I wont state specific place just in case), so its a good half hour drive to san diego and the real competition.

Yeah I have to drive myself to/from the hotel but have been given permission to stay in a room with someone. Pretty sure they all have 2 beds. (would have to confirm though)

Yeah I have to drive myself to/from the hotel but have been given permission to stay in a room with someone. Pretty sure they all have 2 beds. (would have to confirm though)

I've got a hotel a few mins from the airport. Are you driving up? Maybe we can work something out.

You can stay in my room if you want Jason. I was going to use the extra space for my slot car track but now that I think about it it'll be much easier to go without.

You can stay in my room if you want Jason. I was going to use the extra space for my slot car track but now that I think about it it'll be much easier to go without.

:lol:

I'll take you up on that. 👍

I'll be arriving wednesday. I've got a rental car reserved but trying to see if I really need it or not. I'll get back to you.

Are you in the finals or doing the Racer X comp?

There for the wildcard/racer x. And hopefully the finals.

Either ways I wouldn't mind grabbing a beer with a few of y'all Friday and Saturday night.

Back