GT is a prize collecting game. Why did Kaz have to trash the fun of prize collecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not trolling. I am seriously pissed off. Without proper prize cars the career mode is almost useless.

Here's the thing MS, you go to your Used Car Dealership. You see a Bugatti Veyron. $2,000,000+. Of course, you first thought is "why pay? I can just get it as a prize car."

If that honestly makes you that unhappy, go for a few rounds at GT4 to liven up your spirit.

Bumping kuz the prize car system is still a fail. The career mode as a whole still sucks ass and those seasonal events aren't adding **** to it. Why the hell do you work through a 24 hour race to get a car you can buy for 4000000 credits and you know is in the game. Remeber the polyphony FGT in GT4 that wasn't viewable in the dealership. That was a real prize for a 24 hour race. As was the Bentley Speed 8. Remember the days when after finishing a long endurance race or golds for a license you were actually excited to see what your prize car was?

I think this thread has gone a bit too far now... I think it's asking to be shut -.-

MeechShrykull, it's pretty obvious what your opinion is, and that's fine. We should all respect what you think. I can also see that nobody is going to change your mind, so I just have one question... Why did you have to make a thread about it and ask for other people's opinions if you were just going to spit bile in their faces and disregard everything they say?

This thread could have easily turned into an interesting discussion, but your [MeechShrykull] borderline troll behaviour towards everyone with a different opinion has just allowed this thread to melt down into a hate fest.

I am dissapoint. :indiff:

I just read through this thread, and the only thing I can say is:

HUH? :dunce:

For the life of me, I don't quite get what the premise of this thread is!

It's a bad thing (i.e. "career mode is almost useless") that an overwhelming percentage of cars in the game can either be purchased for credits or won, versus only being won?
Actually, I think it's four cars - not one - that can't be purchased, but I might be wrong
1. X2010 Prototype
2. X2010 S. Vettel
3. 370Z GT Academy Edition
4. GT-R specV GT Academy Edition

It's a bad thing (i.e. "not nearly rewarding enough") that the player has the freedom to choose whether they want to win a car or purchase it with credits they've earned?

You're entitled to your opinions and beliefs, OP, which is the only thing I'll say about the my best guesstimate to what the whole premise of this thread, because it's the only nice thing I can manage to say.

(Wisdom all of us could stand to be reminded of from time to time!) 💡

Peace...

Remeber the polyphony FGT in GT4 that wasn't viewable in the dealership. That was a real prize for a 24 hour race. As was the Bentley Speed 8.
Yeah I remember that. It's great that it's gone. GT5 does it better.

Remember the days when after finishing a long endurance race or golds for a license you were actually excited to see what your prize car was?

I remember thinking "why do I need to unlock these car?"

But I've already solved the problem for both of us

I can't agree with you. Prize exclusive cars are one of the worst possible features for the game.

Though, if GT mode were optional, and all cars were available online and in arcade, I wouldn't care.

I play GT5 to drive, not collect cars. I should be able to search through the entire library of cars when I want to set up an arcade mode race, but no. I'm limited to 100 which makes no sense to me.

Looking at this thread, here are some of my opinions about GT5's prize winning system.
The Boring :
-Prize cars can only be won once,if not I can keep selling them everytime I won them. (I don't mind much)
-Prize credits are somewhat very little, for me.

The Good :
-I like the different Prize Cars style, different from Previous GTs. It makes you work harder and win more races to acquire more credits to buy your favourite cars. It kinda feels more rewarding.

:D What do you think ? :D

GT is a prize collecting game.

No, I think not.

Except for B-spec though, but that's just me.

I like being able to buy my vehicles.. question for the OP.. what happens if you botch the tuning on the Enzo u were working on for example? valued at $1 million credits... like u put an engine tune on it and decide u dont like the way it responds? And to add to it you forgot to shut off the autosave? Well if the game played by your rules.. youd be stuck with the bad "exclusive" Ferrari (because of its value u cant trade it off) until you can either win it again as in GT4.. or as in GT3 where u cant win a car more than once.. with the way GT5 is structured You can simply replace it when you fancy.. i like this better

MeechShrykull
I'm not disregarding what other people say, I'm just disagreeing with it.

Then why did you make a thread!? The idea of making a thread is to get a discussion going, not just so you can bash everyone's opinions. Please at least show that you're not just arrogant, and you actually do have a functioning human mind and respect other peoples opinions without raging at them.

I like being able to buy my vehicles.. question for the OP.. what happens if you botch the tuning on the Enzo u were working on for example? valued at $1 million credits... like u put an engine tune on it and decide u dont like the way it responds? And to add to it you forgot to shut off the autosave? Well if the game played by your rules.. youd be stuck with the bad "exclusive" Ferrari (because of its value u cant trade it off) until you can either win it again as in GT4.. or as in GT3 where u cant win a car more than once.. with the way GT5 is structured You can simply replace it when you fancy.. i like this better
Dude you can reverse the tuning. And if you can't you should be able to like in previous GTs.

MeechShrykull
Dude you can reverse the tuning. And if you can't you should be able to like in previous GTs.

I know you can.. but not all parts.. like the engine stages or chassis reinforcers.. thats why when i mod a car i always make sure i have a second stocker on hand and always go full tilt on the modifications for the car im tuning

This is the problem. Too many pokecar players in the GT community. Imagine the racing game we could have if they were to put their focus on that instead of trying to please the graphics obsessed car collectors who just want to take pictures.

I'm not disregarding what other people say, I'm just disagreeing with it.

No...

You are jumping all over anyone who has a different opinion.

Your opinion has been noted. This thread hasn't gone anywhere in quite a few pages...

Therefore...

CLOSED

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back