GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to set the camera parallel to the ground when you place a decal in order to show on the other side. And set it at a slight angle if you want to avoid it. You'll get used to the system and how to use this to your advantage with time and practice. :)

Probably you didn't place that decal parallel to the ground.

Just made these 2 videos with the differences:

Here you can see that it shows on the other side:

Here you can see that if I change the camera angle before placing a decal, it will show or don't show on the other side, depending on the angle:
the thing is i didnt change the Angle of the camera, all i did was press add layer choose decal. Unless you mean i need to allign the camera manually each time.

WedsSport "Celica"

VS5cv4y.jpg

EhRC6lM.jpg

Used this for most of my reference, but looked at GT pics too.

A4Uhdif.jpg

Random theme song.

full

A familiar sight appears. Say hello once again to the Headless Horse..

Or should I say The Outlaw's Terror.

Initially named Outlaw Nightmare, Sony thinks Nightmare isn't an appropriate word.. well, I blame the first three letters, but let's not bash on the English language.

full

One thing you may have noticed is the liberal use of the brand spanking new decal in the form of Dark Horse Customs. I'm a fan of the Mustangs they do, and I'm fairly certain it's a very appropriate sponsor for this car.

full

While it's a brand new car, the inspiration came straight from the Headless Horse. What's left is the stripe and the logo, but it gains a lot of new, mostly flaming. My favorite being those hellhorses on the hood.

full

Well, firstly, we're not using the Mustang logo anymore. I ended up stenciling my own pony. It's not pretty, but hey, I'm no artist. Maybe I'll stencil the Mustang logo if it bothers me too much.

full

So, these are for next week, as per plans. No fret. I can release it now, no problem, actually. They will be under the tag "someplayadude" as always. But when they do come out, I'll release links on this thread like a couple of you have already done.

full

And may I say the pictures in the realm of loading 2 player mode come out just amazing.

It's probably been asked a thousand times, but does anyone know of a work around with the colour picker giving HSB values, well the 'H' part, as the wrong scale?

I uploaded this Brumos livery late last night and the 'blue' looked fine. In the clear light of day, when i've taken this shot of the car from the GT Sport website to upload here, the blue is incorrect. I now have the correct HSB values, but the game doesn't use them in the right way.

5909304355121561616_23.jpg

I've noticed the input is bugged, it'll move by 1 each way each time you set it - that is, the displayed value can be 1 out from what it actually is. For hue, that can be quite a difference. Setting to zero first helps, I think, because zero is zero.

full

And may I say the pictures in the realm of loading 2 player mode come out just amazing.

I was just wondering how you took those pictures. I wish they add a "studio" scape or a place where we can move around the car to get the right angle. The screenshots in the livery editor are limited, and there are not enough scapes where you can show the car as you like to (details, view on the roof, etc ...)

It's probably been asked a thousand times, but does anyone know of a work around with the colour picker giving HSB values, well the 'H' part, as the wrong scale?

I uploaded this Brumos livery late last night and the 'blue' looked fine. In the clear light of day, when i've taken this shot of the car from the GT Sport website to upload here, the blue is incorrect. I now have the correct HSB values, but the game doesn't use them in the right way.

View attachment 697593

You can use these converters. Hopefully will help. :)

HSV to RGB

RGB to HSV

You can use these converters. Hopefully will help. :)

HSV to RGB

RGB to HSV

I can convert from RGB to HSV okay, you can do it simply in Photoshop. It's just that even when armed with the right HSV values, the game won't allow them to be imputed correctly. It lists 'H' as a value between 0 - 100, when it's commonly valued as 0 - 360 degrees. Someone suggested multiplying the Hue value by 3.6, which makes sense, so i'll just give that a try when i get chance. 👍

I can convert from RGB to HSV okay, you can do it simply in Photoshop. It's just that even when armed with the right HSV values, the game won't allow them to be imputed correctly. It lists 'H' as a value between 0 - 100, when it's commonly valued as 0 - 360 degrees. Someone suggested multiplying the Hue value by 3.6, which makes sense, so i'll just give that a try when i get chance. 👍

The HSV used in GT Sport indeed isn't the same as actual HSV, like used in Photoshop for example. The H value (Hue) has a different scale in GT Sport. You have to multiply by 0.28 to get the right value in GT Sport. :) So for example when you have this random blue color of HSV 227/83/42 you have to multiply that 227 by 0.28 which makes 64 (rounded up). So to get the color in GT Sport you need to use 64/83/42, or well close to that color since you have to round it up or down.

If I do something wrong, please tell me.
I don’t know if we can show videos of the liveries.

This is my Martini livery, in motion!!!
I changed some details, but it’s mostly the same I posted here before.

Skip to the middle part. It’s where the TV cam starts.

It's all the same stuff except H is stated as a percentage rather than degress in the game. 360° = 100%, therefore each 1° = 0.2777777777777..... so you can DIVIDE the true Hue value by 3.6, or MULTIPLY by 0.277777777777, to get the value for the game.

Quick question - I have a blue Viper that I want to put white stripes on.

There is a livery for a red Viper with black stripes that I can download. Am I able to edit the downloaded livery to get my blue Viper/white stripes combo? Thanks!

There is a livery for a red Viper with black stripes that I can download. Am I able to edit the downloaded livery to get my blue Viper/white stripes combo? Thanks!
No you are not able to edit anything on a downloaded livery (not even the rims)

You can only edit your own liveries that were made after 17th of October. :)

Didn't know where to ask but can one download or access liveries without PSN+?

This is a good question, I would like to know if I'll still be able to make liveries and share them without PS+ since this month has been abit of a strain on my wallet and I won't have PS+ for maybe a month.

After completing my livery for the Toyota TS030 that turned it into the BMW M Power - LMP-E30H I really wanted to convert more LMP1 machines into different cars. A lot of blood, sweat and tears were needed to create these liveries and I'm pleased with the outcome. When the decal uploader was made available for a wider audience more and more logos were shared and I knew it was time to update my liveries in order to give them even more authenticity. I took a close look at the 2016 LMP1s which are featured in the game and replicated the style of their number plates and how the official WEC sponsors are integrated into the liveries. The aim was to create a more diverse but homogeneous grid and in my opinion I have succeeded. Enjoy the fictional LMP1s created by me next to the real ones in one shot and make sure to download and share them via the links below the picture. Let me know what you think ;)

full

Alfa Romeo LMH Competizione #15
Alfa Romeo LMH Competizione #16

BMW M Power - LMP-E30H II #29
BMW M Power - LMP-E30H II #30

Chevrolet - DPLMH-02 #3
Chevrolet - DPLMH-02 #4

Infiniti QH1000 - LMP1 II #17
Infiniti QH1000 - LMP1 II #18

Mercedes-AMG - EQ W01L #9 *not shared yet
Mercedes-AMG - EQ W01L #10 *not shared yet

:gtplanet:

Attachments

• LMP1-H-16.jpg
    LMP1-H-16.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
i cant find any other helmets other then those i already have in mileage exchange. Is there an other way to get one?

i cant find any other helmets other then those i already have in mileage exchange. Is there an other way to get one?

Maybe leveling up, or completing campaign stuff. Sorry, but I don’t remember.

How did you put lots of cars in Scapes? As I recall, it is limited to 3 cars only... :eek: :confused:

By the way, since I'm here it is time for another showcase! :

Motul Pitwork GT-R Gr. 4 :

To celebrate Alfa's return to F1 with Sauber next year :

R Line Performance TCR Scirocco Gr. 4 :

Docomo Dandelion NSX Gr. 3 :

Fanmade Canon 911 RSR :

Stay tuned for more livery showcase! 👍 :cheers:

After completing my livery for the Toyota TS030 that turned it into the BMW M Power - LMP-E30H I really wanted to convert more LMP1 machines into different cars. A lot of blood, sweat and tears were needed to create these liveries and I'm pleased with the outcome. When the decal uploader was made available for a wider audience more and more logos were shared and I knew it was time to update my liveries in order to give them even more authenticity. I took a close look at the 2016 LMP1s which are featured in the game and replicated the style of their number plates and how the official WEC sponsors are integrated into the liveries. The aim was to create a more diverse but homogeneous grid and in my opinion I have succeeded. Enjoy the fictional LMP1s created by me next to the real ones in one shot and make sure to download and share them via the links below the picture. Let me know what you think ;)

full

Alfa Romeo LMH Competizione #15
Alfa Romeo LMH Competizione #16

BMW M Power - LMP-E30H II #29
BMW M Power - LMP-E30H II #30

Chevrolet - DPLMH-02 #3
Chevrolet - DPLMH-02 #4

Infiniti QH1000 - LMP1 II #17
Infiniti QH1000 - LMP1 II #18

Mercedes-AMG - EQ W01L #9 *not shared yet
Mercedes-AMG - EQ W01L #10 *not shared yet

:gtplanet:

Ah, I think know what he did = he merged multiple images which each had three cars at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back