GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the current 1.06 meta, Bananas for everyone :sly:
Wasn't sure if this should go in the deliberately bad liveries thread, It probably should.
6990247510395617808_23.jpg
Doesn't look bad to me. :)

I noticed when creating liveries for the BMW M4 that there's a bug - any decal pasted over the openings of the grille in the front wings/fenders appears on the rear diffuser.

Is there a way to report this?

I noticed when creating liveries for the BMW M4 that there's a bug - any decal pasted over the openings of the grille in the front wings/fenders appears on the rear diffuser.

Is there a way to report this?

Not really. You can do one of two things:

1) Go to "set projection area" of that layer and decrease the "depth limit" until it doesn't show on the rear. -7 should work.

2) Before placing the decal, go up with the camera a bit so before you place the decal, you're looking down on the car at a slight angle. This way, nothing will be behind the decal but the floor.

If you're adding any layer to the rear diffuser, you can always place that layer above the one you used for the front grill.

Team RUM BUM Racing is complete. The Audi took maybe half the time of the Porsche and the BMW maybe half the time of the Audi. Still some hours put in.

BMW M4

4900510210988213780_0.jpg

photo2-1024x768.jpg

epcp-1201-04-o%2B2012-grand-am-season-green-flag-bmw-performance-200%2Brum-bum-racing.jpg

grandam-scc-daytona-2010-13-rum-bum-racing-bmw-m3-coupe-gianluis-bacardi-matt-plumb.jpg

Rum-Bum-Racing-BMW-M3-Daytona-BMW-Performance-200-Friday-01-1050x748.jpg

I'll share the liveries later on, don't worry! I just want to race with them for a bit. :)

:cheers:

Not really. You can do one of two things:

1) Go to "set projection area" of that layer and decrease the "depth limit" until it doesn't show on the rear. -7 should work.

2) Before placing the decal, go up with the camera a bit so before you place the decal, you're looking down on the car at a slight angle. This way, nothing will be behind the decal but the floor.

If you're adding any layer to the rear diffuser, you can always place that layer above the one you used for the front grill.
I'll have a look at it and see if it works, but the projection area on the decals in that area are all set to +10 because I want them to wrap around the edges of doors and panels etc. It's affecting my eBay livery...

by Dan B, on Flickr

If you look at that photo, you can see some red by the exhaust pipe (that's coming from the right-hand wing), and there's green and yellow towards the middle of the diffuser that is coming through from the left side of the car, so it's made up of several decals.

I don't want to add anything to the diffuser because I want to keep the carbon effect.

Last edited:
but the projection area on the decals in that area are all set to +10 already

That's the problem. It should be at around -7.

If you set your players to +10 they will show on the other opposite side of the car or bleed to other parts . To avoid that you have to play with negative depth.

You can also play with the angle of the red layers on the side, if depth doesn't work.

Team RUM BUM Racing is complete. The Audi took maybe half the time of the Porsche and the BMW maybe half the time of the Audi. Still some hours put in.

BMW M4

photo2-1024x768.jpg

epcp-1201-04-o%2B2012-grand-am-season-green-flag-bmw-performance-200%2Brum-bum-racing.jpg

grandam-scc-daytona-2010-13-rum-bum-racing-bmw-m3-coupe-gianluis-bacardi-matt-plumb.jpg

I'll share the liveries later on, don't worry! I just want to race with them for a bit. :)

As I said, the most awesome trio. :drool:

That's the problem. It should be at around -7.

If you set your players to +10 they will show on the other opposite side of the car or bleed to other parts . To avoid that you have to play with negative depth.

You can also play with the angle of the red layers on the side, if depth doesn't work.
I just tested it. Projection area set to -8 fixes it, but then I don't get the decal wrapping around the panel gaps as I would like it to in other areas, and the edge of the decal around the vent goes very pixelated, which I'm not happy with.

Adjusting the camera angle when pasting it makes no difference to the location the decals appears - they've built it so that the excess decal from the vent gets dumped in a visible location on the car.

I just tested it. Projection area set to -8 fixes it, but then I don't get the decal wrapping around the panel gaps as I would like it to in other areas, and the edge of the decal around the vent goes very pixelated, which I'm not happy with.

Adjusting the camera angle when pasting it makes no difference to the location the decals appears - they've built it so that the excess decal from the vent gets dumped in a visible location on the car.

Put angle to +10 and leave the depth -7.

Also, if you have a shape just the size to cover the vents, it won't bleed to anywhere else. I just tested it.

Last edited:
question, i tried using Depth +10 to show on other parts of the cars but that doesnt work at all. i dont get what everyone means by it when it doesnt work.

question, i tried using Depth +10 to show on other parts of the cars but that doesnt work at all. i dont get what everyone means by it when it doesnt work.

Do you have a screenshot? Because every time I try it, it works.

this is on the Dodge Viper. i change the depth to +10 and its just normal on the other side. it only work if i make the Decal 4 times bigger but that makes it useless (happens on user and standard decals and shapes)
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171205222006.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171205222019.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171205222140.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171205222146.png

BMW M4

photo2-1024x768.jpg

They are great ! Can I ask if you use homemade SVGs for the heads and curves, or if you did it with the in game shapes ?

Made this one for a coworker who requested it

7134367096432001048_23.jpg

And this one for the same coworker who requested this as well

8142525791638390288_23.jpg

This one i made for myself after researching the old Realtime NSX

6917609376297551360_23.jpg

This is one of the first ones I made and it was before i realized how the depth function worked (as evident by the red front lip haha)

8574872387112141824_23.jpg

Also this one because my coworkers and I kept getting it as prize cars so we had a race with this turd. Couldnt go in plain jane status so Banana Boat was created

8430761596479865864_23.jpg

Last edited:
i did increase and decrease it before i took the screen shot to see if doing anything like that would help but no change.

You need to set the camera parallel to the ground when you place a decal in order to show on the other side. And set it at a slight angle if you want to avoid it. You'll get used to the system and how to use this to your advantage with time and practice. :)

Probably you didn't place that decal parallel to the ground.

Just made these 2 videos with the differences:

Here you can see that it shows on the other side:

Here you can see that if I change the camera angle before placing a decal, it will show or don't show on the other side, depending on the angle:

Refreshed #007 AMR V12 Vantage GT3 "Billie" N24 2014

#gravelwraps #amr #n24
Genre: Replica

Download

Updated and polished, base paint detailed, yellow outlined with light blue, flying buttress paint corrected, missing logos added, some made in Inkscape, number panel and numbers updated. I made sure to add the Falken logos to annoy @BarryB ;) :P

One of the most accurate available in GTS...I think anyway ;)

I've started work on my third #007 as well, lots of decals to find make and upload....

Hi again! Sorry for going out for a moment. I've got something to do yesterday. Anyway, here is the showcase! :

We start off with simple road car liveries. Here is the replica of Alpina B4 :

And limited production 458 Dragon Edition for Chinese market :

And here are the usual stuff :

2002 DTM ABT Sportsline Hasseroder R8 LMS :

Livery based from 2011 Pacific NAC "Ika Musume" :

Fantasy livery Canon Santander 458 Gr. 3 :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back