GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gripe/Winge/Moan/Rant:

Why are some (not all) of you even uploading images of your liveries here when you're not even sharing them in GT Sport for others to download/save/use???

The whole point is you want people to use them right? If you're only making the liveries for yourself then you shouldn't really post them where people will see them and expect to be able to find your livery and be able to use them!

I shared most of my liveries but a few of them I keep to myself. Most, I end up sharing later on, after racing with them for some time. I've done 2 liveries by request and others I shared after people asked me to share.

I share shots of liveries as I share shots of cars. Because a) I have fun making / taking them and 2) I like to see what other people are doing to get ideas or inspiration. For example, I love the liveries that @bdj57 finds on twitter and shares here because I get motivation and ideas to make something different, even though I have never downloaded a single one of those liveries. I don't get mad if someone shares pictures of a car I don't have (this happened a lot back in GT5 with the stealth cars) or a livery. If I share something, I'll share the tags. :)

99.9% of the artists in the world don't give away what they make. Why should someone give away a livery that took days to finish? I've shared some liveries that took 1/2 days to make without even blinking. But sometimes I like to keep a few to myself, at least for some time.

Nagy Daniel - Zengő Motorsport WTCC HONDA 2017
(by HUN_hatrixx)

6061872663541842964_0.jpg

Since we're on the topic of sharing liveries, here's one I've been working on for probably longer than a month, if not even more:

I'll share it eventually, along with a #15 variant as well, but I'm still sourcing decals and ast minute details to really knock it out of the park. I didn't make it for like, or shares, or anything for my own gain. I made it because I enjoy watch the IMSA series throughout the year and thought it'd be cool to have in-game, along with the C7.R. Likes/shares are just a bonus on top of me already enjoying it.

That's my main gripe with people who come to expect likes/shares. Sure, maybe they show gratitude towards the artist, but it's something that doesn't bother me.

Regarding livery sharing I have to admit that I'm not planned to get GTS yet because I waiting for a bit longer to see how this game developed. That's why I look up to social media and found bunch of liveries spreaded upon my eyes then decided to pick some of those up and share them here.

Besides, my intention is purely just to share and give some livery ideas or inspiration that could be used for references while also appreciate artists good effort at making them and let other people know their awesome work. Other reason is what I've seen when latest GT installment brings livery editor features it did help GT community a bit better imo.

"How to spend a Sunday"

RUM BUM 911 RSR

View attachment 696920

8448RumBum13Miami2012WEB1.jpg

grandam-scc-daytona-2013-13-rum-bum-racing-porsche-997-nick-longhi-matt-plumb.jpg

9161c58334b752f24d7fa813d8ad3517.jpg

Now that I'm seeing the video and pictures on my other PC monitor I 'm not sure if the colors are accurate. :/ I may need to change them. :ouch:

I thought about making the Rum Bum porsche as well but looking at the design it look kinda tricky to make. I remember this car racing in the IMSA races. Nice to see the livery in GTS.

"How to spend a Sunday"

RUM BUM 911 RSR

View attachment 696920

8448RumBum13Miami2012WEB1.jpg

grandam-scc-daytona-2013-13-rum-bum-racing-porsche-997-nick-longhi-matt-plumb.jpg

9161c58334b752f24d7fa813d8ad3517.jpg

Now that I'm seeing the video and pictures on my other PC monitor I 'm not sure if the colors are accurate. :/ I may need to change them. :ouch:

This is absolutely epic. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

There once was a GT6 3.0 Photomode competition, where we had to edit racing liveries on cars. The Rum Bum Racing livery was the one I stumbled upon while I researched for inspiration. I couldn't realise the project, but I always dreamed of seeing this livery in a racing game.
You made this happen and I'm very happy to see it in such perfection. In my opinion one of the best liveries a racing car can have.

Since you have the decals, I hope you also make one for the Audi R8 and maybe a BMW. This would be the most awesome trio. :drool:

:cheers:

I shared most of my liveries but a few of them I keep to myself. Most, I end up sharing later on, after racing with them for some time. I've done 2 liveries by request and others I shared after people asked me to share.

I share shots of liveries as I share shots of cars. Because a) I have fun making / taking them and 2) I like to see what other people are doing to get ideas or inspiration. For example, I love the liveries that @bdj57 finds on twitter and shares here because I get motivation and ideas to make something different, even though I have never downloaded a single one of those liveries. I don't get mad if someone shares pictures of a car I don't have (this happened a lot back in GT5 with the stealth cars) or a livery. If I share something, I'll share the tags. :)

99.9% of the artists in the world don't give away what they make. Why should someone give away a livery that took days to finish? I've shared some liveries that took 1/2 days to make without even blinking. But sometimes I like to keep a few to myself, at least for some time.

I guess that GT Sport should have really made a system where you buy permission to use someone's liveries at rates fixed by them to avoid people extortionate with in-game credit.

mlV79va.jpg

paQfrcz.jpg

PD's number plate locations are really annoying sometimes. On this car it's right in the middle of the door, but I didn't want to sacrifice the looks for essentially sport mode races. Stevenson will get overlapped, but it looked stupid shrinking it down to fit with the number plate.

Got it shared....#stevenson, #black, #mmxtreme

Will probably do the white one tonight.

I thought about making the Rum Bum porsche as well but looking at the design it look kinda tricky to make. I remember this car racing in the IMSA races. Nice to see the livery in GTS.

Yep it was tricky to make, especially the lines that come out of the "head" so they wouldn't "bleed" to other panels or decals. I'll probably make a version of the IMSA too, since it's only a change of 1 decal. :)

Can you please share that?

Will do it soon. You can follow me ingame so it will be easier to get it once it's shared.

This is absolutely epic. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

There once was a GT6 3.0 Photomode competition, where we had to edit racing liveries on cars. The Rum Bum Racing livery was the one I stumbled upon while I researched for inspiration. I couldn't realise the project, but I always dreamed of seeing this livery in a racing game.
You made this happen and I'm very happy to see it in such perfection. In my opinion one of the best liveries a racing car can have.

Since you have the decals, I hope you also make one for the Audi R8 and maybe a BMW. This would be the most awesome trio. :drool:

Thank you buddy. :) I don't remember that particular 3.0 but I remember wining 2 of those. They were sick! Now I'm curious to see the entries for that specific week. :D

My idea was to start with the Audi in fact, but then I though "well, but I drive the Porsche more often..." so I paused and started the Porsche. But yes, I plan to do the R8 and the M4 too. I might be a bit more creative with the Audi in regards to decal placement though, because is trickier to align decals form the bonnet and the body (from the side). Let's see if I can make it. One thing that I know now is how to make the livery more quickly (because I know how to place and organize the layers) and just add a few decals I miss for the Audi/BMW.

I guess that GT Sport should have really made a system where you buy permission to use someone's liveries at rates fixed by them to avoid people extortionate with in-game credit.

I don't want anything in exchange, don't worry. But I wouldn't mind ofc, since during all the hours/days I spend creating liveries I can't be racing to get credits and milage. ^^ But yeah, if people share what I share with them and leave a comment, that's the best they can do. :)

Last edited:
Hey all. now to whoever asked for a Blue-Eyes White Dragon livery, well its not exactly the one you asked, but someone did ask for any of the Toon cards, so mashed them together for the one and only Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon. Now this isnt any ordinary blue paint, the underlayer is black, with a light blue gradient ring with a bunch of purple gradient rings over the top going outwards... this makes the car seem purple and blue when light shines over it. (#Yugioh #Anime #Itasha
8440380195620259328_23.jpg
4909509713190715924_0.jpg
4900502503603308052_0.jpg
)

Mentioned this in another thread, but PD really need to prioritise some 'generic' models like F1, F2, F3, plus a bunch of models the community can go to town on like LMP2 and classic touring cars. The GT side (outside of Super GT) is pretty well covered.

Awesome job, so fresh and so clean, clean! I hope you would consider sharing this soon, I'd buy a Megane in a heartbeat if I could drive it in this livery!

My latest creation, Scuderia Toro Rosso's Red Bull Simply Cola livery on the Renault Mégane Gr4. The origin of the livery is on the roof, the Red Bull Simply Cola can. :)

1UWBw4O.jpg

oRiGdwM.jpg

4azBjR0.jpg

Video of the livery + quick replay.

2/3 of the Team done. Next will be the BMW. Liveries will be shared later.

Yesterday I ended up going to the Porsche livery and change the colors of all the yellow and dark blue layers. What a boring task!

Audi R8 RUM BUM Racing

5053610605402916380_0.jpg

16515.jpg

16519.jpg

Here is my latest livery. I made two versions of this. One for me and one for everyone. This is the one for everyone.

'Street Demon'
#street, #demon, #tuner
Comments are welcome.

6990181539761882128_23.jpg

If interested, I can post images of the version I created for me.

This is one good looking Huracan ! What are the tags/link to it ?
made some more work on it, updated roof stripes, added proper bonnet stripes, blackened air scoops and aero parts, but have no photo of the changes. tags are arcbratislava, slovakia, replica

full

So, like anyone who's found their car of choice will have to tackle track after track to not lose the edge. After about 250 miles of this, I've never brought it to Maggiore. So here we go.

full

Like I've already said, this car is in pace on the greater spectrum within Group 3 on BOP. This run however, I forgot to set, which made it pretty fast.

full

I've done little when it first impressed me, but recently I've been playing around with suspension settings and, while still maintaining pace, made it a little loose by the rear. Not a problem, hand me half an hour and Suzuka, maybe I'll fix it.

full

While I have my own preference of Group 3 cars, there's little that's parallel to the Peugeot VGT for my favor. I mean, if there is one, it probably might appear on track or something.

full

Enough talk. Let's charge in and make a proper pace!

full

Wait, where's that music coming from?

full

That looks like a car in the distance..

full

It appears I need to give it an introduction. Rebooting the Headless Horse, it's "The Outlaw's Horror". More deathly (and demonic horsey) details in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back