GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough first attempt with my new DirtyBird logo, Could probably use abit more colour here and there but its the first of many to come.

dirtybirdferrari.jpg

Rough first attempt with my new DirtyBird logo, Could probably use abit more colour here and there but its the first of many to come.

View attachment 696598

I am noticing a bias towards male genitalia. May I suggest the usage of a broader range of drawings to include some biasing towards female as well? You really don't want to upset the feminism crowd by leaving them out. This is 2017 afterall, we are all equal

If you check out some of the most popular Japanese uploaders, they have most of the Super GT decals. Follow them and look at their profile. Far easier than using the search function, which loses plenty of stuff over a few days old.
Yes I know, I have lots of pics of the car and wanted to upload them myself but didnt have time so decided to use some fake sponsors for now. Will update the car asap.

Another one - based on the basic design of the 2009 Team RAC BMW in BTCC, I've used some artistic licence and adapted it to the shape of the 4 Series in the game. Decals are the nearest in-game match where originals aren't available.

Again, C&C welcomed.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1144420/1/6989657065721431056

RAC4
by Dan B, on Flickr

RAC5
by Dan B, on Flickr

RAC3
by Dan B, on Flickr

Decals seem to go blurry when I resize them, but some of the liveries I've downloaded don't seem so badly affected. Any pointers?

Last edited:
Another one - based on the basic design of the 2009 Team RAC BMW in BTCC, I've used some artistic licence and adapted it to the shape of the 4 Series in the game. Decals are the nearest in-game match where originals aren't available.

Again, C&C welcomed.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1144420/1/6989657065721431056

RAC4
by Dan B, on Flickr

RAC5
by Dan B, on Flickr

RAC3
by Dan B, on Flickr

Decals seem to go blurry when I resize them, but some of the liveries I've downloaded don't seem so badly affected. Any pointers?

Good downladed decals dont blur, ingame ones do.

Good downladed decals dont blur, ingame ones do.
Thank you sir - useful to know. I'd just started work on another - I'll leave it for tonight and start over with downloaded shapes tomorrow.

Don't suppose you know any accounts that have lots of good resources to download do you?

Just wanted to say I really appreciate you posting the liveries you find. Also nice to see Twitter links so we can share with followers.

Thanks. Just want to share some cool and unique liveries that might have not been seen yet in this thread with other members here. Also, to show people outside this forum for their creativity using livery editor. Anyway, most of members here are also talented though! 👍 :cheers: :gtpflag:

I have just uploaded a number set that is close to that used in Blancpain GT Series ;)

If anyone has any ideas about the fonts used for other series numbers...

I'm not needing it anytime soon but PWC numbers might be cool and also the IMSA Weathertech series once would be nice. Unless of course i didnt look hard enough

Aston Martin Zagato livery

This was the most complex and time consuming (no pun intended) livery I've made yet. I started some days earlier with the research for the watch, made dozens of decals and then imported and put them all together ingame, layer by layer. Because of its location and the fact that 90% of it is made out of circular shapes and letters/numbers, it was tricky as hell to place "new layers" exatly in the same place, with the same angle as the ones below (GT should make it so when you add a new layer, the camera defaults to the angle you used for the layer below...). The fact that I couldn't just mirror the letters and numbers means I had basically to make a new watch on the opposite side. ^^ I have 10 layers left to add a few more details but I'm happy with how it looks atm.

eurp-1108-11%2Bv12-zagato-production%2Bright-view.jpg

Are you a wizard? :boggled:

I'm back, and now it's time to show what's in the cooking pot on the SPD livery kitchen.

full

Wait a minute, isn't this the first set of original liveries I showed here?

Headless Horse and Team Peugeot Total 2010?

Yep. With the release of the Decal Uploader, I might as well clean and redo some that didn't have that liberty. The Peugeot will receive a minor decal overhaul to increase the accuracy of its source material, while the Headless Horse, still using that same logo, will have it huge. A new design, that probably won't take as long as the original, since I drew that Mustang logo on the side from scratch. It will also use a bespoke logo I've made using some stenciling and GIMP work. What will it be? Emm.. I guess it will be kind of obvious.

I've been really enjoying the livery editor ever since the game came out. I swear I spend more time painting a car for a race than actually driving said car :lol:

So far there's three that I'm actually happy with. The first two are the twins, my Vipers that have gradually evolved in their own way during that half hour break between sport races.
5989867773264658460_0.jpg

The third is my 86 GRMN. Comparatively a very quick and simple job but I'm pretty happy with the result. :)
6196975148900287516_0.jpg

Thank you sir - useful to know. I'd just started work on another - I'll leave it for tonight and start over with downloaded shapes tomorrow.

Don't suppose you know any accounts that have lots of good resources to download do you?

Okasan_joestar, xanaviGTR, LucyBresil, Lupowolf. If you see those names they have a lot. Lupowolf is DEF in trending/most popular. The names are from memory so I'll try and update this with more accurate names when I can.

Edit: okasan_joestar97, APEX-evolution, lupothewolf, Zockerling-Gold, lucybresil, XanaviGTR_CZ

Last edited:
Sorry for took this so long, have to pick from bunch livery I found today. Here is the showcase :

Wonder if there is any professional artist playing around with GTS and I did found one! You can check other of his own work too. Most of them are classic or famous livery that is nice and neatly made :

1998 Taeivon Trampio Evo Gr. 3 :

Custom Red Bull NSX Gr. 3 :

Slightly different approach with custom Jaguar livery (There are also recent Jaguar livery design hint as what I've seen too here as inspiration) :

Castrol Edge RC-F GT3 :

So, while I'm busy with Headless Horse Mk. 2, codenamed "The Outlaw Nightmare", I went and made some Group 4 replicas.

full

First up: the Larbre Competition GT1 on the Cayman. A super simple livery for the car, based on the GT1 of the late 90s. I may be thinking into making a Nintendo car, but nah.. their stance of serious racing for me has been long dormant after they haven't made an F-Zero for too long.

full

Next: a Peugeot RCZ styled in the look of a Peugeot Talbot Sport Dakar truck. The stripe on the side is a custom decal made by yours truly (SPD ass mode activated), and I just uploaded it. Likes are coming, but this is to let you know it's free for the taking. The car? I've never seen an RCZ Gr. 4 as seriously driven as mine, so that's on shaky ground. Maybe tomorrow?

full

I did say I was going to make the golden No Fear car on the Group 4. Here it is. Simple, and RIP Colin McRae you magnificent piece of rallying greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back