GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just change the Martini livery on your Mustang? Hope you saved it though because I like it...

Yeah I still have both, haven't uploaded this new one though. If you like the other one you should download it: look in Ford Mustang Gr. B, #martini. There are even a few different versions to choose from.

Yeah I still have both, haven't uploaded this new one though. If you like the other one you should download it: look in Ford Mustang Gr. B, #martini. There are even a few different versions to choose from.

Ah okay 👍 That's a relief. Btw, keep up the good work! ;)

My Hellcat...

cyxP6JA.jpg

Still on the McLaren GULF theme... Worked on the first livery and made another version of it with the classic color combination. Sorry for bringing more of the same stuff :D

BTW, found out that if you only have 1 car but want to take a shot with 2 different liveries you can take a shot on a scape with one livery then change liveries, go to your gallery, chose that shot that you just took, press triangle and "go to scape" (or something like that). Then, you'll have the car with your previous livery and you can "add another car" and choose exactly the same car but with the second livery. Then, just play around with them. You can do it with 3 as well.

Twins

more in my gallery

Last edited:
Sill, on the McLaren GULF theme... Worked on the first livery and made another version of it with the classic color combination. Sorry for bringing more of the same stuff :D

BTW, found out that if you only have 1 car but want to take a shot with 2 different liveries you can take a shot on a scape with one livery then change liveries, go to your gallery, chose that shot that you just took, press triangle and "go to scape" (or something like that). Then, you'll have the car with your previous livery and you can "add another car" and chose exactly the same car but with the second livery. Then, just play around with them. You can do it with 3 as well.

Twins

more in my gallery
Damn! They look awesome!

As an occasional livery designer IRL, absolutely love some of these!

Imagine what a game-changer it would be if Polyphony let us import whole liveries direct from Adobe Illustrator!

I have a question about stickers: it's possible to duplicate an element, but can we change it by another one after a duplication/copy (eg : when you want to write a word and keep the same proportions for each letter)?

I do not know if anyone has asked this question so perhaps the answer has already been given ...

You got a nice selection of cars, totally worth the time for those creative liveries.

@CConspicuous - that's an amazing idea.

The cycle I usually go by is prototypes in Photoshop, then vectors in Illustrator (top and side, sometimes front and back), then 3D via adding vector files as textures on a CAD/render.

Imagine GT Sport facilitated the last two steps in the form of direct importing of whole vector files (not just single decals), they'd be teaching the professional design cycle to everyone.

I have a question about stickers: it's possible to duplicate an element, but can we change it by another one after a duplication/copy (eg : when you want to write a word and keep the same proportions for each letter)?

I do not know if anyone has asked this question so perhaps the answer has already been given ...

No, because you choose the letter before anything else. If you want to make sure they’re all the same size make a box somewhere flat on the car and use it as a template, then delete it after.
Another way is to put a line above and below where you want the text so they are all the same height. You could also use a small box duplicated to get the spacing between letters too

No, because you choose the letter before anything else. If you want to make sure they’re all the same size make a box somewhere flat on the car and use it as a template, then delete it after.
Another way is to put a line above and below where you want the text so they are all the same height. You could also use a small box duplicated to get the spacing between letters too

Ok that's what I thought! Thanks for the advice :)

Really amazing stuff I am seeing here, I will only start to mess with the livery editor once the game is out.

Are you able to save livery and place it on another car? I would like to make racing team livery, but want to be able to share it with other team members vs everyone having to make it themselves. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back