GT Sport SVG request thread (Please read 1st post)

• Thread starter daan
  • 10,545 comments
Hi guys, I am not an expert working with SVGs, but I made a simple stripe that follows the curves of the Huayra on Inkscape. But when I upload it to GTS it becomes blurry. I have attached the SVG file I created and a screenshot from the game.

Could someone help me create one that isn't blurry or perhaps tell me what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Gavlaar8_

Attachments

• Blurry stripe.jpeg
    Blurry stripe.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 20
  • Huayra stripe.svg
    1.3 KB · Views: 14
Afternoon everyone!

So I've finally managed to start working with the SVG software but am struggling on file sizes/resolutions, I've managed to convert these two to SVG but am not sure the best way to split the decals or if I can reduce the size any further, can anyone give me some tips or assist?

Attachments

• Tails.svg
    103.5 KB · Views: 15
  • TSR.svg
    287.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi guys, I am not an expert working with SVGs, but I made a simple stripe that follows the curves of the Huayra on Inkscape. But when I upload it to GTS it becomes blurry. I have attached the SVG file I created and a screenshot from the game.

Could someone help me create one that isn't blurry or perhaps tell me what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Gavlaar8_
You haven't done anything wrong. The problem lies with how GTSPORT handles them. Sort of a workaround is to make your decal more square by squashing it , this would then require stretching x and y axis independently in game . So here is your original, just squashed from the sides. Try it for comparison. Use your original to get proportions correct. May need to make the stroke thicker.

Attachments

• Huayra stripe2.svg
    2.5 KB · Views: 19
You haven't done anything wrong. The problem lies with how GTSPORT handles them. Sort of a workaround is to make your decal more square by squashing it , this would then require stretching x and y axis independently in game . So here is your original, just squashed from the sides. Try it for comparison. Use your original to get proportions correct. May need to make the stroke thicker.

Thank you so much Maninashed! I increased the thickness as you suggested and it works a treat!
Much appreciated your help!

Gavlaar8_

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpeg
    Screenshot.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 22
Afternoon everyone!

So I've finally managed to start working with the SVG software but am struggling on file sizes/resolutions, I've managed to convert these two to SVG but am not sure the best way to split the decals or if I can reduce the size any further, can anyone give me some tips or assist?

Unfortunately neither of these are true vector files. They are essentially an image file inside a vector file. No free online converters that I know of will do multi color conversion to true vectors. Even paid ones like vector magic usually require quite some time to edit them down to size.
Inkscape is free and can convert with colors. It is not very good at it though, and takes a long time to reduce to size and may require multiple decals. Hand tracing is the other option for the more complicated pictures. This can take hours.
The second one (team sonic racing) I had done a simplified hand trace before on this thread. Grab below.
The first one is really beyond the scope of hand tracing. Mainly due to the amount of time that it would take to get a reasonable recreation of it.
Not sure if @McDotter can get something with vector magic.
Reference picture below.
TSRTails.png

Attachments

• team sonicgrads.svg
    9.7 KB · Views: 15
Unfortunately neither of these are true vector files. They are essentially an image file inside
View attachment 823106

Thanks for the updated info, I will have an attempt at drawing the image myself and the options you suggest and try again but at least
I will be able to work with the logo you attached for my latest project.

Unfortunately neither of these are true vector files. They are essentially an image file inside a vector file. No free online converters that I know of will do multi color conversion to true vectors. Even paid ones like vector magic usually require quite some time to edit them down to size.
Inkscape is free and can convert with colors. It is not very good at it though, and takes a long time to reduce to size and may require multiple decals. Hand tracing is the other option for the more complicated pictures. This can take hours.
The second one (team sonic racing) I had done a simplified hand trace before on this thread. Grab below.
The first one is really beyond the scope of hand tracing. Mainly due to the amount of time that it would take to get a reasonable recreation of it.
Not sure if @McDotter can get something with vector magic.
Reference picture below.
View attachment 823106

Best i can do ... its simplyfied and two parted but maybe good enough ?!

Just place first Decal copy it and replace copy with second one to get exact position.

Rework done !

Attachments

• TSRTails2.svg
    12.9 KB · Views: 18
  • TSRTails1.svg
    12.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Can someone give this one a shot? I tried and failed. Original image isn't great. Pic of livery I am trying to replicate included for reference. The logo on their website is gray/light blue but I actually need it to be dark blue/light blue.

Attachments

• HPS Transport.zip
    192.6 KB · Views: 18
Got a couple more I need for a single livery. Trying to get this one as complete as possible without simply replacing them with other brands. Anyone have a few moments to spare? Greatly appreciated. Image of the car below for reference.

57377466_2301192906605893_4060735086939602944_o.jpg

Attachments

• GWR_logo.jpg
    GWR_logo.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 14
  • roladuct-logo.png
    roladuct-logo.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 15
Got a couple more I need for a single livery. Trying to get this one as complete as possible without simply replacing them with other brands. Anyone have a few moments to spare? Greatly appreciated. Image of the car below for reference.

57377466_2301192906605893_4060735086939602944_o.jpg
Here you go. They are both a bit different on the car than their actual logo. Hopefully these will do.

Attachments

• gwr.svg
    9.4 KB · Views: 19
  • roladuct.svg
    9.3 KB · Views: 13
@Maninashed forgot this one. Possible? Last one I need to finish the car and it's one of the big guys on the hood.

SS1_0823.JPG
Got to love how they change their logo for the race car. Different color is OK but the swirl under main text appears flatter (2nd decal is an attempt).
Small text is shorter and may even say something else. Can't read it on photo of the car so I just squeezed the text from logo png.

Attachments

• Airtag.svg
    13.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Airtag2.svg
    13.2 KB · Views: 17
Got to love how they change their logo for the race car. Different color is OK but the swirl under main text appears flatter (2nd decal is an attempt).
Small text is shorter and may even say something else. Can't read it on photo of the car so I just squeezed the text from logo png.
Really appreciate the work you guys put in. Wish I could do this stuff on my own but tried and failed. :( The flatter swirl looks perfect. Will get the car updated and posted shortly. 👍

Ooooooh boy, have I got a bundle for you guys this week...!?
Nah, seriously, I always have ideas that surpass my abilities, but I am always very grateful at the same time!

First though, @McDotter , this is what your efforts helped me produce...

7431515598001014320_23.jpg

Now for the decals I would like to have converted, if at all possible.

Abstract-PNG-Bakcgrounds-For-Flyers-1024x1024.png images (1).png

colored-abstract-shapes_1023-123.jpg download.png

fire-shape-png-vectors-psd-and-clipart-for-free-download-pngtree-tribal-flame-png-free-260_371.jpg kisspng-euclidean-vector-geometry-abstract-art.jpg

kisspng-shape-abstraction-abstract-art.jpg

With this one, could you leave out the border and put it on a clear background please.
images2.png

And with this one, a clear BG and leave out the word PRODUCTIONS.
681136928_780x439.jpg

Thanks for the work you guys do!

Edit: @Maninashed - Could you please help me out with any of these? If you are already working on them, could you let me know?

Last edited:
Hi all

Can anyone do a SVG white version no background of the attached logos for me please, as well as a version that only has the text "BREWDOG"

Attachments

• Bredog.png
    Bredog.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 15
  • brewdog-logo.png
    brewdog-logo.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Brewdog-Logo.jpg
    Brewdog-Logo.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest Posts

Back