GT Sport SVG request thread (Please read 1st post)

• Thread starter daan
  • 10,545 comments
Yeah, yeah, I know - I ask a lot... Seriously, I hate being a pain in the a**, but I am good at it, so here goes!

Ever since I was 13 I have been a fan of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Douglas Adams books in general. I would like to make a car livery as a tribute to the books but I would require far more decals than what I am presenting. I will make something on the simpler side that really only tributes the first book of the 5 book trilogy!

If the background on the first one can be erased in any way, that would be appreciated.

View attachment 729568 View attachment 729569 View attachment 729570 View attachment 729571 View attachment 729572 View attachment 729573 View attachment 729574 View attachment 729575
I got the two first ones down. Started working on the Milliways as it seemed fun to do, but I knew at the beginning it would be too big. And boy, I don't think SVGOMG can help this one, and tracing all the letters by hand would take forever, I'll just leave this screenshot here..
Skjermbilde 2018-04-12 15.24.05.png

Wish I could help more. Maybe the SVG gurus can help :D

I will however try to finish it and add it; but I doubt I get it under 15kb :nervous: I just need a little break.

Attachments

• Arkiv.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 15
I got the two first ones down. Started working on the Milliways as it seemed fun to do, but I knew at the beginning it would be too big. And boy, I don't think SVGOMG can help this one, and tracing all the letters by hand would take forever, I'll just leave this screenshot here..
View attachment 729577

Wish I could help more. Maybe the SVG gurus can help :D

I will however try to finish it and add it; but I doubt I get it under 15kb :nervous: I just need a little break.

I sort of thought that one might be a bit big. There are a few different ones, so I'll drop them below for you to take your pick of. I have also found two of the robot characters if you wouldn't mind doing them...

Marvin.png imageedit_4_6114540703.png imageedit_1_8852706111.png imageedit_4_5161031439.png post-125-1262523505.jpg

I sort of thought that one might be a bit big. There are a few different ones, so I'll drop them below for you to take your pick of. I have also found two of the robot characters if you wouldn't mind doing them...

View attachment 729667 View attachment 729668 View attachment 729669 View attachment 729670 View attachment 729671
I can't do any decals with gradients, like explained before gradients made in Affinity doesn't show in-game. I'll see what I can do on the other if I get time later, unless someone else do it before me :D

I can't do any decals with gradients, like explained before gradients made in Affinity doesn't show in-game. I'll see what I can do on the other if I get time later, unless someone else do it before me :D

I'd be curious to see a file with a gradient in it made with Affinity, if you don't mind posting one here. Not saying I can fix it, but for my own curiosity I'd like to see what it's doing wrong.

I'd be curious to see a file with a gradient in it made with Affinity, if you don't mind posting one here. Not saying I can fix it, but for my own curiosity I'd like to see what it's doing wrong.

In case you're still curious what could be different from gradient decals made in Affinity vs Inkscape or whatever you're using. I made this a while back.

Bigfoot.png

Attachments

• Bigfoot.svg.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 17
Needing help with a trace again fellas, This one shouldn't be too difficult I'd hope, And for anyone who manages it you'll get the recognition for me winning week 14 of the Photomode comps with it :sly: :lol:

AJLlDp2TfylfLqi4uFBgM076raqSLh_MyLanDSKIng=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Needing help with a trace again fellas, This one shouldn't be too difficult I'd hope, And for anyone who manages it you'll get the recognition for me winning week 14 of the Photomode comps with it :sly: :lol:

AJLlDp2TfylfLqi4uFBgM076raqSLh_MyLanDSKIng=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no
I'll start the bottom part ,or everything but the crown at this stage. Probably needs to be two decals anyway. From memory a royal crown was on here awhile back. I have a crown also but it is a bit different (more detailed). Will Look into that later.

I'll start the bottom part ,or everything but the crown at this stage. Probably needs to be two decals anyway. From memory a royal crown was on here awhile back. I have a crown also but it is a bit different (more detailed). Will Look into that later.

Thanks, Even something quick and dirty will suffice in all honesty seeing as the logo will be quite small on the car anyway so quality isn't a top priority :)

Thanks, Even something quick and dirty will suffice in all honesty seeing as the logo will be quite small on the car anyway so quality isn't a top priority :)
OK after I finished the bottom I read that. So I've included the crown I had... slightly modified to suit. That's all I have time for now so see how it goes.
lancy.png

Attachments

• lancashire.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 12
If anyone wants to do this one, go for it. It's not for me, it's just a general one that I feel other's may like or find a good use for...!

899px-Oslo_Lions_2016logo_std.svg.png

Could I get a pair of numbers in firestarter font? I’d like 17 and. 32.

I did 0 - 9 so you can make what ever numbers you want... I also did it with a gradient fill... they look a bit like this..

upload_2018-4-13_11-17-39.png

If you want 'em a normal colour just paint them in game.

You'll have to upload them yourself, 0 - 9 in the attached zip file.

Attachments

• 1f.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 25
That is really cool. Chrome base paint? Fantastic looking :D

Got it in one - chrome base!

I'm currently working on a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Viper with a different colour main vinyl and different wheels, but still with the chrome base. So far, so good...

So I've spent some time making this logo for my motorsports team, and tried converting it to SVG in Inkscape. But I haven't been able to get the file size below the GT Sport limit. If anyone could convert this for me, It would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• DW SimSports Logo.png
    DW SimSports Logo.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
Back