GT Sport Video Shows Off Improved Photomode and Scapes

That's my fear. The PS4 Share option screenshots are really crap quality. Lots of compression. I'm hoping PD implemented saving pictures like they have before, where pictures can be exported from the game directly to the gallery instead of having to use the Share button. That way, we'll have high res pictures and they won't be compressed or have extreme amounts of jaggies.
I saw an IGN video, and yes they are sent to the GT Sport Gallery which can then be exported AFAIK

Bit of a sad one, but I liked the fact that turning the steering wheel on the VGT Mercedes raised / lowered the front end.

Scapes does look impressive and the livery editor is a lot better than I was expecting from PD, good for them :)

For those who concerned about the Share button: we've seen the game will render the image once we choose the Shoot button.

So I think that would be like GT5 and GT6 which is going to save the file into the hard drive (and let us copy to USB or whatever we like), not requiring us to press the Share button. The game will do the processing for you.

And IIRC all photos will be rendered at 4K by default even on OG PS4.

I hope this clears confusion.

And oh if u think the PNG still bad, that could be from the game. Or you are seeing the image from Facebook/Twitter that already compress them.

I find it interesting so many people are into this. I recommend grabbing a camera and shooting the real deal! Now THAT is satisfying :D

Not hating, just find it interesting it's so popular.

I find it interesting so many people are into this. I recommend grabbing a camera and shooting the real deal! Now THAT is satisfying :D

Yeah, because I have access to race cars and highly yearned for vehicles on a whim. That's like me saying if you want to actually race cars, than go do it in real life. This is satisfying because I only have to spend $60($200-300 for me if I plan to get the game/console anytime soon.)

This gives me easy access to make pretty things without having to invest in multi thousand dollars worth of equipment, resources, all the while having a lack of access to said vehicles.

Yeah, because I have access to race cars and highly yearned for vehicles on a whim. That's like me saying if you want to actually race cars, than go do it in real life. This is satisfying because I only have to spend $60($200-300 for me if I plan to get the game/console anytime soon.)

This gives me easy access to make pretty things without having to invest in multi thousand dollars worth of equipment, resources, all the while having a lack of access to said vehicles.

Wow I didn't think I would read this ^^^ :sly:đź‘Ť If you could afford to push to the PS4 Pro I think it will make a big difference. It has so far in all my latest photos. :bowdown: I'm glad the new info and game is slowly pulling in a few guys in I thought would never have brought it a few months ago. :gtpflag:

The positive thing about your statement is that the pictures will look realistic compare to the video game pictures. You are very limited to what GT Sport can offer you.

The negative about your statememt is that in order to fulfil pictures like GT Sport, here are the things you will have to do:

- Spent crazy money flying around the world to find over 100+ cars in this game.
- Spent crazy money on camera equiptments.
- Take each of the 100+ cars in this game and either fly these cars or drive these cars to all the places in the Scape mode (1000 locations all over the world!!!).
- Hire people to do work for you. Unless you think you can do everything by yourself. Good luck with that!
- There's much more things to do in order to create pictures like Scape in GT Sport.

Unless you are a millionair and have lots of free time in your life, sure you can do everything GT Sport can do. And some of the Vision GT cars don't even exist in real life but only in GT Sport!

Last edited:
Wow I didn't think I would read this ^^^ :sly:đź‘Ť If you could afford to push to the PS4 Pro I think it will make a big difference. It has so far in all my latest photos. :bowdown: I'm glad the new info and game is slowly pulling in a few guys in I thought would never have brought it a few months ago
Oh when I decide to make the jump, I'm definitely aiming for the Pro. It's not even that expensive anymore, to be honest. I've always had interest in the system, there just hasn't been enough pull for me to get one. There are some games that came out very recently, and some in the future, that has pulled my interest, more so than GTS. GTS was not on my list, and it didn't really persuade me in that regard, but if I'm getting the console and the game is out, than why not give it a shot? If I don't like the gameplay, I know for certain I'll like the photography aspect of it at least.

The only complaint I have about the Scape mode is that I will have to take pictures of all 100+ cars in this game with over 1000 locations around the world. So if my math is correct, 100 x 1000 = 100,000 pictures!!!

But I believe there will be over 400+ cars in this game in the future. So let me punch in more numbers 400 x 1000 = 400,000!!!

That's a lot of homework to do. God have mercy on me!! ha ha ha

I am wondering if the PS4 Pro will have enough storage space to fit 400,000 pictures??? ha ha ha

The only complaint I have about the Scape mode is that I will have to take pictures of all 100+ cars in this game with over 1000 locations around the world. So if my math is correct, 100 x 1000 = 100,000 pictures!!!

But I believe there will be over 400+ cars in this game in the future. So let me punch in more numbers 400 x 1000 = 400,000!!!

I am wondering if the PS4 Pro will have enough storage space to fit 400,000 pictures??? ha ha ha

100.000 (or 400.000 in the future) if you ignore the livery editor alltogether.

i1Gvm2KvanTEU8E-860x484.jpg

Damn, thats the spot where I ride BMX Flatland with my friends every week! Right there on the right in front of the wall.
I can't wait to get back to Photomode now! :D

100.000 (or 400.000 in the future) if you ignore the livery editor alltogether.

AAAAHAAAHAAAHAA

Thanks my friend. I forgot about the livery for each car. So now for EACH Scape picture, you can take a picture of each car with no livery and a picture of the car with livery. WOW!!

And don't get me started with taking pictures of the car in DIFFERENT ANGLES with just one Scape scene!! (Front View, Back View, Side View, Angle View, Top View) ha ha ha

I just realized something, I am not going to have enough time racing cars but playing in the Scape Mode. ha ha ha

I do like Replay videos as well. And hope that GT Sport will have a great Replay video options as well.

AAAAHAAAHAAAHAA

Thanks my friend. I forgot about the livery for each car. So now for EACH Scape picture, you can take a picture of each car with no livery and a picture of the car with livery. WOW!!

And don't get me started with taking pictures of the car in DIFFERENT ANGLES with just one Scape scene!! (Front View, Back View, Side View, Angle View, Top View) ha ha ha

I just realized something, I am not going to have enough time racing cars but playing in the Scape Mode. ha ha ha

I do like Replay videos as well. And hope that GT Sport will have a great Replay video options as well.

With the livery editor and taking more than one photo per scape/car and all the replay standard photomode shots I will just call it a round 1,000,000 million photos ;) :cheers:

AAAAHAAAHAAAHAA

Add different colors for each car...

As a photographer myself, I can safely say that this will consume most of my hours in GT Sport. It's so bloody in depth and full of features, it's just gonna make me come home from work every day and relax taking pics of cars in strange places.

I'm also loving how Kaz, himself being a photographer, has implemented something he loves other than racing into the game and made it like no other. I don't even think if someone made a photography simulator could top this (unless you could more the camera 360degrees and walk around, which apparently you can't in scapes ): )

As a photographer myself, I can safely say that this will consume most of my hours in GT Sport. It's so bloody in depth and full of features, it's just gonna make me come home from work every day and relax taking pics of cars in strange places.

I'm also loving how Kaz, himself being a photographer, has implemented something he loves other than racing into the game and made it like no other. I don't even think if someone made a photography simulator could top this (unless you could more the camera 360degrees and walk around, which apparently you can't in scapes ): )
360Âş and walk around could be the next step...

Great to know that you have photography experience. I am sure you can help many people with this game to take some fantastic pictures in Scape mode.

Don't forget that you can have more than one car in a photo, so you need to account for all the possible combinations as well ;)

Edit: If you can have up to 4 cars in a scapes photo, and there are 100 cars to chose from, then the number of possible combinations is 95 million. Per scape. So with 1000 scapes that makes 95 billion photos. If each photo takes 5 minutes to prepare then it would take 903729 years to make it happen.

Edit 2: Actually, it's only 4 million combinations per scape. So 4 billion photos in total, and just 38025 years.

Last edited:
Back