GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
I'd hate to say this, but expect it to be in Gr. X. It is a track-only car that wasn't roadworthy as it has full racing technologies and a race-ready interior. Unlike the Aston Martin Vulcan which is barely even that (well there was only one road-legal conversion made, but the original has a semi-racing cockpit with a passenger seat).

It would be kinda stupid if the Pagani Zonda R were in Gr. 1, but that's unlikely though.
I can't stand gr,x it just feel like a forgotten Class. If the zonda r dosent end up in nclass. I hope they make a new Class for track day cars.
Gr,x is most useless Class in the game. Nclass has ton of use so has gr,1-4. What i like about nclass is becouse you have so many choises you can go from tex n300-n700

I can't stand gr,x it just feel like a forgotten Class. If the zonda r dosent end up in nclass. I hope they make a new Class for track day cars.
Gr,x is most useless Class in the game. Nclass has ton of use so has gr,1-4. What i like about nclass is becouse you have so many choises you can go from tex n300-n700
They should rename the current GR.2 to GT500 as it only features GT500 cars and and remake GR.2 as a only track car class.

That's a very good line up of cars, and I wonder if the Lexus will be a Gr2 car? We do need more of that.

I'm still not excited for the new track though.

There's only one thing being stiff is good for…

So actually, I liked my real life race car not stiff and soft. Grip level was more predictable, I guess.
That's not a good thing for a carbon chassis race car. You want the chassis to be stiff for various reasons. One big thing is the longevity of the car. You don't want chassis flex because that produces inconsistent handling.

In terms of real life, the older cars can perform at the same level as the new GT500's. They were restricted to a lower level of power and they were ballasted to a heavier weight than the current cars.

Zonda would be probably too slow for Gr.1 class and then too fast for Gr.3 class.. So maybe Gr2? But I don't know if it has enough downforce to stand against GT500. And then N700 or Gr.X.

Everyone seems to be going all-in with their chips that the center-bottom car is a Jaguar E-Type, but here's a hot take:

I don't know for how many of you that Gran Turismo Sport is your first GT game, but for those who can remember, back in 2012 this 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe won the Gran Turismo Trophy at Pebble Beach 2012. Since then, it has appeared in Gran Turismo 6 but in name-only; it was cut before the game's final release, and it was never added in the game via a content update. While the Jaguar E-Type remodeled to newer standards would be nice for the game, the Ferrari 500 would be a new car making its debut, and after all, the two other cars featured on that article that have won the Gran Turismo Trophy, those being the 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Coupe and the 1960 Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster, have made their debut in Gran Turismo 6 already and have also been already brought forth into Gran Turismo Sport.

And to be honest, the silhouette is not too far off from being a probable representation of the car:
6ccbv8Y.jpg

bEYELjy.jpg

The only part that matches up from the silhouette is the rear. I very well could be dead wrong, though; it's my hot take, after all...
Would be hillarious and sad if this comes out instead:
car_111_46737_555f3747045bf.jpg

A great car for sure. But its...not....new in GT.

50/50 between the thoughts of it being the Ferrari 288 GTO or the Lancia 037.

Also 50/50 between the thoughts of it being the Ferrari 500 or the Jaguar E-Type.

So the interest continues...

Worst thing is that since this is a road car, if this is actually eligible in "Nostalgia 1979" then it proves my point that such event is the exclusive club for the rich, not an actual representation for the classic race scene.

But there are 2 Nostalic 1979 events. One limited to race cars of the era (Professional) and one for any N class car that qualifies (Amateur)

It's not PD's fault that priceless, one of a kind race cars from the 60's are absurdly expensive.

This. They need to throw in the Zonda R, Vulcan and Amuse S2000 into that new class. After that I'll happily look forward to having the Ferrari FXX again.

Wow, a Zonda, and the R Version? Looks like I'm buying a new pair of headphones for the ultimate eargasm :D
I hope they don't mess it up:nervous:
BTW. Reallife Motegi Qualifying GT500 2016 and 2008:

View attachment 777170

So the 2008 cars fit into GR2 more than GR3
Wow, that is surprising. How? I thought the new Super GT cars were like 5 seconds faster...

Wow, that is surprising. How? I thought the new Super GT cars were like 5 seconds faster...
Yeah, I posted earlier of the Fuji Times. Motegi is a stop start track anyway. Try Fuji times with the long straight.

Yeah, I posted earlier of the Fuji Times. Motegi is a stop start track anyway. Try Fuji times with the long straight.
Yep, the current cars are way faster on Fuji; about 6 seconds. It's about the same on Suzuka as well.

It really depends on the track. On some technical tracks the old SuperGT cars are as fast as the new ones. But the new cars have more horsepower/are less restricted. That's why they are a bit faster.

But you also have to take into account that the tyres/wheels have changed over the last 8 years. The new ones are a bit wider and more grippy. Would be interesting to see an 2008 car with new SGT wheels and how much of a time difference it would be.

I only like the Series 1 coupe and roadster.

After that its all downhill culminating in the ridiculous XKE V12 which looks like its a pregnant E-Type.

Am I the only person who hates the e type? Looks like a clown’s shoe.

Ah, a fellow E-Type hater! I cant stand its over-high glass area in relation to the bonnet, its ridiculous narrow track in relation to its arches and its ugly bulbous rear end that makes a Mk2 Renault Meganes rear look handsome! Next to the E30 M3 it has to be the most over hyped car ever!

This. They need to throw in the Zonda R, Vulcan and Amuse S2000 into that new class. After that I'll happily look forward to having the Ferrari FXX again.
I will be ok with zonda r if the throw in it in n700 stock. Better that than gr,x. That is total useless. At least with nclass you can have it around n600-n1000. And have it against vulcan. And use it to grind money at blue moon

They should rename the current GR.2 to GT500 as it only features GT500 cars and and remake GR.2 as a only track car class.
Looking at lap times, you could put LMP2 cars into Gr. 2. I certainly would like that. Also, the LMP650 Porsche Spyder is a car I'd like to see.
Sad to see that the one year anniversary doesn't seem to mean anything to them. I was hoping for some sort of in game celebration or reward.
I prefer monthly free upgrades to one big anniversary thing. What did you have in mind what they should do?

...the E30 M3...has to be the most over hyped car ever!
with good reason. Name me a car today, that has the pedigree of an E30 M3. That would be over hyped as well. Can't deny what the E30 has accomplished, It changed the game, like the Austin Cooper, 911, R32. Sure, the E-Type needs a widebody kit, but it's a sports car....with a V12!

with good reason. Name me a car today, that has the pedigree of an E30 M3. That would be over hyped as well. Can't deny what the E30 has accomplished, It changed the game, like the Austin Cooper, 911, R32. Sure, the E-Type needs a widebody kit, but it's a sports car....with a V12!

Maybe on track it was ok but as a road car it was nothing special. I saved for a long time to buy an Evo2. What a disappointment. Got rid asap. Only saving grace was I got back what I paid, which was too much anyway! Nope, as a former owner I maintain - Overhyped!!

Back