GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
The same can be said about the 911 RSR GTE in GR.3 but we all know how dominant it is. Lets play it safe.
Lol, no.
The RSR is not overpowered, it is overused.
The Gr. 3 Corvette is a GTE as well. How dominant is it exactly?
The "simulation" is not nearly accurate enough to represent the performance difference between GTE and GT3. For the same reason, LMP2 and GT500 would work well together.
Real life lap times are not nearly as much apart for LMP2 and GT500 than LMP1 and Group C and also: The bigger problem in Gr. 1 ist not performance differences, but the different ways that lap times are achieved by an LMP1 and a Group C car as the drivetrain and aero concepts are so different.

9ce0a1a501b834ea2a4c043bf6dd201f.jpg

I gotta say, this "clown shoe" looks so much more plain and unappealing than some of Jag's later offerings.
JAGUARXJ-3499_1.jpg
The E_Type all class though. Shame they haven't given us a racing version, like the Group 44 I use, in PC2.
images

Being slotted in N-class is what I consider the lesser of two evils. I'm still adamant on pushing for a new class for the Zonda R. Maybe not in this upcoming update, but hopefully in a future update where they would bring back the Ferrari FXX.

As for the older GT500 cars, I'm not convinced that they would be slotted in Gr.2 at all. They don't have as much downforce as the newer GT500 cars; the super aggressive body work on the newer cars make those on the older cars look tame. And even if their power levels could be bumped up to 700hp, I don't think they're designed to handle that kind of power. After all, engine power does also affect handling in a way. They are, however, designed to work with ballasts (sometimes with significant amounts of it). For me it's either they'll have their own class or they'll be slotted in Gr.3 .
Bring it back??? Was it in GT6? I can’t remember :odd:

Lol, no.
The RSR is not overpowered, it is overused.
The Gr. 3 Corvette is a GTE as well. How dominant is it exactly?
The "simulation" is not nearly accurate enough to represent the performance difference between GTE and GT3. For the same reason, LMP2 and GT500 would work well together.
Real life lap times are not nearly as much apart for LMP2 and GT500 than LMP1 and Group C and also: The bigger problem in Gr. 1 ist not performance differences, but the different ways that lap times are achieved by an LMP1 and a Group C car as the drivetrain and aero concepts are so different.
The Group 3 corvette is not a GTE its a fictional GT3 specifications car based on the road going C7 stingray you are probably thinking of the C7.R the C7.R however has less power and its quite a bit lighter , the 911 is overused because its the best GR.3 overall just like the 919 Hybrid in GR.1.
You said the problem in GR.1 is not the performance difgerence
Ok lets see the advantages of LMP1 cars against GR.C and vise versa
LMP: Full time AWD = Better stability , Better traction out of cornerns , better tyre wear.
Hybrid system = better accelaration , better fuel economy
(and better starts as a side note)
Better Aerodynamics
7-Speed gearboxes
No turbo lag
Group C Cars: More power (in game)
Better top end speed
and better sound i guess?.
For the record i saw a group C car on a daily Top 10 leaderboard only once , so i thinks there is quite a difference.

The Group 3 corvette is not a GTE its a fictional GT3 specifications car based on the road going C7 stingray you are probably thinking of the C7.R the C7.R however has less power and its quite a bit lighter , the 911 is overused because its the best GR.3 overall just like the 919 Hybrid in GR.1.
You said the problem in GR.1 is not the performance difgerence
Ok lets see the advantages of LMP1 cars against GR.C and vise versa
LMP: Full time AWD = Better stability , Better traction out of cornerns , better tyre wear.
Hybrid system = better accelaration , better fuel economy
(and better starts as a side note)
Better Aerodynamics
7-Speed gearboxes
No turbo lag
Group C Cars: More power (in game)
Better top end speed
and better sound i guess?.
For the record i saw a group C car on a daily Top 10 leaderboard only once , so i thinks there is quite a difference.

Do they really have full time AWD? I thought the front wheels were only powered by the hybrid system (and thus only active when you have power available) ?

In GT6 was ~ 51000 credits, so it shouldn't be "milions" in GTS.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?make=47

IR

Yeah, but did anything in GT6 cost 15-20 million?

If not, then you have to ask yourself whether they are still using the same scale.

If there were cars that expensive, why would you think they wouldn't be in GT Sport?

In GT Sport we already have many cars in that price range, so it would be perfectly in keeping with this game.

I just recorded a lap time with the SC430 GT500 in GT6, and I already posted it in my thread but I thought I'd share it over here as well. From what I can see, the incoming pre-2014 GT500 cars seem to be a good fit for Gr.3 :

Car: Lexus DENSO Dunlop SARD SC430 '08
Lap Time: 1:55.297 (-0.704 against benchmark)
Course: Nurburging GP
Tires: Racing:Soft
Power: 479hp (Limiter at 100%)
Weight: 1200kg (Ballast at 100kg)

If anyone wants, I can edit this post to include my benchmark Gr.3 and Gr.2 times.

I just recorded a lap time with the SC430 GT500 in GT6, and I already posted it in my thread but I thought I'd share it over here as well. From what I can see, the incoming pre-2014 GT500 cars seem to be a good fit for Gr.3 :

Car: Lexus DENSO Dunlop SARD SC430 '08
Lap Time: 1:55.297 (-0.704 against benchmark)
Course: Nurburging GP
Tires: Racing:Soft
Power: 479hp (Limiter at 100%)
Weight: 1200kg (Ballast at 100kg)

If anyone wants, I can edit this post to include my benchmark Gr.3 and Gr.2 times.

Τhey won't be in GR.3 thats a fact.

Yeah, but did anything in GT6 cost 15-20 million?

If not, then you have to ask yourself whether they are still using the same scale.

If there were cars that expensive, why would you think they wouldn't be in GT Sport?

In GT Sport we already have many cars in that price range, so it would be perfectly in keeping with this game.
Only car from GT6 to take the price hike to 15 million was the Cobra Daytona, all the other super high price cars were the same way in GT6. Even then that's probably because its a Group X car now, the E Type should be around 50 or at most like 100k.

Τhey won't be in GR.3 thats a fact.

I'd be surprised if they were in Gr.2 . Even if their power can be bumped up to 700hp, their tech and aero are tame compared to the newer GT500 cars. Plus I think the extra 200hp would be just too much for the older cars to handle.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if they were in Gr.2 . Even if their power can be bumped up to 700hp, their tech and aero are tame compared to the newer GT500 cars. Plus I think the extra 200hp would be just too much for the older cars to handle.
As "unfair " as it may seem GR.2 is the group for every Super GT GT500 car so every car from 2005-present belongs there.

As "unfair " as it may seem GR.2 is the group every Super GT GT500 car so every car from 2005-preseant belongs there.

That would just make Gr.2 a complete mess. It would be like the case of Group C forced into Gr.1 all over again. Yes, the 2016 NSX GT500 and 2008 SC430 GT500 are both GT500, but they were built under largely different regulations that resulted in vastly different paces. Forcing them to race under one class is just crazy.

That would just make Gr.2 a complete mess. It would be like the case of Group C forced into Gr.1 all over again. Yes, the 2016 NSX GT500 and 2008 SC430 GT500 are both GT500, but they were built under largely different regulations that resulted in vastly different paces. Forcing them to race under one class is just crazy.
I know i know but GT Sport is the "officialy approved FIA game " so rules are rules.

To those that want the 2008 Super GT GT500s in Group 3, please watch this video.

That's a 1:51 around Suzuka, with worse aero and about 100 to 120 less horsepower. Prior to Suzuka's resurfacing, Class 1 / GTS Group 2 GT500s were doing 1:47s in Q.

I rest my case.

I know i know but GT Sport is the "officialy approved FIA game " so rules are rules.
To those that want the 2008 Super GT GT500s in Group 3, please watch this video.

That's a 1:51 around Suzuka, with worse aero and about 100 to 120 less horsepower. Prior to Suzuka's resurfacing, Class 1 / GTS Group 2 GT500s were doing 1:47s in Q.

I rest my case.

That 4 second difference is massive. But we could always hope for the best, wherein PD introduces a new class exclusively for the 2008 GT500 cars. I still don't want them in Gr.2, my video only serves to show how much an advantage the 2015 cars have over the 2008 cars. Neither do I actually want them in Gr.3, from what I see it's a matter of them getting shoehorned in an existing class (like what happened with Group C, which is terrible).

That 4 second difference is massive. But we could always hope for the best, wherein PD introduces a new class exclusively for the 2008 GT500 cars. I still don't want them in Gr.2, my video only serves to show how much an advantage the 2015 cars have over the 2008 cars. Neither do I actually want them in Gr.3, from what I see it's a matter of them getting shoehorned in an existing class (like what happened with Group C, which is terrible).
It is terrible but it makes sense techniclly speaking unlike GR.1 sooooo oh well.

Back