GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
I hope they'll add something more this time, not just cars and track... No news about weather etc, have a feeling they've ditch this...
If they offered it in TT Mode only, like on one or two tracks, I could see that over not offering it at all. It is what it is, though. Like it or not. Put it this way, most race drivers prefer a dry track anyway. ;)

I think our odds for a total Spec2 with weather and time of day progression are close to zero.

Why would PD give that away either for free or at a DLC level price, when they can get all us suckers to pony up for a full game any time they want to drop it?

I predict GTS2 in Nov 2019 with weather and ToD progression.

I think our odds for a total Spec2 with weather and time of day progression are close to zero.

Why would PD give that away either for free or at a DLC level price, when they can get all us suckers to pony up for a full game any time they want to drop it?

I predict GTS2 in Nov 2019 with weather and ToD progression.

I don’t believe we’ll see another GT game this gen, I think PD will push more content until they hit the 500 cars added and however many tracks they want in the game. A more traditional GT will arrive next gen.

I don’t believe we’ll see another GT game this gen, I think PD will push more content until they hit the 500 cars added and however many tracks they want in the game. A more traditional GT will arrive next gen.
this is true, whatever, the actual gen it is coming to the end.
1 Gran Turismo
800 Forza

Next gen is widely estimated to be 2020. And PD has never brought a game to market within a year of launch. So let's be ultra-generous (because it took 3 years after PS4 launch to get us to GTS) and say 2021...

You are willing to wait that long for weather and ToD when other games already have it?

If they offered it in TT Mode only, like on one or two tracks, I could see that over not offering it at all. It is what it is, though. Like it or not. Put it this way, most race drivers prefer a dry track anyway. ;)

I know... But imagine endurance race where those Wet and INtermediate tires would come to play...

I really liked how they did all back in GT6, not on every track, but it was there, 24h cycle, changable weather...

Next gen is widely estimated to be 2020. And PD has never brought a game to market within a year of launch. So let's be ultra-generous (because it took 3 years after PS4 launch to get us to GTS) and say 2021...

You are willing to wait that long for weather and ToD when other games already have it?
its not like this is something vital for us to live so it won't be hard to wait.

I know... But imagine endurance race where those Wet and INtermediate tires would come to play...

I really liked how they did all back in GT6, not on every track, but it was there, 24h cycle, changable weather...

I feel that is PD's modus operandi. Go for graphics first, then try to design a game around it. If features you want conflict with graphics, too 🤬 bad.

I rather prefer SMS's approach. design the features first, then squeeze the most out of the graphics those features allow. In fairness, compared to GT6, PC2's weather and time progression graphics are sublime. Not as sublime as GTS's graphics, but still a huge leap forward. But when those graphics come at the cost of major features from the previous game being lost, I'm not sure I agree with PD's priorities...

its not like this is something vital for us to live so it won't be hard to wait.

Racing without weather or time progression is vital. If you want it to be like racing, that is!

The point is, other games have it NOW. And it's looking like 3 years or so before GT gets them. Guess what those other games will have added by then that GT will be still playing catchup on?

I feel that is PD's modus operandi. Go for graphics first, then try to design a game around it. If features you want conflict with graphics, too 🤬 bad.

I rather prefer SMS's approach. design the features first, then squeeze the most out of the graphics those features allow. In fairness, compared to GT6, PC2's weather and time progression graphics are sublime. Not as sublime as GTS's graphics, but still a huge leap forward. But when those graphics come at the cost of major features from the previous game being lost, I'm not sure I agree with PD's priorities...

Racing without weather or time progression is vital. If you want it to be like racing, that is!

The point is, other games have it NOW. And it's looking like 3 years or so before GT gets them. Guess what those other games will have added by then that GT will be still playing catchup on?
Racing is Racing no matter the weather (weather is good sure) but if we have clean fun close races i coulden't give ****** about weather. Regarding your question i honestly don't know tbh this is the first GT i was skeptical about buying and the GT i enjoy the least (although thair are many ressons for that besides the game) i see GTS as the much needed regrouping title if they don't catch up or at least make respectable progress they will "lose me" as a costumer .

I kinda agree with @simsimsheree tho

PD is spending too much time on things that aren't really key to how the game actually plays. They only now learned to make good sounds. They scrapped weather/time cycle (when everyone else has it, in one way or another). It's like for every new thing PD adds to their game, they scrap two or three features that were in older games

And considering that PD is relatively small studio, which means that every man/hour counts. But they're spending it on Scapes and Museum while they could've at least put in more effort into Single Player content. Hell, even License tests are not finished, one year after release (they stop at Amateur i think it was, no Professional License tests)

I kinda agree with @simsimsheree tho

PD is spending too much time on things that aren't really key to how the game actually plays. They only now learned to make good sounds. They scrapped weather/time cycle (when everyone else has it, in one way or another). It's like for every new thing PD adds to their game, they scrap two or three features that were in older games

And considering that PD is relatively small studio, which means that every man/hour counts. But they're spending it on Scapes and Museum while they could've at least put in more effort into Single Player content. Hell, even License tests are not finished, one year after release (they stop at Amateur i think it was, no Professional License tests)
Thats true however as i said i have more important things to worry about use my time etc in fact during the 5 year big wait for GT5 i forgot GT outright for a whille its thair game thair choices , the outcome will decide if they are going to the top or die for good.

Thats true however as i said i have more important things to worry about use my time etc in fact during the 5 year big wait for GT5 i forgot GT outright for a whille its thair game thair choices , the outcome will decide if they are going to the top or die for good.
Pd don't care about being at the top. Kaz just wants to make his games and share his vision with players. That's pretty much it. If players don't buy into it, so be it.

Thats what i said.
It's pretty much what Kaz has said, when he said he doesn't look at what other games are doing. On the flip, I guess Sony executives, may remind him of a target. Popularity still breeds sales though. I wound up buying the game, 6 months after launch. Like many, I wasn't buying it as an online only game. I was ready for the long wait, if that was all it was to be.

Pd don't care about being at the top. Kaz just wants to make his games and share his vision with players. That's pretty much it. If players don't buy into it, so be it.

Watch PD lose their minds if they ever lose their top dog position. Watch Kaz lose his job (Sony hold a considerable stake in the franchise) if a mass migration happens. 'So be it' don't cut it when there's millions of dollars at stake. If Kaz's 'vision' is a pretty, but feature-poor game, it's a pretty poor vision!

S'funny how people that haven't played other GT games are content, though! If you never had time of day or weather, pretty easy to accept it not being in the game. But to watch GT grow and progress from GT5P>GT5>GT6, and then to watch it slip back content/feature-wise to before GT5 is a hard pill to swallow just for some pretty 4K graphics.

I gave GTS a chance. Hard not to once you had been playing for nearly ten years. But this one's my last. Eye candy doesn't make a great game. Great game features make a great game. If weather and ToD were possible on a PS3, PD should never have upped the lighting to the point that they couldn't run on a PS4. PC2 proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the platform has the horsepower to do them far better than GT6/PS3. And still have enough horsepower for a FAR better tire and physics model and some VERY fast paced AI. Try PC2/PS4Pro on a 4K TV if you want to see what can be achieved on the platform we already have!

PD face a very tough race these days. PC2 and AC have yet to dial in a great online lobby system, but little else is needed to utterly destroy GT. Eye candy just doesn't cut it any more. If the competition makes just a few minor tweaks, PD gonna have to pull a rabbit out of their hats.

Watch PD lose their minds if they ever lose their top dog position. Watch Kaz lose his job (Sony hold a considerable stake in the franchise) if a mass migration happens. 'So be it' don't cut it when there's millions of dollars at stake. If Kaz's 'vision' is a pretty, but feature-poor game, it's a pretty poor vision!

S'funny how people that haven't played other GT games are content, though! If you never had time of day or weather, pretty easy to accept it not being in the game. But to watch GT grow and progress from GT5P>GT5>GT6, and then to watch it slip back content/feature-wise to before GT5 is a hard pill to swallow just for some pretty 4K graphics.

I gave GTS a chance. Hard not to once you had been playing for nearly ten years. But this one's my last. Eye candy doesn't make a great game. Great game features make a great game. If weather and ToD were possible on a PS3, PD should never have upped the lighting to the point that they couldn't run on a PS4. PC2 proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the platform has the horsepower to do them far better than GT6/PS3. And still have enough horsepower for a FAR better tire and physics model and some VERY fast paced AI. Try PC2/PS4Pro on a 4K TV if you want to see what can be achieved on the platform we already have!

PD face a very tough race these days. PC2 and AC have yet to dial in a great online lobby system, but little else is needed to utterly destroy GT. Eye candy just doesn't cut it any more. If the competition makes just a few minor tweaks, PD gonna have to pull a rabbit out of their hats.

PC2 doesn’t run well on PS4 nor PS4 Pro, I’ve tried the game on both systems, obviously it runs a little better on the Pro but you try a full grid of AI with changeable weather and the framdrops are very noticeable, PC2 is a good game but you act like it’s miles ahead of GTS, maybe it is in some departments but for me anyways it’s just another driving game that makes the car feel like the most important thing were as GTS makes the racing feel like the most important thing and for me that’s the key difference. Sure GTS could improve it’s physics and certainly it’s tyre model aswell as sound but overall to me anyways it’s a very good game and with the content that’s been coming every month it keeps getting better.

I hope they'll add something more this time, not just cars and track... No news about weather etc, have a feeling they've ditch this...

Has there ever been a race with dynamic weather?
I don't recall doing one ever since I started the game.

The only ‘features’ I’m really interested in are more time of day conditions (particularly night time at Le Mans) and race brakes.

Race brakes are such an omission and makes upgrading power by any significant degree pointless.

As for content, wondering if Gr2 will get a Fuji event. 10 laps navigating past the Gr3 class will make for nice replays.

Maybe F1500 get a Catalunya race.

PC2 doesn’t run well on PS4 nor PS4 Pro, I’ve tried the game on both systems, obviously it runs a little better on the Pro but you try a full grid of AI with changeable weather and the framdrops are very noticeable, PC2 is a good game but you act like it’s miles ahead of GTS, maybe it is in some departments but for me anyways it’s just another driving game that makes the car feel like the most important thing were as GTS makes the racing feel like the most important thing and for me that’s the key difference. Sure GTS could improve it’s physics and certainly it’s tyre model aswell as sound but overall to me anyways it’s a very good game and with the content that’s been coming every month it keeps getting better.

Perhaps you weren't set up well, but with Enhanced Resolution on a Pro on a 4K TV it is quite acceptable. Plus, PC2 offers a MUCH larger AI grid than GTS. Max out GTS with 30 drivers, you'd probably see issues too. I find 20-21 quite easy on the eye. On console, online is limited to16 which is a shame.

Yes, you can get some framerate issues at certain times (a few minutes while going day to night and night to day have some issues with accelerated time but aren't bad when kept to realtime) but I never felt that they were so bad that having no time of day or weather was an acceptable substitute. And quite a lot of the weather is amazing. Did a qualy session at Bruno yesterday with rain ceasing in the middle, and watching the dry line evolve and having to decide whether to go to slicks is a paradigm shift beyond what GTS offers.

I guess 'miles ahead' depends on whether you consider graphics or gameplay your priority. But a pretty game, solid framerate and incredible car detail, at least to me, is not as important as mimicking (simming?!) the varied aspects of actual racing... Weather, time of day, time of year, track grip evolution, tire pressure differences, more accurate handling and tire models, multi-class, and AI that can be set to alien. To name just a few missing from GTS.

Not sure if you've played PC2 recently, but the last few updates fixed a bunch of niggling stuff. Possibly worth a re-try. Come at it from the viewpoint of a progression from GT6 (which is how I took it) and it succeeds at carrying on and improving the GT6 experience. Weather, ToD, large track list and car list, it was the logical progression of GT6. GTS isn't.

I agree, online, unless you have the time or inclination for league participation, PC2 is iffy at best. But that's kind of my point. SMS have FAR less to fix than PD when it comes to bringing out the über-racing game. GT may find itself in serious hot water should SMS address their console online issues (few of which are faced in the PC version).

It is sad that there is no proper evolution of GT6. GTS lost much of the variety of racing from GT6, huge car list, huge track list, time progression and weather. But PC2, although it extends all those features, falls short in the lobby.

Whoever fixes it all will win...

Woah hang on matey, that's a bit of an aggressive response. I don't think PD are like that at all. Graphics are important but I highly doubt that it dictates the entirety of the games creation. I think that's a bit far fetched IMO.

Back