GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
Woah hang on matey, that's a bit of an aggressive response. I don't think PD are like that at all. Graphics are important but I highly doubt that it dictates the entirety of the games creation. I think that's a bit far fetched IMO.

Agreed, sure he’s entitled to his opinion but he really is being over the top about it.

PD face a very tough race these days. PC2 and AC have yet to dial in a great online lobby system, but little else is needed to utterly destroy GT. Eye candy just doesn't cut it any more. If the competition makes just a few minor tweaks, PD gonna have to pull a rabbit out of their hats.

So what is the stage of PC2 and AC? Are the devs still pushing new updates online-vise? Do they arrange live online events?

Woah hang on matey, that's a bit of an aggressive response. I don't think PD are like that at all. Graphics are important but I highly doubt that it dictates the entirety of the games creation. I think that's a bit far fetched IMO.

Not really, IMO...

Is there honestly any other explanation for no weather and no ToD progression? PD blew the resources on a static lighting model that can't be made dynamic with the available power of the PS4.

There is a price that must be paid to achieve the level of detail and framerate stability that GTS gained over its competition.

Remember, these are important game features (highly touted at the time) from GT6. To drop them if the resources to implement them exist is a baffling decision.

So what is the stage of PC2 and AC? Are the devs still pushing new updates online-vise? Do they arrange live online events?

SMS just dropped their last DLC and update package a few weeks ago. No word as of yet if more is coming, but it's the end of the announced DLC. Updates may be ongoing, not sure as of this point. PC2 PS4 graphics have steadily got better. I was also horrified when I first booted it, but tweaks to the settings and several updates have brought it to an acceptable level, at least with a Pro and 4K HDR. As I said, I'd rather have weather and ToD than GTS's static level of graphics.

PC2's league support is pretty good. Plenty of organized leagues, especially in the PC sector. Console participation seems meager, particularly in the badly ported public lobbies. And sorry, but esports live events are hardly a replacement for core features. Go attend a REAL race... far more exciting!

It's a question of priority... I can understand others that accept graphics as the core requirement for a racing game, but for me, reflection of the actual conditions of actual racing are worth a few framerate and AA issues any day!

Last edited:
4cc2b6a65b3001431b8d68a977289fe6.jpg
595fef799ece2_Exterior-1-940x517.jpg

Hope the E-Type's comfort tires have white sidewalls like the Plymouth XNR. I think they look really good on the car.

Next gen is widely estimated to be 2020. And PD has never brought a game to market within a year of launch. So let's be ultra-generous (because it took 3 years after PS4 launch to get us to GTS) and say 2021...

You are willing to wait that long for weather and ToD when other games already have it?

GT3 was released within a year of the PS2 launching.

Though I agree with the overarching point.

So, "only" one track, I guess, after there was no new one during the American finals?

A bit sad if you look at the real world track roster. Two from Japan (three in fact, but it's two and a handling course), my favourite Australian one, in the meantime a bunch from Europe but none of the great US tracks. Was hoping for Laguna Seca at least which I actually got to know through GT2 as I wasn't watching US racing at the time, but with the sportscar heavy car roster, it would be great to get Long Beach, Sebring or Road America.
The R18 '16 even has the Sebring track map on its a-post :D

I have a strong feeling that PD will just make this update a regular one (cars + track only) and completely ignore the 1 Year anniversary thing

There are 11 real world tracks, with a 12th coming this week. That's averaging one a month. I'm cool with it. Hopefully, more to come.
I'm very much ok with the number of tracks as it is now, I just was hoping that we get one from North America as the IMSA track roster is really good and there is none of those in GTS.

Yes, I saw the down time message as well but there is a typo on the UK one. Someone in PD have forgot we just moved our clocks back one hour and put 05-00 to 07-00 BST when we all know we back in GMT until at least March

I initially wanted to be salty about PD's choice of the Zonda R over one of the 'regular' sexy Zonda's, but last night I decided to watch Tiff Needell's review after a few years of seeing it - I'm officially hyped about the R.

However, I still hope to see one of the sexy Zondas at some point (and S2000, etc.).

How's the Jag V12 going to sound? How is the 22B going to behave? Is the MINI going to handle like a go-kart or like the rest of the fwd hot hatches? Is that GTO going to leave some nice licorice strips on the road?

Last edited:
I initially wanted to be salty about PD's choice of the Zonda R over one of the 'regular' sexy Zonda's, but last night I decided to watch Tiff Needell's review after a few years of seeing it - I'm officially hyped about the R.

However, I still hope to see one of the sexy Zondas at some point (and S2000, etc.).

Hopefully PD do it justice like the NSX-R and Ferrari F40.

J.D
How much cr. will cost this Zonda ? i have nearly 6 millions ready for this new update.
Nobody knows until it arrives. Figure on it being probably the same price as it was in GT6, as that's normal so far - but beware that it could be a great deal more expensive, as the Shelby Cobra Daytona is.

The Group 3 corvette is not a GTE its a fictional GT3 specifications car based on the road going C7 stingray you are probably thinking of the C7.R the C7.R however has less power and its quite a bit lighter , the 911 is overused because its the best GR.3 overall just like the 919 Hybrid in GR.1.
You said the problem in GR.1 is not the performance difgerence
Ok lets see the advantages of LMP1 cars against GR.C and vise versa
LMP: Full time AWD = Better stability , Better traction out of cornerns , better tyre wear.
Hybrid system = better accelaration , better fuel economy
(and better starts as a side note)
Better Aerodynamics
7-Speed gearboxes
No turbo lag
Group C Cars: More power (in game)
Better top end speed
and better sound i guess?.
For the record i saw a group C car on a daily Top 10 leaderboard only once , so i thinks there is quite a difference.
They are not full time all wheel drive. Only under electric boost. Once you run out of juice, rwd only.

Nobody knows until it arrives. Figure on it being probably the same price as it was in GT6, as that's normal so far - but beware that it could be a great deal more expensive, as the Shelby Cobra Daytona is.
I see that in GT6 it costs 1,650,000 Credits but if it would be more expensive than Shelby Cobra Daytona around 15 millions it would suck. Zonda probably can't rival with Veyron and LaFerrari and we need more fast cars in the game.

Back