GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
The Group 3 corvette is not a GTE its a fictional GT3 specifications car based on the road going C7 stingray you are probably thinking of the C7.R the C7.R however has less power and its quite a bit lighter , the 911 is overused because its the best GR.3 overall just like the 919 Hybrid in GR.1.
You said the problem in GR.1 is not the performance difgerence
Ok lets see the advantages of LMP1 cars against GR.C and vise versa
LMP: Full time AWD = Better stability , Better traction out of cornerns , better tyre wear.
Hybrid system = better accelaration , better fuel economy
(and better starts as a side note)
Better Aerodynamics
7-Speed gearboxes
No turbo lag
Group C Cars: More power (in game)
Better top end speed
and better sound i guess?.
For the record i saw a group C car on a daily Top 10 leaderboard only once , so i thinks there is quite a difference.
You are right about the C7.R.
I still don't agree that the RSR is the best Gr. 3 car all around. It is a good car, but when it was only a tiny bit worse on BoP (I think it was only 2% less power), it was absent from top 10. People like it and are used to it, that's all. Me, I am not able to get a personal record time on any track with it as I am used to the AMG and it suits my driving style better.
It's not that lap times are simulated very well in GT Sport, let's face it, it's not a full on sim game. The difference between GTE and GT3 is to small to be simulated correctly by GTS.

Concerning Gr. 1: Yes, exactly! That's what I mean. The LMP1s are so much better in terms of cornering and acceleration that if you would try to make Gr. C competitive, you'd have to give them even more power which would screw up BoP even more. If both had similar drivetrain and aero concepts, you'd just give more power to one of the two and your BoP is alright.
But that's no issue with GT500 vs LMP2. GT500 are a tad faster, have about 650hp, LMP2 have 600. No hybrid or AWD involved. BoP would be easy here.

To those that want the 2008 Super GT GT500s in Group 3, please watch this video.

That's a 1:51 around Suzuka, with worse aero and about 100 to 120 less horsepower. Prior to Suzuka's resurfacing, Class 1 / GTS Group 2 GT500s were doing 1:47s in Q.

I rest my case.

Haha WOW

You are right about the C7.R.
I still don't agree that the RSR is the best Gr. 3 car all around. It is a good car, but when it was only a tiny bit worse on BoP (I think it was only 2% less power), it was absent from top 10. People like it and are used to it, that's all. Me, I am not able to get a personal record time on any track with it as I am used to the AMG and it suits my driving style better.
It's not that lap times are simulated very well in GT Sport, let's face it, it's not a full on sim game. The difference between GTE and GT3 is to small to be simulated correctly by GTS.

Concerning Gr. 1: Yes, exactly! That's what I mean. The LMP1s are so much better in terms of cornering and acceleration that if you would try to make Gr. C competitive, you'd have to give them even more power which would screw up BoP even more. If both had similar drivetrain and aero concepts, you'd just give more power to one of the two and your BoP is alright.
But that's no issue with GT500 vs LMP2. GT500 are a tad faster, have about 650hp, LMP2 have 600. No hybrid or AWD involved. BoP would be easy here.
I disagree but hey every has there own opinion . Fun fact the Raybrig NSX Concept-GT we curently have in the game does have a hybrid system but PD said whatever and let it slide under the rock.

To those that want the 2008 Super GT GT500s in Group 3, please watch this video.

That's a 1:51 around Suzuka, with worse aero and about 100 to 120 less horsepower. Prior to Suzuka's resurfacing, Class 1 / GTS Group 2 GT500s were doing 1:47s in Q.

I rest my case.

Gr.2,Gr.2!I want this new cars in Gr.rrrrrrrrr2. :rolleyes::bowdown::drool: .

That 4 second difference is massive. But we could always hope for the best, wherein PD introduces a new class exclusively for the 2008 GT500 cars. I still don't want them in Gr.2, my video only serves to show how much an advantage the 2015 cars have over the 2008 cars. Neither do I actually want them in Gr.3, from what I see it's a matter of them getting shoehorned in an existing class (like what happened with Group C, which is terrible).
Tyre development in that time will account for over 1 second. An extra 100bhp will gain a couple of seconds. Especially when you consider the older GT500’s power was underestimated. They were over 500bhp but official outputs (used ingame) where below even that.

Group C in Gr.1 is a different situation entirely. Not only are you talking about 25 year old cars. They also have widely different drivetrains and aero to modern LMP1.

That would just make Gr.2 a complete mess. It would be like the case of Group C forced into Gr.1 all over again. Yes, the 2016 NSX GT500 and 2008 SC430 GT500 are both GT500, but they were built under largely different regulations that resulted in vastly different paces. Forcing them to race under one class is just crazy.
You realise there's been a mix of different era SuperGT cars in each Gran Turismo? They can all win races against any of the others. Bop. Is. Bop.

@AlanH49 I think rather more than one second from tyres. That is the primary driver of faster laptimes one year to the next.

So, do not we have Laguna Seca?

Forbes wrong?
I already replied to this when you posted it in the other thread...
Forbes:

Catalunya and Laguna Seca.

Final: Monaco.
The Forbes article believes Laguna Seca is already in the game. As such, and along with the other inaccuracies, I wouldn't put any stock in anything in that piece.

I've contacted them for clarification however.

Interesting, I didn't know that.
Whooooppssyyy turn's out i was wrong they had a hybrid system during 2014-2015 sesson but they removed it in 2016 as it didn't go well for them with many reliability issues as a result 2015 was honda's first sesson without a single win since 1994.

Yeah, but did anything in GT6 cost 15-20 million?

All the 20 milions cars of GT6 (and from GT5) are in GTS except one .... (the most expensive standard car, the car based in the GT40 winner of the 24h of le mans, 1969)

If not, then you have to ask yourself whether they are still using the same scale.

If there were cars that expensive, why would you think they wouldn't be in GT Sport?

.... it could be that they (PDigital) consider the old cost correct for the game ...

IR

Whooooppssyyy turn's out i was wrong they had a hybrid system during 2014-2015 sesson but they removed it in 2016 as it didn't go well for them with many reliability issues as a result 2015 was honda's first sesson without a single win since 1994.
Do you know whether hybrid systems will still be allowed from 2019 on? Asking because of the regulation harmonization with DTM.

...regarding Gr.1 cars, LMP1 and Gr.C have many more differences then we have in game, a part of number of gears and power/drivetrain difference.

There is also difference in aero, which for some reason is same in all of the grouping.
Older LMP cars and newer ones have different aero, not to mention Gr.C cars which are totally on different level.
And there is also the thing with gearboxes, all newer Gr.1 cars (be it new LMPs or old ones, VGT I don't look at at all), Gr.C cars have basically manual shifters with 5 gears, where new LMPs have 6 semi-auto (except 919).

Then there is whole story about RSR, it is not proper GT3 car :) well, it is differently specified, yet PD decided to put it together with all GT3s (or Gr.3 if you wish). As far as I know Porsche has 911 GT3RS model that is in GT3 specification. Not sure if it is still used in GT3 leagues, but I know it is used in GT300 (SuperGT GT3 class).

PD needs to get rid of this stupid classing method, give as close as possible true values for power, weight, aero, fuel amount and fuel consumption. And there is already FIA BoP on this cars, they should use that...

Cheers...

Do you know whether hybrid systems will still be allowed from 2019 on? Asking because of the regulation harmonization with DTM.

Don't think they will change anything, if you are referring to SuperGT and DTM races. Hybrid system is only allowed in GT300... And the NSX GT500 has hybrid system disabled I think for 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancia or Ferrari 288 gto????

I think Ferrari GTO :)
GTO.jpg

Hybrid systems are banned from both categories next sesson. As a result the famous apr prius GT300 will get banned as well , rumors are saying apr will replace the prius with a Supra (the new one) next year. Also Super GT & DTM will do 2 joined races in 2019 for the first race 18 cars from Super GT will travel to Germany for the second race the entire DTM grid will travel to japan the tracks and race format are unknown as of this moment.

...regarding Gr.1 cars, LMP1 and Gr.C have many more differences then we have in game, a part of number of gears and power/drivetrain difference.

There is also difference in aero, which for some reason is same in all of the grouping.
Older LMP cars and newer ones have different aero, not to mention Gr.C cars which are totally on different level.
And there is also the thing with gearboxes, all newer Gr.1 cars (be it new LMPs or old ones, VGT I don't look at at all), Gr.C cars have basically manual shifters with 5 gears, where new LMPs have 6 semi-auto (except 919).

Then there is whole story about RSR, it is not proper GT3 car :) well, it is differently specified, yet PD decided to put it together with all GT3s (or Gr.3 if you wish). As far as I know Porsche has 911 GT3RS model that is in GT3 specification. Not sure if it is still used in GT3 leagues, but I know it is used in GT300 (SuperGT GT3 class).

PD needs to get rid of this stupid classing method, give as close as possible true values for power, weight, aero, fuel amount and fuel consumption. And there is already FIA BoP on this cars, they should use that...

Cheers...

Don't think they will change anything, if you are referring to SuperGT and DTM races. Hybrid system is only allowed in GT300... And the NSX GT500 has hybrid system disabled I think for 2018
PD did the right thing by puting the 911 in GR.3 imo the system is good (as far as race cars go) the only thing the need to do is create more classes like GR.C etc the big problem is on the N Classes.

PD did the right thing by puting the 911 in GR.3 imo the system is good (as far as race cars go) the only thing the need to do is create more classes like GR.C etc the big problem is on the N Classes.

Not complaining about Gr.3 at all, but would like to see GT3 cars only sometimes in races...

Regarding Gr.1, it need separarion. N class need's PP rating back from GT6, it wasn't perfect, but it did the job...

Not complaining about Gr.3 at all, but would like to see GT3 cars only sometimes in races...

Regarding Gr.1, it need separarion. N class need's PP rating back from GT6, it wasn't perfect, but it did the job...
The thing is we may only get a faw (if any ) GTE's it dosen't worth creating a new class for those as they are not so different like the Super GT's , i agree about GR.1 , even better than the PP system i suggest to split the cars according to type for example Super cars vs Super cars sedans vs sedans etc.

I say we need to abolish the N classes. Basing it on horsepower ALONE is stupid. Why can't we have a system like Forza?

I say we need to abolish the N classes. Basing it on horsepower ALONE is stupid. Why can't we have a system like Forza?
I don't know the Forza system either but why did they introduce the rating categories (topspeed, stability, acceleration etc.) and don't use it at least as start values for the N-class BoP? You could fine tune later as it was done in Gr. 3 and 4 (where by and large I find the current BoP ok atm).

It took awhile for SUPER GT to enter this game. now with older GT500 cars, I'm more confident that we'll see the same happen with past race cars....with a twist. Similar to the '65 Mini Cooper.

Back