GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
Thanks for taking the time to revise the cars. Its good to see a host trying to make the racing closer, rather than picking the fastest car and just trying to win.

As we are heading towards 13 pages, would it be useful to start up a Euro GT4 group?e we The group area could then be used to discuss technical details, track, settings etc? This thread could be used to promote the series more then - posting race reports and photos etc?

Just a thought....

Same here, with the single file going into double file and what not. But majority rules. :P

--

We will do 2 practice races before Qualifying next Saturday, both 2 laps each. 1 lap formation lap, 1 lap race leading on from the formation lap. Just because it's only 1 lap however doesn't mean you shouldn't be agressive and make contact with everyone.

Where ever the grid places you in each of these practice races, you must follow the formation lap procedure as explained above. The polesitter should wait 10 seconds before moving off.

--

Done a bit more testing in terms of straight line speeds. I'll do the tyre wear testing during next week. Changes:

Car: speed at end of Rome straight (mph) - changes in mods

Mustang: 147.5 (before 30 bhp was removed with limiter, see below)
Z4 M: 146 - power limiter is now 95.7% (power has been reduced)
350z: 146 - racing air filter and sports exhaust manifold have been removed.
Corvette: 145
M3: 144
370z: 144
GranTurismo: 144 - power limiter is now 83.6% (power has been reduced)
Evora: 142.5 - sports intake manifold added
Camaro: 142 - power limiter is now 83.0% (power has been increased)

I took 25 or 30 BHP off of the Mustang, down to about 395 BHP. I forgot to write down the figures so I'll update it tomorrow.

Mustang with 30 bhp removed: 145
Quick question. How did you gear the cars to determine the top end speed? I was going 145-147 in the race but I had set the transmission to account for the draft.

To be honest I would rather just keep the way this thread is going as it is. There isn't that much information to take in from the OP (compared to some other championships), once you've looked at it a few times anyway. It's good that this thread stays strong, to allow the extra few people we need to sign up, or for someone to jump in a race when we're a few people down.

Although I post here what I'm updating, it always gets put into the OP anyway. So if there's ever any doubt just check there.

I haven't changed the formation lap section yet because I think we should keep it the same.

If you want, we can get a group of us together during next week and practice some formation laps and rolling starts. 👍

EDIT: outlaw, I geared them as if they were on a qualifying lap without draft. Although some of them could have received a little bit of slipstream and still not topped out.

If you want, we can get a group of us together during next week and practice some formation laps and rolling starts. 👍
Count me in.👍

Hi I am interested but can I say some thing what's the regulations because I can't find them
PSN:topban82
car:????????
Car colour:???????
Edit:this is perfect times for me so :)

Hi I am interested but can I say some thing what's the regulations because I can't find them
PSN:topban82
car:????????
Car colour:???????
Edit:this is perfect times for me so :)
I suggest you read the whole OP.

Welcome.

I have but I don't see and regulations
Well, can you not even see the pictures?
Ok, go to the first post. Scroll down slowly. Do you see the text 'regulations'?

If not you really need new glasses.

EDIT: Might be easier to read for you.

Last edited:
w-g-e
Well, can you not even see the pictures?
Ok, go to the first post. Scroll down slowly. Do you see the text 'regulations'?

If not you really need new glasses.

EDIT: Might be easier to read for you.

See it I got a iPod so its a bit different but any way I had a look and I dont want to join so

See it I got a iPod so its a bit different but any way I had a look and I dont want to join so
I hope it's not me who has made you not to join this.:dunce:

Just seemed a bit strange you missed it.

EDIT: outlaw, I geared them as if they were on a qualifying lap without draft. Although some of them could have received a little bit of slipstream and still not topped out.
For the record, I went and did a few laps on Rome with the reduced power and was able to get it up to 145 mph. Just so we're clear, we're allowed to shorten the gears during qualifying? I thought we were not allowed to do that for some reason.

The best I was able to do was a 1:13.5xx when I had a 1:13.1xx during practice yesterday and my average times dropped by half a second. Just throwing that out there as a point of reference for everyone else.

For the record, I went and did a few laps on Rome with the reduced power and was able to get it up to 145 mph. Just so we're clear, we're allowed to shorten the gears during qualifying? I thought we were not allowed to do that for some reason.

No. You have to setup your car for qualifying + the race before qualifying starts. You cannot exit the track during qualifying to extend your gears for the race.

I was only using shortened, no-draft gear ratios so that all cars would be equal when I was testing them and their top speeds. It doesn't matter if they're the speeds you weren't or were getting during the race, I was only doing it to compare each car to make the appropriate changes. 👍

No. You have to setup your car for qualifying + the race before qualifying starts. You cannot exit the track during qualifying to extend your gears for the race.

I was only using shortened, no-draft gear ratios so that all cars would be equal when I was testing them and their top speeds. It doesn't matter if they're the speeds you weren't or were getting during the race, I was only doing it to compare each car to make the appropriate changes. 👍
Understood. 👍

The two original tracks I liked the most, other than High Speed Ring, they took out of GT5 from GT4 (El Capitan and Apricot Hill), and I seem to be the only one who likes High Speed Ring...

So I vote for High Speed Ring Reverse!

I love how you lot are so Eiger (get it?! :D)

PM's have been sent. :)

The following changes have also been made:

• 1st place now only scores 14 points, rather than the previous 15.
  • The ballast for the Mustang has been increased from 49/29/9 to 59/39/19. This is because this car is penalised the least when receiving ballast. Although the car is still penalised the more ballast it receives, more weight towards the back helps the car understeer less. This because the Mustang has a 65% front / 35% rear weight balance at stock, whereas all of the other cars have a 47-53% front / 47-53% rear weight balance at stock (apart from the Evora which is 39 / 61).
  • Seeing as I don't want to hand out points for pole position and fastest lap, a 1 million credit prize will each be handed out to the drivers who achieves the most Pole positions and the best fastest lap overall time. For example:
Driver A achieves a fastest lap of 1:21 in race 1, 1:40 in race 2. Driver B achieves a fastest lap of 1:20 win in race 1, a 1:50 in race 2. Although each driver has each set a fastest lap, Driver A would recieve the prize because he has the best overall fastest lap time, 9 seconds quicker than Driver B.

Click for the Pole Positions and Fastest Laps Table. (you can also check driver results, standings and ballast by switching sheets in the bottom left hand corner)

That's all for now folks!

Just to say I ain't joining because there is no aids and I am rubbish with no aids but if there was traction control or ASM aloud I would join

Just to say I ain't joining because there is no aids and I am rubbish with no aids but if there was traction control or ASM aloud I would join
Some of these cars are quite easy to handle (instead I think only the Mustang is a bit harder to drive). Besides that you can ask for a tune or tune them yourself to suit your driving style.💡
No aids needed I think.

Hey Aderrrm.
May I join this weeks race?? :D
If so I'll use the Evora since there is only 1, acording to the drivers list.

May I join this weeks race?? :D
If so I'll use the Evora since there is only 1, acording to the drivers list.

Sure thing. Yep there's only 1 Evora at the moment. I'll add you to the sign-up list then you can race when ever you like because I know you're a clean driver. 👍

Make sure you apply the correct mods, and could you please PM me with car colour and what original GT track you would like to race at this week. :)

Sure thing. Yep there's only 1 Evora at the moment. I'll add you to the sign-up list then you can race when ever you like because I know you're a clean driver. 👍

Make sure you apply the correct mods, and could you please PM me with car colour and what original GT track you would like to race at this week. :)

Ok.
Will do it tonight when I'm on PS3.
If you're testing let me know it through PSN and I'll join you. 👍

Latest Posts

Back