GT4 Master Car List

• Thread starter The359
  • 3,483 comments
No, it was on the car list supplied by IGN for cars available at TGS. Screenshots are likely to come soon though.

hmm....that red car is not AE86. It's ISUZU PIAZZA.
Nothing new except gold volvo.
The Silver hatchback at bottom is Celica XX 2800GT
The Blue hatchback might be AUTOBIANCHI A112 Abarth
The Grey hatchback in middle is NISSAN Be-1

Just nitpicking, but how come Jay Leno's Tank Car isn't on the list, even if it's on the same screen as the Hommel Berlinette?

If it's because it's a home-made vehicle, just put it under "Other", or perhaps "Jay Leno's".

Close, but not close enough eh? I think we have done remarkably well though to discover most of the cars in the game, or those POSSIBLY in the game to have got such a huge number, so Bravo too all those who contributed to this list!! :) :)

I didn't put Jay Leno's tank car in because I'm not sure where exactly to put it. If anything it might be under Chrysler (since its a Chrysler engine).

The359
I didn't put Jay Leno's tank car in because I'm not sure where exactly to put it. If anything it might be under Chrysler (since its a Chrysler engine).

I would indeed categorize it under Chrysler. I believe it was the hotrod builder Chip Foose who actually made it though (don't quote me on that, might be wrong).

No definetly not foose. I watched a show (maybe one of the special monster garage episodes where they go out and see odd creations other people have made) and they did an interview with the guy who made it and with leno and showed some of his other tank cars. I'll look into it.

xcsti
No definetly not foose. I watched a show (maybe one of the special monster garage episodes where they go out and see odd creations other people have made) and they did an interview with the guy who made it and with leno and showed some of his other tank cars. I'll look into it.

Cool, be sure to let us know ;)

It was a collaborative effort. Two guys Randy Grubb and Mike Leeds made the body and put the engine in it. I think they founded a business afterwards to make more and that was part of the show. Leno's own garage replaced a lot of the internals and made the car road legal. Here's a clip about the engine.

"This engine is an AV-1790-5B and it's 1792 cu. in. It has overhead cams and Hemi heads. Since it was designed to move a tank, it puts out 810 hp and makes 1560 ft.-lb. of torque."

GM actually had a hand in the car by providing and setting up the transmission. Can't wait to drive it!

Dev_Zero
Very nice specs there!! But the thing also weighs 5 tonne...

With all that torque, only a twisty road will make those 5 tonnes come to play! Also, try to imagine the fuel consumtion of that machine - it certanly will be very interesting to drive, especially now that GT4 simulates fuel consumtion!

0.015Mpg, but I bet the tank is as big as the engine relatively so you'll last long enough for a short race, or a lap of the ring.

"Remember, this motor was used in a tank that weighed 92,883 pounds--empty. Fully armed, the tank weighed 101,775 pounds. With 233 gal. of 80-octane fuel in its tank, the Patton would travel about 80 miles. That's about one-third of a mile per gallon."

lets see If the car is one tenth of the weight and has better aerodynamics maybe it makes a fewmiles to the gallon like the average fully tuned race car.

Originally posted by the359 in the photo thread
The two cars in the back are the Castrol-Mugen Honda NSX and au Cerumo Supra, they're both outdated as well.

That is in fact the Loctite Mugen NSX, which incidentally is absent from the list. 359, what are your current thoughts on the inclusion of former JGTC cars like the aforementioned NSX?

Edit: the Mobil 1 NSX, Loctite Mugen NSX and Penzoil Zexal GTR feature heavily in TGS shots. Has anybody come across pics of the blue Xanavia Hiroto GTR as it is the final 01 JGTC car to be confirmed?

It will be interesting to see if the GT3 JGTC cars turn up. The 00 Castrol supra seen in the PSP movies seems to be a good omen.

This it?
jag1.gif

98cobra
Thanks, but I meant from the game. Believe me when I say I know what an E-type looks like, ie. the one you posted is the later S2. I'm interested to see what kind of job they've made of that great car. :)

I'm debating the old JGTC models merely because going by what KY has done previously, the only old cars he tends to include are past champions (hence why the Pennzoil Skyline GT-R is always in). All the old cars we've seen are also from GTC, so I think that they were merely taken and put into the game for these screenshots just so they have SOMETHING to show off.

Hence for now I'm only putting past champions and 2003-spec JGTC cars. Until I see an old JGTC car as selectable in the garage to be used by the player, then I'll keep it off.

The 359,

Did you put the 2004 Xanavi Nismo JGTC 350Z, because it is showcased in some pics from TGS GT4's press conference.

Heres the pic:

BTW, keep up the good work 👍

See ya :sly:

Attachments

• JGTC.jpg
    JGTC.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 60
Back