GT4 Master Car List

• Thread starter The359
  • 3,483 comments
PD did the same thing with GT2, orginally they said 300 cars, then months before the release it jumped to 500, final game had 598. they say say 650 now but the final number should be closer to 800 if not more. If they do in fact include different versions(year layouts) of tracks i see how they can get to 100.

KY also said he wanted to include well over 1000, so I'm thinking 650 is a bit on the conservative side too.

The359
I'm debating the old JGTC models merely because going by what KY has done previously, the only old cars he tends to include are past champions (hence why the Pennzoil Skyline GT-R is always in). All the old cars we've seen are also from GTC, so I think that they were merely taken and put into the game for these screenshots just so they have SOMETHING to show off.

Hence for now I'm only putting past champions and 2003-spec JGTC cars. Until I see an old JGTC car as selectable in the garage to be used by the player, then I'll keep it off.

Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo-R ('90)
Supra 3.0GT Turbo-A ('88)
Supra (Tom's Castrol JGTC '01)
Supra (Esso Ultraflo JGTC '01)
Supra (au Cerumo JGTC '01)
Supra (Tom's WoodOne JGTC '03)*
Vitz Turbo 5-door
Vitz RS 1.5* ('00)

Interesting point concerning former JGTC cars, I was similarly cautious before the TGS shots. Nonetheless, if you are continuing with the view that only former champions are to be included, what is your reasoning behind listing the 01 Esso Supra and 01 Castrol supra?

Well, I don't think we'll see 1,000 cars, because 650 is the amount they have now, ruffly. Plus, the time now, and when the game is finally released is so short, I can't see how PD could that many by then. Though, the 650 car count the released could be understated.

Apparently KY said that the final version of the game will feature over 650 cars. IGN (I believe) had a list of 'all 650 cars in the game'. Now, if the game is supposed to have 'over 650' as KY said, then how could IGN have a list of 'all 650 cars in the game'? Sometimes these game sites do a good job of making themselves look stupid.

I'd have to agree that 650 is a conservative estimate. From the looks of things, PD has been having trouble with the online component of the game, and SCE has decided that they need to get the game out before the holidays, even if it means that a new title will come out next year with such capabilities added in. Now, I'd say this time around we're going to have about 740 cars, judging by the original 500 car count before release that ended up counting to 598 in GT2. I'm not even going to get into whether or not Ferarri, Porsche, or Lamborghini will be a part of those cars...to be honest, I could care less if they are or not...the sheer car count alone will make up for that.

I wouldn't be too scared with the list as it is...it could very well change from now til December..."over 650" is not "Under 652", and leaves a lot of numbers for guessing. But even then...if a new version is coming out next year with an online mode and more than likely more features, wouldn't it be feasible to think that there will be even more vehicles in that release as well? The framework for such a game, if it is released on PS2, is basically completed with GT4's engine, so the addition of an online element could be very well balanced with the addition of many more vehicles. I think we're in for a good run of total awesomeness as far as GT4 is concerned.

I'd say it only gets better from here.

-Metzger

I have it now so that the 2001, 2002, and 2003 champions are included on the list. The 1999 Pennzoil Skyline has been seen in screenshots but due to the lack of the 2000 champion, I'm leaving it off because I'm guessing neither car will make it into the final game, they're probably getting too old now.

The359
I have it now so that the 2001, 2002, and 2003 champions are included on the list. The 1999 Pennzoil Skyline has been seen in screenshots but due to the lack of the 2000 champion, I'm leaving it off because I'm guessing neither car will make it into the final game, they're probably getting too old now.

359, where have you seen the 02 Esso supra? All of the JGTC cars that were featured in Tokyo 01 and Geneva 02 were from 2001. These aren’t the best pics, although you can see the addition of Forum Engineering sponsorship on the 02 car.

Attachments

• 014_006a.jpeg
    014_006a.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 023_05.jpeg
    023_05.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 28
Well the major difference is actually the front fender, which is different from 2001 to 2002. If anyone has a screenshot of the car from the side, that'd help determine it because I'd be willing to bet good money that the small sponsership thing is a slight mistake.

The359
Well the major difference is actually the front fender, which is different from 2001 to 2002. If anyone has a screenshot of the car from the side, that'd help determine it because I'd be willing to bet good money that the small sponsership thing is a slight mistake.

Got a paypal account 359?
Note the Esso logo on the top of the 2002 car pictured below. In both GTC 01/02 the esso roof has two large yellow Esso Mascots instead of the logo…

Attachments

• 2002052650056006GT03G12.jpg
    2002052650056006GT03G12.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 27
Pic of a model 01 supra below. This motif is on the Esso in both GTC 01/02. By the way, I have GTC 01 NTSC/J, GTC 02 Pal, GTC 02 NTSC/J. Now about payment…shall we say 50 US?

Edit: here is the 2002 to compare with

Attachments

• supra-JGTC2001-esso-500-front-3Q.jpg
    supra-JGTC2001-esso-500-front-3Q.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Esso-02-supra-front-550.jpeg
    Esso-02-supra-front-550.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26
I'm going to keep the Williams in the same league as the Jay Leno Tank Car, as a car that I have no clue where to put it at the moment, so I'll figure it out.

I think the human element/getting to see the driver on convertible cars are awesome! But, so far all we have seen with the top down are the Fairlady Z (Nissan Z) and the Cobra... We need to make a list of all convertible cars!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. There is also a good amount of convertible cars seen with the top up on the game...I wonder if there's gonna be an option to drive them with the top down.

The359
I'm going to keep the Williams in the same league as the Jay Leno Tank Car, as a car that I have no clue where to put it at the moment, so I'll figure it out.

You could always add a 'Special Vehicles' or 'Additional Vehicles' section.
👍

By 359:
I'd be willing to bet good money that the small sponsership thing is a slight mistake.

Now that you have amended the supra, MR ESSO suggests that you put your ‘good money’ where your mouth is…. :)

Attachments

• esso0303306117.jpg
    esso0303306117.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 32
trEVO
The IGN car list lists the BMW Motorport M3 GTR separate to the M3 GTR Race Car, which implies that the road car version will also be included.

BMW Motorsport
320i Touring Car (2003)
M3 GTR (2003)
M3 GTR Race Car #42 (2003)
McLaren F1 GTR (1997)
V12 Race Car #15 (1999)

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/550/550814p1.html

m3_gtr_street2.jpg

They need to include some E36s to this list! How can they have 650 cars and NO BMW E36? the real M3 E36 was already spoted on one of the prologue videos but no in-game model yet. :ill:

Do you see 650 cars on my list? No? Well then I guess that means that some more might be revealed, including maybe older BMWs...

In Japanese GT fan site, some people said that there is road version M3 GTR
and Racing M3 GTR.

It was also playable in TGS. We don't have pics, but I think it is true.
So, please be happy. E36 M3 GTR is in.

Can someone show me a screen or link with the Jaguar E-type?
I havent seen it in a screenshot, but in the list its black, so seen in a screen?!!

Not seen in a screen, but confirmed as selectable at the TGS. Still waiting for someone to have screenshots of the car selection menu.

Back