GT4 WRS Week 149 : When The Going Gets Tough...

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 147 comments
EDK
And ditto to the thanks for Steven's hard work. You are a great soldier when it comes to the Luxy updates!
... and while we're on the subject Thanks for all your hard work on keeping up with our posts.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: Thanks in return for the kind words. I hope to keep up this work for a long time to come.

:cheers: to you guys.

And while we speak of the board, updated again 👍 up to post 123. Welcome to WRS Austin!

Thank you, amemyarz! I'm not likely to stay in Div. 1 for long, though, judging by how I've performed practicing the weeks in the archive. My times this week are enough of an embarrassment to the division that I probably won't post them.

No improvements this a.m.! I'll give it an hour or so later today and then mail it in.:grumpy:

Hey Hugo, when are you going to stop dragging your feet. It must be real hard on the shoe leather.:sly:

How's that shoulder doing there Kenny??:ill:

First splits, probably bringing up the rear of D1:
T1 - 19.605
T2 - 54.863
Finished feet ahead of my dirty ghost despite being 1.5 seconds ahead in the tunnel, trying to tiptoe through and get a clean lap in. Plus, I'm wheelspinning everywhere. So I know I can improve a lot.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, 320 gearing.

Edit #2:
T1 - 19.360
T2 - 54.521
Over a second faster at the line 👍

I finally managed to put together a clean lap under my goal. :)

Updated splits are -
55.454 :eek: (For Me)

I seriously doubt I will be able to improve on these, but I am not going to submit yet. Will probably give this one more go tonight. 👍

The lap right before this one had a 19.6XX T1 but a 55.7XX T2. I am still about 0.3 from my limit and might be able to squeeze 0.5 out if I got really lucky. :sly:

We shall see.........

GL to all still on the prowl.

:cheers:
Kevin

Bah! Humbug!

For some reason I keep hearing echoes of 'Tommy' ringing in my ears as I drive (the old codgers amongst us will get that one :-)).

I wish I had joined in this race at the start of the week! This is my result in the morning of the third day:

0'57.237

Continued meager improvements...
T1 - 19.124 (saw 18.9xx :eek:, before I immediately stuffed it :grumpy:)
T2 - 54.276
Still lighting up the rear tires every other turn.

Nice improvement, Xalelexx.

Thank you, amemyarz! I'm not likely to stay in Div. 1 for long, though, judging by how I've performed practicing the weeks in the archive.
LOL the only one that'll demote you will only be you, not the steward or any other of us :)

... thanks for doing a leaderboard Bigracer.
You're very welcome my new WRS friend 👍

and, of course, LU

Its always best to throttle control 3rd gear in this beast. Good luck doing it effectively on a ds2 tho :nervous: it can be done but not as smooth as the wheel. Took about 3 laps on the DFP, nothing really clean to post :/ Maybe this weekend.

Jerome
Where ya at mang? :ouch:

Taking the long way around a couple corners and definitely not being as nice as I should be to the go pedal... Might come back to it later. :)

Where ya at mang? :ouch:

Taking the long way around a couple corners and definitely not being as nice as I should be to the go pedal... Might come back to it later. :)

Welcome home, Kyle!

How was Germany, and did you drive the ring?

Congrats on the D1 podium last week, BTW. 👍

Worked on it for a couple more hours. It's been a tough week for me. Time submitted.

EDK
I finally managed to put together a clean lap under my goal. :)

Updated splits are -
55.454 :eek: (For Me)
Kevin

That is some commitment there gtbadboy. Thats the way man. I was hoping to be able to run some more laps and try to beat Hugo once in my life, but the shoulder really hurts. I've had it tucked under like a chicken wing all day. :grumpy:

Hey Kevin, looks like a gold and a probable win with those splits. I know I was a bit cautious after T2 on most laps.

Good going guys. :cheers:

Will be submitting a lap with the previous splits.

Take care of that shoulder Kenny!!! We need you racing with us mate but not at the expense of your health. :ouch:

BTW thanks for the kudos but, I think I just got tired. I tried walking an extra 1/2 mile today and it took a little out of me.:ill: No level walks up here you know. It's either all up or all down for half of the walk and sometimes it feels like up hill both ways eh?? :scared:

Get some rest and get that shoulder looked at!!:grumpy:

Take care of that shoulder Kenny!!! We need you racing with us mate but not at the expense of your health. :ouch:

Get some rest and get that shoulder looked at!!:grumpy:

Thanks Ron.

...the tough get going. how are ya peoples? i'll be back here racing when gt5 prologue comes out here in australia, cheers

That is some commitment there gtbadboy. Thats the way man. I was hoping to be able to run some more laps and try to beat Hugo once in my life, but the shoulder really hurts. I've had it tucked under like a chicken wing all day. :grumpy:

Hey Kevin, looks like a gold and a probable win with those splits. I know I was a bit cautious after T2 on most laps.

Good going guys. :cheers:

Will be submitting a lap with the previous splits.

Thanks Kenny. I was all out after T2 on this one, as I had previous saves with slower splits and solid finishes. My last sector was about as fast as any I had. Hoping I will hang on for the win as well :scared:

I was hoping to get past a D1 guy as well, but I am guessing Hugo found some 10ths I could not in that last sector.

Seems Monaco is good to me, although either you or badboy manage to get injured during the week when we run here :ouch:

Rehab that shoulder so you can help make a run at those D1 guys in week 150. 👍

Kevin

EDIT: Time submitted with last splits as shown on Luxy.

A lost shot at a respectable Div II time ...

Went a bit long on the last hairpin but gulped down a handful of brave pills and went full steam through the entrance to the back corridoor so think the finish was reasonable.

Good luck to all of those still hammering out those last tenths. I submitted the lap matching the splits on the luxy board. I only made two good runs at this week as the throttle control with this beast was just a lot. Well I did make a run last night but if pulled over on the track, I would have blown over the limit. I made it about 5 laps before I got sick of bouncing off the walls. On to week 150!

EDK
Welcome home, Kyle!

How was Germany, and did you drive the ring?

Congrats on the D1 podim last week, BTW. 👍
Thanks man! SADLY, no, I did not get to drive the 'ring... I was going to go on the 1st, but mother nature decided to STORM down on Germany that day, leaving me with no option but to give up my hopes and plans. It's just too early in the year, although if the storm waited another day, I would still be in Germany(or, on a different, later flight at the least). As it were, I almost got held up thanks to the thunder, winds, hail and rain, but thankfully I was able to still snag a seat on my scheduled return flight. I sure wish I could've done a good few laps though, I was more than ready to pay for it... :ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
...the tough get going. how are ya peoples? i'll be back here racing when gt5 prologue comes out here in australia, cheers
Well, lookie who it is! Sadly I won't have GT5 until the full meal deal comes out... :guilty:

Did a "few" more laps(originally waking up 24 hours ago is starting to pull a strain on me, sleeping on the plane and trains or not...) and came up with NOTHING. Lol. I've been whittling at it trying to tie something together, and all I do is get faster and faster dirty laps. I'll squeeze something in in the morning, hopefully I can put a lap together. Should be able to realize a 54.099-54.499 with a decent finish.

FINALLY, something clean and decent. Will try for a little longer before I submit to try and get closer to that last .2 in each sector I left...

EDIT: This'll do.

Submitting now!

A sweet, stressful race, lol. I'm so shaky right now it's not even funny. PHEW! Glad I got something that was right where I was headed. 👍 👍 Time to get ready for work!

I'll squeeze something in in the morning, hopefully I can put a lap together. Should be able to realize a 54.099-54.499 with a decent finish.

FINALLY, something clean and decent. Will try for a little longer before I submit to try and get closer to that last .2 in each sector I left...

Submitting now!

A sweet, stressful race, lol. I'm so shaky right now it's not even funny. PHEW! Glad I got something that was right where I was headed. 👍 👍 Time to get ready for work!

Nice t times there Kyle. Georgetheracer and I were just watching some replays of the Forula GT and I'm a bit shaky myself. :scared:

Time submitted from my most recent splits. Got close a few times but couldn't beat that one, not surprising since it beat my previous best T2 by nearly a second. Good luck to all who didn't get going, it was definitely tough racing but worthwhile as it was my first outing at this track and one I definitely needed to learn.

Now if I can just stop hearing tires screech in my sleep ...

Submitted. Only got a chance to do 2 runs on this and actually had worse splits on submitted lap than those I posted but overall beat lap by a second. Don't know if I would have figured it out anyway.

I'll make a last ditch effort before subing but I have no idea what will come of it. That 53.4x is dirty and my current best save is from a 53.7x, I'm all over the place, I even have a clean save with a 53.2x and super slow last sector :dopey:

See ya all at the line.

Back