GT5 Academy edition - 32 in lobby 16 driving 16 watching

This upgrade would be worthwhile *only* if the 16 viewers were able to chime in as if they were race spectators... they can get on the mics (or type messages) and say things like "You suck driver X" or "Amazing win driver Z" Hahaha Just kidding, that would be ugly.

While I hope this upgrade can be done successfully, I doubt it will happen. PSN is free, and we all know you get what you pay for. Besides I'm told the PS3 hardware performance is near maxxed out running the GT5 software. Maybe on PS4...

For those insinuating that I don't know how to set up a room, I do in fact have the smarts to do so. The only difference between the suggestions here and the ones I used to use is the mics. I had to have them on due to the fact that I raced NASCAR cars and Daytona and Indy. Mics are a nessesity there in order to communicate with other drivers as to if you are coming low or high with a pass to avoid being sqeezed in the wall or run into the grass. Other communications are also needed. You can't always see everything so mics being on helped greatly with avoiding mishaps. Thats why I always limited my rooms to 12, because mics were on.

I don't think anyone insinuated you don't know how to set up a room. But you did say it ain't pretty with a full 16 and I said it can be if done right and with good connections. The key to online racing is understanding that it is Peer 2 Peer. One bad connection can throw the whole room off and there is nothing PD can do about that.

I don't think anyone insinuated you don't know how to set up a room. But you did say it ain't pretty with a full 16 and I said it can be if done right and with good connections. The key to online racing is understanding that it is Peer 2 Peer. One bad connection can throw the whole room off and there is nothing PD can do about that.

Ok, no problem. Also, I was stating the 16 with mics being on. Guess I should have made that clear.

Fact is GT5's online system is just plain bad, it can barely handle 16, while I play on pc sims and get 32+ all racing, with the same internet connection, with roll-over physics and everything. Smooth.

Purhaps GT5 will get a revised online system that can actually handle this new 16 racing and 16 watching, it almost certainly won't increase lag, it might by a bit, but not much, it may even get decreased due to some improvement they may make.

They wont just stick on 16 watch-slots with the connections the way they are now, they're not stupid :) .

Edit: This is all based on the way it was a year or so ago, actually not played since then :P (getting it again next week ! )

Edit 2: This is also based on my assumption that the soul cause of "lag" in GT5 Online is down to how the data is transferred between server and client.

Last edited:
This upgrade would be worthwhile *only* if the 16 viewers were able to chime in as if they were race spectators... they can get on the mics (or type messages) and say things like "You suck driver X" or "Amazing win driver Z" Hahaha Just kidding, that would be ugly.

That would be absolutely awful, & totally unrealistic! Spectators can't send text messages to race drivers in real life, can they? It would put them off their racing & cause accidents. Imagine a lobby being invaded by 16 idiots all typing abuse at once, I seriously hope that never ends up in the game. I'm gald you're only joking, I broke out in a cold sweat when I begun to read your post!

:ouch:

Latest Posts

Back