GT5 in 3D

• Thread starter DC9990
  • 221 comments
I recently purchased a Sony ps3 3d display. It was only 100 dollars on Black Friday in bestbuy heard they sometimes have problems so I put a 5 year warranty on it for 25 dollars. Whole thing was 136 out the door. Anyway I was wondering if anybody has some GT5 setting for this screen I use in car view. Now my settings for 3d are 3,90 it's ok but I believe it can be better. It is pretty awesome using 3D a G27 and PS3 7.1 wireless headset amazing experience.
Cool,I just got the same ps3 3d display deal also.its awesome in 3d,I can never go back to 2d now.i have the settings at default right now.its looks amazing..

I have a Sony Bravia KDL40-EX721 and uses the TDG-BR250 3D-glasses. I can't for the life of me get a descent 3D experience out of GT5. The cockpit view suffers from severe ghosting, so bad that I can't focus properly on the track. It's ok when using bumper cam, but the 3D effect is rather lacking. I also notice in the main menu demos that whenever something is up close (a car, person etc.) it looks horrible - I feel like I'm seeing double. Does anyone here know of a descent setting that lets me play GT5 in 3D and enjoy it? And don't suggest a new TV.

Btw - my 3D-settings are 5 and 0.90. All the TVs 3D-settings are set to default.

[Nor]MclarenF1;7883276
I have a Sony Bravia KDL40-EX721 and uses the TDG-BR250 3D-glasses. I can't for the life of me get a descent 3D experience out of GT5.

Btw - my 3D-settings are 5 and 0.90. All the TVs 3D-settings are set to default.

Here is a link to my post early in the thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4199083#post4199083

It related to an earlier model Sony Bravia 3D TV but the EX720 performed similarly and should help with your issues. Although that was before the 2.09 update, I haven't tested it in 3D since.

Ok,I've been messing around with the 3D settings and have found that I like it at 4 and the convergence at 0.90.its awesome,3Dracing is as good as it gets....

Tried GT5 in 3D last night for the first time round my brother-in-laws, & I have to say that it didn't look very good, hurt my eyes, & I didn't like it. We tried various settings, but it still looked naff imo. I think 3D is just a gimmick.

👎

I just bought a Samsung 55es8000 and fired up the 3D. Set the gamesettings at 7 and 0.68 and wohoooo. (at 8 the wheel came outside the TV and felt too much) Just became a new game for me. Playing from cockpit view is amazing. Put on Nurburg and rain and dusk. Totally scary, lighteffects are nice and rain looks great but really hard!!!! So back to sunny and day i started a new race against same racecaropponents.
1: There is somehow nicer effects in 3d with reflections and shadows that i never noticed in 2D.
2: Track and cars are more natural with nice proportions and the hills and slopes are really noticable.
3: Crosstalk = almost none, nothing that you notice at all when driving
4: Just love it! It is harder to win though, feels like i drive on new track but the proportions are more accurate and closing in on cars is much nicer, you see how close you are behind another car.
5: I think cockpitview is the best way to use 3D, best effect and feel.

6: PD..please set 3D and only cockpitview as regulation online race. I promise the races will be more carefull and accurate. Would be great!!!

Recommend you to use Film mode on TV to get accurate colours. Disable all motionhandling and reduce sharpness to 0 or 1. Backlight to 12 of 20, light to 50, contrast to 95, Warm 2 colour. If you dont have Samsung just dont forget to turn off all motionhandling and pictureenchancements.

VBR
Tried GT5 in 3D last night for the first time round my brother-in-laws, & I have to say that it didn't look very good, hurt my eyes, & I didn't like it. We tried various settings, but it still looked naff imo. I think 3D is just a gimmick.

👎

What kind of setup are you using?trust me it's not just a gimmick,it's amazing in 3d.

I just bought the SONY 24" 3D tv and I must say that GT5 is certainly the killer app on PS3, and even more so in 3D. This game was the sole reason for me getting a 3DTV and I'm beyond impressed, it's the most immerse and realistic experience I've ever had in gaming, especially with a wheel and pedal set.

This thread is so massive and old, that I can't be bothered to search it for the answer to my question - but I have a Finlux Passive 3D TV and I need to find the right settings, because the default settings listed on the Gran Turismo website still don't look good, at all.

Most people are using active, whose comments I have seen, so if anyone is using Passive then please let me know your settings.

And in case you didn't know Active glasses need batteries and Passive glasses don't so one weighs a lot the other weighs nothing at all, plus there is other differences besides, but only saying this in case some of you don't know which one you've got. (Not being rude, some people just don't know)

What kind of setup are you using?trust me it's not just a gimmick,it's amazing in 3d.

It's was my brother in laws LG 1080p 3D tv, he paid about £800 for it, dunno the model but he did a lot of research & bought the best he could afford.

No, I don't trust you, I trust my eyes & they told me that it was rubbish!

:P

When connecting the PS3 to the 3D TV, does it absolutly have to be connected with the HDMI or does component ( Red, Blue, green) also works

@ Iainoflo, I do not have a 3d tv yet, but a passive tv is what I will most likely get, so I am curious if you can fix the issue you are having.
Seems from reading this thread and other than some people are happy some are not, seems to point to different set up, tv model/brand and adjustment giving different results.
I always drive from Cockpit view, from my reading, it seems particularely tricky to get it right in 3D.

Last edited:
Cote Dazur
When connecting the PS3 to the 3D TV, does it absolutly have to be connected with the HDMI or does component ( Red, Blue, green) also works

@ Iainoflo, I do not have a 3d tv yet, but a passive tv is what I will most likely get, so I am curious if you can fix the issue you are having.
Seems from reading this thread and other than some people are happy some are not, seems to point to different set up, tv model/brand and adjustment giving different results.
I always drive from Cockpit view, from my reading, it seems particularely tricky to get it right in 3D.

Has to be HDMI, the 3D signal uses the 1080p to work. And yes I'm using cockpit view and I can't get it to look right on my passive TV.

And in case you didn't know Active glasses need batteries and Passive glasses don't so one weighs a lot the other weighs nothing at all, plus there is other differences besides, but only saying this in case some of you don't know which one you've got. (Not being rude, some people just don't know)

Also you have to remember to reconfigure your PS3 to display the 3D image.

You'll be surprised how many people just assume they have to select 3D on the tv and not set it up properly on the playstation!

GT5 3D Rocks!! :D

(Oh I also have Active)

priesty_lfc
Also you have to remember to reconfigure your PS3 to display the 3D image.

You'll be surprised how many people just assume they have to select 3D on the tv and not set it up properly on the playstation!

GT5 3D Rocks!! :D

(Oh I also have Active)

I used the default settings recommended on the gran turismo website and it was a slight improvement, but only slight.

Has to be HDMI, the 3D signal uses the 1080p to work. .

Then it should work, component works at 1080P, no issue there.

Edit, It seems that being able to carry 1080P in 2D with component is not enough for 3D, so 3D requires HDMI 1.4

Last edited:
I used the default settings recommended on the gran turismo website and it was a slight improvement, but only slight.

You have changed the display settings on the actual PS3 tho yeah?

Having it at 1080P isn't enough, got to display on the XMB and make sure you update it to 3D

VBR
It's was my brother in laws LG 1080p 3D tv, he paid about £800 for it, dunno the model but he did a lot of research & bought the best he could afford.

No, I don't trust you, I trust my eyes & they told me that it was rubbish!

:P

You must not have the setup right,you have to have a Hdmi cable 1.4 speed.also you must configure your ps3 to 3D in your console settings and adjust the settings to the size of your TV......3D racing is truly amazing.i can never go back now.3D will be the standard for all racing games on the new consoles.i believe GT5 was meant to be played in 3D,all the shadows and light nd depth are breathtaking, just incredible.....

You have changed the display settings on the actual PS3 tho yeah?

Having it at 1080P isn't enough, got to display on the XMB and make sure you update it to 3D

Yeah, I just did this - will see in the morning if it has had an effect. I went into Display Settings, it detected my 3D TV and asked for the screen dimensions for optimum output so I selected the right one. Hope this is what you mean.

iainoflo85
Yeah, I just did this - will see in the morning if it has had an effect. I went into Display Settings, it detected my 3D TV and asked for the screen dimensions for optimum output so I selected the right one. Hope this is what you mean.

Keep us posted, I am looking forward to enjoy 3D on a passive 3D TV.

You must not have the setup right,you have to have a Hdmi cable 1.4 speed.also you must configure your ps3 to 3D in your console settings and adjust the settings to the size of your TV......3D racing is truly amazing.i can never go back now.3D will be the standard for all racing games on the new consoles.i believe GT5 was meant to be played in 3D,all the shadows and light nd depth are breathtaking, just incredible.....

Thanks, I'll let him know.

👍

Keep us posted, I am looking forward to enjoy 3D on a passive 3D TV.

Changed the settings on my PS3 so that it sets the display output right, but I still cannot get the 3D settings right. When there's no misalignment in the car there is on the track, when there is alignment on the track it's out inside the car. So I gave up trying to tweak it, because I just don't know what I'm doing.

Changed the settings on my PS3 so that it sets the display output right, but I still cannot get the 3D settings right. When there's no misalignment in the car there is on the track, when there is alignment on the track it's out inside the car. So I gave up trying to tweak it, because I just don't know what I'm doing.

From the reading I did the passive 3D is better at avoiding crosstalk than active 3D, but I have found every where that GT5 3D has an issue with cockpit view, doing what you just described, you have to choose having one view working. either track or inside the car, not possible to have both at the same time.
So my cocnclusion is that it is not your TV and since I see no point driving in GT5, or any other SIM, not using cockpit view, 3D will have to wait

I am actually incredibly underwhelmed by the 3D effect, I'm hoping that it's just because I have the settings wrong. It's very annoying how in the settings menu there is nothing to reference the numbers that you are applying, you need something to look at, like a cockpit in-game for example, to know what the optimal settings are for your particular TV.

The Samsung TV I have seems to prefer the lower scale 3D settings for most other 3D compatible games, and they look okay, but never as good as 3D movies. I was wondering what settings others people have applied to get the best effect; I've tried most settings but I got sick of changing the settings, starting a race but then realising that they needed adjusting again.

I have tried to make my 3D Samsung UE22C4010 TV work on GT5 but with no luck... Is there a knack to making the 3d feature work?

I have tried to make my 3D Samsung UE22C4010 TV work on GT5 but with no luck... Is there a knack to making the 3d feature work?

Are you sure your TV is 3D, dont belive that model is.

3D trouble

start PS3 and keep Holding the powerbutton pressed untill it beeps and a setupscreen appears. Otherwise you may just be using tv's 2d-3d converter

Truly, i agree GT5 and 3D is like it was ment to be played, suddenly many things just fall in place.

Mulan

3D trouble

start PS3 and keep Holding the powerbutton pressed untill it beeps and a setupscreen appears. Otherwise you may just be using tv's 2d-3d converter

Truly, i agree GT5 and 3D is like it was ment to be played, suddenly many things just fall in place.

How did you fix the issue with cockpit view?

Good answer for Shaun, you need a 3D capable TV to get 3D.

3D trouble start PS3 and keep Holding the powerbutton pressed untill it beeps and a setupscreen appears. Otherwise you may just be using tv's 2d-3d converter. Truly, i agree GT5 and 3D is like it was ment to be played, suddenly many things just fall in place.

--------------
SORRY!!! that is one of my other TV's my lounge TV with the PS3 attached to it is a Samsung UE40ES6710.

Last edited:
Back