GT5 in 3D

• Thread starter DC9990
  • 221 comments
I bought a Sony KDL-46NX720 3D LED TV with Gorilla Glass. I thought the 3D was meh with GT5 but I used the 3D button on the remote and selected simulated 3D. I couldn't access the 3D icon in the GT5 options/settings? When I watched the GT5 Demo from the 3D experience on the TV (TV went into 3D mode itself) it was nothing short of phenominal but it is a demo. How do you get GT5 to switch the TV to 3D mode instead of the remote? are the 3D adjustments in the GT options for parallax? Another thing that may be working against me is my distance from the TV as I'm about 3-4ft away in my cockpit.

I think you must be in your PS3 menu... screen-settings ! There the PS3 will auto-detect your TV as a 3D television... Now GT will detect your 3D television and you can race original in 3D ;)

We have the simulated 2D > 3D option too on our LG television. Works very well ! And because the online bug...the 3D-option in Gran Turismo dis-effects with that bug so you're slower and more chance of having lag ! The simulated 3D is a nice alternative for this bug :)

YukinoSuzuka
I think you must be in your PS3 menu... screen-settings ! There the PS3 will auto-detect your TV as a 3D television... Now GT will detect your 3D television and you can race original in 3D ;)

We have the simulated 2D > 3D option too on our LG television. Works very well ! And because the online bug...the 3D-option in Gran Turismo dis-effects with that bug so you're slower and more chance of having lag ! The simulated 3D is a nice alternative for this bug :)

It was the video setting in the PS3 Settings menu. I did automatic and there they were the 3D settings. They are not available for selection in custom menu. Simulated 3D was horrible but 3D through GT5 initiation is awesome! Got to play with the 3D settings today and see if I can fine tune but it looked pretty dang good last night.

Maybe because you have a Active-shutter-television, we do have Passive-3D, maybe that's why our television is more relaxed to watch...

As long I believe my boyfriend, LG and Philips are the only two brands with passive technology. Our television is the LG 42LW5500 ! Very happy with it :D

*Southpark in 3D is epic too !! :cool:

I've got an active shutter panasonic GT30 and the PS3 has no issues detecting 3D. All i do is enter the options menu in GT5 find the 3D options setting and select enable.

I do not think the issue mentioned by jswilli1 is related to active vs passive 3d tech.

I've got an active shutter panasonic GT30 and the PS3 has no issues detecting 3D. All i do is enter the options menu in GT5 find the 3D options setting and select enable.

I do not think the issue mentioned by jswilli1 is related to active vs passive 3d tech.

Same here, i've bought the same TV this weekend and played GT5 for the first time in 3D.

No issues in detecting the 3D automatically, and the effect surprised me, it's great.

Wich settings the people with same TV are using here? (paralax and convergence)?

I do have an active 3D TV and after I did the display settings in the Sony Settings XMB menu using Automatic vice Custom the PS3 detected the 3D settings for the TV. You cannot pick any 3D settings from the custom settings in the XMB menu of the PS3. After about 2hrs of "tweaking", I optimized my 3D for GT5. The default GT5 in game 3D settings are to shallow with a Parallax of 3 and Convergence of 0.00. My optimal setup is Parallax = 5 / Convergence = 0.90 and GT5 in game display setting of Sharpen. The WOW factor is 2 fold when properly setup, I now how depth to my 3D and all the focal lenghts work well together.

It's a different type of 3d - it's only depth so nothing really pops out at you, I like that.
And I can't do 3d- it hurts my eyes lol
Luckily I won my 3dtv :)

I have a astigmatism in one of my eyes so in your face 3D (like cockpit view) = mega tripple image. Anyone know if there is a way i can get around this?

jonny_goddard
I have a astigmatism in one of my eyes so in your face 3D (like cockpit view) = mega tripple image. Anyone know if there is a way i can get around this?

Try adjusting the parallax down as this controls the "depth" of the 3D. I found when I was testing at 7 that it hurt my eyes .

I have a Samsung series 7 and I have a lot of problems about double vision in cockpit view... Anyone can share his settings (parallax and convergence) with this Tv?

I have just bought this set, am considering dropping the additional £80 for 3d glasses, would you recommend it? is it good?

Definitely! I played B-Spec (New Seasonal) last night on the Nurburgring 24hr in 3D and was nothing short of speechless. 18+ minutes of pure eye candy:tup:

I had the same problem (especially during night races); I had to turn the parallax all the way down to 1 with convergence at 100. This makes the 3D effect not very strong, but I don't have much of a problem with that as I prefer it more subtle anyway.

Have any of you tried these glasses (apparently, they're the same ones that come with that 24" set Sony sells)? I got an extremely good deal on my 3rd gen Panny glasses ($57), but that deal is long dead. From reviews, I know my glasses are extremely good, but for only $40, if the quality is close, I'd like to get these for family members/friends.

I finally checked out GT5 in 3d a couple weeks ago with my new 40" Sony Bravia LED. I didnt like the racing in 3d but it did look great on the loading screen and in the Photo Travel.

Finally! We invested in a 3D TV. We got the Sony 3D 55" LED 55EX720,

The Set itself is stunning. And my first experience in the comfort of my own living room experimenting with GT5 this evening. Like most people I was a little unsettled with the whole 3D thing. 1. I wear Glasses. So this puts me off the idea completely as it can get fiddly and uncomfortable. 2. It's EXPENSIVE!. But after I went into the local store and tried on a set of Sony 3D Glasses I noticed straight away the 3D Glasses Fitted perfectly over my actual glasses! I was staring at the 3D Units for ages before we made a descion. So anyways back to the Point! I've been playing around with the Parralax & Convergence Settings for the last two hours. Switching between menu's can take a while but remainded with the full 3D Experience whilst doing this to get a correct corralation. I sit about 8 Feet away from my TV on the Sofa so with the distance I managed to get Settings of P = 5 , C = 0.90. This was optimal for my Viewing. The display can be dark in certain races due to the glasses filtering the experience to a darker atmopshere. I tinkered with the Brightness on my Screen and Switched it to Vivid Mode & I upped the Exposure (Brightness) In game to + 0.2 EV.

So now I'm happy with the depth I get. I don't get too much Cross Talking'? I think it's called? Whilst racing. So overally I'm extremely impressed with GT5's ability to do this and it completely opens up a more exciting racing experience for me with depth. I was very skeptical about it all in the beginning but after having the experience in my own home Its fair to say 3D GT5 Is amazing!!!

i have the same sony tv as you just 46 inch (46EX720) and i have tested almost every type of settings and found that if you keep both p and c close or the same you got minimum crosstalk so my setting is P 8 and C 0,82 and 3D is strong and crosstalk minimum...

Got my 42" passive 3D telly yesterday and, as others have said, the default settings are terrible.
So just for the hell of it I ramped up the parallax to 10, and the convergence to 90 and what a difference.
I play in bumper cam view and the 3d is stunning, did a bit of online too, and cars in front actually come out of the screen (a bit) as i'm closing in.
Also, if a car in front of me goes on the grass, debris will fly out of the screen at me.
It's phenomenal.
There's a bit of crosstalk but not enough to bother me.
Chuffed!

Anybody running a Sony HX853 and GT in 3D?

I just got mine but just waiting for my glasses to arrive, any settings anybody can recommend?

My LG LED broke down couple of weeks ago and thank god I have extended warranty. Since they cannot fix it, got myself a 47' Panasonic passive 3D.
OMG, what a difference to the game.

I also notice, with the in game 3D settings, only when racing and couple of screen are actually 3D, rest of it like main menu and other menu are still 2D. However with the Panasonic TV I have turn on 3D effect on it's own. and after few tweeks within the GT5 3D(tone down), everything is in 3D now, even the menu. It looks amazing.

But after 2-3 hours of playing...I revert back the settings. No 3D on TV and only use 3D settings on GT5. My eyes were too sore.

Can one set of glasses convert 3 screens to a 3D image simultaneouslly? I thought I read that is the main issue.

I know they can on PC, so that's possible. Maybe the PS3 has no way to sync the process between screens like a PC?

I was already quite pleased with GT5 in 3D, but now (after some tweaking after the latest update 2.09) I'm simply blown away. The 3D settings can now be almost maxed-out (9/1.00 for bumper view on a Philips 46pfl9706h). The 3D effect is most convincing and there is hardly any cross-talk left. 👍

At one point I caught my self just sitting on the highest spot on Eiger, taking in the view. :D

My settings before we're 3, 0.90.
After reading your posts I tried 8, 0.90. But got headaches on that. So I am going back to before. Can't say I can see much difference, but it was very good before so still good

Is the 3D good and smooth enough now that it's worth investing in a 3D TV or is it better to just wait until the next gen playstation is launched?

Is the 3D good and smooth enough now that it's worth investing in a 3D TV or is it better to just wait until the next gen playstation is launched?
On my TV it is very good now, except that there is still quite a bit of aliasing on tracks like Suzuka with its many high chain-link fences. Of course, on the next generation PlayStation it should be a lot better still, assuming that we'll get 3D on 1080p at 60fps.

I recently purchased a Sony ps3 3d display. It was only 100 dollars on Black Friday in bestbuy heard they sometimes have problems so I put a 5 year warranty on it for 25 dollars. Whole thing was 136 out the door. Anyway I was wondering if anybody has some GT5 setting for this screen I use in car view. Now my settings for 3d are 3,90 it's ok but I believe it can be better. It is pretty awesome using 3D a G27 and PS3 7.1 wireless headset amazing experience.

Last edited:
Back