GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
This is what we love about GT, it's all in the details.

On another note; Skidmarks.

I believe that if skidmarks don't make it to GT5, they never will until the team at PD can accurately implement laying rubber down on the track surface, so a circuit rubbers in over time. Which won't happen in this generation of gaming that is for sure.

From Wikipedia:

In November 2006 shortly before the release of Gran Turismo HD Concept v2.0, Polyphony Digital director Kazunori Yamauchi officially announced a "revision" in the "product strategy": "Gran Turismo 5 will be given priority".

Polyphony Digital chose to abandon the planned full version named Gran Turismo HD, which was previously announced as Vision Gran Turismo at the E3 2005 and was first displayed during the Tokyo Game Show 2006 and was scheduled for a 2007 worldwide release to focus on developing Gran Turismo 5 instead.

I think it's worst GT mistake ever...

And everything has come full circle and we know they haven't really scratched those plans. The standard cars and tracks are a proof of that.

I'm glad they decided to focus on a proper GT5 (i was one of the fans that urged them to do that), but it's clear that this old project has a lot of influence on how we get GT5.

I believe that if skidmarks don't make it to GT5, they never will until the team at PD can accurately implement laying rubber down on the track surface, so a circuit rubbers in over time. Which won't happen in this generation of gaming that is for sure.

The reason Why i love GT
And the reason why its better than any racing game out there
is this

KY: “We have a physics calculation model so when you take the parameters for that car and enter these into the models it will automatcly drive like that pretacly vehicle. This way the basic physicle charactrestic of the car will aprear as is in GranTurismo so that actualy something we can not touch if the car is made well it will drive well”

Jay Leno: “A friend of mine was racing one of the cameros in Granturismo he just couldn’t get it to do what it did on the track with Mark donohue, and he went back and read Mark donohue’s book “unfair advantage”and he learnd how Mark donohue was setup his car… Well then he setup his car in the game exactly the same way Mark donohue setup his car in the book, and he set the recond to beat the time.
The game is that accurate and that sharp, thats what i like about Granturismo.”

Polyphony Digital chose to abandon the planned full version named Gran Turismo HD, which was previously announced as Vision Gran Turismo at the E3 2005 and was first displayed during the Tokyo Game Show 2006 and was scheduled for a 2007 worldwide release to focus on developing Gran Turismo 5 instead.

I think it's worst GT mistake ever...
Some of us voted to have a GT4 in HD with a few more cars and tracks back in 2005-06. Giving us a game with PC sim-like graphics (which is what GT4 in HD would look like), 16 cars on track, the physics of GT HD, a decent online system rather like the one in Forza 2, and some extra goodies, and released in 2007 would have made me happy. Kaz might have been able to release GT PSP in time for holiday 2008 or spring 2009.

But then, just imagine how long we'd be waiting for GT5, and what it would be:

300 cars, more or less, 20 some odd courses, and released in... 2013!

Looking at it like this, I prefer what we're getting now.

Rubbering up the track surface is a big thing in racing. We saw that in the just run F1 Valencia race (go Seb), with no rubber prior to the first practice, and something entirely different in the American Le Mans series laying down their much different rubber the week before a NASCAR race in Daytona. Also with weather now a factor, there's rain washing it off and everyone needing to adjust for that. Until it can be accurately modeled in all its different aspects, the faux marks laid down just for looks, are pretty much a waste of computing space.

The reason why I love Gt And the reason why its better than any racing game out there is this

Simply because I play it from 10years and because Forza is a Crappy game!💡

The reason why I love Gt And the reason why its better than any racing game out there is this

Simply because I play it from 10years and because Forza is a Crappy game!💡

Now lets not be like that, it is a good game for what it is!

Also, I know this is kinda spam-like, but I've made a thread over in the Steering Wheels & Racing Cockpits forum and I'm looking for some feedback on my design for the cockpit I plan on making. :dopey:

But back on topic, I'm liking the last video in the latest bit of news on the homepage! :drool::drool:

Now lets not be like that, it is a good game for what it is!

Also, I know this is kinda spam-like, but I've made a thread over in the Steering Wheels & Racing Cockpits forum and I'm looking for some feedback on my design for the cockpit I plan on making. :dopey:

But back on topic, I'm liking the last video in the latest bit of news on the homepage! :drool::drool:

Did you see the glare from the signs when the headlight flashes on them amazing I cant wait for November 2.

Did you see the glare from the signs when the headlight flashes on them amazing I cant wait for November 2.

...and the brake lights iluminating the dust behind the car. 👍

Since 'premium' cars support working high/low beams, I would like to see how much more you can see at night using the high beams. I'm sure nobody at the E3 demo had enough time or awareness to find out how to toggle them so I'm assuming that these were the low beam settings. Also I wouldn't complain at how hard it is to see during night racing, considering Kaz recently raced the 24hr Nurb and commented on how difficult it is to actually see at night.

Last edited:
jujube noticed this on the news comments section:

2vbpt3r.jpg

r28a6t.jpg

Two different views / modes (as if more movement in the lower one)? Or adjustable FOV / seating position?

Vids 2 & 3 on the news page 👍

Last edited:
No, it wouldn't affect how the gear display (for example) is seen on the screen ;) Check the vids and see for yourself.

I really hope this is a hint of adjustable pov for cockpit 👍 And what else can it be? Its clearly two different POV.

BTW has anyone seen any decent driving on toscana? All I have ever seen is guys who only use 50% throttle...

Last edited:
jujube noticed this on the news comments section:

2vbpt3r.jpg

r28a6t.jpg

Two different views / modes (as if more movement in the lower one)? Or adjustable FOV / seating position?

Vids 2 & 3 on the news page 👍

Thanks Timppaq! You were quicker than me editing those video pics ;)

that's exactly the point! In the first vid it looks like the driver's head movments are more free than in the second one...

so: head tracking, seeking for the driver's height? ingame seat position? or "Free" inside view?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't see the videos (youtube firewalled)
I noticed that in the first picture the bottom information bar (gear, mph...) is partially cut out. I suppose it shouldn't change that way with an adjustable head tracking option.
I suppose it is just the videocamera zoom or distance from the screen. I'll have a look at the videos when I got home.
In any event I really hope that option is in the game.

No, it wouldn't affect how the gear display (for example) is seen on the screen ;) Check the vids and see for yourself.

You are right, in the first vid the "seat" is uper, no?

Seat adjustment is a really great adition if is true.:)

Edit: look at the map and the window;)

More options the better. I would be more excited for FOV change if we were stuck with the default Forza 3 granny view, but the GT5 cockpit postition is perfect IMO so I don't know if I would mess with it much.

Last edited:
So you think this confirms up-down direction movement in head tracking too? Have you watched the vids?

And the hud map compared to the window frame (as pay2021 said).

Could be that the head tracking also records backward and foreward head motions.

Actually might be headtracking on the 2nd vid 👍 Somebody do a GIF out of the 2nd vid time between 0:47-0:49 ...what is that, did the driver rise higher for a sec? so basically you could peek over the bonnet?

Images on TV screens are in 2D. So you can zoom in and out the screen with the camera but you can't move youre camera "inside" the screen and watch "behind" things... :)
Really didnt understand what you ment to say there :lol:

Look at video 1, until 00:34 the gear indicator over wheel is not visible and its visible all the time in video 2.

Back