GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
you're the guy who hates ISR with a passion, aren't you? Nevermind, ignore my post, it was a waste of my time.:rolleyes:

And you're the guy who defend ISR with a passion.

your the ignorant who was defending them when i said IRS ignored Forza 3's Permanent Driving Aid - Active Steering..

you said its their opinion, yeah like the Permanent Driving Aid - Active Steering turns off and on with each opinion lol

everyone who played GT5 demo at Lemans(France) and E3 said GT5 demo was different from Prologue.

sorry for calling you ignorant, i hope next time you will ignore my posts, cause i don't to repeat my self over and over again.

Last edited:
Check out this HKS Hipermax 3 Racing Controller for the PS3

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo5hZi90S4Y&feature=player_embedded

hks_racingcontroller.jpg

For those who don't know, HKS is a well-known maker of aftermarket performance parts for automobiles. Now HKS has expanded the scope of their efforts to reach out to their consumer base by teaming with gaming manufacturer InterWorks by creating a PS3 controller that is uniquely optimized for arcade driving games. Joe, Chipwich, Chunx, and Panther all showed up for an appointment with HKS and InterWorks to try out the new controller concept.

Looking sharp in its candy apple red metallic finish (inspired by the real HKS CT230R drift car), the Hipermax 3 controller retains the standard form factor for a wired PS3 controller but changes the control scheme in an effort to optimize it for driving games. Most prominent on the left side of the controller is what looks like a giant mouse wheel that's easily operated by your thumb. On the right side of the game pad are two spring loaded levers that act as brake and throttle, which are operated by your right thumb. The thumb wheel is easy and intuitive to use with just a little practice. Conversely, the right thumb's brake and throttle seemed to suffer from some backlash and it was tricky-to-impossible to easily work the brake and throttle simultaneously, making modulated brake or throttle use difficult - although for the types of games the developers envision the HKS Hipermax 3 being used with, this probably isn't an important issue.

With a little re-training of your hands' muscle memory, the HKS Hipermax 3 controller pad might be an improvement over a standard game pad, but only slightly. For precise car control in any driving game, a wheel and pedals are still your best solution. However, if you don't have room or budget for a wheel, then this new HKS controller might be a good space- and money-saving alternative.

There's a thread on that pad somewhere. It does look awesome though.

In a related note I went back to a pad on GT5p last night, very easy and possibly a bit more fun. And I was about 2 seconds off my time after ten laps, which kinda puts me in doubts as to whether I will race with it. I'm going to have to practice alot.

Sasuki
everyone who played GT5 demo at Lemans(France) and E3 said GT5 demo was totally different from Prologue.

Are prologues physics rubbish or something, I'm struggling to see the point.

And yes driving on gravel should have a different feel anyway.

Btw where's jackhammer guy?

One more thing ISR have said that they will do a full Forza vs GT before the end of the year. When the full games released.

I know you and some other guys don't like them.
I myself thought that they did the best e3 coverage overall and certainly were impressed with the game.

I suppose your gonna come back with permanant driving aids.
Oh well.

One more thing ISR have said that they will do a full Forza vs GT before the end of the year. When the full games released.

Spagetti

Ofcourse they will do a full Forza vs GT,

and ofcourse they will say Forza is a better simulator lol

cause we all know real life cars and real simulators have Permanent Driving Aid and Active Steering...

Go eat your Spagetti, dude. :mischievous:

oh and btw, about the jackhammer guy, why don't you search for him and send him a PM.

Last edited:
So are prologues physics crap? If gt5 is totally different, which one is wrong?

Go eat your sushi.

As for jackhammer guy, I prefere unbiased comments.

Go eat your sushi.

Like all GT games they improve the physics for each game, that doesnt mean gt5p physics is crap.

mr_VOLCANO
Like all GT games they improve the physics for each game, that doesnt mean gt5p physics is crap.

I agree physics get tweaked, but sasuki says their totally different physics.
Once you get a near perfect physics calculator there's probably only very minor adjustments needed.

If on the other hand a new release gives a totally different feel,what gives.
People say prologues physics are great. Something I would agree with.
GT5 comes out and the physics are totally different then somethings wrong with either prologue or GT5 IMHO.

I think darin said that the tire model in gt5 wasn't much changed from gt5p, that's what he meant when talking about physics.
His thoughts:
simracingtonight
The time trial demo had two cars that you couldn't tune.. How were those cars so much better than GT5-P? Can someone provide a report on how and why the physics were better in that demo ? I personally thought the car was harder to drive in the time trial, but I could tune a car in GT5-P and get the same results. Not sure how that makes the physics in the demo better.

Sasuki you are a hater. Who cares about Forza? Why is it so important to you? We all know it has a permanent driving aid.

I agree physics get tweaked, but sasuki says their totally different physics.
Once you get a near perfect physics calculator there's probably only very minor adjustments needed.

If on the other hand a new release gives a totally different feel,what gives.
People say prologues physics are great. Something I would agree with.
GT5 comes out and the physics are totally different then somethings wrong with either prologue or GT5 IMHO.

GT5p physics are good, but IMO GT5 academy physics was a big step in the right direction 👍 N3 tires felt more natural and real then ever before. With all the work PD have done on gt5 I doubt they will take a step back physics wise....

I know what your saying volcano.

Susuki is on about why didn't ISR gush over the totally new physics engine.
Why didn't they say about permanant driving aids when they reveiwed it. (forza that is)
BTW the PDA issue was raised sometime later after all the reviews.

Unless Susuki can point me to a reputable unbiased site that picked up on PDA on release day.

My head hurts.

Sasuki you are a hater. Who cares about Forza? Why is it so important to you? We all know it has a permanent driving aid.

No im not a hater, i own FM3 and its a fun/great game...

when a preview/review site, like "IRS" who totally ignored "FM3's permanent driving aid" which obviously makes it like an arcade racing game,

then they say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VID_ndJJ3pI#t=20m34s

you still believe their other previews or reviews?

after this bull review, you think they will do a proper GT5 vs FM3, lol don't think so...

anyways it seems they want traffic hits on their website, and whats the most easy way to boost some traffic other than making a biased VS vid.

Last edited:

Go eat your sushi.

they arent crap but TT/GT5 physics are much more refined and you can easily feel the difference, if someone says they feel the same you gotta question it

His thoughts:
simracingtonight
The time trial demo had two cars that you couldn't tune.. How were those cars so much better than GT5-P? Can someone provide a report on how and why the physics were better in that demo ? I personally thought the car was harder to drive in the time trial, but I could tune a car in GT5-P and get the same results. Not sure how that makes the physics in the demo better.

Can't agree with that at all. The TT demo physics were considerably different from anything I experienced in prologue in any car and setup. So much more refined that it made prologue feel dull afterwards.

Either this guy never experienced prologue enough to be able to feel the difference, or he's just saying bs.

SimHQ Staff member Tweets during E3 - in reverse order

Chunx: GT5 overall - awesome graphics, convincing physics (on Pro), good AI overall, FFB stronger feeling today and good tire grip cues.

Chunx: GT5 NASCAR stockers @ Indy felt really good IRT Physics reponse, but didn't have to steer right to go straight, just as with FM3

Chunx: Rally cars on gravel very, VERY slippery. Maybe too much. Cars would spin even with neutral throttle and no brake.

Conmanly and magnum gets some GT5 hands on, confirmed all have some type of cockpit, only 200 have thier own cockpits

GT 5: Concensus was that "pro" physics felt pretty realistic, but overall FFB resistance was weak, despite a physics overhaul from Prologue

GT 5: Gameplay adjustments for 2 levels of physics, auto or man transmission, Multi-step Traction Control, and at least 8 tire compounds.

From Chunx: Just tried the GT5 demo with simpit and Logi DFGT. Sony allowed pro physics. Gorgeous and felt good.

GT 5: Concensus was that "pro" physics felt pretty realistic, but overall FFB resistance was weak, despite a physics overhaul from Prologue.

FFB resistance set to 10 on the TT demo was rock hard as far as I'm concerned. So hard that I was playing it on 3. But that's because I like it on the softer side.

I wonder if they never realized they could increase the resistance? I honestly don't know why would anyone want it to be harder than it is on 10.

Chunx: GT5 overall - awesome graphics, convincing physics (on Pro), good AI overall, FFB stronger feeling today and good tire grip cues.

Chunx: GT5 NASCAR stockers @ Indy felt really good IRT Physics reponse, but didn't have to steer right to go straight, just as with FM3

Chunx: Rally cars on gravel very, VERY slippery. Maybe too much. Cars would spin even with neutral throttle and no brake.

Conmanly and magnum gets some GT5 hands on, confirmed all have some type of cockpit, only 200 have thier own cockpits

GT 5: Concensus was that "pro" physics felt pretty realistic, but overall FFB resistance was weak, despite a physics overhaul from Prologue

GT 5: Gameplay adjustments for 2 levels of physics, auto or man transmission, Multi-step Traction Control, and at least 8 tire compounds.

From Chunx: Just tried the GT5 demo with simpit and Logi DFGT. Sony allowed pro physics. Gorgeous and felt good.

The fact that it's coming this guy Chunx from SimHQ, it's quite a contrast from what he's always thought of the GT series (although I might add his less than favourable views of GT5P is partly due the lack of damage).

I don't know if any of the reviewers changed (or was able to change) the default setting for the FFB, which was set at 7 for the last GT Academy TT but turning up to 10 did make quite a difference. Not so much with my G25 which felt fine at 7 or 8 (although I prefer the max 10) but when using my DGFT, the effect felt more forceful at 10 than it was at 7 or 8.

FFB resistance set to 10 on the TT demo was rock hard as far as I'm concerned. So hard that I was playing it on 3. But that's because I like it on the softer side.

I wonder if they never realized they could increase the resistance? I honestly don't know why would anyone want it to be harder than it is on 10.

With Prologue, even when the FFB is set to 10, after about 10 minutes of play and when my arms have gotten used to the force in the steering, it usually starts to feel weak. Not so much with the TT demo although I would assume those who play a lot of PC sims tend to prefer a much stronger FFB.

Last edited:

Really hate to start the whole cockpit thing again but :lol:

This is what i needed to hear. 👍

Rally cars on gravel very, VERY slippery, maybe they didn't use the right tires.
I wonder that some one said that gt5 physics are the same of gt5p!!I think that PD made a great job improving the tires physic and we had the possibility ' to test it with the TT demo!

I personally set my FFB in the TT to 3-4. That was more than enough, and I have GT5:P set to 5-6 on a DFGT. I sometimes drive a van that does not have power steering, so I know what heavy resistance feels like, and my Impreza is very light in comparison, I can drive it with one hand :)

The centre spring resistance is plenty strong, it's the FFB of the physics details that are weak, which is I presume is what he is refering to. And I agree.

I have iRacing set to 12 for comparison, and LFS to 50

Last edited:
Back