GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrison AM
Corvette Roadster (C1-gen, '06)
Mustang ('70)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this car's manufacturer actually be either Philip Koenen or Grand Touring Garage? :confused:

Last edited:
They could make it a dlc. It takes over 6 months to digitally model a car.

No it doesn't! Which idiot told you that? It takes way less time, if it really took 6months we would be waiting a few thousand years! ...kids these days, honestly! :lol:

so 6 months for one person to model a car? and theres a team of 30 people working on modeling one car.. so lets do some maths here (and I'll be honest, Maths isn't my best subject).

After 2 or 3 minutes of wondering how on earth I'm gonna work that out I've thought Bugger it I'll just take a wild guess.. roughly a month to model a car if 30 people are on it. and lets say they spend 12 hrs a day on it.

so 6 months for one person to model a car? and theres a team of 30 people working on modeling one car.. so lets do some maths here (and I'll be honest, Maths isn't my best subject).

After 2 or 3 minutes of wondering how on earth I'm gonna work that out I've thought Bugger it I'll just take a wild guess.. roughly a month to model a car if 30 people are on it. and lets say they spend 12 hrs a day on it.

I'll make some assumptions so that it can be worked out.

*8 hours of work in a day
*5 working days
*4 weeks in a month

So it works out to be: 8(Hours)*5(days)*4(weeks)*6(months)=960 work hours for one person to model a car

Now to see how long that would take 30 people: 960/30(people)/8(hours)=4 days for 30 people to model a whole car.

PS. If PD was to model 1000 unique cars it would take them a bit over 15 years assuming a 30 man team working normal hours. Obviously some cars are similar and even if only 500 cars are unique that would still take them 7 years. So they obviously have been working more than 8 hours a day or can do it quicker than they stated.

There would be more than one team working on cars at a time, one team of people might be working on a Honda S2000 while another team is working on a C2 Corvette.

We will have different types of car for example Skyline GTR R34(normal GTR R34,R34 Vspec, R34 N1 ,GT-R V-spec II Nür) they are similar so they need maybe 3-4day to make all this model"s, also Lancers,Impreca"s,NSX,RX7...about 300 will be same models just different types.

If it takes less than 5 days to build a car, I hope Porsche hops aboard. They could definitely models some of the classics.

In earlier posts in this thread, there are pics of PD guys looking at a bunch of Ferrari's and there is a Porsche Boxter in the parking lot. Not sure if that means anything or not.
Its the first page.

Edit: I don't know why I just posted this by the way.

It uses parts from Morrison but it's not a Morrison creation.

But anyway the EK Civic from this video needs to be added

[youtubehd]BUjxqfDR9Ss[/youtubehd]

It's not a stock EK Civic Type R but I don't know exactly what it is, maybe a GT creation as it has a GT windshield banner (like the Mini)

Not OEM rear view mirrors? Mugen?

slrxmw.jpg

Nice spot with the mirrors, it seems to have bonnet/hood pins, no badge, different wheels and a roll cage.

No it doesn't! Which idiot told you that? It takes way less time, if it really took 6months we would be waiting a few thousand years! ...kids these days, honestly! :lol:

I can't remember quite where i read it, but a large proportion (i.e. over 50%) of PD's team is working on modelling alone. And they have 150-200 people working on GT5. Maybe it took them 6 months to do the early ones, but the more you do it the faster at it you get, so i reckon they are looking at ~2 months per car now.

Nice EK!!! simply tuned version I would say.
And it is Very Fast along with the mini... i mean it outran the amuse 350z and high end G37 on the straight then stayed in front.

Edit: Honestly... with this car list ide take the game now..

I can't remember quite where i read it, but a large proportion (i.e. over 50%) of PD's team is working on modelling alone. And they have 150-200 people working on GT5. Maybe it took them 6 months to do the early ones, but the more you do it the faster at it you get, so i reckon they are looking at ~2 months per car now.
As already mentioned in this thread, the 6 month time scale Kaz gave was 6 months of man hours, so that is taking one employee working a regular shift, working on one car, all by himself and it would take 6 months. You put 6 people into that equation and it takes 1 month, you put 12 and it takes roughly 15-16 days. The 6 months was just a rough figure, some cars may have taken loger than that but been nearly complete months before actually being completed. The process involves many people and different teams, just because the bulk of the work is done doesn't mean that the physics have been applied or the textures created. All we know if that a hell of a lot of time and attention goes into each and every car.

Glad to see the Fezza California is on the list, a great addition for roadsters would be the ability to press select and the roof would go up or down, just the satisfaction of the animation really, an irrelevant addition.

Glad to see the Fezza California is on the list, a great addition for roadsters would be the ability to press select and the roof would go up or down, just the satisfaction of the animation really, an irrelevant addition.

Yeah, agree!!! But we wont need select button since now we have the in game quick tune settings.
I wished for that since GT4, but GT4 and PS2 could not handle 6 cars and driver animations.. So it sucked you could only do single race or 2 car race with top down. Now with GT5, you can have 16 car lineup with all 16 cars having full animations.. So it's a must to select if you have roof down or up!

Well, now we know the Tesla Roadster S will be in. The normal roadster is on the list, but just for the same of specifics, I think it should be said it's the S version.

Interviewer: If you could drive any car in the world you haven't driven yet, what would it be?

Kaz : I'd like to try driving the Tesla Roadster S actually.

Interviewer: Will that car be in the game?

Kaz :It will appear in the game, and I'm really itching to get the chance to drive that car.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1042835p1.html

According to the latest interview, we should be seeing the Tesla Model S in the game. It was translated as "Tesla Roadster S", but I'm pretty sure that Kaz meant the Model S.

According to the latest interview, we should be seeing the Tesla Model S in the game. It was translated as "Tesla Roadster S", but I'm pretty sure that Kaz meant the Model S.

There is a Tesla Roadster Sport though. But it could be the Model S, who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back