GT5 PD maybe it's time to do something DT scoring system?

• Thread starter JK83
  • 60 comments
Wow that must take some mad skills

So could someone talk me through it?

Its left , right, left , right , left , right, right .........nope i just cant get it

:lol:

Other thing peeps who is asking tune for that...well it's not rocket sciense when you see replay..

I never was a good drifter (always ended up between 10.000 and 20.000 position) but initially I tried to do my best with the cars i liked to drift. Finally I got fed up with the Cerberas and the Buicks that show up in the leader board and started to use them myself, never doing better than the above results but always much easier and faster.

What I mean is that I stopped having fun with the Drift Trials and I only use them as a quick way to get credits in a "let's get over with it" manner.

I believe that PD should pose restrictions in DTs and ban the cars that everybody uses just for the indulgement of seeing their names in the top 250 or (what I do) for getting easy money with no trouble at all.

After all there is no fun if you don't sweat a bit.

BTW this ferooz guy is a hell of a drifter and the fact that he usually is at leat in the top 10 no matter the restricion of the event prooves it. But he also falls in one of the above categories when there are no limits and uses the same car again and again. Then again if he didn't he probably would not appear in the leaderboard...

I never was a good drifter (always ended up between 10.000 and 20.000 position) but initially I tried to do my best with the cars i liked to drift. Finally I got fed up with the Cerberas and the Buicks that show up in the leader board and started to use them myself, never doing better than the above results but always much easier and faster.

What I mean is that I stopped having fun with the Drift Trials and I only use them as a quick way to get credits in a "let's get over with it" manner.

I believe that PD should pose restrictions in DTs and ban the cars that everybody uses just for the indulgement of seeing their names in the top 250 or (what I do) for getting easy money with no trouble at all.

After all there is no fun if you don't sweat a bit.

BTW this ferooz guy is a hell of a drifter and the fact that he usually is at leat in the top 10 no matter the restricion of the event prooves it. But he also falls in one of the above categories when there are no limits and uses the same car again and again. Then again if he didn't he probably would not appear in the leaderboard...
Yes he is one of best's in DT's..maybe best 👍

I realy hope PD put restricion's every DT's 👍

That is LAME!!! I wondered what was up with the top positions being in a '58 Subaru but never watched one.

The best I got was this. not sure if it's top 250 still but was then. EDIT Thought this said points also but I guess not...or I'm just blind. I think I was a little over 12,000 points but I could be wrong

082302_020600.jpg

I don't think I can get my Prius to slide :lol:

Bah! Of course you can :D

9eqizexe3kfbvnzc2cq0.jpg

jvljnga2aiseimbmdn0.jpg

That video was interesting to see btw, I always thought speed was important for the points, but apparently it isn't. Isn't speed a criteria in real life drifting??

My thoughts?
"It took me roughly an hour to beat that DT with a Blitz R34, and this *****r beats it with a exploit, he belongs on his own leaderboard of people who can't call themselves true drifters, and instead of earning the 500,000 CP, it should be deducted from his profile, and should be punished to drive the Subaru Young SS for all eternity in this, and any other racing game ever made, and should be banished from even touching cars."

that's my thought on it.

It's not strictly cheating given that anyone can do it without modifying or glitching the game. It's all got to do with GT5's poor scoring system. Honestly, you sometimes have to wonder "if you don't call that drifting, what is drifting?"

It's not strictly cheating given that anyone can do it without modifying or glitching the game. It's all got to do with GT5's poor scoring system. Honestly, you sometimes have to wonder "if you don't call that drifting, what is drifting?"

Not what's in that video lol

It's not cheating, but exploiting. I understand if it's there use it, but you'd think as long as PD has been doing GT games they could have done this better. I mean look at NFS Prostreet, if you're not doing a properly decent drift, you don't get the points.

Let's just say it's an unagreeable way to get to the top of the leaderboards :)

Not what's in that video lol

Nope, if only PD were to look around at all their competitors to see what they were doing. Grid was awesome for drifting, as was Shift 1 to a certain extent, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. Heck, even Shift 2's wonky handling couldn't manage to keep the smile from appearing on my face!

But for some reason I just don't feel any enjoyment from the feel of it in GT5, plus the fact that the points system seems to be completely wrong (in my opinion)

Drifting should be all about speed, angle of attack and how long you hold the slide - not "how close you are to a non-drifted racing line". Get slightly wide of a pre-determined "perfect" line and irrespective of speed or how far you've hung the back around you essentially get penalised.

(I only do the drift seasonals to see how I compare against my own friends, and never use the "usual suspects" for doing it either, it annoys me when I see a full board of TVR Speed 12's topping the boards all the time.)

I know what you mean. Like the current Mazda DT seasonal. You should get more points for doing 75-100mph in the middle of the track than you should for doing 35-40mph and rubbing the inside wall. But, you don't.

I know what you mean. Like the current Mazda DT seasonal. You should get more points for doing 75-100mph in the middle of the track than you should for doing 35-40mph and rubbing the inside wall. But, you don't.

This. I've had times when I felt like I actually had a decent drift around a corner (I pretty much suck at drifting, by the way) and get ~700 points. Then I've had other times where I'm creeping along the inside of a wall and racking up 3000+ points. I don't understand? :dunce:

They can just add PP to DT like..... in everything else... and eliminate all this issues, or have DT with specific cars for a change.

sdf
They can just add PP to DT like..... in everything else... and eliminate all this issues, or have DT with specific cars for a change.

How PP limit helps?
Check new DT replays and you see specific cars doesn't help :ouch:

Edit: I capture those replays and then you see.

It's so easy to setup any car to do that..

1960's Honda S Series: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse Drift Trial
This is a Drift Trial event on the Autumn Ring Mini using the 1960's S Series Honda Sportscars. There are no limitations on tuning, but tires are restricted to Comfort/Soft or less.

So DT with specific cars for a change doesnt help...

Last edited:
How PP limit helps?
Check new DT replays and you see specific cars doesn't help

Edit: I capture those replays and then you see.

It's so easy to setup any car to do that..

1960's Honda S Series: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse Drift Trial
This is a Drift Trial event on the Autumn Ring Mini using the 1960's S Series Honda Sportscars. There are no limitations on tuning, but tires are restricted to Comfort/Soft or less.

So DT with specific cars for a change doesnt help...

Now that is embarrassing, if i had tweeter i would have send it to Kaz.
You are right PP will not solve anything. 👍 my bad.

It seems that the game cares more (or only) about wheel-spin plus angle than speed.

They will have to do something to include speed in the equation...that i really don't think is something difficult cause GT5 already monitors in real time speed for many things when you play.

'rubbing the inside wall' shows control and accuracy. 'Clipping points' if you will. 75-100 mph shows comfort softs.

What would be the point if all it counted was angle and speed.
Anyway, like many other drifters, I only drift the DT seasonal for the cash, and drift online with friends regularly.

I had a really hard time getting the 9000 points for gold on the seasonal with the second vid. downloaded the replay to see how awesome this person must be and this? Also while doing the seasonal I found out that on the first turn I got the highest score I could but just accelerating (no ebrake) which kinda made me sad cause I was only drifting half of the curve..

BUT what I wanted to say was these people do this just so they can be on top of the leaderboards and be noticed. It's really sad.

lastly, exploiting is a synonym of cheating. which means they are literally the same thing -_-

Back