GT5 Racetrack Wish List V3.1

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 365 comments
I was just thinking about El Capitan; how about having a country-road type of track consisting of

a) American highways (think route 66)
b) British B-Roads (bumpy, sometimes narrow, treacherous, and windy)
c) Leafy country roads, possibly like those in Japan.
d) The roads in the Alps, like the Stelvio pass.

In these tracks it'd be nice if there were none of those 'race track paraphernalia'
such as armco and those thingies on corners, just pure roads. Maybe no spectators, nice for high speed cruising.

Also, in fact, how about introducing a spectator cam. Possibly unrealistic, but, as PD hasn't given a definite release date, they aren't committed and therefore can drag it on as long as they want.

I'm new here, so I'm wondering if you guys actually care to have all those tracks, or if you're just aiming to list every single one you can think of? These are the only ones I'm really worried about:

World Circuits:
-Autodromo Nazionale Monza
-Brands Hatch
-Bugatti Circuit (part of Sarthe)
-Circuit de La Sarthe ('70 and '08 versions)
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Circuit de Valencia
-Daytona International Speedway (Superspeedway and Road Course)
-Donington Park Circuit
-Ehra-Lessien Test Circuit
-Fiorano Circuit
-Fuji Speedway ('80s, '90s, '05 F, and '05 GT)
-Hockenheimring
-Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Road Course)
-Infineon Raceway (Sports Car and Stock Car Courses)
-Knockhill Circuit
-Lime Rock Park
-Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
-Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
-Miller Motorsports Park
-Mosport International Raceway
-Mugello Circuit
-Nurburgring (Nordschleife and GP)
-Road America
-Road Atlanta
-Sebring International Raceway
-Sepang Circuit
-Silverstone Circuit
-Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit
-Suzuka Circuit (full, East, and West courses)
-Top Gear Test Track (dry and wet)
-Tsukuba Circuit (dry and wet courses)
-Twin Ring Motegi (Road, East, West, and Oval courses)
-Watkins Glen International
-Willow Springs International Motorsports Park

Street Circuits:
-Belle Isle
-Circuit de Monaco (Cote d'Azur)
-Citta Di Aria
-Clubman Stage Route 5
-Costa di Amalfi
-George V Paris
-Hong Kong
-Houston
-Las Vegas Strip
-London
-Long Beach
-New York
-Opera Paris
-Rome Circuit (full and short courses)
-Rome Night
-Seattle Circuit (full and short courses)
-Seoul Central
-Special Stage Route 5
-Special Stage Route 11
-St. Petersburg
-Tokyo R246

Rally:
-Cathedral Rocks (Trails I & II)
-Chamonix
-Green Forest Roadway
-Grand Canyon
-Ice Arena
-Pikes Peak (dirt and paved versions - the full road, not just the short section from GT2)
-Smokey Mountain (North and South courses)
-Swiss Alps
-Tahiti Circuit
-Tahiti Dirt Route 3
-Tahiti Maze
-Long point-to-point courses, such as you see in Targa rallies (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zuX9JMOM2FA)

Original Gran Turismo Circuits:
-Apricot Hill Raceway
-Autumn Ring (full and Mini courses)
-Beginner Course
-Complex String
-Deep Forest Raceway
-Eiger Nordwand
-El Capitan
-Grand Valley Speedway (full and East courses)
-Grindelwald
-High-Speed Ring
-Midfield Raceway
-Motorland
-Red Rock Valley
-Tahiti Road
-Test Course
-Trial Mountain Circuit

I'm new here, so I'm wondering if you guys actually care to have all those tracks, or if you're just aiming to list every single one you can think of?
First of all, welcome to GTP. And I can guarantee you that These tracks are there because these users actually want to see these tracks in GT.

World Circuits:
-Autodromo Nazionale Monza
-Brands Hatch
-Bugatti Circuit (part of Sarthe)
-Circuit de La Sarthe ('70 and '08 versions)
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Circuit de Valencia
-Daytona International Speedway (Superspeedway and Road Course)
-Donington Park Circuit
-Ehra-Lessien Test Circuit
-Fiorano Circuit
-Fuji Speedway ('80s, '90s, '05 F, and '05 GT)
-Hockenheimring
-Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Road Course)
-Infineon Raceway (Sports Car and Stock Car Courses)
-Knockhill Circuit
-Lime Rock Park
-Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
-Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
-Miller Motorsports Park
-Mosport International Raceway
-Mugello Circuit
-Nurburgring (Nordschleife and GP)
-Road America
-Road Atlanta
-Sebring International Raceway
-Sepang Circuit
-Silverstone Circuit
-Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit
-Suzuka Circuit (full, East, and West courses)
-Top Gear Test Track (dry and wet)
-Tsukuba Circuit (dry and wet courses)
-Twin Ring Motegi (Road, East, West, and Oval courses)
-Watkins Glen International
-Willow Springs International Motorsports Park

Street Circuits:
-Belle Isle
-Circuit de Monaco (Cote d'Azur)
-Citta Di Aria
-Clubman Stage Route 5
-Costa di Amalfi
-George V Paris
-Hong Kong
-Houston
-Las Vegas Strip
-London
-Long Beach
-New York
-Opera Paris
-Rome Circuit (full and short courses)
-Rome Night
-Seattle Circuit (full and short courses)
-Seoul Central
-Special Stage Route 5
-Special Stage Route 11
-St. Petersburg
-Tokyo R246

Rally:
-Cathedral Rocks (Trails I & II)
-Chamonix
-Green Forest Roadway
-Grand Canyon
-Ice Arena
-Pikes Peak (dirt and paved versions - the full road, not just the short section from GT2)
-Smokey Mountain (North and South courses)
-Swiss Alps
-Tahiti Circuit
-Tahiti Dirt Route 3
-Tahiti Maze
-Long point-to-point courses, such as you see in Targa rallies (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zuX9JMOM2FA)

Original Gran Turismo Circuits:
-Apricot Hill Raceway
-Autumn Ring (full and Mini courses)
-Beginner Course
-Complex String
-Deep Forest Raceway
-Eiger Nordwand
-El Capitan
-Grand Valley Speedway (full and East courses)
-Grindelwald
-High-Speed Ring
-Midfield Raceway
-Motorland
-Red Rock Valley
-Tahiti Road
-Test Course
-Trial Mountain Circuit
These are all already listed my friend, some confirmed as well as seen.

Have you seen our car wishlist? Makes this look like a grocery list in comparison.

It's a WISH-list. No, we do NOT expect PD to create every single racetrack. We're just putting the names out there. "Hey! we know you're busy, but if you have the time, Check this one out!" That's kind of the purpose, the rhyme and reason.

EDIT: RACECAR, ya treed me. He's suggesting an abbreviated list of racetracks that PD could realistically model, but I just explained that that's not our purpose.

If you search up the last thread, either 3.0 or 2.0, there's a link to a news article somewhere that says that PD and the Hulmans have signed a deal for Indy to be in GT5 proper.

I think they should add more night races lke the Singapore F1 and Qatar Moto GP
Read the opening post of this thread: Singapore is already on it (I should know as I'm the one who mentioned it first in the old thread), and Qatar probably is, too.

Willow Springs International is already listed, but we need the other major tracks in the complex:

Streets of Willow Springs
Horsethief Mile

I'm thinking Horsethief might be less unlikely than it might seem, as it's played host to several Best Motoring events. Streets is hopeful as well - it was in Battle Gear 4, and is the location for a ton of time trial/time attack events.

The Qatar Crcuit held it's first Moto GP Event this year from 7-9 March. It is at Losail.
Circuit length:
3.355 miles/5.400 km
Circuit type
Permanent road course

pre-qatar-circuit.jpg

May I humbly suggest the older, longer versions of Sebring (e.g. one from the 1970s and one from the mid-1980s)?

Also, the NASCAR- and short-versions of Riverside, plus another defunct but, unlike RIR, still largely intact American road course: Meadowdale International Raceway (closed in 1969, IIRC, and originally had an awesome last corner called the "Monza wall"). Poke around and the 'Net see what you can find. :)

I don't think having dormant/extinct circuits is really an obstacle. After all, PD included two versions of Fuji that are long since defunct now that the entire place has been Tilke-fied.

I don't think having dormant/extinct circuits is really an obstacle. After all, PD included two versions of Fuji that are long since defunct now that the entire place has been Tilke-fied.

Actually it was Fuji Speedway '80s (sans chicanes) and Fuji Speedway '90s (with chicanes) that existed at the time and that was photographed and measured by PD, IIRC.
The new Tilke-fied version, therefore, had to be based entirely on blueprints and whatnot (for GT4, anyway; not sure if they went back to document the new version "in the flesh" for GT5:P and GT5).
I guess what I'm saying is that (thankfully) yes, including real world tracks that they didn't/couldn't go out and measure would not be without precedent. I can almost see PD employees knocking on doors of people living in one of the housing tracts built on the site of Riverside International Raceway, politely asking the residents if they can climb up on their roof and photograph the surrounding Box Springs mountain range to make sure they get the in-game backgrounds right... :D

I would like to see limerock part in CT usa because i've raced on it before and would like to do it again virtually. :) Although it is a pretty mundane track.

I would like to see limerock part in CT usa because i've raced on it before and would like to do it again virtually. :) Although it is a pretty mundane track.
That track is already listed, both configurations if I recall. I do share you wish though as the track looks fun to race on.

I am SO sorry for letting this go. List updated.

and I had NO Idea that Qatar was a country. Sorry...Qatarians...Qatarites...whatever...for a stupid Yankee's ignorance.

I'm surprised someone nominated Grattan Raceway, you beat me to it! What a lovely, lovely little local racetrack, one that has gained a bit of attention after Car and Driver Magazine began to test cars there a little more than a year ago. I've been around the track numerous times on a bike (probably somewhere around 200+ laps), and I've done at least 5-10 in a car (Camaroboy's '69 Camaro SS).

The track is just plain awesome, but unfortunately, it may be too small for Polyphony to ever put in in there.

Looks like the rest of my ideas have already been called for, in general, a preference towards vintage F1 courses and other street layouts that were used throughout the '60s and '70s around the world.

Personally id love to see Mondello Park in GT5 being from Ireland or at least a few of the UK tracks that are in use in BTCC/Formula Ford like Brands hatch, silverstone, donigton etc....more so to practice on before racing! haha

Worldwide tracks like Spa, Monza, Hockenheim, AVUS, Bahrain, the old Caesars palace track in Vegas!! Circuit Charade, Zolder, the full Zandvoort track, Paul ricard, Ostereichring etc....man i cud go on and on but i think you all get the picture!!

I'm surprised someone nominated Grattan Raceway, you beat me to it! What a lovely, lovely little local racetrack, one that has gained a bit of attention after Car and Driver Magazine began to test cars there a little more than a year ago. I've been around the track numerous times on a bike (probably somewhere around 200+ laps), and I've done at least 5-10 in a car (Camaroboy's '69 Camaro SS).

The track is just plain awesome, but unfortunately, it may be too small for Polyphony to ever put in in there.

Looks like the rest of my ideas have already been called for, in general, a preference towards vintage F1 courses and other street layouts that were used throughout the '60s and '70s around the world.

I do believe CAMAROBOY69 was the one who nominated that one, a couple versions ago.

Personally id love to see Mondello Park in GT5 being from Ireland or at least a few of the UK tracks that are in use in BTCC/Formula Ford like Brands hatch, silverstone, donigton etc....more so to practice on before racing! haha

Worldwide tracks like Spa, Monza, Hockenheim, AVUS, Bahrain, the old Caesars palace track in Vegas!! Circuit Charade, Zolder, the full Zandvoort track, Paul ricard, Ostereichring etc....man i cud go on and on but i think you all get the picture!!

Strange, though, that all the ones you named have already been put up, huh?

Strange, though, that all the ones you named have already been put up, huh?

Sorry dude, didnt read through the whole thread before i posted. just shot off the top of my head what id like personally not what anyone else thought. :)

Was Mondello Park mentioned already?? if so then 👍

Back