GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its "SPENT the past ..." not spend; if you want another word match go read a thesaurus.You show some hypocrisy about using rhetoric whilst you were using it as well. Kinda defeats your own argument! You were the protagonist of "PD doesn't do enough to sell GT". I told you that theres a month left before the game is released and they could change the amount of available information in a day. Low and behold the VERY NEXT DAY, we get the features, car list, new trailer, tracks etc. Where's your "trend" at now? Wheres that "history" you based your negativity off of? Imo, not so odd, you were mighty quiet about that. Btw, calling you kid is not literal, just what we say where I'm from, man.

Where's the trend now of what, I also said if you had paid attention instead of trying to find petty misspells or typos you'd see that I also said that PD tend to release such features later on. I also gave you specifics of what PD try to avoid showing more of or explaining prior to release. I never said that PD wouldn't release more info, I did say they would probably not do so in regards to features that they rather hype. If you go back and look you'll see that. However, telling us what cars doesn't help us understand the physics, new customization features and other things that were previously hyped. We've already had many threads hyping and predicting what tracks would be in the game, but from you're reasoning if you don't like my and others assumptions about PD you must not like how they predicted tracks. Also it's a two way street on the kid comment, regardless of where you come from, I obviously come from some where else and most would consider it an ignorant dig.

Oh by the way the trend still works out. If you want a full and encompassing understanding of how PD operate from the perspective I've seen over the past 10-15 years just ask. I will provide sufficient evidence.

Its "WERE changed...", not where (just trying to help, not being nitpicky) and the physics are, from PD's words, redone with help from the new tire and suspension and cfd model.

And we're still on this route, along with doing university work and multi tasking this on my phone or comp, things do tend to slide on by that spell checks and auto corrects don't catch. A few typos here and there happen, I wish you'd actually rebuke correctly instead of arguing around what is asked of you or going off on tangents.

I was trying to help him with the words like were/where spend/spent. Not criticising his spelling. I even told him I wasnt picking on him. ;) But oh kay. And "word match" was suppose to = argument! I see my attempt at humor has failed!!!!

Hard to believe when most of what you've done is out of spite, while I only challenge you because I disagree. Like I do with tons of people on here everyday. Not sure why you see it as a personal matter.

Jay
I don't think we can buy paint personally. I think these colours are the chip you have acquired and the cost ($3000 in this case) is the price of spraying the car, not buying the paint.

Check the range of colours in that list... small and random, like they came from acquired chips.
That's exactly what I meant lol... but anyway.

Jay
I don't think we can buy paint personally. I think these colours are the chip you have acquired and the cost ($3000 in this case) is the price of spraying the car, not buying the paint.

Check the range of colours in that list... small and random, like they came from acquired chips.
if it was price for spraying and not the price of the paint whats the purpose of writing price of all the paint, unlike GT5 where any paint spray would be same price

Where's the trend now of what, I also said if you had paid attention instead of trying to find petty misspells or typos you'd see that I also said that PD tend to release such features later on. I also gave you specifics of what PD try to avoid showing more of or explaining prior to release. I never said that PD wouldn't release more info, I did say they would probably not do so in regards to features that they rather hype. If you go back and look you'll see that. However, telling us what cars doesn't help us understand the physics, new customization features and other things that were previously hyped. We've already had many threads hyping and predicting what tracks would be in the game, but from you're reasoning if you don't like my and others assumptions about PD you must not like how they predicted tracks. Also it's a two way street on the kid comment, regardless of where you come from, I obviously come from some where else and most would consider it an ignorant dig.

Oh by the way the trend still works out. If you want a full and encompassing understanding of how PD operate from the perspective I've seen over the past 10-15 years just ask. I will provide sufficient evidence.

And we're still on this route, along with doing university work and multi tasking this on my phone or comp, things do tend to slide on by that spell checks and auto corrects don't catch. A few typos here and there happen, I wish you'd actually rebuke correctly instead of arguing around what is asked of you or going off on tangents.

Hard to believe when most of what you've done is out of spite, while I only challenge you because I disagree. Like I do with tons of people on here everyday. Not sure why you see it as a personal matter.

Yeah... I'm seriously getting tired of mods screening the forums and wanna be mods doing as well. I couldn't give a damn if some of us don't spell as if it were a final for a literature class, or have incorrect punctuation. Crossing between forums to stay up to speed with multiple topics and maintain a perfect thesis our whatever isn't always a top priority..

Sure if that's how the whole reply is structured, but I couldn't give a damn.. sod off and find something to fix of yourself because no one is perfect.

One month to go and they don't release news about the game. Really disappointed :(
Funny you mentioned that, I was thinking the same thing when I woke up yesterday. I was wondering why is that I am not looking at this game in the weekend newspaper adds? I was thinking why is it why is that with such an important release on the horizon, why is it that I'm not playing a demo at my local game store? The thought of a title that has so much on the line and its trying to appeal to old hardware seems baffling to me that me not to promote it heavily.

I'm just saying.

Funny you mentioned that, I was thinking the same thing when I woke up yesterday. I was wondering why is that I am not looking at this game in the weekend newspaper adds? I was thinking why is it why is that with such an important release on the horizon, why is it that I'm not playing a demo at my local game store? The thought of a title that has so much on the line and its trying to appeal to old hardware seems baffling to me that me not to promote it heavily.

I'm just saying.

Also interesting because I too woke up this morning winner why I haven't heard more info about gt in a while

if it was price for spraying and not the price of the paint whats the purpose of writing price of all the paint, unlike GT5 where any paint spray would be same price

Some paints might cost to paint than others, like pearls, chrome etc in a attempt to mimic reality (due to difficulty) or exclusiveness.

Jay
Some paints might cost to paint than others, like pearls, chrome etc in a attempt to mimic reality (due to difficulty) or exclusiveness.
Yeh I'd go with this. Or even more expensive the car, the more expensive the paint job. I can't image the price is the same to paint a VW golf chrome compared with Veyron (excluding size difference) in reality.

Yeah... I'm seriously getting tired of mods screening the forums and wanna be mods doing as well. I couldn't give a damn if some of us don't spell as if it were a final for a literature class, or have incorrect punctuation. Crossing between forums to stay up to speed with multiple topics and maintain a perfect thesis our whatever isn't always a top priority..

Sure if that's how the whole reply is structured, but I couldn't give a damn.. sod off and find something to fix of yourself because no one is perfect.

👎

I'm reading a lot of nice things in the website, expecially on the screenshots.
The career with this stars thing, coffe breaks (ahaha yeah), special events that looks like an hybrid between the ones in gt5 and the missions in gt4, on pit service we finally can see the conditions of body rigidity and engine not just oil, paint chips are gone since we can buy them AND see a preview of the paint as well (finally). The quick match option for the online it's great too.
And anyway, the menu looks really awesome and smooth, they did a good job on that graphic side, also they way how you see the car in your garage or in the dealership it's nice.

2 other details no one has mentioned... In the GT Auto you can see the wheels drooping when on the lift... That is cool! it always drove me nuts in GT 5 when the car would go up and the tires didn't move...

And have you noticed that the reflections on the cars from a white showroom seem to be reflecting trees against a white sky?

And have you noticed that the reflections on the cars from a white showroom seem to be reflecting trees against a white sky?
All the showroom car photos on the GT website are like that - it's a reflection from the Kyoto Shoren-In phototravel location.

After hearing of the news about the wing being removed from the list, I decided to look over the list again. I noticed the Delta Wing wasn't the only car removed, I would give a detail brief but I never had a chance to print the list out. A total of 20 cars have been removed.

After hearing of the news about the wing being removed from the list, I decided to look over the list again. I noticed the Delta Wing wasn't the only car removed, I would give a detail brief but I never had a chance to print the list out. A total of 20 cars have been removed.
Just when this game is looking good, they go and try to ruin it.:rolleyes:

I'm just saying.

Sony has to launch a brand new console between now December 6th. If they blow their marketing budget on GT6 before the PS4 launches they will end up muddying the water. Once the PS4 hits shelves I think we will see more of a push for GT6 in the run up to release.

Sony has to launch a brand new console between now December 6th. If they blow their marketing budget on GT6 before the PS4 launches they will end up muddying the water. Once the PS4 hits shelves I think we will see more of a push for GT6 in the run up to release.
Good point but, with the income that this title brings Sony by on its own, one would think that is a non factor.

Good point but, with the income that this title brings Sony by on its own, one would think that is a non factor.

Also a good point, but as a fair amount of members here will tell you, GT can sell on its name alone. Besides, as much as this will bring Sony money, I imagine the PS4's release, with all the associated systems, accessories, games, and PS+ subscriptions, will bring even more.

We'll surely see the ads for GT6, but probably not in full force until after the weekend of the 15th 👍

Heres what you said in another thread
Being vague is quite asinine and expectant of their fan base just to buy on impulse or loyalty. It's perfectly fine to question and want to see what they actually plan to provide.
Now its something different.
your text
My intention is my intention. Sorry you feel like I challenged you in a personal manner. I see youre getting off that track. I said nothing about predictions. I called you out for saying things like that quote above concerning information being released by PD.

No thanks. Theres no trend imo. They release information when they feel the game is ready to release. Makes sense to me.
I have, and then you change your tune on the timeliness of game info and say your trend still works when it doesn't since no one knows how PD operate in that sense.
Seems you took 'kid' personal but it was just a slang term. I don't take your posts seriously, or to heart. Just question your logic. Don't see how you get spite out of anything I said. You aren't my enemy or even my rival. Just a picture of a corvette in a forum, man! ;) (Sorry for the kid remark)

ON THE GT6 CAR LIST THERE IS NO MENTIONING OF THE F2007/F2010 . I DON'T THINK ANYONE MENTIONED THAT AS YET.

Also a good point, but as a fair amount of members here will tell you, GT can sell on its name alone. Besides, as much as this will bring Sony money, I imagine the PS4's release, with all the associated systems, accessories, games, and PS+ subscriptions, will bring even more.

We'll surely see the ads for GT6, but probably not in full force until after the weekend of the 15th 👍
I'm guessing that's what we are banking on this time around. That core fan base will support the brand. I was on the bandwagon with my preorder day one however, I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about the casual fan. You know as well as I do that the numbers haven't been as great as they were a few releases ago.

ON THE GT6 CAR LIST THERE IS NO MENTIONING OF THE F2007/F2010 . I DON'T THINK ANYONE MENTIONED THAT AS YET.
No worries, you've got PD's very own premium FGT...wait what?...:sly:

It's true, Gran Turismo sells itself these days.

I'm guessing that's what we are banking on this time around. That core fan base will support the brand. I was on the bandwagon with my preorder day one however, I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about the casual fan. You know as well as I do that the numbers haven't been as great as they were a few releases ago.

Strictly speaking; sort-of, ish, kind-of ;). GT5's numbers, taken on their own, are very impressive. It's only when you compare it to the other games in the series that it seems less good - or when you take into consideration how many of those sales were the discounted XL version.

I've said it before in other threads though; the main concern I'd have with GT6's sales aren't actually that centered on the lukewarm critical reception of GT5, though that certainly should be taken into consideration. The PS4 launching three weeks earlier, and the main console-based competitor a week after that (on a next-gen system) might affect it. The obvious counter to that is that for the established install base, $60 is a drop in the bucket compared to spending a few hundred on the new systems. But for those looking to buy the new systems this month, I imagine the lure of buying a racing game for the "old" PS3 the following month is greatly diminished. GT6 faces a release date with more complications than any previous title in the series has - so it's just as complicated to come up with some estimates.

On closer look, I don't think we can buy paint.
From the GT6 website the Paint caption says:
"In addition to car body paint supplied in the colour of the cars you have acquired, in the future there will also be special paint items that will be distributed in online events."

Doesn't say that you can buy paint from the store at all - only paint from cars that you already bought.

If you compare it to the Racing Gear section:

Racing gear for your in-game driver avatar can be purchased here using in-game credits.

Strictly speaking; sort-of, ish, kind-of ;). GT5's numbers, taken on their own, are very impressive. It's only when you compare it to the other games in the series that it seems less good - or when you take into consideration how many of those sales were the discounted XL version.

I've said it before in other threads though; the main concern I'd have with GT6's sales aren't actually that centered on the lukewarm critical reception of GT5, though that certainly should be taken into consideration. The PS4 launching three weeks earlier, and the main console-based competitor a week after that (on a next-gen system) might affect it. The obvious counter to that is that for the established install base, $60 is a drop in the bucket compared to spending a few hundred on the new systems. But for those looking to buy the new systems this month, I imagine the lure of buying a racing game for the "old" PS3 the following month is greatly diminished. GT6 faces a release date with more complications than any previous title in the series has - so it's just as complicated to come up with some estimates.

I think the complications you mention will result in GT6 being the lowest selling numbered GT game in the franchises history. It will still sell millions but I don't think we will see massive sales numbers again until GT7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back