GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has much relevant @Saenper, the question was asked about RM and if we had the options to do it again. Even though the cars I listed are from GT5 and with a slight name change doesn’t mean we won’t have RM cars anymore. Seeing the cars in the list with a slight name change is small proof that we’ll have RM in GT6

It's looking like we might not have any RM's, unfortunately.
Thats incorrect. This picture
i1GZ4rGQfsJPe8c.jpg

proves that you will be able to race modify your car. You will have to zoom, but the text in white (though hard to read) confirms it

proves that you will be able to race modify your car. You will have to zoom, but the text in white (though hard to read) confirms it
I just read it, but still don't see it.

I had the wrong picture up first. I edited it (though the first picture had the same text) because its easier to read. The first picture's text was blocked by the tires etc.

I could be wrong, but that block of text seems copy/pasted from GT5.

Its still listed on the GT6 part of the website. Copy pasted means nothing. Hell, some cars could be copy pasted from GT5.

For those that can't read it - it says; "we'll even paint your cars or perform racing modifications to transform your favorite car into a full racing machine."

I bet there's a big disclaimer somewhere about these pictures being from a pre-final version of the game, and not necessarily representative etc. etc. There's a chance that was a mistake.

So theyll cut a feature that was an asked for return? Don't think so, but I'm not a fortune teller so don't quote me on it.

Maybe a dumb question, maybe it's already been confirmed or discussed elsewhere but does the new suspension/aerodynamic system apply to all vehicles? Both standard & premium?

Well, since there is no seperation between Standard and Premium cars anymore, you can assume that both use the new tire/suspension/aero model.

Maybe a dumb question, maybe it's already been confirmed or discussed elsewhere but does the new suspension/aerodynamic system apply to all vehicles? Both standard & premium?

That's the kind of thing people are going to be arguing about for months, I expect.

If done properly, as general systems (in the sense of "physics is physics"), there's no reason the existing data can't just be "translated" and new data acquired as necessary for any new parameters introduced in the new models.

The new aero model is a great example, potentially: it seems PD are using CFD to characterise each car at different angles to the air flow. That's easy if you have an accurate model of the car's body, assuming the CFD is validated somehow (N24...)

That's the kind of thing people are going to be arguing about for months, I expect.

If done properly, as general systems (in the sense of "physics is physics"), there's no reason the existing data can't just be "translated" and new data acquired as necessary for any new parameters introduced in the new models.

The new aero model is a great example, potentially: it seems PD are using CFD to characterise each car at different angles to the air flow. That's easy if you have an accurate model of the car's body, assuming the CFD is validated somehow (N24...)

I still get this sinking feeling that there will once again be a defined split between premium features & standard features, just like GT5. It concerns me as someone who primarily used standard cars in GT5 due to the variety of them.

Its still listed on the GT6 part of the website. Copy pasted means nothing. Hell, some cars could be copy pasted from GT5.

Text being copied and pasted is different than cars. It could be a placeholder, the main issue is it may say it but just like paints being put on par to a livery editor by PD, the same may be said with many more wings and some aero upgrades. We still don't know if it RM as we saw in GT5 or changed to just upgrades. I'm sure you'll be happy if we all just wait for release to find out though.

They should be the same, the only difference in physics that we might have to worry about is offline vs online like in GT5. It would take far more work to go through and separate for each premium

Face it, as much as we cringe about what pd could have done instead of the moon rover... A special event that has a time trial in near zero gravity will be a hoot... And possibly quite fun...

There! I had to say it... Flame away!

Thats incorrect. This picture
i1GZ4rGQfsJPe8c.jpg

Man you must've been doing some zooming to see that..

Text being copied and pasted is different than cars. It could be a placeholder, the main issue is it may say it but just like paints being put on par to a livery editor by PD, the same may be said with many more wings and some aero upgrades. We still don't know if it RM as we saw in GT5 or changed to just upgrades. I'm sure you'll be happy if we all just wait for release to find out though.
Yes, unlike some impatient members who must know every detail of games to justify their criticism that they aren't "sold" on it. Plus your digs are weak, kid. You need new material.

And text being copy pasted to a new image (two separate images) on the website shows me that Race Modifications will be included, like the carried over cars and other features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back