GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Some shadows flickering are a side-effect of the dynamic lighting engine required to render changing time and weather.

It happens at the start for 2 or 3 seconds, nothing serious.

We must not forget that we are on PS3. I recall :

- PD implement dynamic tesselation on PS3
- 12 % increase of the resolution compared to GT5, GT6 will be 1440x1080p
- Better lighting
- Astronomical simulation
- Suppression of pixelated shadows in cockpit view
- Clean smoke and rain
- More animations on the track
- No tearing
- Anti-aliasing

Necessarily improvements will impact something as flickering and framerate.

I assure you, we will not see flicker in photo mode ;)

- I thought you need to DECREASE resolution, if your "60 fps" racing game cannot maintain stable frame-rate. No one needs 1280x1080 or 1440x1080 with those sacrifices. 720p are enough for current-gen.
- Pixelerated shadows in cockpit view? Really? That was MUCH higher resolution shadows, and what they did just reduce that resolution to ridiculously low value and add smooth filter upon it. Just like FM3,FM4.

Many were doubtful it would have a modeled interior. I don't think its too bad...very futuristic though

I guess it's futuristic, it's super cool but it seems like they took two W04s and put them in the car and gave it some nice extended tid bits. It's a two seat F1 car inside basically.

Love it and surprised to see it deviate abit from the real thing with the wing. Love that it sorta follows the same futuristic motif the GT by Citroen did.

The interior! :crazy::crazy:

i18l3BqPWeysudB.jpg

That steering wheel looks a little off.

- I thought you need to DECREASE resolution, if your "60 fps" racing game cannot maintain stable frame-rate. No one needs 1280x1080 or 1440x1080 with those sacrifices. 720p are enough for current-gen.
- Pixelerated shadows in cockpit view? Really? That was MUCH higher resolution shadows, and what they did just reduce that resolution to ridiculously low value and add smooth filter upon it. Just like FM3,FM4.

1080p picture is much sharper and cleaner than 720p.

Maybe, PoDi should keep 1280x1080p instead of increasing by 12%. But knowing that few will see a drop of 10 fps, PoDi wanted to go further .... Personally, I think it's great when a developer takes risks by going to limits of PS3.

The flickering shadows are a joke. Not sure if I should just wait and see what they come up with for GT7.
Relax, look at it again. It isn't that bad really, is it?

As others have said, sometimes you have to take a step back with technology to make leaps in features/performance. In this case, the fact that the lighting model has been ramped up, the resolution and a bunch of other stuff has been improved, means that there are a few glitches on the shadows. So what?

Compromises have to be made with these things. The fact that this is game that some mistook for a PS4 launch title, and is actually running on a 6 year old system with 256MB of system ram and 256mb gfx ram is nothing short of incredible. PD deserve credit here.

1080p picture is much sharper and cleaner than 720p.

Maybe, PoDi should keep 1280x1080p instead of increasing by 12%. But knowing that few will see a drop of 10 fps, PoDi wanted to go further .... Personally, I think it's great when a developer takes risks by going to limits of PS3.

1080p - yes, but GT not run in FullHD, you know.

Bad thing is that they sacrificed most important thing for racing game - stable 60fps (and who knows what else). And for what? For 1280x1080 upscaled to FullHD with bilinear scaler, thus adding blur, and all this while GT is not on PC, where people sitting close to monitor, it's on consoles. You can sit further from your display and ENJOY the game, but how you can enjoy it when it skip frames, it's UGLY. Hell, even XBone are struggling to run games at FullHD!!!

It's not even funny because it's PD who make this 60fps a "gold standard" for racing games, have popularized it. (as you know even very first GT1 has 60 fps mode). If they somehow make it to run 1440x1080p at flawless 60 fps there gonna be HUGE sacrifices.

To me it's just wrong DESIGN choice. Wrong because they thought PS3 can handle it, even with huge optimizations, but it turned out that it can't, but it was late. You know, doing GT6 - 720p, after GT5P and GT5 looked bit strange.

I just glad they optimized 720p mode (fingers crossed), and that PS4 just came out. We can finally forget this nightmare: delays, standard cars/tracks, frame drop/tearing, ugly shadows. GT7 is on the way.

P.S: Maybe someone forcing them? Console wars, 1080p, huge sales, 3D, you know...

Last edited:
Holy Bat:censored: Robin!

Can't even tell you how long it's been since I have sat a watched something where my jaw my as well have been dislocated from my head. Absolutely insane my want of GT6 is at an 11

And remember that we're getting like 20 more beasts like this from other manufacturers :D

1080p - yes, but GT not run in FullHD, you know.

Bad thing is that they sacrificed most important thing for racing game - stable 60fps (and who knows what else). And for what? For 1280x1080 upscaled to FullHD with bilinear scaler, thus adding blur, and all this while GT is not on PC, where people sitting close to monitor, it's on consoles. You can sit further from your display and ENJOY the game, but how you can enjoy it when it skip frames, it's UGLY. Hell, even XBone are struggling to run games at FullHD!!!

It's not even funny because it's PD who make this 60fps a "gold standard" for racing games, have popularized it. (as you know even very first GT1 has 60 fps mode). If they somehow make it to run 1440x1080p at flawless 60 fps there gonna be HUGE sacrifices.

To me it's just wrong DESIGN choice. Wrong because they thought PS3 can handle it, even with huge optimizations, but it turned out that it can't, but it was late. You know, doing GT6 - 720p, after GT5P and GT5 looked bit strange.

I just glad they optimized 720p mode (fingers crossed), and that PS4 just came out. We can finally forget this nightmare: delays, standard cars/tracks, frame drop/tearing, ugly shadows. GT7 is on the way.

P.S: Maybe someone forcing them? Console wars, 1080p, huge sales, 3D, you know...
Am I the only one that still feels spoiled by 60fps?

I remember the days when just getting a stable 30fps was the holy grail. 50-60fps was the land of the hi end coin-op arcade machines like Sega Rally and Ridge Racer.

Looks like 2 models. One with a fixed wing and one with a retractile wing.

Hope to get both on the game... GT6's images in the video only show the one with fixed wing though...

Relax, look at it again. It isn't that bad really, is it?

As others have said, sometimes you have to take a step back with technology to make leaps in features/performance. In this case, the fact that the lighting model has been ramped up, the resolution and a bunch of other stuff has been improved, means that there are a few glitches on the shadows. So what?

Compromises have to be made with these things. The fact that this is game that some mistook for a PS4 launch title, and is actually running on a 6 year old system with 256MB of system ram and 256mb gfx ram is nothing short of incredible. PD deserve credit here.

It is pretty bad, the part between 0:15 - 0:25 makes it look like there is something terribly wrong with either the TV or console, but it is just the game taking a step back in favor of a few technological leaps. Are the said improvement even worth speaking of? GT5 looked a bit cold but GT6 seems to be one of those games that will make my eyes bleed. Too much saturation for my taste.

Well, that Bathurst Replay has convinced me to not buy GT6 unless someone finds post release that there is a way to stop that GOD AWFUL flickering. I really can't play a game if it does that, it's just so horrible.

Well, that Bathurst Replay has convinced me to not buy GT6 unless someone finds post release that there is a way to stop that GOD AWFUL flickering. I really can't play a game if it does that, it's just so horrible.
I was avoiding watching the videos, to avoid spoilers. But your comment made me curious.

I have looked at the video.

You have come to the wrong conclusion.

Look at the left and right of the monitor screen. The gt banner in the room is flickering, moving.

This is not the game, it the Youtube filter/encoding.

The game is 100% silky smooth.

I think some posters here have completely drawn the wrong conclusions.

I was avoiding watching the videos, to avoid spoilers. But your comment made me curious.

I have looked at the video.

You have come to the wrong conclusion.

Look at the left and right of the monitor screen. The gt banner in the room is flickering, moving.

This is not the game, it the Youtube filter/encoding.

The game is 100% silky smooth.

I think some posters here have completely drawn the wrong conclusions.
I've re-watched it and see what you mean with the shaking posters, and the Brands Hatch Replay's Shadows look alright, so I hope you are correct.

Back