GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
When a race starts everyones view is set to in cockpit. Tested online at le mans 2013.

Also someone needs to do extensive camber testing. Been testing all day with different camber settings and 0.0 seems to be fastest still.

Dont think those lines will be going anywere. PS3 doesnt have the grunt to show GT6 in fullhd 3d - or then its just the passive 3d tvs with interlanced 3d.. do these exist in active 3d? anyone?

I do think the game looks absolutely horrible in a big screen passive 3d (tested once on 55" with 3d on..:yuck:) - almost unplayable with the striped screen.. back to PS2 or worst...

GT5 had a very good 3D mode. I honestly think it hasn't much to do with the PS3's limited capabilities, but in essence it's a bug. And it was never FullHD 3D, it has always been 720p (which is fine imo). My TV is Active 3D and still shows these horrid lines. And apart from these lines, 3D looks quite nice.

Just want to be sure you're not in need of an oil change. It is possible that some of the cars have had PP's tweaked, it's happened before. Just wanted to clarify. If the PP's did change, hopefully this isn't going to cause a problem getting cars into "tuning prohibited" races (which has been an issue in the past).
I suppose it is possible. It had 500PP last time I drove it.

The physical signal lights on the race circuit now working is one of the most pleasing things about this update for me, it's bugged me for years that they were permanently on green.

Now if we could just have a working flag system :) They tested one out in an old GT Academy demo, and the animations are already in the game thanks to the chequered flag man...

Has anybody noticed a change in any of their existing tunes with the camber change?

Worried I'm going to have to go through all my cars again :/

I am VERY happy with update 1.09 !
Tried my prize car VW Vision Roadster on my favorite track/race Nürburg 24'.
Car feels good,big fun to drive, even in wet conditions and HERE IT COMES:

THERE IS ACTUAL SPRAY NOW !!! :bowdown:

Something that's been bugging me for months.

Now the VW vision is very easy on fuel and OK on tires, so I did not pit.
Have to go back to see if we can see the pit crews behind in action ...

I would presume that the physics have been altered when you drive over rumble strips at the side of the road or bumps (for example the run off at the Spa chicane) to make the car react more - I haven't updated, but I would imagine that is what it's done.

As it stands the rumble strips don't unsettle the car very much at all, not very realistic IMHO

Edit: Tree'd twice :dunce:

Bloody hell the Kurbs must me respected now they push you out , off line no running over them physics feel much better with just this and camber fixed ,

Has anybody noticed a change in any of their existing tunes with the camber change?

Worried I'm going to have to go through all my cars again :/
That's the idea. The 0/0 which is on all my cars should now be slower than adding a proper amount of camber, which means if you want all your cars to be as fast as possible, yes they have to be retuned. Assuming they used the same type of camber effectiveness as GT5, settings of around 1.5/1.0 or 2.0/1.5 should be a good place to start. This is the cost of not getting major physics attributes right from the beginning and one of the reasons I gave up on my tuning garage. All the work I did originally is now obsolete and no way I'm going to test and re-test every car to make sure it works properly with camber.

The Toyota is an absolute treat. Little easier on gas at LeMans 24H than the Audi R18 (Joest & Prototype)... I mean 24M! :lol:

It's a challenge to win it like the R18 stock with just an oil change. But it's definitely possible. Happy racing guys! :cheers:

(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved

What do this actually mean? Only thing I don't understand with this update
I have a t500. I noticed huge changes in how the wheel behaves and I think it has to do with this. The wheel snaps more violently. Also it is now close to impossible, in some tracks to drive straight at high speeds without hands on the wheel (the wheel starts to go to both sides like a pendulum, each time more aggressively until the car spins).

You definitely feel the bumps and rumbles more on the wheel and the wheel behaves differently. I will need to relearn the game.

I was waiting for reports of other people before I post.

I have a t500. I noticed huge changes in how the wheel behaves and I think it has to do with this. The wheel snaps more violently. Also it is now close to impossible, in some tracks to drive straight at high speeds without hands on the wheel (the wheel starts to go to both sides like a pendulum, each time more aggressively until the car spins).

You definitely feel the bumps and rumbles more on the wheel and the wheel behaves differently. I will need to relearn the game.

I was waiting for reports of other people before I post.
Sounds exactly like the DFGT always have behaved? Thought that was just because of the deadzone on the wheel?

Bloody hell the Kurbs must me respected now they push you out , off line no running over them physics feel much better with just this and camber fixed ,
Sorry, is that an "I've tried and this is the result" or just based on my answer?

I hope it is right as the kerbs should unsettle the car. I also want to know if it varies dependant on the type of kerb, some are raised above the track, some a lower than the track - all of which should behave slightly differently.

I am excited for this!

Sorry, is that an "I've tried and this is the result" or just based on my answer?

I hope it is right as the kerbs should unsettle the car. I also want to know if it varies dependant on the type of kerb, some are raised above the track, some a lower than the track - all of which should behave slightly differently.

I am excited for this!
Yeah mate raised Kurbs bounced me into the barrier hard at Rome , I was like did that just happen then smiled and thought that's what would really happen if I chucked such a low car up a high kerb it was nice. It's exactly like u described and would expect

PD trolling with the camber. :) At least they've been listening...

I'm liking the cars and the track, I've forgotten about the A1 ring since it fell out of the F1 calender, so it'll be nice to plug laps around it when I get a chance. That 600MB is eating into my data allowance though.... probably only have 5GB to last me til next month now :(

Yeah mate raised Kurbs bounced me into the barrier hard at Rome , I was like did that just happen then smiled and thought that's what would really happen if I chucked such a low car up a high kerb it was nice. It's exactly like u described and would expect
Can't play until tomorrow, but that update alone has made me excited to jump on the nurb. Some of those kerbs and lumps must be massively different.

If anyone can hot-lap the ring in a roadcar they're familiar with and report back I would be their friend for life. (well, maybe an hour or so anyway... :D)

I am excited for this!
More responsive physics on curbs was already a part of GT6, it was in the GT6 demo last year. The sausage curb before the S/F line at Silverstone was downright violent. I think it was removed because it was too realistic with an early update. Nurburgring was much tougher in the beginning as well IMO.

PD trolling with the camber. :) At least they've been listening...

I'm liking the cars and the track, I've forgotten about the A1 ring since it fell out of the F1 calender, so it'll be nice to plug laps around it when I get a chance. That 600MB is eating into my data allowance though.... probably only have 5GB to last me til next month now :(
Mate your in the UK get with virgin media £40 a month for 60 meg no limit connection TiVo box a hd box for bedroom no limits , and a great broadband router.

Can't play until tomorrow, but that update alone has made me excited to jump on the nurb. Some of those kerbs and lumps must be massively different.

If anyone can hot-lap the ring in a roadcar they're familiar with and report back I would be their friend for life. (well, maybe an hour or so anyway... :D)
Will do let u know now

The hybrid system on the TS030 acts like a short nitrous that is always on if it is charged. You can not save it, it will be used almost immediately. It can be charged only by braking, and it can only be used if you are on the throttle. It is affected by fuel consumption; it depletes and recharges at the same rate for no consumption and "normal" consumption, faster for "fast" and more so for "very fast".

Side note:100 liters of fuel is 73 kg

When a race starts everyones view is set to in cockpit. Tested online at le mans 2013.
just tested that, incorrect.

More responsive physics on curbs was already a part of GT6, it was in the GT6 demo last year. The sausage curb before the S/F line at Silverstone was downright violent. I think it was removed because it was too realistic with an early update. Nurburgring was much tougher in the beginning as well IMO.
Tougher is good. People complain about the AI, but with a track like the nurb throwing me all over the place I'd much rather hot-lap it until I get it right.

To each their own, but I hope they've brought that physics element back.

Mate your in the UK get with virgin media £40 a month for 60 meg no limit connection TiVo box a hd box for bedroom no limits , and a great broadband router.
I live in a static caravan on a traveller's site at the moment. No landline....

Back