GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
Any more information on this? Does it pertain to racing online or just offline (which would be a bit useless)?
What it means is that the Signal Lamp at the track is now working.

Try the X2014 FanCar Challenge at Monza for example. At start, focus on the Signal Lamp.

What it means is that the Signal Lamp at the track is now working.

Try the X2014 FanCar Challenge at Monza for example. At start, focus on the Signal Lamp.

I'm online concerned with online racing. If it doesn't work online then I'll probably never see it.

EDIT: And no, I won't be driving a Red Bull X car, thank you. :P :lol:

(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved

What do this actually mean? Only thing I don't understand with this update

(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved

maybe less stupid rollover when using cornerstones
and for bumps, no stupid behavior like lifting the rear and stand on the nose on tracks like cape ring, nurburgring or cote d'azur

i hope it's that

I would presume that the physics have been altered when you drive over rumble strips at the side of the road or bumps (for example the run off at the Spa chicane) to make the car react more - I haven't updated, but I would imagine that is what it's done.

As it stands the rumble strips don't unsettle the car very much at all, not very realistic IMHO

Edit: Tree'd twice :dunce:

Did anyone test the 3D mode to see if the hideous vertical transparent lines are still present?

Btw, did anyone ever suspect or indicate that the Red Bull Ring was coming to GT? I personally haven't seen anything until two days ago. It's quite nice to see that they can keep information confidential and release a track out of thin air. Hopefully the next one is Interlagos :)

Another line of text that should be amended :scared:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12
Possible change in the PP calculation. My 500pp GT40 is now at 493. My 599pp M5 is now at 597pp. I know those specifically because of the Seasonals.

Just want to be sure you're not in need of an oil change. It is possible that some of the cars have had PP's tweaked, it's happened before. Just wanted to clarify. If the PP's did change, hopefully this isn't going to cause a problem getting cars into "tuning prohibited" races (which has been an issue in the past).

Just want to be sure you're not in need of an oil change. It is possible that some of the cars have had PP's tweaked, it's happened before. Just wanted to clarify. If the PP's did change, hopefully this isn't going to cause a problem getting cars into "tuning prohibited" races (which has been an issue in the past).
I think you're right, none of my pp values have changed.

Audi R8 Ultra handling is fixed now. I had the car before the update, and I had to 'Default' my "old default" suspension.

The new default setting added more rear camber, and this shows that camber is fixed as well, since rear camber now increases stability.

Suspension feels more compliant with my short time driving with GTI VGT, TS030, 97T and R8. Might be placebo, but I think flipping cars at kerbs are difficult now.

Updates like this make me truly appreciate GT. We just got 3 cars and 2 track layouts for what price? Oh that's right it was free.:sly: An update like this would cost at least 5 bucks with most other games.
IKR.
Previously in GT5, PD charged 1 Dollar Each for a HSV, GTR Academy, and a BRZ.

Perhaps the explanation for this is that PD/Kaz also felt GT6 not different enough from GT5. So they add more free features and also cars.

I also think that those 3 cars (Not sure about that livery swap GTR) are actually modeled from launch like Senna's Lotus (opening movie).

Its sad to think everyone is getting overly excited because the dlc is free.. it all should be free like it used to be and anything paid goes into the 'expansion.' Developers have been half assing their games so they can nickel and dime you with stuff that should have been included on release or as a free thank you for supporting us..

Hats off to PD for giving us little freebies while we wait on the things that are late. 👍

Here's a short a clip of the lights: (They're kinda hard to see.)

@TheProRacer, you might wanna add the video to the OP so people know what "Signal Starts" are.

Thanks Ameer. I'm guessing this was offline? It's a nice addition, but kinda pointless with the artificial lights still displayed on the screen. Not complaining, just hoped it would be more effective.

Thanks Ameer. I'm guessing this was offline? It's a nice addition, but kinda pointless with the artificial lights still displayed on the screen. Not complaining, just hoped it would be more effective.

Online. I don't even think you can do false starts offline.

Did anyone test the 3D mode to see if the hideous vertical transparent lines are still present?

Btw, did anyone ever suspect or indicate that the Red Bull Ring was coming to GT? I personally haven't seen anything until two days ago. It's quite nice to see that they can keep information confidential and release a track out of thin air. Hopefully the next one is Interlagos :)

Dont think those lines will be going anywere. PS3 doesnt have the grunt to show GT6 in fullhd 3d - or then its just the passive 3d tvs with interlanced 3d.. do these exist in active 3d? anyone?

I do think the game looks absolutely horrible in a big screen passive 3d (tested once on 55" with 3d on..:yuck:) - almost unplayable with the striped screen.. back to PS2 or worst...

Are the artificial lights still there if hud is turned off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sad to think everyone is getting overly excited because the dlc is free.. it all should be free like it used to be and anything paid goes into the 'expansion.' Developers have been half assing their games so they can nickel and dime you with stuff that should have been included on release or as a free thank you for supporting us..

Hats off to PD for giving us little freebies while we wait on the things that are late. 👍
Couldn't agree more, DLC should be free. People are raving about all the DLC that Forza has been getting, but have you seen the price they charge? Crazy times.

I am curious about it being free like it used to be... We never used to get it at all as it would be a subsequent disc.

Back