GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
During Arcade Time Trial the game only showed you your last three laps, now it shows you your last eight laps.

Attachments

• WP_20140618_001.jpg
    WP_20140618_001.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 12
Tougher is good. People complain about the AI, but with a track like the nurb throwing me all over the place I'd much rather hot-lap it until I get it right.

To each their own, but I hope they've brought that physics element back.
Anything to improve the realism and therefore the immersiveness is good with me. But I'd lay at least even odds, if the curbs become much tougher, there will be a huge hue and cry and it may get removed in a further update. We can't have the kiddies not able to go full blast with their RS tires over every single curb.

Anything to improve the realism and therefore the immersiveness is good with me. But I'd lay at least even odds, if the curbs become much tougher, there will be a huge hue and cry and it may get removed in a further update. We can't have the kiddies not able to go full blast with their RS tires over every single curb.
True. It's a shame.

Another thing that was added and then removed in GT5 was the dynamic chase cam. Really liked that...

We are running the behemoth this week in the wrs... on rm tires.. if i spin out 1 time due to an elevated curb, i'll be back here to start a thread and a poll on if it should be removed. MARK MY WORDSSSSSS! :lol: word of the month: adaptation.

Can't play until tomorrow, but that update alone has made me excited to jump on the nurb. Some of those kerbs and lumps must be massively different.

If anyone can hot-lap the ring in a roadcar they're familiar with and report back I would be their friend for life. (well, maybe an hour or so anyway... :D)
Well lets just say you won't be disappointed , I done it in a 04 Subaru as I owned one for five years and spent a bit of time with them in gt5/6. Hard to describe but they just act how you would expect push into the kerb purposely to get a wider line and it will throw you back into the track and the lower ones drag your wheels into the dirt .. 10 points pd best part of the update I also wanted to say I think I can see tyre squish in the replays but maybe a placebo

While this update is brilliant for the most part there is one change which has completely ruined the game for me. They've messed with the stock setups of cars and given them extreme toe and camber angles. Take the Mclaren F1 GTR Base model the stock camber angles have gone from 1.0/0.5 to 1.5/3.5 and the toe angles have gone from 0.00/0.20 to -0.50/1.00. This change has completely ruined the cars handling and increased its tyre ware drastically. This change won't affect the vast majority of people as you can simply tune to your hearts desire but for those in the middle of a one make tuning prohibited championship it is a complete nightmare.

Well lets just say you won't be disappointed , I done it in a 04 Subaru as I owned one for five years and spent a bit of time with them in gt5/6. Hard to describe but they just act how you would expect push into the kerb purposely to get a wider line and it will throw you back into the track and the lower ones drag your wheels into the dirt .. 10 points pd best part of the update I also wanted to say I think I can see tyre squish in the replays but maybe a placebo
I can't like this post more. I'm jumping straight into my RX8 231 which is modified to match my real one and going straight to the nurb. HUZZAH

While this update is brilliant for the most part there is one change which has completely ruined the game for me. They've messed with the stock setups of cars and given them extreme toe and camber angles. Take the Mclaren F1 GTR Base model the stock camber angles have gone from 1.0/0.5 to 1.5/3.5 and the toe angles have gone from 0.00/0.20 to -0.50/1.00. This change has completely ruined the cars handling and increased its tyre ware drastically. This change won't affect the vast majority of people as you can simply tune to your hearts desire but for those in the middle of a one make tuning prohibited championship it is a complete nightmare.
Apparently if you hit the 'reset to default' button then it fixes it without altering the 'modification status' of the car 👍

Apparently if you hit the 'reset to default' button then it fixes it without altering the 'modification status' of the car 👍
The modification status isn't the issue, the issue is the default setup i.e. the setup that will allow you to enter a tuning prohibited lobby has changed and not in a positive way.

The modification status isn't the issue, the issue is the default setup i.e. the setup that will allow you to enter a tuning prohibited lobby has changed and not in a positive way.
Well that is a little daft then, yes.

Have you tried going into the setup (offline or in a different lobby) hitting the "reset to default" option and then re-entering the lobby?

GT5 had a very good 3D mode. I honestly think it hasn't much to do with the PS3's limited capabilities, but in essence it's a bug. And it was never FullHD 3D, it has always been 720p (which is fine imo). My TV is Active 3D and still shows these horrid lines. And apart from these lines, 3D looks quite nice.

Ok - so its not down to my passive TVset (had still active 3d when playing GT5). I still think it has something to do with GT6 being 1080p. The game must not be capable of showing 3D in 1080p so they have gone to interlance instead of 720p. (what a silly decision:irked:) Maybe they prepare the games code for PS4 and FullHD 3D.. :mischievous:

Have you tried forcing PS3 and thus GT6 to 720p?

Have you tried going into the setup (offline or in a different lobby) hitting the "reset to default" option and then re-entering the lobby?
I don't think you understand.. He doesn't like the new default setup, it is bad to drive. (according to him)

Just noticed you cannot zoom in on replays now . It comes up as a green triangle and says drivers list

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 11
I don't think you understand.. He doesn't like the new default setup, it is bad to drive. (according to him)
:dunce: sorry team. Maybe I misunderstood the previous comments around the subject. They read that the stock setups have been changed and, if you already own a vehicle, the best thing to do is to reset it to default to 'fix' the handling.

Sorry team :)

One reason comes to mind - epilepsy
I don't know masses about epilepsy, but I thought it was to do with flashing images... There's dynamic chase cameras on loads of racing games - if it was causing epilepsy surely they would all have to get rid of them?

..and i think the main reason for this feature are the online tuning prohibited -races. Have had some painful moments trying to find out why the game still thinks the car is tuned..

I don't have an issue with getting on the track. In order to get onto the track you must reset to default the suspension settings as the new default camber and toe settings are completely different to the default settings prior to the update. The problem is these new settings are just horrible. The car no longer wants to turn in, the outside rear tyre just wants to spin out of turns and tyre ware has increased drastically due to the ridiculous amounts of camber and toe.

Back