GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
"I know it sounds far fetched, but the tires on the new VGT GTI look like they have bar codes embedded. I don't have time to see if they have a message in them, but just a thought in case someone else does."

I posted this on the Easter Eggs forum and while a couple thought it was interesting, none of us had photoshop experience to do anything.

"I know it sounds far fetched, but the tires on the new VGT GTI look like they have bar codes embedded. I don't have time to see if they have a message in them, but just a thought in case someone else does."

I posted this on the Easter Eggs forum and while a couple thought it was interesting, none of us had photoshop experience to do anything.
Interesting to me that the barcode is only on the left side tires, nothing on the right. Also the car comes stock with racing slicks, but the default tire has tread in the "gallery" view.

Still, more sounds will always = more ram and the PS3 only has 0.5GB shared for everything.

And yet, cars like the Redbull and the Senna's F1 sound great by comparison the other 98%. So what, on those cars, the memory mysteriously increases?

Anyone checked if changes to aero has been made? I mean stupidly high top speeds with road cars like SL55 AMG or Vette C7?

No changes to unrealistic top speeds! Not fixed.

How significant are the changes to the aero model, are top speeds more realistic than they were before?

No changes at all. Don't be misinformed.

My top speed at Suzuka yesterday prior to update in a stock Mustang Cobra R was 145 mph and today after update the best I got was 144 mph. Are you referring to hypercars like the Veyron?

This: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/will-you-fix-the-incorrect-top-speed-physics.309298/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better that it defaults to the authentic view. It has defaulted to a non authentic view for years. All you have to do is change view on your controller. Those wanting an authentic driving experience now don't need to do that. Well done PD.

Although I use cockpit view I think this is a bug. Because now you cannot look back to see what is behind you in a online race (it's ok in practice) until you have cycled through all views so it is kinda pointless to me.

Doesn't look like a valid barcode to me. Too many varying line widths, and a distribution of widths that looks more geared to aesthetics. I could be wrong, I only learned how to read one barcode symbology :lol:

@JohnScoonsBeard, no reason for it to change between pre-race and the race itself like it does now, or to force you into having (any view) as default. If a change was needed it was the ability to change in the GAME OPTIONS and for it to stay EVERY race.

That's fair enough mate. A default view user option would be a good option. In fact I'd also like to be able to set a particular view to a button so I could instantly select a particular view.

Although I wanted to put it out there so none of you all forget. We got this stellar update... then we're getting another one next week on the 26th? Don't forget about the Mercedes & Goodwood update.

Can't remember where I read it but it's the name of the designer or his company in barcode form, however that works lol

This may be old news.
And either way it's of no significance.
But I just started a fresh game to test something out.
The first car you are given is now a Renault Sport Clio RS '11.
You still have to buy the Honda Fit after completing the lap though.

hsv
How do you explain cars losing 5/10mph after this update then?
They are not losing. I have extensively tested before v1.09 and after - same top speeds. Evidence with screenshots in the Q/A post.

Also i have recorded some tests with same car, same track:

V1.04:

V1.09:

First video ends just immediately before starting to brake. Second video is longer.

~323 there, ~324 here. Basically the same.

Last edited:
Call it coincidence, call it placebo affect, call it what you want. Frame rates have improved since release, we all know that. But, yesterday after I updated, I noticed a huge leap forward in framerate stability. From replays to actual play everything seemed so much smoother. Even the lighting seemed different, like it was softer. Like I said, call it what you want.

Unknown Changes:
•You can now see who is in the pits during a race.

•Small PP Calculation change

•Aerodynamic Calculation change

•Mini added to VGT Manufacturers

•T500RS Force Feedback is now more dynamic, and it has a small dead zone. It is now easier to counter steer. However, the newer adjustments appear to be slightly bugged for the time being.

•Various text strings amended.

•Road Spray in wet conditions has been fixed

•New GTi Career Suit

•FR cars now have slightly lower top speeds.

•VGT cars are paintable, excluding the BMW (1.08, but added to lower confusion)

•You can no longer zoom in on replays, unless in career mode.

•Grid starts in online mode now use the lights on the course to signal a race start.

•Willow Springs has more foliage

•Smoke is thinner

•Pedal Sensitivity has been adjusted to use nearly 100% pedal travel

•Many cars have had their default settings changed to fit in with the updated physics.
I don't see it in the OP and I'm not going to read hundreds of posts so I'll mention this here in case it's not been mentioned yet. When you start a race online, it defaults to cockpit view, or at least it did in the Volks VGT and 2 other cars I drove last night. I am thinking this is a bug and will be fixed in an update because it's a hassle to change views to your "normal view" while trying to shift every second or two with 10 people breathing down your neck.

I don't see it in the OP and I'm not going to read hundreds of posts so I'll mention this here in case it's not been mentioned yet. When you start a race online, it defaults to cockpit view, or at least it did in the Volks VGT and 2 other cars I drove last night. I am thinking this is a bug and will be fixed in an update because it's a hassle to change views to your "normal view" while trying to shift every second or two with 10 people breathing down your neck.

It has been talked about in this thread. You should be able to switch views during the race start countdown so you don't have to do it once the race starts.

Added.

Call it coincidence, call it placebo affect, call it what you want. Frame rates have improved since release, we all know that. But, yesterday after I updated, I noticed a huge leap forward in framerate stability. From replays to actual play everything seemed so much smoother. Even the lighting seemed different, like it was softer. Like I said, call it what you want.

I would agree but I haven't put much time into gt6 as I did gt5 so I couldn't say for certain.

Back