GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

• Thread starter gti_sdn
  • 498 comments

Ps5​

2 Dayton Audio BST-1 High Power Pro Tactile Bass Shaker 50 Watts​

Nobsound Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier, Stereo Hi-Fi Digital Amp 2.0 Channel 50W×2​

Any tips on setting this up and placement.

Last edited:
do the motors on the fanatec formula 2.5 wheel work with GT7 if connected to simhub?

• Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK

Anyone have any issues with random disconnecting? Everything has been fine for a couple weeks, but for some reason today I only get 20 seconds of tactile and the the game disconnects. If I unplug the the Ethernet cable from my computer and plug it back in, it will work for another 20 seconds or so then disconnects again. Ugh!! I’m spoilt after having tactile!!! 😂

Update: after changing out the Ethernet cable I was still having the same issue. After reopening the ports I now have nothing. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling simhub, but same deal. Super sad.

Update 2: It might be something to do with my Ethernet switch. Cause I updated sim hub and went into the game setting and it lets you put in the ip address of the ps5. I had both on WiFi and it worked! So I plugged the ps5 back into Ethernet and it still worked with the pc on WiFi! Plugged the Ethernet back into the pc and it started ****ing up again. So looks like I’ll just keep the pc on WiFi.

Thanks for the help guys! 😂

Last edited:
Hey all, been watching GT Planet for years but when I saw Simhub supports GT7 I had to get involved!

I’ve got an 8040 rig with 1 Buttkicker gamer 2 mounted to the rig directly under my seat. I’ve been tinkering with simhub this week and finally got some settings I’m really happy with….. except now I’m thinking I need more! I was originally thinking I’d just get another Buttkicker and run front and rear but now I’m thinking I should get some of these exciters instead.

I only drive Playstation - wondering if anyone can comment on if it’s worth getting more exciters or transducers given GT7s limited/quality data? (Thinking no curb data). And any thoughts on what would work well with my existing BK?

So thankful to simhub for sorting GT7 - the audio feed to BK now feels laughable.

Last edited:
Hey all, been watching GT Planet for years but when I saw Simhub supports GT7 I had to get involved!

I’ve got an 8040 rig with 1 Buttkicker gamer 2 mounted to the rig directly under my seat. I’ve been tinkering with simhub this week and finally got some settings I’m really happy with….. except now I’m thinking I need more! I was originally thinking I’d just get another Buttkicker and run front and rear but now I’m thinking I should get some of these exciters instead.

I only drive Playstation - wondering if anyone can comment on if it’s worth getting more exciters or transducers given GT7s limited/quality data? (Thinking no curb data). And any thoughts on what would work well with my existing BK?

So thankful to simhub for sorting GT7 - the audio feed to BK now feels laughable.

There is curb data... Sometimes lol. It's just sort of inconsistent. It does take some effort to get curbs to stand out, but it's possible.

There is curb data... Sometimes lol. It's just sort of inconsistent. It does take some effort to get curbs to stand out, but it's possible.
Interesting! Do you know which effect I should tinker with to try and get it?

This is the version I posted in this thread. I think I've changed it a bit since I'm now running 6 transducers. But this to me is a good starting point. Go to page 3 to see my others as well

Attachments

• 20230208_072337.jpg
    20230208_072337.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 120
This is the version I posted in this thread. I think I've changed it a bit since I'm now running 6 transducers. But this to me is a good starting point. Go to page 3 to see my others as well
Epic! Really appreciate it thank you….. think I need to up my transducer count now!

Epic! Really appreciate it thank you….. think I need to up my transducer count now!

I wouldn't go too fast. I initially got 2, then a 4 pack of the Dayton audio pucks. 4 can easily be run with a mini amp, beyond that it gets more technical/expensive. Also with gt7 there's diminishing returns because the data is limited.

I run engine vibration, gear shift, road vibrations and road impacts.

I wouldn't go too fast. I initially got 2, then a 4 pack of the Dayton audio pucks. 4 can easily be run with a mini amp, beyond that it gets more technical/expensive. Also with gt7 there's diminishing returns because the data is limited.

I run engine vibration, gear shift, road vibrations and road impacts.
Good advice thanks. Given I have a BK already I was thinking to go with 4 of something and see how it goes. Might get 4x Dayton BST-1 as I’m worried pucks or exciters will just get drowned out by the BK…. but I guess that can be solved by the set up.

What pucks do you have? I assume you’re happy with them and they have a good level of feedback?

A couple of months ago one of my buttkicker gamer 2 amp died. Recently the other one began to show sign of weakness. I've found some interesting threads in the RaceDepartment forum with good advices from @Mr Latte ;) so I bought some cheap amps (Nobsound NS-03G) to get my 2 Buttkickers Gamer working again.

Now that the telemetry is working with GT7 I thought that it was time to install SimHub :D and go further in the tactile world !

Those are the effects that I've tested so far :
- RPMS : it "works" with GT7 but it's not really convincing + it requires to make an effect for each type of engine... I tried to remove the idle/low RPM effect to just focus on the ignition breaker going 80Hz on the last 10 percent -> it's ok but not really good
- ENGINE VIBRATION : it "works" with GT7 and it's more convincing than the RPMS effect but it requires to make a specific effect for each type of engine...

- GEAR SHIFT : works really nice with GT7
- ROAD IMPACTS : works really nice with GT7 to feel the curbs and bumps, unfortunately some curbs are not "3D modeled ?" so even if you ear the sound in the game you will not feel the curb...

- ROAD VIBRATION : it works with GT7 but generates a lot of noise and mixes with the road impact effect...
- SPEED : it a one tone sound, really strange to simulate the speed oO
- SIMULATED ROAD TEXTURE : I was hoping that this effect would have helped me to simulate the speed feeling I had before but I'm not satisfied with what I get

->I've spend hours trying a lot of effects with different settings but I must say that I'm a little disappointed :boggled:.

In my memory the tactile feedback through GT7 Audio was :
-ENGINE : GOOD at idle/low RPM because all cars sound different so it feels different
-ROAD : GOOD because of loud kerbs sound (even on the one not "3D modeled")
-SPEED : GOOD because of loud wind sound over xx km/h
-IMPACT AGAINST WALL/CAR : GOOD because impact sound

-> Out of the box the feeling is really good with this game because of the way the sound is managed.

Honestly I think that the simple audio output did a better job (and I can't use it again because the cheap amp I bought have no filters so it's too noisy now to use them with the audio signal now). Perhaps there is something I'm missing here :confused:

I would be glad to test your settings @Mr Latte

Last edited:
A couple of months ago one of my buttkicker gamer 2 amp died. Recently the other one began to show sign of weakness. I've found some interesting threads in the RaceDepartment forum with good advices from @Mr Latte ;) so I bought some cheap amps (Nobsound NS-03G) to get my 2 Buttkickers Gamer working again.

Now that the telemetry is working with GT7 I thought that it was time to install SimHub :D and go further in the tactile world !

Those are the effects that I've tested so far :
- RPMS : it "works" with GT7 but it's not really convincing + it requires to make an effect for each type of engine... I tried to remove the idle/low RPM effect to just focus on the ignition breaker going 80Hz on the last 10 percent -> it's ok but not really good
- ENGINE VIBRATION : it "works" with GT7 and it's more convincing than the RPMS effect but it requires to make a specific effect for each type of engine...

- GEAR SHIFT : works really nice with GT7
- ROAD IMPACTS : works really nice with GT7 to feel the curbs and bumps, unfortunately some curbs are not "3D modeled ?" so even if you ear the sound in the game you will not feel the curb...

- ROAD VIBRATION : it works with GT7 but generates a lot of noise and mixes with the road impact effect...
- SPEED : it a one tone sound, really strange to simulate the speed oO
- SIMULATED ROAD TEXTURE : I was hoping that this effect would have helped me to simulate the speed feeling I had before but I'm not satisfied with what I get

->I've spend hours trying a lot of effects with different settings but I must say that I'm a little disappointed :boggled:.

In my memory the tactile feedback through GT7 Audio was :
-ENGINE : GOOD at idle/low RPM because all cars sound different so it feels different
-ROAD : GOOD because of loud kerbs sound (even on the one not "3D modeled")
-SPEED : GOOD because of loud wind sound over xx km/h
-IMPACT AGAINST WALL/CAR : GOOD because impact sound

-> Out of the box the feeling is really good with this game because of the way the sound is managed.

Honestly I think that the simple audio output did a better job (and I can't use it again because the cheap amp I bought have no filters so it's too noisy now to use them with the audio signal now). Perhaps there is something I'm missing here :confused:

I would be glad to test your settings @Mr Latte
I have 1 BK gamer 2 and find simhub brings it to life compared to the audio signal.

I’m using the standard BK amp with PC and Simhub volume at 100%. BK amp around 40-50% (I had 100% BK with audio feed and was still not getting much from it).

My settings attached if it helps - note that road impact and road texture I’ve disabled in favour of a Mr Latte version but I’ll let him share it with you.

I’ll admit it is a little busy with all of these working and it’s due to the RPM - it just crowds the noise so I’m still working on that.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 28F8943D-43A3-4590-8A1E-6F6F3C0E3EC0.png
    28F8943D-43A3-4590-8A1E-6F6F3C0E3EC0.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 154EA431-36E9-4C7D-9287-7DCEB6B19168.png
    154EA431-36E9-4C7D-9287-7DCEB6B19168.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 6B89C45B-14DA-4C50-BC03-3F5B87A5BA63.png
    6B89C45B-14DA-4C50-BC03-3F5B87A5BA63.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 74
  • B66B91D9-F826-4EFA-88A2-3F7249E732F8.png
    B66B91D9-F826-4EFA-88A2-3F7249E732F8.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 76
  • CCD613FE-4D96-4CD7-BE99-EF18DADEB778.png
    CCD613FE-4D96-4CD7-BE99-EF18DADEB778.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 69F094C4-ED29-46AC-835C-6E0801D68723.png
    69F094C4-ED29-46AC-835C-6E0801D68723.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 82
@Bobsbob and others....
Would be good if wanting to share effects, might it be too much to ask people follow the example I did with just attaching a .txt file to download for the effects/profile they want to share. Easy then to simply rename it as a .siprofile for Simhub?

Why Is "Audio Tactile" Hit Or Miss?
Note, to get more from audio-tactile, we first need to see and understand what frequencies the game is generating.

I can say straight up with just an early look at GT7 that many of the cars engines do not use frequencies too often below 30Hz.
So if wanting to get the most from "Game Audio" for tactile we need to consider EQ or DSP options to boost specific frequencies for improved response with transducers. Additionally you need transducers/hardware that are better suited to generating upper bass used in overtones and harmonics. Many engines will use audible characteristics in the 100Hz-400Hz and upto 800Hz-1000Hz. Yet most budget transducers will not offer much sensation above 80Hz-100Hz.

This is one of the benefits the exciters bring over....

1) Budget transducers like BST models
2) TT25 budget pucks that people keep flocking to as the favorite entry-level unit
3) Cushions that use multiple TT25
4) Seat pads using low-power and restricted frequency response motors

From an entry-level budget solution perspective:
Only the exciters will help to convert the user's seat into a subwoofer and speaker combo. You then can control via your own preferences with the usage of things like a crossover or bass/treble controls or DSP.

GT7 Audio example of engine & EQ.jpg

Example of using EQ controls to help boost/cut and limit specific frequencies to enhance the audio-tactile experience.
The yellow box region highlights what most people with budget transducers will get to feel from audio tactile compared to using exciters and a crossover applied at @800Hz.

For my own rig requirements, I prefer to be able to utilise both options "Audio-Tactile" and "Simhub" tone generation.

Over a year ago, I looked into buying and testing some hardware that makes this possible without any faff or fuss with PC software.
Could I find a method that let me add "Audio Tactile" output to ANY of the installed transducers/exciters or send it to ALL of them.

The answer is yes, as all I have to do with the solution I discovered is

A) turn a knob
B) adjust another knob to determine the (balance) of each source for the "Audio or Simhub" sources
C) apply only the audio-tactile for it to operate on a specific unit or set of units I want
D) or send/mix it over 2/4/6/8/10/12 channels that any installation may have

Nobody to my knowledge has shared in the past how to do this, but it is one of the features my own approach with the multi-exciters makes possible. This way you can use or enjoy ANY games or music with your tactile or build a mix of using with Simhub. Yet the topic deserves its own thread at a later time.

Single Transducer Limitations For Effects Generation:
*Any constant effect like RPM, or SPEED will saturate a transducer, meaning it's hard to apply nice sensations for these types of effects but then still enjoy feeling other effects. This is why Simhub's basic effects only offer idle and a peak rpm sensation.

Other Limitations:

* Not being able to enjoy any stereo effects or even multiple stereo outputs that Simhub makes possible

* Limited frequency response, needs to be repeated, only so much you can do in a good working 30Hz-80Hz range

* Singular installation point for detecting all vibrations (while using seat/pedals helps) it is not enough for the best immersion possibilities

Last edited:
I think I am up to date with requests for my effects testing discussion.If you've been missed, just send me a PM to be added.

Ok...

I have simhub running on a laptop and grabbing telemetry from GT7, additionally the following items were purchased:

1. Dayton Audio DAEX32EP-4 Thruster 32mm Exciter 40W 4 Ohm (6 of them)
  2. Nobsound G2 PRO Hi-Fi 300W Subwoofer Power Amplifier Mono Channel Class D SUB Audio Amp
  3. Speaker wire

I know that I need to grab an RCA to USB wire, is there anything else that I'm missing?

Well my idea works, kinda nice and overkill but it's what I like to do... :D

Perhaps a first for :gtplanet:

PS5 Audio Monitoring (Full 7.1 Possible)
Simhub Effects Monitoring & Comparisons
Realtime PS5 Capture
Nvidia Recording

is this for sound? I tried to use Audacity to analyse a replay from GT7 and really learn about the frequency range of the engine sounds. I couldn't get my headphones to work with it so I dropped it. I was planning to calibrate it based on the frequencies

is this for sound? I tried to use Audacity to analyse a replay from GT7 and really learn about the frequency range of the engine sounds. I couldn't get my headphones to work with it so I dropped it. I was planning to calibrate it based on the frequencies
No, it's taking actual telemetry data from gt7 and then converting that into tactile audio data for the bass shakers

It generally is for two functions, the first is to visually be able to see 7.1 audio from any source.
EG my PC or PS5.

The second function I use it for is to be able to connect multiple soundcards from Simhub.
So for Simhub, it is useful to compare how different settings alter the output or operation of the effects being generated.
Using tools like Fabfilter Pro Q3 can let me see what frequencies were used over a lap for any channel using whatever effects are mapped to any individual channel.

Excellent to develop my own effects or to compare people's effects to my own. Also to monitor how/what different settings with combined frequencies or dB using multi-layer effects generate.

The hardware interface/mixer I use enables more than 40 channels to be connected, and this is controlled with professional DAW software, which then makes it possible to do anything with audio in a studio environment that can be done with audio using various pro-audio plugins.
So while I use it a lot for visual analysis for my own rig build it brings the possibility to also modify or alter the audio for my headphones/speakers or transducers I will install. My plan is to incorporate over 20 transducers/exciters using a custom-made rig that will be a bit unique compared to others. This is also one of the reasons for why I went out and purchased the additional audio hardware.

Last edited:
I just picked up a couple of bass shakers and a cheap amp to try with Simhub. Hooked it all up last night and it's pretty great so far but definitely needs some tweaking. There are a ton of options for these effects and it's going to take a bit of time to understand what all of these parameters do to the sound on an individual level as well as collectively. @Mr Latte I'd love to see your settings to see what kind of adjustments you've made to the defaults!

Hello! First of all excuse the language. I am using a translator. I've been following the thread since the previous post.

I just purchased:
2 reckhorn bs200i
1 Fosi Audio 2x160w

I have mounted one under the seat (sparco r100) and another on the pedal board. Both with wooden boards.

Yesterday I tried GT7 with simhub with the configuration as it came out of frequencies and volume. Modifying the signal in front/rear and activating only the options:

gearshift
Road impacts
rpm
wheels lock
wheels slip

Good sensations! But I would appreciate help in getting the most out of it. Although it is all subjective to each user. At least have a good base to start from.

@Mr Latte, would your shared settings help me?

Thanks partners!

Last edited:
I would love a try your settings too @Mr Latte . Having a blast right now on gt7 with vr I have some weird setup 1 buttkicker and a ds5 controller stuck under the pedals. odd but it works for me :D

Last edited:
My turn! I've been playing with settings with an HF8 on my seat and some bass shakers under my pedals. Lots of success but something is missing. I feel like I can get a little more. Messaging you @Mr Latte

Hello everyone, avid sim racer and recent recipient of a BK plus. I will follow up with a DM, but I wanted to say thanks for all the hard work and interest everyone has shown in this project over the past few months.

Hiya All!! I need help with setting up grand turismo 7!!! SimHub seems to know my game is running (As when I pause the game it sees that its paused on the simhub screen on my pc) however its not sending any signals to my buttkicker!! I need to know if this is because im NOT connecting it via usb (as I have the older buttkicker with the buttkicker amp that can only connect to my pc via an audio lead)?

Hiya All!! I need help with setting up grand turismo 7!!! SimHub seems to know my game is running (As when I pause the game it sees that its paused on the simhub screen on my pc) however its not sending any signals to my buttkicker!! I need to know if this is because im NOT connecting it via usb (as I have the older buttkicker with the buttkicker amp that can only connect to my pc via an audio lead)?
I'm in a similar situation. I have a USB to RCA cable running from my PC to my amp but I'm not sure how to tell if it's being recognized.

what dose your sound output screen look like in the shaker menu of simhub?

Back