GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

• Thread starter gti_sdn
  • 498 comments
My rig is a pretty standard profile setup, but I have a car seat instead of a racing bucket. I have 2 Dayton bass shakers (marked with circles in the picture, pedal one is on the underside) and I am very intrigued by all the talk of exciters, but I have no idea how I would mount them to my seat. There is some metal on the underside that would possibly be suitable to mount them to, but my understanding is that all the foam padding of the seat would make them fairly ineffective. Anyone else with a car seat find a good mounting solution? Would having 4 corners of bass shakers (or maybe just a second one for the rear) be a better way to go? Maybe utilizing the smaller pieces of profile the seat rails are connected to?

PXL_20230220_184631508 (1).jpg

Does anybody know how powerful of a laptop you need to run simhub and that dashboard thing? Will any laptop do or does it need to be decent? Would a 1ghz celeron processor running windows 10 pro work? I can’t seem to find any info regarding that. Want to grab something cheap that’s still going to work.

My rig is a pretty standard profile setup, but I have a car seat instead of a racing bucket. I have 2 Dayton bass shakers (marked with circles in the picture, pedal one is on the underside) and I am very intrigued by all the talk of exciters, but I have no idea how I would mount them to my seat. There is some metal on the underside that would possibly be suitable to mount them to, but my understanding is that all the foam padding of the seat would make them fairly ineffective. Anyone else with a car seat find a good mounting solution? Would having 4 corners of bass shakers (or maybe just a second one for the rear) be a better way to go? Maybe utilizing the smaller pieces of profile the seat rails are connected to?

View attachment 1243075
I mounted mine to wood and mounted that wood between the seat mounts and the frame.

Does anybody know how powerful of a laptop you need to run simhub and that dashboard thing? Will any laptop do or does it need to be decent? Would a 1ghz celeron processor running windows 10 pro work? I can’t seem to find any info regarding that. Want to grab something cheap that’s still going to work.
You do not need much, it's basically just a bunch of scripts. 1ghz is pretty weak though for win 10, would prob run win 7 better

Hi all really interesting read. I am hooked with GT7 in VR right now and feel I need the next step- tactile transducers. I am really eager to use GT7 with the Simhub telemetry. But I am really in the dark in all of this.

I am planning on buying x2 Dayton BST-1s for a front and rear setup. In the future I might be tempted to also add a couple of exciters to perhaps have a corner setup but maybe not possible with my 'rig'.

The issues I have is I have no idea what amp to get. I want a small but powerful one. But does the amp have to have a built-in soundcard?? Or can I just use the AUX and still have Simhub telemetry? Or would I need a USB to RCA cable? I would be connecting this to a pretty old Asus Laptop that only has a couple of USB ports and a headphone jack.

Please can someone help me on this as I am completely clueless and really want the tactile feedback from Simhub in my setup.

Any recommendations on Amps that are powerful and not too expensive that could provide me with the Simhub experience?

Last edited:
TB
The Dayton Audio BSA-200 amplifier is included with (4) BST-1s so I'd probably start with that one. On either of the pages I linked to, there is a wiring diagram showing how to connect the bass shakers to the amp.
Thanks for your reply. I had checked that one out but it's a bit pricey for me right now. Also want to start slow for now with two BST-1 transducers and maybe upgrade in the future, limited in space and money right now.

But how would I hook it up so I am guranteed to be able to use Simhub from my laptop? I keep seeing connections to a PC etc and not for consoles (PS5) Sorry for being such a noob at this.

But how would I hook it up so I am guranteed to be able to use Simhub from my laptop? I keep seeing connections to a PC etc and not for consoles (PS5) Sorry for being such a noob at this.
I don't have a PS5 or GT7 so I can't say for certain but this video looks like it should help you out.

Alright, I've managed thus far to get many of the road vibration, road textures, and gear shift combinations that were contained in earlier files Mr Latte uploaded. It has really made a big difference, even with one BK installed under the seat, in terms of clarity and impact of the sound profile.

In addition to those combos, I've added a mix of wheel slip, lock, lateral/decel forces, and a mix of engine/RPMs that I felt doesn't drown out the rest of the vibrations. I'm definitely going to build on the setup with a Dayton amp once I can splurge on some smaller transducers.

TB
I don't have a PS5 or GT7 so I can't say for certain but this video looks like it should help you out.

Thanks but the guy in the video uses a nobsound amp with a built-in soundcard. I've heard those amps from Nobsound are not that good and lack that little bit of power.

My question remains, is it necessary to have a built-in soundcard in the amp to get full telemetry with Simhub on consoles, or I can use the RCA cables connected in someway to the laptop to get Simhub working?

Can anyone with a Console setup please help me with this issue?

Thanks but the guy in the video uses a nobsound amp with a built-in soundcard. I've heard those amps from Nobsound are not that good and lack that little bit of power.

My question remains, is it necessary to have a built-in soundcard in the amp to get full telemetry with Simhub on consoles, or I can use the RCA cables connected in someway to the laptop to get Simhub working?

Can anyone with a Console setup please help me with this issue?
I have no idea, but I noticed in simhub you can pick the frequencies, would you still be able to do that using rca cables? i think that’s key because you don’t want things vibrating at all frequencies, hence the reason most people don’t like hmdi splitters, no control. I’d look into that, if you somehow do usb to rca, is it just sending it all or the selected frequency?

I will be using the Nobsound and puck transducers so when I’m up and running I can report back on how it is.

Thanks again. This is all so confusing for a guy like me. I am desperate for Simhub to fully work with GT7 through my amp but still very unclear on how I can manage that connection. There is so litte information out there and it's driving me mad.

USB to RCA for Simhub?
USB to 3.5mm jack for Simhub?
3.5mm jack to RCA for Simhub?

So frustrating that I still can't decide on a mini amp as I have yet to find the answer. Don't know what to do i've looked everywhere for about a week now. @Mr Latte maybe you know how?

Last edited:
Thanks again. This is all so confusing for a guy like me. I am desperate for Simhub to fully work with GT7 through my amp but still very unclear on how I can manage that connection. There is so litte information out there and it's driving me mad.

USB to RCA for Simhub?
USB to 3.5mm jack for Simhub?
3.5mm jack to RCA for Simhub?

So frustrating that I still can't decide on a mini amp as I have yet to find the answer. Don't know what to do i've looked everywhere for about a week now. @Mr Latte maybe you know how?
USB to RCA is not a thing unless you mean a USB audio interface with RCA, those are common, you can find amps with built-in interfaces like https://doukaudio.com/en-ca/collect...digital-hifi-amp-with-usb-aux-bluetooth-input
I personally have 4 bass shakers in my setup, one for each corner of the car. I use 2 smaller bass pucks in the front with that amp I linked above, it has an interface built in for 2 channels. then I use to headphone out on the computer for the rear 2 bass shakers (hooked into independent amps)

Last edited:
USB to RCA is not a thing unless you mean a USB audio interface with RCA, those are common, you can find amps with built-in interfaces like https://doukaudio.com/en-ca/collect...digital-hifi-amp-with-usb-aux-bluetooth-input
I personally have 4 bass shakers in my setup, one for each corner of the car. I use 2 smaller bass pucks in the front with that amp I linked above, it has an interface built in for 2 channels. then I use to headphone out on the computer for the rear 2 bass shakers (hooked into independent amps)
Yeah I watched some videos and read some stuff on Reddit, the nobsound with pucks, some guys say it’s not enough, some say it’s more than enough. I just decided to try it because it seems like it has more to do with where it’s mounted. I also don’t care to shake myself out of the seat, I just want it for feedback, a cue that I’m breaking traction, I shifted gears, I was rear ended, I hit a bump in the road. A light brrrrp is good enough for me. But time will tell, maybe I’ll be back on here saying avoid those at all costs. Who knows.

Thanks for your reply. That is the only one I can find that has an integrated sound card (the Nobsound one or it's look a likes) But heard that it's not that powerful and the wattage power is not as specified. That bit of the soundcard is so confusing. Do I need that if I want to use all of Simhub's telemetry or is there another way of connecting it to a Laptop? Al I can find is this amp you've mentioned and all the other, more powerful and reliable amps do not have a built-in soundcard and all they have is a 3.5mm port and RCA inputs.

Yeah I watched some videos and read some stuff on Reddit, the nobsound with pucks, some guys say it’s not enough, some say it’s more than enough. I just decided to try it because it seems like it has more to do with where it’s mounted. I also don’t care to shake myself out of the seat, I just want it for feedback, a cue that I’m breaking traction, I shifted gears, I was rear ended, I hit a bump in the road. A light brrrrp is good enough for me. But time will tell, maybe I’ll be back on here saying avoid those at all costs. Who knows.
it's enough for bass pucks, it's not enough for BST-1's Both of my BST-1's are hooked up to independent 100w amps

Thanks for your reply. That is the only one I can find that has an integrated sound card (the Nobsound one or it's look a likes) But heard that it's not that powerful and the wattage power is not as specified. That bit of the soundcard is so confusing. Do I need that if I want to use all of Simhub's telemetry or is there another way of connecting it to a Laptop? Al I can find is this amp you've mentioned and all the other, more powerful and reliable amps do not have a built-in soundcard and all they have is a 3.5mm port and RCA inputs.
USB audio interfaces are like 5$ on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/324...2!sea!CA!112908947&curPageLogUid=zQxo1VeHZO50

it's enough for bass pucks, it's not enough for BST-1's Both of my BST-1's are hooked up to independent 100w amps
Thanks I can always upgrade later, going to be careful with mounting and just get things as close to my feet and body as possible. I’m sure it’ll be better than nothing. If I like it I can upgrade the seat shakers at a later date pretty easily.

I would love a try your settings too @Mr Latte . Having a blast right now on gt7 with vr I have some weird setup 1 buttkicker and a ds5 controller stuck under the pedals. odd but it works for me :D

Hello, @Mr Latte I sent you a private message.
Best regards.

Fred

My turn! I've been playing with settings with an HF8 on my seat and some bass shakers under my pedals. Lots of success but something is missing. I feel like I can get a little more. Messaging you @Mr Latte
Sorry for the delays, all is taken care of....
Invite sent...

Last edited:
I got a haptic feedback 8 with gt7 and ps5. Am using sim hub on my pc with the hf8 connected to it. I managed to get the vibrations across to the gt7/ps5 but am new to this and am getting just a constant vibration all the time when I race.

Can someone share some settings for shaker motors on sim hub please ?

I got a haptic feedback 8 with gt7 and ps5. Am using sim hub on my pc with the hf8 connected to it. I managed to get the vibrations across to the gt7/ps5 but am new to this and am getting just a constant vibration all the time when I race.

Can someone share some settings for shaker motors on sim hub please ?
Suggest turning everything off (right hand green buttons on the ShakeIt Motors page) and building up one by one until you have a feeling you like.

I'm only using three - see attached. But haven't tested since the recent physics update so not sure how they feel now, may need some adjustment. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-10 160950.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-10 160950.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 86
Hello. I was send a PW to @Mr Latte :)
Motors are not the way to go if you want a good level of or better immersion.
It's a simple and easy-to-apply bit of kit to get some experience of what tactile can bring but it's VERY limited in what and how good it can actually be.

SRS sell U Shake 6 / £345 which is the next similar approach you could consider but this uses audio instead of motors.
It can be applied and used on Simhub "Bass Shakers" with my effects but at a reduced/restricted level.

Although, I am being told my own approach/solution outperforms the SRS solution, with not just better frequency response and higher wattage-capable hardware. Apparently, my own multi-layer effects efforts operate and feel more enjoyable than what they currently offer with their own purchasable software or "additional premium" service.

Simhub still seems to be the best "tone generation" software we can use for tactile, no doubts about that.

The drawback of my own approach. It's community and d.i.y based, W.I.P that seeks feedback from others to help further to improve and develop the effects it offers. It is not a sold-off-the-shelf solution/package.

Don't however take my word on things, certainly chat with others to decide what to do or use for the future.

I did purchase the SRS software a while ago to see how/what it offers with GT7. I wasn't, well let's say blown away by the immersion it gave but at least it was working with GT7. Will at some point, out of curiosity do my own comparisons with their own tone generation and effects, So I can monitor and analyze the "audio output" of effects it offers and how/what frequencies these apply. I don't expect any real surprises based on the TT25 hardware their hardware uses.

Last edited:
Shared a bit on this a while back in a different thread....

Weirdly, not one single video review that I saw of the Logitech PRO wheel attempted to put much effort or detail into the operation of the TF (additional tactile immersion) this DD wheel can produce. Never mind how we could actually try to combine or make "tone generated" effects with software like Simhub work in tandem with its TF effects. I have found the inclusion of the TF certainly can add to the wheel's enjoyment and the immersion but it's not without limitations.

I joined the Logi PRO hype train, purchased one seeking to have an excellent VR/Wheel/Tactile combo, and was curious, how do we take what this wheel can offer as one of the best wheels we can buy for GT7 and improve the immersion even more?

So, in a recent release of Simhub effects, I shared, Some of these were made to pair/align in their operation to my wheels TF.
An important point to note here is that the Logitech software does not let people do much like changing frequencies or operation of TF effects in the way Simhub operates or for example Buttkicker are now doing and SRS offer but console restrictions may be the main factor here as to why things are as they are.

We basically get to determine strengths in some titles with "specific effects" and in other titles (like GT7) with only a general individual output level for all the TF effects. In practice, this has pros and cons as some effects we may want to increase their felt operation and others like RPM just become too finger tingling numbing, and overbearing. Its a shame not all games as standard follow the same structure of effects (*DBOX style) and the user then gets to apply these effects how they want on each title.

Not being able to individually control specific effects' strength is a real bummer but annoyingly Logitech could not with PD it appears make GT7 a flagship example for TF and this product on console. Fair enough to assume part of that lies with PD and not blame just on Logitech. For me personally though, a PRO-based product at a hefty price I would have expected more in the tactile aspect of the wheel as tactile is very much, also about being able to tune it to your preference which we can't properly do in current or future titles that do not make it possible to alter within the game the individual volume levels of each TF effect.

I decided to dig deeper into what the TF was offering though.....
With monitoring, it let me see how/what frequencies certain effects TF was generating from the wheel. No major surprises in frequencies generated or how they apply harmonics for the engine operation. It did however let me get a better understanding of how the wheel was applying specific effects like (G-Forces) as GT7 has (restricted Simhub telemetry available) for effects that this thread highlighted early on.

Possibly some improvements can be made with my effects attempt with this, but I see the potential to have operations/sensations of tactile in the wheel align well with those in the seat or pedals as increased immersion. No point in having tactile sensations that don't align or feel mismatched between a wheel like this and other tactile.

Last edited:
Shared a bit on this a while back in a different thread....

Weirdly, not one single video review that I saw of the Logitech PRO wheel attempted to put much effort or detail into the operation of the TF (additional tactile immersion) this DD wheel can produce. Never mind how we could actually try to combine or make "tone generated" effects with software like Simhub work in tandem with its TF effects. I have found the inclusion of the TF certainly can add to the wheel's enjoyment and the immersion but it's not without limitations.

I joined the Logi PRO hype train, purchased one seeking to have an excellent VR/Wheel/Tactile combo, and was curious, how do we take what this wheel can offer as one of the best wheels we can buy for GT7 and improve the immersion even more?

So, in a recent release of Simhub effects, I shared, Some of these were made to pair/align in their operation to my wheels TF.
An important point to note here is that the Logitech software does not let people do much like changing frequencies or operation of TF effects in the way Simhub operates or for example Buttkicker are now doing and SRS offer but console restrictions may be the main factor here as to why things are as they are.

We basically get to determine strengths in some titles with "specific effects" and in other titles (like GT7) with only a general individual output level for all the TF effects. In practice, this has pros and cons as some effects we may want to increase their felt operation and others like RPM just become too finger tingling numbing, and overbearing. Its a shame not all games as standard follow the same structure of effects (*DBOX style) and the user then gets to apply these effects how they want on each title.

Not being able to individually control specific effects' strength is a real bummer but annoyingly Logitech could not with PD it appears make GT7 a flagship example for TF and this product on console. Fair enough to assume part of that lies with PD and not blame just on Logitech. For me personally though, a PRO-based product at a hefty price I would have expected more in the tactile aspect of the wheel as tactile is very much, also about being able to tune it to your preference which we can't properly do in current or future titles that do not make it possible to alter within the game the individual volume levels of each TF effect.

I decided to dig deeper into what the TF was offering though.....
With monitoring, it let me see how/what frequencies certain effects TF was generating from the wheel. No major surprises in frequencies generated or how they apply harmonics for the engine operation. It did however let me get a better understanding of how the wheel was applying specific effects like (G-Forces) as GT7 has (restricted Simhub telemetry available) for effects that this thread highlighted early on.

Possibly some improvements can be made with my effects attempt with this, but I see the potential to have operations/sensations of tactile in the wheel align well with those in the seat or pedals as increased immersion. No point in having tactile sensations that don't align or feel mismatched between a wheel like this and other tactile.

Definitely post your findings. My plan is once I have my new rig built and everything set up is to race it without the shakers going. Tweak the wheel until I’m satisfied and used of it. Then introduce one thing at a time and blend in as I see fit. I’m looking forward to the gear shifts, collisions feedback and bumps, maybe a tiny bit of road noise. I’ll probably put curbs at the rear if they sync up good but this wheel already does a good job with curbs. I just want to dial things in so it more or less all around me as I feel the wheel already gives me pretty much everything I need to feel.

Latest Posts

Back