GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

• Thread starter gti_sdn
  • 456 comments
What Kind of Settings do you mean? In SimHub? i dont really have real Settings since i am playing around and just trying everything.

I just went back to the nobsound instead of Aiyima a07 - same Problem…
Shake it bass shakers tab. Then screenshot your effects settings. But there’s tabs above I think say amp profile where the left right, front back and custom are. Where it says test now. There’s test now in effects but also test now in amp profile I think it’s called.

One place you choose and dial in your effects.

One place you dial in your amps.

Problem Solved!

Just to let you guys know..
I had to change some Audio Settings in Windows. Obviously Both Channels were combined into one. Dont asked me where i found those Settings, i am just glad i did! :)

Tried the Bassshaker using VR right away and What am I supposed to say .. holy Crap!! This is something different

I just cant get enough of gearing up and having the bassshaker kicking - awesome!

That Said i was playing around with the different settings in SimHub. But it seems that i cant get the right twist. Read all Post of @Mr Latte - a lot of Great Information, helped me already a lot. But i have to admit that i am definately overextended :/

Does anyone have some setting to help me or where i Could start from?

I am Using two Bts-1 (underneath Seat / Pedalplate) on my GT Omega Titan

Thanks again guys!

So . . . I'm new to the bass shaker thing, but I have a Windows 7 desktop that's not being used. I plan on getting a Buttkicker or something similar and running everything through SimHub.

I've downloaded SimHub, plugged a pair of headphones to make sure the sound is recognized via SimHub (headphones worked just fine!) Opened the appropriate firewall ports and have my PS5 on & running a race (car was sitting at idle.)

Same network. Both on Wi-Fi. Tried to record data but nothing happened. The two are on separate floors at the moment, but with a WiFi signal, that should not be an issue (Main Floor is just above the basement) and the signal is strong in both areas.

Speaking as a n00b, what am I missing? Is Windows 7 just not an option for this?

Thank you all in advance,

Revengel

So . . . I'm new to the bass shaker thing, but I have a Windows 7 desktop that's not being used. I plan on getting a Buttkicker or something similar and running everything through SimHub.

I've downloaded SimHub, plugged a pair of headphones to make sure the sound is recognized via SimHub (headphones worked just fine!) Opened the appropriate firewall ports and have my PS5 on & running a race (car was sitting at idle.)

Same network. Both on Wi-Fi. Tried to record data but nothing happened. The two are on separate floors at the moment, but with a WiFi signal, that should not be an issue (Main Floor is just above the basement) and the signal is strong in both areas.

Speaking as a n00b, what am I missing? Is Windows 7 just not an option for this?

Revengel
Not sure, what I read was wifi can be tougher to get going. So I had my service provider out for like $50 to run another Ethernet into my race room.

I just remember reading a lot of threads about issues happening and it was all wifi related. I know when I first set mine up I followed everything to a tee! And it still didn’t work, my amps showed up and the game, but I was getting nothing. Finally figured out those two numbers you have to enter in to the ports/firewall or whatever it’s called must only be separated by a comma and no space. I was taught in school to use a comma, then one space. Not comma,comma. So make sure your numbers are like this 858353,573628 and not 838563, 948452

Not sure, what I read was wifi can be tougher to get going. So I had my service provider out for like $50 to run another Ethernet into my race room.
Thanks; I can likely run ethernet from the router to the rig. That was the eventual plan; I can put the computer next to the rig when that's done.

I'll try that.
I just remember reading a lot of threads about issues happening and it was all wifi related.
Interesting. I thought it may be bandwidth and I thought my Gig connection should be fine. But I'm taking your advice and I'll try to hard wire everything.
I know when I first set mine up I followed everything to a tee! And it still didn’t work, my amps showed up and the game, but I was getting nothing.
I feel seen.
Finally figured out those two numbers you have to enter in to the ports/firewall or whatever it’s called must only be separated by a comma and no space. I was taught in school to use a comma, then one space. Not comma,comma. So make sure your numbers are like this 858353,573628 and not 838563, 948452
I'll actually try that first and see how it goes. If it works, I'm golden! If not, to hardwiring I go!

Thank you so much and enjoy a beverage of your choice! I'll buy should we ever meet in person.

Be well and thanks for helping the community,

Revengel

Hi guys.....

I have not played GT7 for quite a long time and visits here the past while are usually brief because I went back to putting more focus into PC gaming again with a new system I built last year.

Wanted to share that, I have continued to work on tactile effects, to ones that were shared here in the group tests, that some of you liked. These were developed on ACC, some may work fine on GT7 but I have not tried.

What I will say is, it became clear to me earlier this year.
This newest and particular model of exciter from Dayton Audio is quite unique in certain abilities.

Available
Here & Here

I would say that in 2024, this should be the one, you either consider upgrading too or look to purchase over other budget options.
Multiple units can be installed to pedals and seat if desired or just one for ABS etc.

Why?

In testing and with additional experimentation in effects over the last few months. What I can say is, this unit offers the widest usable frequency range of any of the budget tactile I have used to date. Due to this, it opens the door in potential we can bring for improved effects.

Used with direct mounting to hard shell seat (various body regions) or direct to pedals (feet contact points).
I honestly believe it now offers the best performance you can get for a budget price point. No other unit I have tried offers the felt sensations this model can deliver with low frequencies, even those below 20Hz that many other options struggle with.

So impressive in fact, has this unit been, that it inspired me to work on making, new effects now specifically for it.

If you own BST 1 or 2 / TT25 Puck / Reckhorn / Aura Pro / Bass Pump / Various other exciter models or other budget transducers.
Let me be clear, none of those can offer the same felt sensations with these newest effects made specifically for this new BDS exciter model I have chosen. You will not experience these effects properly on those other popular units, due to these new effects using very low but also upto rather high frequencies. Also because octaves and harmonics as elements within effects are needing to be properly represented.

If interested, or wanting to try a teaser set of these effects with this different approach I apply with mult-layered effects creation.
Hundreds of hours are put into creating and tuning such effects, so feedback would be welcomed too.

Interested?
Send me a DM, show me that you own at least one of these new BDS exciter units and if you want, I can forward to your email.

These samples are from a fairly recent set and worth comparing to what you use or other approaches achieve in effects.
I believe the combination of these effects, utilising a more musical approach with partial octaves, combined with the benefits this new model of unit offers. It may just set a new standard in immersion, for what a budget tactile setup can achieve!

*My preferred approach with tactile, is to make effects specifically for a particular units performance abilities.
As so much of my time is spent on building the effects. Only this way, then other owners of that specific model of unit will get to experience the characteristics within the effects sensations properly and as I intended.

Its up to you guys if you want to consider, but please respect that I am not looking to make effects to work on various hardware as some others do. Instead my goal is to deliver a better level of tactile experience with specifally chosen hardware that brings performance advantages and then create the effects hand tailored in utilising that hardwares improved abilities....

Last edited:
Oh shoot I threw everything away except my Berry NX3000D, 3 BKA CT, 3 BKA LFE. 2x BK 1000-n and 3 1000-4a. Also 18 EX blah blah
image.jpg

Oh shoot I threw everything away except my Berry NX3000D, 3 BKA CT, 3 BKA LFE. 2x BK 1000-n and 3 1000-4a. Also 18 EX blah blah
View attachment 1364272
Yup. I saw you said the GT Planet community didn’t contribute enough for you to continue giving free effects profiles. Coupled with the loss of your father must be a lot to bear.
I wish you the best.

So what is this BDS thingy I need to get now?
Should I get rid of everything else?
My Buttkicker products are low budget since I was prudent when I purchased everything.

Last edited:
I won’t be getting rid of my Dayton pucks and nobsound amps any time soon. I’d have to want to rebuild my entire rig. Haha. So far still enjoying it and it’s still working, knock on wood.

My Buttkicker products are low budget since I was prudent when I purchased everything.
The concept works in the same principle as the previous exciters and targetting directly body regions with them.
If a person wants to use, a single BDS exciter on a pedal instead of say an HPR motor or other budget transducer or exciter.

Then from what I have seen in my own testing/exploration is the impressive range of felt sensations we can get out of the BDS, it simply outshines other popular options and delivers for it's size quite a nice punch that is improved over previous exciters I had used and recommended.

Its not a big investment for someone to consider buying one of these, to take that chance and to discover what these "effect samples" offer in immersion over what people arleady are using.

Regardless of the approach applied to build/apply with effects in Simhub, what we also need to help improve tactile, is the hardware that goes beyond the typical limited frequency response which most budget units are restricted too. We have, until now never had a small unit that can be attached directly to body regions that could output sensations with the very lowest frequencies. This is a major (game changer) factor with regards to how effects can be created.

Following the concepts goals. I have wanted to determine what is the best quality of tactile that can be achieved on a low budget solution. Yet have such a solution that is expandable, from a single unit to multiple units for pedal and/or seat areas. Additionally to have an upgrade path option that combines other units with these BDS exciters.

So yes larger units can still be used to combine with these BDS units. The key is making them combine well and how we go about applying additional types of effects into the mix. My preffered approach would be for specific units to have their own "effects layers" created to suit that particular hardwares own performance abilities.

The cheapest (low bass extension) unit worth considering is the Dayton 300EX
However the additional effect layers I would make for that for various effects, or settings with them, would not necessarily be the same as what I would come up with for a large BK or Earthquake model. Different units have their own peaks with frequencies or operational characteristics.

As the effects I use are made in most cases with octave bands. We simply can utilise sub harmonic frequencies, with partial or full octaves, to maintain musicality with the BDS exciters. Yet of course deliver much more energy in effect scenarios desired.

I dont want average tactile with basic effects all limited to similar frequencies or only being able to enjoy 3-4 effects before it becomes vibrational mush. What I would love, is for others to experience something much better but affordable or as a project that can be built up over time.

Last edited:

Revengel
there was someone who previously had a similar issue and it was setting in their router, not sure if it's the same but it basically segregated each wifi device from each other so they could not talk to each other.
could be that.

Windows 7 should not be an issue but I would be concerned about the security of that device if connected to wifi with internet access 😲

Revengel
I just wanted to post an update that may be helpful for others experiencing issues similar to mine. Here's what I discovered and how I'm attempting to remedy the situation . . . along with reasoning.

I have a "single" network in my home, however it supports both 2.4 and 5G. While this is rather common, it will come into play later. I also have a pair of range extenders with Ethernet ports. The desktop involved can accept Ethernet and has a wireless card. The PS5 is on 5G wireless.

Here's what I figured out/discovered/confirmed:

• While the "one" wireless network requires the same U/P, the 2.4 and 5G bands are in fact separate networks. This comes into play as the PS5 is on 5G and the windows 7 computer only has 2.4G.
  • The Range Extender clones the wireless signal. On my/your router, you will likely find it is recognized as a separate network with its own client list, a.k.a. items logged into the network.
  • Plugging into a Range Extender results in the network viewing that device as "Plugged In." So if you have an item - say an old computer - plugged into an extender, it won't read as part of the wireless network. That is important. When you ask your main router, it will identify that (and anything else connected by Ethernet cable to a router or extender) as wired.
Now we get to the "general" situation and the resolution options:

• The old desktop can only do 2.4G wirelessly. As a result, there are the following potential solutions:
    • Have both the PS5 and Windows 7 Desktop on the same 2.4G network. 2.4G is slower than 5G, but as long as they are both logged into the same network - not having one logged into the extender and the other logged into the main - should allow them to discover one another.
    • Possibly upgrade the wireless card in the Win7 Desktop to 5G. This is not an option I chose.
    • Have each Plugged into the same router or extender. This is the route (no pun intended) I'm taking. I have an extender near the PS5, but it only has one Ethernet port. I've ordered a small basic multi-port to provide 4 extra Ethernet ports from the same extender. It should arrive today.
The cost of the thing I got off Amazon was $14. The extender was already a purchase I made recently, so I'm not counting that as a cost but mine was around the $22 range.

Once I set this up, I'll take the PS5 off the wireless network and have it hard wired into the same extender as the Windows 7 PC which should resolve the issue. I'll likely chime in on Monday with the results.

Hopefully this helps others,
Revengel

Last edited:
I just wanted to post an update that may be helpful for others experiencing issues similar to mine. Here's what I discovered and how I'm attempting to remedy the situation . . . along with reasoning.

I have a "single" network in my home, however it supports both 2.4 and 5G. While this is rather common, it will come into play later. I also have a pair of range extenders with Ethernet ports. The desktop involved can accept Ethernet and has a wireless card. The PS5 is on 5G wireless.

• While the "one" wireless network requires the same U/P, the 2.4 and 5G bands are in fact separate networks. This comes into play as the PS5 is on 5G and the windows 7 computer only has 2.4G.
  • The Range Extender clones the wireless signal. On my/your router, you will likely find it is recognized as a separate network with its own client list, a.k.a. items logged into the network.
  • Plugging into a Range Extender results in the network viewing that device as "Plugged In." So if you have an item - say an old computer - plugged into an extender, it won't read as part of the wireless network. That is important. When you ask your main router, it will identify that (and anything else connected by Ethernet cable to a router or extender) as wired.

• The old desktop can only do 2.4G wirelessly. As a result, there are the following potential solutions:
    • Have both the PS5 and Windows 7 Desktop on the same 2.4G network. 2.4G is slower than 5G, but as long as they are both logged into the same network - not having one logged into the extender and the other logged into the main - should allow them to discover one another.
    • Possibly upgrade the wireless card in the Win7 Desktop to 5G. This is not an option I chose.
    • Have each Plugged into the same router or extender. This is the route (no pun intended) I'm taking. I have an extender near the PS5, but it only has one Ethernet port. I've ordered a small basic multi-port to provide 4 extra Ethernet ports from the same extender. It should arrive today.
The cost of the thing I got off Amazon was $14. The extender was already a purchase I made recently, so I'm not counting that as a cost but mine was around the $22 range.

Once I set this up, I'll take the PS5 off the wireless network and have it hard wired into the same extender as the Windows 7 PC which should resolve the issue. I'll likely chime in on Monday with the results.

Revengel
Good find. Different bandwidths slipped my mind. You’ll be going in no time.

Revengel
Update: Result!

I was able to get the cheap multi-port connected to the extender, took two ethernet cables and plugged them into the multi-port, ran one to the PS5 and the other to the computer. I did have to make a small change to what I had set in my SimHub - making sure I had the correct one listed as it got changed during all the hub-bub - but I'm running dashboards and the like without any problems!

Related, I ordered my Buttkicker Gamer Plus and expect to have it this week. Also, I grabbed some SimHub and ButtKicker decals from the Showcase to add to my liveries.

I want to thank all of you - and especially @hawkeyez - for all the help you've provided to get me running. Hopefully my accounting in the three posts will be helpful should someone else have a similar situation.

See you on the track,
Revengel

Update: Result!

I was able to get the cheap multi-port connected to the extender, took two ethernet cables and plugged them into the multi-port, ran one to the PS5 and the other to the computer. I did have to make a small change to what I had set in my SimHub - making sure I had the correct one listed as it got changed during all the hub-bub - but I'm running dashboards and the like without any problems!

Related, I ordered my Buttkicker Gamer Plus and expect to have it this week. Also, I grabbed some SimHub and ButtKicker decals from the Showcase to add to my liveries.

I want to thank all of you - and especially @hawkeyez - for all the help you've provided to get me running. Hopefully my accounting in the three posts will be helpful should someone else have a similar situation.

See you on the track,
Revengel
I don’t feel like I didn’t anything but encourage you to keep trying hahaha

Hi everyone - I just read through all 15 pages of this thread and honestly I don't know if it's my ADHD or just reading too much info at once but I am still left with questions on where to start.

I do plan on upgrading my setup for haptics but I want to continue to play GT7 and F1 on PC and would love to have the best possible settings in SimHub for the setup I currently have while I plan my upgrades moving forward.

My current setup is:

8020 aluminum rig from RacingCockpits.com
Fanatec GT DD Pro 8 nm wheel
Fanatec Formula 2.5 wheel
Fanatec pedals and load cell brake
Buttkicker Gamer Pro mounted underneath seat on aluminum
Sparco R100 seat

I feel that I'm pretty familiar with SimHub at least at a basic level and have been toying with some effects both for GT7 and F1, but I am not satisfied with what I've been able to accomplish for GT7.

I saw Mr Latte share some early settings in the first few pages of the thread but it sounds like those have been improved upon since and I am not sure how relevant they are to my current setup anyway.

Would someone who knows better than me mind giving some guidance as to how to make the most of my current setup while I figure out how to best move towards upgrading? Really appreciate all the passion in this thread but I am struggling to make sense of how it pertains to my current setup. Thank you all!

Back again....

In what I shared with the private test, back then did it work well?
Keep in mind this was with quite quick developments.

Since then, improvements have been made with how I build effects and using reduced number of layers, but I have not focused on GT7.

What I did enjoy and always appreciated is people that helped with feedback and some of the guys were great with that.
Yet because we had different people using different hardware, I wanted/needed people to let me know what settings or why they preferred something.

My stance however has changed as clearly you all seen, many people offered no conversation at all or input.
Trying to make the effects suit everyone and with different hardware is not ideal. Also people using from seats off a van iirc, to units installed to pedals/seat or those using 4 corners. Making effects that suit or work on all that is just simply not feasable nor will most of the people even properly experience the effects as they were made to feel. This is even before we consider the many varations of amps/units people have. Its a nightmare man and some may be happy to settle with whatever they use or how they have it installed. Yet to me that is crazy, because if they enjoy tactile immersion, then does it not make sense to spend just a bit more to at least properly experience the work with effects that was being done?

So at the start of this year I decided, I wanted to focus on sharing this new approach I have and specifically building effects that take advantage of the hardware benefits the BDS offers over most (if not all) current budget transducers/exciters. Doing this means people will better experience what the effects are meant to feel like and it should make using or finding settings that work well on peoples rigs. Not only do I want to improve the quality of the immersion in effects, but I want to simplfy it with effects tailor made for the recommended hardware.

What you or others are are welcome to do, is go out and get the best effects you can, from others, or based on your own efforts.
However, the offer to you is to consider buying at least 2x BDS using the hardware I recommend and then lets see how what I can now offer in effects compares...

Is that of any interest? I certainly can start a new group, sharing this new approach and its not like what others are doing. You or others could contribute with giving me feedback from GT7 or other sims with the new effects and approach. However this time, it will only be for those that follow the guidelines on hardware and installing. This way it creates a *fixed setup and everyone should get from it, as close to what I put into it for how the effects feel and operate. This way it also makes it much easier for a group of people to focus on what they like or prefer in different sensations that could be made for specific effects.

Last edited:
Back again....

In what I shared with the private test, back then did it work well?
Keep in mind this was with quite quick developments.

Since then, improvements have been made with how I build effects and using reduced number of layers, but I have not focused on GT7.

What I did enjoy and always appreciated is people that helped with feedback and some of the guys were great with that.
Yet because we had different people using different hardware, I wanted/needed people to let me know what settings or why they preferred something.

My stance however has changed as clearly you all seen, many people offered no conversation at all or input.
Trying to make the effects suit everyone and with different hardware is not ideal. Also people using from seats off a van iirc, to units installed to pedals/seat or those using 4 corners. Making effects that suit or work on all that is just simply not feasable nor will most of the people even properly experience the effects as they were made to feel. This is even before we consider the many varations of amps/units people have. Its a nightmare man and some may be happy to settle with whatever they use or how they have it installed. Yet to me that is crazy, because if they enjoy tactile immersion, then does it not make sense to spend just a bit more to at least properly experience the work with effects that was being done?

So at the start of this year I decided, I wanted to focus on sharing this new approach I have and specifically building effects that take advantage of the hardware benefits the BDS offers over most (if not all) current budget transducers/exciters. Doing this means people will better experience what the effects are meant to feel like and it should make using or finding settings that work well on peoples rigs. Not only do I want to improve the quality of the immersion in effects, but I want to simplfy it with effects tailor made for the recommended hardware.

What you or others are are welcome to do, is go out and get the best effects you can, from others, or based on your own efforts.
However, the offer to you is to consider buying at least 2x BDS using the hardware I recommend and then lets see how what I can now offer in effects compares...

Is that of any interest? I certainly can start a new group, sharing this new approach and its not like what others are doing. You or others could contribute with giving me feedback from GT7 or other sims with the new effects and approach. However this time, it will only be for those that follow the guidelines on hardware and installing. This way it creates a *fixed setup and everyone should get from it, as close to what I put into it for how the effects feel and operate. This way it also makes it much easier for a group of people to focus on what they like or prefer in different sensations that could be made for specific effects.
MINI-VAN! You just won’t let that go hey? Lol

Does it keep you up at night knowing I race sitting in a nice comfortable seat out of real vehicle as opposed to a harder thin foam bucket seat? I sit in that seat to race, I play call of duty. Heck I could comfortably sit in it to watch a movie if I wanted. Don’t knock it until you try it. Not to mention cost, it was brand new, hardly been sat it, and cost was… FREE.

Last edited:
MINI-VAN! You just won’t let that go hey? Lol

Does it keep you up at night knowing I race sitting in a nice comfortable seat out of real vehicle as opposed to a harder thin foam bucket seat? I sit in that seat to race, I play call of duty. Heck I could comfortably sit in it to watch a movie if I wanted. Don’t knock it until you try it. Not to mention cost, it was brand new, hardly been sat it, and cost was… FREE.
Yes thats your choice friend and its fine but the point highlighted is that to help improve the tactile that will be experienced, certain things regards installation and including the type of seat used are relevant to how good or what you may get from feeling various frequencies, espically with low wattage budget tactile.

Your example combines restricted hardware with not ideal seating. It is being highlighted to express the scope of different installations that are out their. Others were alao mentioned too, like corner installations, that have drawbacks as well. Simply meaning its not possible for effects to be made that will work fully, or be experienced as intended with everyone...

It is why tactile is a mess of confusion and mixed experiences as well as frustrating.

Too many factors, too many hardware combos, we need a fixed hardware solution as a basis to work from.

THIS is why *(for me) it also makes sense to work towards a configuration and selection of specific hardware that brings the best immersion possible within an affordable budget as a goal.

Then to build effects specifically for that hardware. Taking advantage of how that hardware operates/performs as well as bringing much improved immersion over other options.

Last edited:
Yes thats your choice friend and its fine but the point highlighted is that to help improve the tactile that will be experienced, certain things regards installation and including the type of seat used are relevant to how good or what you may get from feeling various frequencies, espically with low wattage budget tactile.

Your example combines restricted hardware with not ideal seating. It is being highlighted to express the scope of different installations that are out their. Others were alao mentioned too, like corner installations, that have drawbacks as well. Simply meaning its not possible for effects to be made that will work fully, or be experienced as intended with everyone...

It is why tactile is a mess of confusion and mixed experiences as well as frustrating.

Too many factors, too many hardware combos, we need a fixed hardware solution as a basis to work from.

THIS is why *(for me) it also makes sense to work towards a configuration and selection of specific hardware that brings the best immersion possible within an affordable budget as a goal.

Then to build effects specifically for that hardware. Taking advantage of how that hardware operates/performs as well as bringing much improved immersion over other options.
I’ve embedded the pucks into my seat, there’s about 3 inches of foam between me and the pucks. My rig is steel, diy build, my pedal board is mounted on rubber isolators, the entire rig is on isolator pads. I have five pucks embedded in the seat, one attached to the frame centralized for general road and engine vibration and I have two pucks on my pedal board. Any vibration from pedal board does not reach my seat and anything vibration from my seat does not reach my pedal board.

I agree with your last sentence regarding specific hardware…. because until YOU can set up exactly what everyone else has built and test it for yourself, your opinion of their rig is just a shot in the dark as to how effective it may or may not be. You mention people get set up and then just go silent in here. I take that as they’re happy with their setup and could care less to take it further.

Anyway, I have said it before and I’ll say it again, the only way you’re going to get a bunch of people (new people) on board with testing is to come up with a list of hardware including wheel and rig that is at a very reasonable price point. Mostly everyone that already has a rig isn’t going to dish out more money and time to redo their rig.

You’d have to make that list easy to find. Like an all in $2500 (including wheel) setup. All parts available around the world. The wheel to be used has to be included in that because some wheels such as the Logitech Pro is gonna shake the rig whether you have shakers or not. Only then can you get everybody sharing settings.

With all that being said, not to burst your bubble but try having 30 people in a room while mixing a song and ask that everybody gives input on that mix. That mixing session is going to go nowhere. Who’s right? Who’s wrong? Is everyone’s ears hearing the frequencies the same? Doubt it. Honestly it’s just not going to happen, if you want to find the best setup that’s on you. And then from there you’ll have to build it, manufacture it and market it so others can experience what you painstakingly worked at finishing.

I think a more useful thread would be parts lists for different budget options and clear instructions on how to get it setup with very generalized SimHub settings. That would get more people into using tactile feedback.

I’ve embedded the pucks into my seat, there’s about 3 inches of foam between me and the pucks. My rig is steel, diy build, my pedal board is mounted on rubber isolators, the entire rig is on isolator pads. I have five pucks embedded in the seat, one attached to the frame centralized for general road and engine vibration and I have two pucks on my pedal board. Any vibration from pedal board does not reach my seat and anything vibration from my seat does not reach my pedal board.

I agree with your last sentence regarding specific hardware…. because until YOU can set up exactly what everyone else has built and test it for yourself, your opinion of their rig is just a shot in the dark as to how effective it may or may not be. You mention people get set up and then just go silent in here. I take that as they’re happy with their setup and could care less to take it further.

Anyway, I have said it before and I’ll say it again, the only way you’re going to get a bunch of people (new people) on board with testing is to come up with a list of hardware including wheel and rig that is at a very reasonable price point. Mostly everyone that already has a rig isn’t going to dish out more money and time to redo their rig.

You’d have to make that list easy to find. Like an all in $2500 (including wheel) setup. All parts available around the world. The wheel to be used has to be included in that because some wheels such as the Logitech Pro is gonna shake the rig whether you have shakers or not. Only then can you get everybody sharing settings.

With all that being said, not to burst your bubble but try having 30 people in a room while mixing a song and ask that everybody gives input on that mix. That mixing session is going to go nowhere. Who’s right? Who’s wrong? Is everyone’s ears hearing the frequencies the same? Doubt it. Honestly it’s just not going to happen, if you want to find the best setup that’s on you. And then from there you’ll have to build it, manufacture it and market it so others can experience what you painstakingly worked at finishing.

I think a more useful thread would be parts lists for different budget options and clear instructions on how to get it setup with very generalized SimHub settings. That would get more people into using tactile feedback.
Thank you for clarifying again, what you have....

It's good that you isolated parts of the rig to decouple seat/pedals, so these are smaller sized components as it helps maintain the vibrations better within those sections than trying to vibrate a whole rig frame. This method, improves over the "corners" approach and it enables us to go about targetting specific body contact regions. For your own installation the TT25 pucks suit such a seat like you adapted, as they can be pressed against and we can't do that with exciters.

Seems to me, you have incorporated into the seat, a configuration quite similar to an SRS UShake6 based seat pad as that uses the same units you opted for. One of the benefits being unlike a (Buttkicker) purchase, it sends generated vibrations directly into body regions and can better offer multiple effects operating at once and even provide stereo sensations. So yes it helps achieve multi-dimensional tactile and it can please plenty of people.

Although, often these people are newcomers to experiencing tactile. It may even be accurate to say, they have no real way to benchmark how good what they have is, or that their experiences with tactile is rather limited.

We could ask that even of you, in regards to other options available with tactile you experimented with, previously owned or compared. You tell me "Don’t knock it until you try it" okay sure (chill out), but in fairness, you have no idea what I have tried.

FACT
The TT25 puck is one of the most purchased models and partly because it is so cheap and been around for years. While it is a robust little performer for a tactile transducer. It only supports 15 watts (RMS) which is one of the lowest powered units available. With frequencies, it may operate at its best within @30Hz-60Hz and it may not produce much sensation below this or not much above that neither.

Lets see how I am doing so far, what I will ask you to do, that would actually make this conversation useful to others, is to show people here the frequencies that you apply for effects that you use. No need for you to get defensive, as I have said before, if you enjoy what you have then that is a large part of being satisfied.

However, lets give people here an example of what you are using in frequencies for effects please. All you mentioned is that you have 5 units in seat, 2 on pedals and apply general road/engine effects to one. That does very little to gauge things, so lets illustrate and put into perspective what you are experiencing and how that falls into things...

Dont be shy....

For reference, here is one example for you or others to compare with.

The Choosen Unit:
Dayton Audio EX32VBDS-4 exciter @ $35 or less

New Level Of Performance / Cost
Offers 40watt RMS (@ 3x the output power of your TT25 pucks) at (@ 2x the cost)

What is vastly differnet however is the usable and felt dynamic range that can be utilised.

My claims are, this unit is able to deliver felt sensations, even with the lowest frequencies, that is not possible on other tested/owned budget models. Importantly, from an effects perspective. What this enables is new creativity towards producing much more engrossing effects, than was ever possible before and importantly with a budget friendly hardware option, which can still be installed directly to specific body regions for suitable or adapted pedals/seat.

*Wheelslip sensation operating over 3 stages with differing response curves, producing a very wide range of felt sensation from small to large levels of slip activity or during full spins.

Last edited:
Are the Clark transducers no longer favored for tactile?
Used in what basis and for what effects or roles?
Give me a configuration example.

Also when you say TST units, worth noting that a T209 is quite a different experience to a T329 or T429.

Perspective:
These are still excellent for RPM and one of the better units for applying octaves/harmonics in effects as they are very musical and smooth in their operation over wide frequency ranges. The upper models $470 / $700 still can have a place on highend rigs but one of the more expensive options...

They can produce very good "game audio" sensations (best with control via EQ or DSP = more $$$)
Dual Role application, being used as a mid-high bass frequency role to be combined with large BK for low bass role
This approach can deliver some of the best quality (and power) in tactile over the full dynamic bass range.

Pedal Section Example:
1x Large BK LFE
1x TST 329

I have found a new approach with a recent focus for taking pedal based tactile to a new level.

One that can outperform this, in several ways (though perhaps not quite all).
The solution places less effects burden onto a BK/TST combo but importantly.

The primary factor being it is much cheaper, with less expensive amplification options possible and with certain benefits.
I put a lot of effort into creating effects with the ability to offer multiple *(stereo based) effects sensations directly via pedals.
These can also be applied to a seat too, but it now means we can achieve a great deal more sensation for what the car is doing on track. Perhaps, less focus on an engine sensation overpowering others, but that is still always possible or an option.

Stereo Effect Examples:
* Speed Curving / Lateral G / Wheel Slip / Road Rumble / Road Vibration / Road Impacts

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying again, what you have....

It's good that you isolated parts of the rig to decouple seat/pedals, so these are smaller sized components as it helps maintain the vibrations better within those sections than trying to vibrate a whole rig frame. This method, improves over the "corners" approach and it enables us to go about targetting specific body contact regions. For your own installation the TT25 pucks suit such a seat like you adapted, as they can be pressed against and we can't do that with exciters.

Seems to me, you have incorporated into the seat, a configuration quite similar to an SRS UShake6 based seat pad as that uses the same units you opted for. One of the benefits being unlike a (Buttkicker) purchase, it sends generated vibrations directly into body regions and can better offer multiple effects operating at once and even provide stereo sensations. So yes it helps achieve multi-dimensional tactile and it can please plenty of people.

Although, often these people are newcomers to experiencing tactile. It may even be accurate to say, they have no real way to benchmark how good what they have is, or that their experiences with tactile is rather limited.

We could ask that even of you, in regards to other options available with tactile you experimented with, previously owned or compared. You tell me "Don’t knock it until you try it" okay sure (chill out), but in fairness, you have no idea what I have tried.

FACT
The TT25 puck is one of the most purchased models and partly because it is so cheap and been around for years. While it is a robust little performer for a tactile transducer. It only supports 15 watts (RMS) which is one of the lowest powered units available. With frequencies, it may operate at its best within @30Hz-60Hz and it may not produce much sensation below this or not much above that neither.

Lets see how I am doing so far, what I will ask you to do, that would actually make this conversation useful to others, is to show people here the frequencies that you apply for effects that you use. No need for you to get defensive, as I have said before, if you enjoy what you have then that is a large part of being satisfied.

However, lets give people here an example of what you are using in frequencies for effects please. All you mentioned is that you have 5 units in seat, 2 on pedals and apply general road/engine effects to one. That does very little to gauge things, so lets illustrate and put into perspective what you are experiencing and how that falls into things...

Dont be shy....

For reference, here is one example for you or others to compare with.

The Choosen Unit:
Dayton Audio EX32VBDS-4 exciter @ $35 or less

New Level Of Performance / Cost
Offers 40watt RMS (@ 3x the output power of your TT25 pucks) at (@ 2x the cost)

What is vastly differnet however is the usable and felt dynamic range that can be utilised.

My claims are, this unit is able to deliver felt sensations, even with the lowest frequencies, that is not possible on other tested/owned budget models. Importantly, from an effects perspective. What this enables is new creativity towards producing much more engrossing effects, than was ever possible before and importantly with a budget friendly hardware option.

No need to get defensive? Haha. Sorry can’t help it when you pretty much mock the van seat every chance you get. Haha. I’m good with what I got, don’t try to flip it around back on me. You can’t sit in my rig, do some races and make a analysis on what you’re getting for feedback. Almost none of us can, we don’t go and buy several rigs, try them out, swap out exciters and shakers and transducers and then make a decision. Everybody is working with what they’ve got. We don’t live beside one another to try out several different rigs and then make purchases based on that. Why do you keep switching your stuff out? Are you blowing exciters and shakers running them at too high or low of frequencies? I worked my way through enough of this thread to come to the conclusion it’s ever changing. If my setup ever craps out maybe I’ll look into using some different things just for the heck of it.

No need to get defensive? Haha. Sorry can’t help it when you pretty much mock the van seat every chance you get. Haha. I’m good with what I got, don’t try to flip it around back on me. You can’t sit in my rig, do some races and make a analysis on what you’re getting for feedback. Almost none of us can, we don’t go and buy several rigs, try them out, swap out exciters and shakers and transducers and then make a decision. Everybody is working with what they’ve got. We don’t live beside one another to try out several different rigs and then make purchases based on that. Why do you keep switching your stuff out? Are you blowing exciters and shakers running them at too high or low of frequencies? I worked my way through enough of this thread to come to the conclusion it’s ever changing. If my setup ever craps out maybe I’ll look into using some different things just for the heck of it.
Well just disappointing dude...

Once again you back out of not showing what you use for effects, but keep telling us all how great your "mini-van seat feels".
Its comfy we get it......

From you, no in-depth examples of the effects you use, the frequencies they apply or how you utiluse the different channels with various effects. Even if you used a more suitable seat, it would not change much what you are using for effects, as the primary factor here is the performance abilities and limitations of the unit you have.

You keep trying to sway out of this by saying well others dont have the same rig or setup you have, and honestly it is a rather weak excuse man. Also, this apparent refusal on your part to show such and side-stepping is just not helpful to people here.

What was tried here, was to seriously just do 1-1 comparisons of what you use, what you say works great and what you enjoy.
Yet we are not allowed to make some fun about your seat as you get annoyed, come on dude.

Believe it or not, some will have no issue upgrading, just as they upgrade other things. Let me give a further scenario for people. A current trend is ABS or haptic in pedals. I went out and bought 2x Simagic HPR (err tactile is a hobby its a thing I do).
All the hype about these is everywhere and I am sure some here will already own them too.

A user can start with this concept, applying a single BDS exciter unit for ABS to the brake pedal. Even that can come in cheaper than a Simagic HPR option. I say it can, outperform it, be able to work with a much wider range of frequencies and is suitable for a wider range of effects operating at once.

I do not honestly think that many people, that are even kinda serious about sim racing will use such a seat like you have, but you fail to see that what you have decided to use, (your choice btw) is not really a common thing with sim rigs.

What did you benefit, some others here will have a very good idea of what the TT25 can achieve, thank you...
Yes it works decently but is that now a better purchase than what I am highlighting and how as a unit it opens a new doorway to what we can achieve with creating better effects.

My BDS units have been tested for over 6 months, no problems or failures. So yes thanks for reminding me to say, it appears to be a more robust unit than some of the previous exciters.

Last edited:
Well just disappointing dude...

Once again you back out of not showing what you use for effects, but keep telling us all how great your "mini-van seat feels".
Its comfy we get it......

From you, no in-depth examples of the effects you use, the frequencies they apply or how you utiluse the different channels with various effects. Even if you used a more suitable seat, it would not change much what you are using for effects, as the primary factor here is the performance abilities and limitations of the unit you have.

You keep trying to sway out of this by saying well others dont have the same rig or setup you have, and honestly it is a rather weak excuse man. Also, this apparent refusal on your part to show such and side-stepping is just not helpful to people here.

What was tried here, was to seriously just do 1-1 comparisons of what you use, what you say works great and what you enjoy.
Yet we are not allowed to make some fun about your seat as you get annoyed, come on dude.

Believe it or not, some will have no issue upgrading, just as they upgrade other things. Let me give a further scenario for people. A current trend is ABS or haptic in pedals. I went out and bought 2x Simagic HPR (err tactile is a hobby its a thing I do).
All the hype about these is everywhere and I am sure some here will already own them too.

A user can start with this concept, applying a single BDS exciter unit for ABS to the brake pedal. Even that can come in cheaper than a Simagic HPR option. I say it can, outperform it, be able to work with a much wider range of frequencies and is suitable for a wider range of effects operating at once.

I do not honestly think that many people, that are even kinda serious about sim racing will use such a seat like you have, but you fail to see that what you have decided to use, (your choice btw) is not really a common thing with sim rigs.

What did you benefit, some others here will have a very good idea of what the TT25 can achieve, thank you...
Yes it works decently but is that now a better purchase than what I am highlighting and how as a unit it opens a new doorway to what we can achieve with creating better effects.

My BDS units have been tested for over 6 months, no problems or failures. So yes thanks for reminding me to say, it appears to be a more robust unit than some of the previous exciters.
I’ll screenshot my settings and post in here but I also know exactly what will be coming from you…

As far as the seat goes I don’t see what the difference is between a bucket seat and a seat out of a car? You sit in it. There are some nice features that come from a seat out of a vehicle such as being able to recline and slide the seat into the perfect position which is handy for other people trying your rig out. Maybe they’re taller or shorter. I’ve seen lots of people using seats out of cars for their rigs so not sure what you’re getting at. A lot of them also swapped out their bucket “sim racing” seat because they were just too uncomfortable.

Anyway all of this friction between us started when I simply asked in this thread if anybody had any ideas on the best ways to mount the shakers. You replied in a fairly insulting way citing everything I had just wasn’t worth bothering with. Thing is you didn’t stop there, you continue to throw the “van seat” thing out there whenever you can and same with the Nobsound and the TT25’s. We get it, you don’t like them. Like I said, don’t lose sleep over my rig, it’s not worth it. In the meantime, you might want to work on your people skills Mr Latte.

@Mr Latte
I am not sure and can only speak for myself but as far as i understood we will all need the same hardware to join your group. Thats makes Sense so everybody Talks about the same.

But people like me already have Their Parts together and are just looking for ideal settings. I would be Interested in a group trying out different stuff and giving feedback.

But i will Not buy a new Setup for that.

I hope i was understanding you Right. Otherwise just ignore this post 😂

I’ll screenshot my settings and post in here but I also know exactly what will be coming from you…

As far as the seat goes I don’t see what the difference is between a bucket seat and a seat out of a car? You sit in it. There are some nice features that come from a seat out of a vehicle such as being able to recline and slide the seat into the perfect position which is handy for other people trying your rig out. Maybe they’re taller or shorter. I’ve seen lots of people using seats out of cars for their rigs so not sure what you’re getting at. A lot of them also swapped out their bucket “sim racing” seat because they were just too uncomfortable.

Anyway all of this friction between us started when I simply asked in this thread if anybody had any ideas on the best ways to mount the shakers. You replied in a fairly insulting way citing everything I had just wasn’t worth bothering with. Thing is you didn’t stop there, you continue to throw the “van seat” thing out there whenever you can and same with the Nobsound and the TT25’s. We get it, you don’t like them. Like I said, don’t lose sleep over my rig, it’s not worth it. In the meantime, you might want to work on your people skills Mr Latte.
That would be a positive step....

I want to determine also if others are using something similar with their own effects they worked on, to what you are using.
So any notes or info you can add with the images you share or others want to share would be helpful. Understanding how you are mapping certain effects to the various channels or separating effects (to suit you) will be interesting.

Modified Seat
Likely that, your body is in close contact with the units you installed, even though you have @ 3" of foam/cushioning. That may dampen somewhat partially what you feel. Other users with perhaps various (junk yard type) car seats may be in similar situation. They perhaps mod a seat, but these may also have typically heavy frames/springs and lots of cushioning.

More Ideal Seats
A hard back, based seat firstly may be much less in physical mass, it lets us position the units to certain body region areas.
Yet one potential key difference is, the vibration may flow more efficently over the seat, this may vary with different frequencies used but creating a wider potential contact area. In your case you rely on each small unit maintaining direct contact with your body. So its possible or likely going to feel more localised and while I can't say, based on the installation you applied, you may or may not get to feel each unit optimally.

As I mentioned one of the biggest problems is, too many varying factors between users hardware and including rigs/seats with how the tactile may be experienced. Also what one person may experience with the same effects may then be quite different to another.

It is more likely, effects created for users with hard back seats, or sports recliners will feel things in a more similar fashion than how a range of users all with very different car/van seats and all with their own d.i.y installations.

Narrowing down the varations is a key factor, and you yourself have stated the settings you apply with your rig, indeed may not suit others. Likewise, some of the best effects created by people in the community, (not just mine) they may not work well at all on your rig.

Surely, we all can agree, it makes much more sense to have a situation, where people can easily apply other peoples Simhub profiles and the success of those working well is much greater. Making it simple for people to enjoy tactile, even with no clue about frequencies or Simhub settings.

Dayton Puck
It's been a while since I tested a puck, iirc and some have stated it has a bit of a peak @30Hz-35Hz (cant be exact) but the main disadvantage with this unit to what I am proposing, is two fold.

Firstly, it has much less output power.
You may say, you dont use the units you have even at full power. This is common as what we find with budget hardware often is users will apply most effects and in particular their most preferred effects within the strongest felt frequencies.

This increases the amplitude of those frequencies, as they get repeated with different effects. So what you likely get to feel most prominent or experience is a rather narrow frequency range. What defines the volume you then apply is reaching a point the units strongest felt frequencies meets the level of comfort you feel is just right.

When we have units, that have a much wider usable frequency range, again those units have may certain mid bass frequencies that can peak. The difference is, we apply less volume to these specific layers, but in turn we use the additional power to then boost up other frequencies which the unit generates yet require more power to be experienced how we want them to feel. This also can depend on the output characteristics of different units and of course the effects being used and what frequencies are being applied.

I find with multi-layer based effects, which may apply 2/3 or more layers. It is possible to alter the output character being generated for how an effect can feel. We seen this in the early tests done with the road bumps. Some people prefered the "Sport" setting and others the "Race". However for multilayer based effects to work properly, they need tactile units or exciters that do not have a narrow operating range.

We should not downplay the benefits with effects creation/generation, a scenario it is possible to be able to utilse more frequency range. As then it is not only possible to better apply different effects with their own felt sensation to others, but also with the layering, allow users to tune/tweak or adapt a little how each of those feels more to the users preference.

We can take "affordfable tactile" to much better levels than what I believe many and a large percentage of the community may already have or experiencing.

To show you thier is no ill feelings between us both, even if we may not agree on certain things, can I suggest I buy you a BDS exciter to compare in your pedals. I would like for you to get an idea on what it can achieve.

Last edited:
Back