GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 343 comments
Fixing the physics would be nice.
Lots of things would be nice, but the point is to predict not to wish and complain.

As the Mitsubishi Evos are still obviously suffering from bounce, I'd predict some physics changes but probably not a lot or it would have been expedited.

Lots of things would be nice, but the point is to predict not to wish and complain.

As the Mitsubishi Evos are still obviously suffering from bounce, I'd predict some physics changes but probably not a lot or it would have been expeMos
Most of the predicts here are wishes.

100% certain there will be a big update accompanying the PS5 Pro update.
Based on what? Feels? 100% certain seems like a lot.
The Pro update in itself is a big deal already. Don’t know why I would expect big things on top of it - much less with 100% certainty.

Given the last update was big I expect the next update to be a standard 3 car update.

0% certainty. 50% confidence.

Based on what? Feels? 100% certain seems like a lot.
The Pro update in itself is a big deal already. Don’t know why I would expect big things on top of it - much less with 100% certainty.

Given the last update was big I expect the next update to be a standard 3 car update.

0% certainty. 50% confidence.
The simple adage: "Work smarter, not harder." Why roll out an update, just to turn around and update that update for the PS5pro when you could do it all in one fell swoop?

100% certain there will be a big update accompanying the PS5 Pro update.
The PS5 Pro launch is only really significant for GT7 players who will buy the console at release. Not many people compared to the existing pool of players on PS4 and PS5. It wouldn’t make much sense to hold stuff back just to celebrate it with a big content update alongside the PS5 Pro. Reach is too small to make any impact, and the game needs an update now. Players are starving for new content and physics tweaks are needed quite urgently as some cars still bounce around.

The simple adage: "Work smarter, not harder." Why roll out an update, just to turn around and update that update for the PS5pro when you could do it all in one fell swoop?

We’re in September and the PS5 Pro comes out in November. That one swoop you talk about would effectively eliminate a September update, because the PS5 Pro stuff likely won’t get supported by GT7 until late October.

Last edited:
The PS5 Pro launch is only really significant for GT7 players who will buy the console at release. Not many people compared to the existing pool of players on PS4 and PS5. It wouldn’t make much sense to hold stuff back just to celebrate it with a big content update alongside the PS5 Pro. Reach is too small to make any impact, and the game needs an update now. Players are starving for new content and physics tweaks are needed quite urgently as some cars still bounce around.
Gross.

Given the 30th Anniversary of PlayStation is happening, I can think of one appropriate addition that would fit right in

View attachment 1390575

I've already made a lengthy post sometime ago about a list of cars I think could appear based on three main criteria (Series history, significance and whether it already has a racing or road variant already in-game if I recall) and well, this easily ticks two of those boxes.
For the "997" 911 GT1 race car, I might think of them adding the works livery instead of the PlayStation-sponsored car, while reserving the PS livery for the supposedly-scanned 993 GT2 Evo (which has errors in the currently restored livery, btw)

? That makes zero senses to me.

Back