GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 389 comments
I predict, no I suspect the system update yesterday laid the PSSR ground work and is already partially in effect. The timing of all the pieces to be in place sometimes is in multiple hands...

I think PD is just more busy than usual. They are working on the trial version of GT7, PS5 Pro enhancements and likely also the demo for TGS. Game is not dead.

“But the employees adding new cars and events aren’t the same employees doing graphics etc.”

It doesn’t matter. Development studios can only have so much on their plate at once. If PD is skipping September it’s most likely because they have their hands full and are planning to preview the next content update with a trailer at the upcoming World Series event in Tokyo. They already took this approach in Montreal, so it’s hardly unthinkable they would do it again. The downside, however, is we would be in for another month of waiting.

The worst thing is they don’t communicate what’s going on. They kept us informed when they weren’t going to deliver on the expectation of a content update at the end of June.

They certainly aren't obliged to keep doing it.
Says who?

I think PD is just more busy than usual. They are working on the trial version of GT7, PS5 Pro enhancements and likely also the demo for TGS. Game is not dead.

“But the employees adding new cars and events aren’t the same employees doing graphics etc.”

It doesn’t matter. Development studios can only have so much on their plate at once. If PD is skipping September it’s most likely because they have their hands full and are planning to preview the next content update with a trailer at the upcoming World Series event in Tokyo. They already took this approach in Montreal, so it’s hardly unthinkable they would do it again. The downside, however, is we would be in for another month of waiting.

The worst thing is they don’t communicate what’s going on. They kept us informed when they weren’t going to deliver on the expectation of a content update at the end of June.

Says who?
Says no one. We expect it yes, but they don't have to keep updating the game. There's no obligation for them to keep giving us content, we haven't bought a season pass or anything to oblige it.

I'm sure they'll tell us when the final update comes of course, and GTS was supported for what, 4 years? But they don't have to.

Says no one. We expect it yes, but they don't have to keep updating the game. There's no obligation for them to keep giving us content, we haven't bought a season pass or anything to oblige it.

I'm sure they'll tell us when the final update comes of course, and GTS was supported for what, 4 years? But they don't have to.
The isn't GT Sport anymore. I know that game and the way it was rolled out created some expectations, but at no time did PD say we can expect regular updates for GT7 - much less monthly ones.
It’s not so much a matter of what they owe to the players, but PD is a business with many stakeholders. For example, we don’t know whether they already have made agreements with manufacturers to add their cars to GT7 later in 2024 or 2025 even. There can be many commitments we don’t know about.

Last edited:
It’s not so much a matter of what they owe to the players, but PD is a business with many stakeholders. For example, we don’t know whether they already have made agreements with manufacturers to add their cars to GT7 later in 2024 or 2025 even. There can be many commitments we don’t know about.
Maybe, it's all speculation. All I'm saying is they don't have an obligation to keep adding content and updates. No one knows anything about their licensing deals, but we do know that a games content support will end at some point.

Let me assure you that stakeholders don't care about free updates what so ever. ;)

Last edited:
Maybe, it's all speculation. All I'm saying is they don't have an obligation to keep adding content and updates. No one knows anything about their licensing deals, but we do know that a games content support will end at some point.
And all I’m saying is they maybe do have an obligation to do it. Support obviously will end at some point, but now doesn’t seem to be the right time with so much happening around GT7.

Let me assure you that stakeholders don't care about free updates what so ever. ;)
Bold claim. GT7 is still ranking in the sales charts. Don’t tell me that more than two years of regular content updates have had no influence on this. Besides, stakeholders have more interests than financial gains alone.

Last edited:
stakeholders have more interests than financial gains alone.
This is certainly not true. I'm also not convinced there is a measurable correlation between base game sales and monthly updates.

Look - we all like free stuff. We're just not entitled to it and that's something we have to deal with.

Last edited:
Guys,if this month have no update, next month either, cuz ps5 pro's update is now clearly on November...
Given that the PS5 Pro launches on November 7, the GT7 PS5PE update will be on or before that. It's rational to expect it on October 24th/31st as part an expected (but not confirmed) October update - just like PSVR2 compatibility was included in 1.29.

This is certainly not true.
Let me rephrase that. Pleasing stakeholders isn’t all about the immediate transactions from selling a product. It can also be done through initiatives with indirect motives for financial gain.

Look - we all like free stuff. We're just not entitled to it and that's something we have to deal with.
I don’t think anyone is coming across entitled here. Players have become accustomed to regular content updates, so it’s only natural that responses are not so positive when nothing happens. It’s not necessarily complaints directed at PD. Some people would just like to have more of a good thing, and it’s hard to blame them for that. The updates being free or not is not even the main concern.

Last edited:
Given that the PS5 Pro launches on November 7, the GT7 PS5PE update will be on or before that. It's rational to expect it on October 24th/31st as part an expected (but not confirmed) October update - just like PSVR2 compatibility was included in 1.29.
Well, that'll be cool!! so let's wait and see

Welp, it seems no update in September, is going to be fun to see the drama and meltdowns when we got just 3 cars (2 VGTs and a duplicate) on October🤭

Last edited:
The dataminers have not even chimed in to say that new cars have become visible in the code. They usually do that well before Kaz posts something, but of course without revealing anything specific.
Either that, or the content is so lackluster that it's not even worth mentioning...

We can also get the update on the first week of october. Right after the world series so they dont coincide. Small 3 car update. Then the update after would be ps5 pro update at the end of november. That would be a bigger one.

Last edited:
I hope we do not receive any updates so maybe it means that they are finally focusing more on the next GT game… fingers crossed crossed

We can also get the update on the first week of october. Right after the world series so they dont coincide. Small 3 car update. Then the update after would be ps5 pro update at the end of november. That would be a bigger one.
Yeah, i think the same

Being a senior development studio, and knowing the position Kaz holds within SIE, PD will have a big say in the future of the franchise. But ultimately, Sony determines budgets, release schedules, licensing and so on.

Not too long ago I was of the belief GT8 would be coming sooner, rather than later. But seeing how slow AAA release schedules have been this gen, I just don’t see GT8 happening before late ‘26/‘27.

We also have the new ‘My First GT’ title and upcoming PS5 Pro update. Wouldn’t surprise me if Sony/PD decided to expand the lifespan of GT7. Who knows, we may get Spec III & IV down the line.

Last edited:
I think My First GT will answer quite a few of the community's questions, even if it does so unintentionally. It's just such a weird thing to have exist. Curated demos being a thing at all are rare these days, but a new curated demo for a two-and-a-half year old game that's sold 95% of the copies it ever will is unique I'm pretty sure. And I feel like it's a lot of work just for a PS 30th anniversary thing, so there's got to be something to it.

As for current month update: I wouldn't hit the panic button until tomorrow, silhouettes have been getting later and later lately. But they have put a lot on their plate between Pro, MFGT and cleaning up the new physics, so given PD's naturally slow cadence I wouldn't be shocked if there's nothing yet.

Latest Posts

Back