GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 427 comments
Kaz will really need to address the community if there's no update this month, and will also have to ramp up the amount of content missed out on.
94f8e0.jpg

You know the PS3 was capable of all of this and they did online updates, spec updates and seasonal content on both games for that console, right? It's not new to them at all.
Even excluding that you had the whole existence of GTS in which they could've 'learnt' with that, as they also did all of that there.
We're in a different world to the PS4 days, let alone PS3. Costs have ballooned, we're still stuck in cross-gen, and many studios haven't released a single (all-new) title for PS5. If past precedent is anything to go by Sony/PD will have been looking to release a PS5 only GT8 3-4 years after GT7. That now seems unlikely, and why would they. GT7 continues to sell well, PD remain at the tech cutting edge with a cross-gen title, and FM was a commercial and technical flop.

When you consider the upcoming 'My First GT' and Sony using GT7 to spearhead their PS5 Pro push. Far from things winding down, it seems to me they're doubling down on GT7. Hence my belief we could get substantial Spec/Anniversary updates to take GT7 though to late gen. At which point GT8 can be cross-gen PS5/PS6.

Last edited:
I don’t mind content getting skipped here and there but having to wait for content to get game fixes implemented is frustrating. Then again, they may just not have figured out the final physics remedies. Although, it sure feels as if a few decimal places are wrong, as opposed to things needing a massive rework..

🤷‍♂️
Considering one single letter was why a Aliens game was buggy, that feels very possible.

Considering one single letter was why a Aliens game was buggy, that feels very possible.
Definitely possible. I was changing the setup of a mod on a game I was playing a few days ago, I removed a double comma and it crashed the game everytime until I found out.

Back